Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Power Reaches 5,375MW, Sustains 5,000MW Trend For 7 Days - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Reaches 5,375MW, Sustains 5,000MW Trend For 7 Days (10631 Views)

Abubakar Aliyu: Why We Can’t Generate 5,000MW Of Electricity / Obi: In 24 Years, APC, PDP Couldn’t Move Power Generation From 4,000 To 5,000MW / Nigeria And Germany Sign The 11,000mw Roadmap Deal To Improve Electricity - APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Reaches 5,375MW, Sustains 5,000MW Trend For 7 Days by gagewonda(m): 7:51am On Feb 12, 2019
So why is it that it's this same period my area that always had light suffered darkness the most. Shouldn't the megawatts and our light at home have a direct relationship?
Re: Power Reaches 5,375MW, Sustains 5,000MW Trend For 7 Days by Nobody: 7:53am On Feb 12, 2019
Arysexy:

Pls name the power stations PMB built that added the 3000MW.

This lies must be bursted today, for your info, I work in the power sector.

Just name d power stations that earned Ur god 3000MW in 3 years.

Im waiting....

Have you been allergic to the media and the news all this while?

All the equipment and gas plants and turbines they have intalled and fired up is it on the moon?

All the installation and test runs of about 4 turbines with a capacity of about 250mw each was it done on mars?

Some of you simply react from a place of abject ignorance because you NEVER read

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Reaches 5,375MW, Sustains 5,000MW Trend For 7 Days by rottennaija(m): 7:57am On Feb 12, 2019
calamus:

Izzi by force?

No but yes
Re: Power Reaches 5,375MW, Sustains 5,000MW Trend For 7 Days by BronzeMajik(f): 7:57am On Feb 12, 2019
I must say the distribution has improved, I had more than ten hours of light during those days mentioned even now, there's always light where I live. 5 hours straight at a time and it has nothing to do with the upcoming election.
Re: Power Reaches 5,375MW, Sustains 5,000MW Trend For 7 Days by Naajjii: 7:59am On Feb 12, 2019
This country self, what is 5300 mega watt capacity that is a news. This show the riot in Nigeria. Just imagine PDP for 16yrs did nothing about this Power situation and now trying to come back, with promise they will do this and that, why not apologise first before asking for votes again.
Re: Power Reaches 5,375MW, Sustains 5,000MW Trend For 7 Days by theoldpretender(m): 8:04am On Feb 12, 2019
bongolistik:
The reason I just don't like these types of stories is that Nigeria power grid operates like Forex trading charts, they move up and down per seconds and per minute bases.. Just watch next month you will hear power drops to 3500MW due to shortage of gas supply or National grid breakdown.

What happens to sustainable power supply? Should we just start rejoicing because they managed to sustain only 7 days of 5000MW of electricity in a population of over 180M whereas South Africa with 45M population have been generating over 45000MW of electricity year in year out without making a single noise.

We are not yet ready in this country, when we are ready we will all know

The reason why we are not at SA's level

1.15000 MW of SA's power comes from NUCLEAR POWER. Nigerians, are scared of nuclear power.

2.In SA, if you don't pay up, you get disconnected. In Nigeria, if you don't pay up, you can pay a bribe, or chase away the local DISCO operator.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Reaches 5,375MW, Sustains 5,000MW Trend For 7 Days by geezynoni: 8:08am On Feb 12, 2019
I no get light for my street
Re: Power Reaches 5,375MW, Sustains 5,000MW Trend For 7 Days by ImNaija: 8:08am On Feb 12, 2019
Coincidentally since last week Wednesday till now has been the worst this year in some areas in