Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,653 members, 7,827,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier (38360 Views)

Alpha Male Vs Baby Mama Wahala In My Street ! / Which Baby Carrier Is Better / Photo Of A Husband Backing His Plus-Sized Wife Through Pains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 21, 2019
realtalk19:

tying wrappers about is different from backing a child.it does not say breast provided u ar wearing a bra. even after 2 kids with enough backing ,my boobs are still standing.

sagging boobs depends on ur body elasticity

You are bragging they are not sagging grin, how do we know you are saying the truth?
Re: Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier by ImaIma1(f): 7:22pm On Feb 21, 2019
Hey lalasticlala it would be nice to have other views. Help take this to the frontpage
Re: Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier by comtem2011: 9:21pm On Feb 21, 2019
Taliban:

You are bragging they are not sagging grin, how do we know you are saying the truth?
what a question Nairalanders Sha!!! grin grin grin
Re: Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier by realtalk19: 9:39pm On Feb 21, 2019
Taliban:

kuku say i shuld send evidence of my boobs. it's not bragging. all female bodies are not same and either u back baby or not breast that wil sag Wil sag and the one that wil stand will stand even after having kids.

9 Likes

Re: Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier by martineverest(m): 10:37pm On Feb 21, 2019
Biglittlelois:
I think baby carrier is ideal for an outing, backing the baby should be at home.
smh

1 Like

Re: Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier by Oricha79(m): 10:38pm On Feb 21, 2019
Backing baby is the most beautiful way and natural.

1 Like

Re: Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier by Aryin87(m): 10:39pm On Feb 21, 2019
If you are bored, worried or lonely and you need anyone to gist, discuss, debate, dialogue, chat or talk to as a companion; regardless of the topic, buzz me on my whatsapp. Here is my no- +234(0)8081102858

PS No gossip please. cool
Re: Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier by Nobody: 10:41pm On Feb 21, 2019
grin
Re: Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:42pm On Feb 21, 2019
Baby carrier is better.
Re: Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier by Muzikluva(m): 10:43pm On Feb 21, 2019
Backing a baby sags the breast overtime.The weight of the baby pulls on the breast and gradually it begins to obey the law of gravity and nosedive. Baby carrier is better. When I get married, my wife is so not backing our babies... She wld use baby carrier.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier by ehissi(m): 10:43pm On Feb 21, 2019
realtalk19:

kuku say i shuld send evidence of my boobs. it's not bragging. all female bodies are not same and either u back baby or not breast that wil sag Wil sag and the one that wil stand will stand even after having kids.

Let me apologise on his behalf, what he said was how do we know you are telling the truth?

But what he meant to say was picture of the unsagged boobs or.......... lipsrsealed
Re: Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier by chocboi78(m): 10:43pm On Feb 21, 2019
Splinz:
smiley

It depends on what kind of carrier you're talking about, as one can backed a baby using a baby sling or carrier. See the picture attached.

However, if you're talking about a carrier that typifies a basket carrying tubers of yam, you may as well bear with the aged woman. smiley

If you were to ask me, I'd say a baby carrier that fastens the baby to the mother is the best.

this is definitely the ideal one

2 Likes

Re: Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier by anochuko01(m): 10:44pm On Feb 21, 2019
old people sef...theyre always scared of a change
Re: Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier by joyfullyjoyous(f): 10:46pm On Feb 21, 2019
It's better to use a baby carrier than backing the baby. Over the years,civilisation has changed a lot of things. In those days reusable nappies which needed to be washed were used but now its disposable diapers. Never seen a nursing mum back her baby in developed nations.

1 Like

Re: Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier by Nobody: 10:51pm On Feb 21, 2019
Oricha79:
Backing baby is the most beautiful way and natural.

And the baby carrier is an artificial way. Pfft

1 Like

Re: Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier by SlimBrawnie(f): 10:51pm On Feb 21, 2019
As for me, baby carrier while outing is the deal, I want to be seeing my baby with my korokoro eyes while we are out. I can back baby while home.

1 Like

Re: Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier by rayobaba(m): 10:52pm On Feb 21, 2019
realtalk19:

tying wrappers about is different from backing a child.it does not say breast provided u ar wearing a bra. even after 2 kids with enough backing ,my boobs are still standing.

really! Standing! I love standing!
Re: Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier by Gruvychuky(f): 10:54pm On Feb 21, 2019
I prefer backing my baby. I mustn't use wrapper. There are different materials you can use to match your outfit and look good. On two occasions, while backing my baby, I have slipped but my baby didn't even feel anything cos she was firmly on my back and I sustained injury on my kneel

11 Likes

Re: Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier by lydelara(f): 11:00pm On Feb 21, 2019
My baby is big and the carrier gives me aches on my shoulders and back. I have because of that abandoned the carrier and my baby and I are both comfy with me backing him... Backing all the way for me whether in or outside the house

10 Likes

Re: Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier by Lordjb: 11:03pm On Feb 21, 2019
realtalk19:

let me see the standing position grin
Re: Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier by ImaIma1(f): 11:06pm On Feb 21, 2019
joyfullyjoyous:
It's better to use a baby carrier than backing the baby. Over the years,civilisation has changed a lot of things. In those days reusable nappies which needed to be washed were used but now its disposable diapers. Never seen a nursing mum back her baby in developed nations.

I don't understand why people upgrade and advance in other areas but still hold on to things like backing babies.

If one who backs babies relocated abroad, will she still back her baby around or adapt to what is done there? I think it is a culture thing not necessarily the best for the child

3 Likes

Re: Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier by dvdami(m): 11:07pm On Feb 21, 2019
Well, this topic is highly debatable.

I would say: Do both but do the one you are more comfortable with more often.

Life evolves. You should too.

In another development, this woman used the 21st Century Parenting Method to train her children. Here's how the press narrates her story:

A mother of three reveals how she was able to give her children the best sex education, helped them avoid sexual abuse and now, the children call her the "BEST MUM IN THE WORLD."

Read her story here:

www.Yourfamilyandyou.com/my-story

2 Likes

Re: Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier by enemyofprogress: 11:17pm On Feb 21, 2019
Another trash
Re: Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier by legalwealth(m): 11:21pm On Feb 21, 2019
SlimBrawnie:
As for me, baby carrier while outing is the deal, I want to be seeing my baby with my korokoro eyes while we are out. I can back baby while home.

Lol!

You are so on point for saying that you want to be seeing your baby with your korokoro eyes while you are out.

Note that you can get quality one for yourself and your baby at IJAM Kiddies and you are free to
bookmark their newly launched website https://ijamkiddies.com/ for it and other stuffs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier by dazzlingd(m): 11:22pm On Feb 21, 2019
ImaIma1:

I have heard that too and there might be some truth in it. Even as a teenager then, my mum scolded me for tying wrappers a lot at home that it would sag my breast.

God bless your mum, she wants your breast preserved and pointed for us to enjoy
Re: Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier by safarigirl(f): 11:24pm On Feb 21, 2019
ImaIma1:

When you say "at the expense of the child", it implies that the carrier is not safe.

There are two ways of carrying a child; either front or back. If I pick front because it looks nicer, the first consideration is that the child is comfortable and safe.

My main issue is with people who back their babies making it seem like that is the standard or the method that has been approved by the World Health Organisation.

3G is great but 4G is better wink
i personally think it depends on what you are doing.

A carrier is good for outings, you need to be able to see your baby. It is safer, if you are getting on a bike, a carrier is more convenient. You don't need to worry about adjusting the child to jump bike or jump whatever, you don't have to worry someone will snatch your baby from the back.

If you are indoors and busy, backing the baby is more convenient. Your hands are free, you can work without obstruction. I can't be using a carrier while trying to prepare a meal, lest i risk burning the child or putting pepper in their eyes, or if i want to bend down amd wash clothes, can i bend with the baby carrier? Won't the baby fall off?

It really depends on what you are doing and where you are. Neither is better or worse, they both have their advantages and disadvantages and there is nothing wrong in knowing how to use the two. It is even better if you are an expert with both.

12 Likes

Re: Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier by dazzlingd(m): 11:28pm On Feb 21, 2019
realtalk19:

God forbid I behold another man's wife's breast....send that of your sister please.
Re: Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier by Richmoney1(m): 11:35pm On Feb 21, 2019
This thread is for women oh , infact they’re the only one commenting.
Re: Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier by SexynSerious(f): 11:39pm On Feb 21, 2019
you've spoken well, my sista. carrying baby in your back is the most comfortable form of taking care of your child both for mother and baby. The baby feels comfortable and relax in your back. unfortunately, our people tend to copy everything oyibo. they think it makes them sophisticated grin

realtalk19:

for me I prefer backing my child.its convinient for me unlike carriage in front whereby u still needed to support the weight of the baby with ur hands.

my son is 2years and I still back him conviniently when going out but can u put a 2year old in front?

3 Likes

Re: Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier by clems88(m): 11:41pm On Feb 21, 2019
Women thread

Re: Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier by topeorekoy(m): 11:42pm On Feb 21, 2019
safarigirl:
i personally think it depends on what you are doing.

A carrier is good for outings, you need to be able to see your baby. It is safer, if you are getting on a bike, a carrier is more convenient. You don't need to worry about adjusting the child to jump bike or jump whatever, you don't have to worry someone will snatch your baby from the back.

If you are indoors and busy, backing the baby is more convenient. Your hands are free, you can work without obstruction. I can't be using a carrier while trying to prepare a meal, lest i risk burning the child or putting pepper in their eyes, or if i want to bend down amd wash clothes, can i bend with the baby carrier? Won't the baby fall off?

It really depends on what you are doing and where you are. Neither is better or worse, they both have their advantages and disadvantages and there is nothing wrong in knowing how to use the two. It is even better if you are an expert with both.

Well said.

2 Likes

Re: Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier by Onyiilugo(f): 11:50pm On Feb 21, 2019
Today I used carrier when we went to market use backing only when I am at Home

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Mum Used To Beat My Dad So I Grew Up To Hate Women / Help: My Wife Wants Another Baby / How To Know If A Man Wants Only Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.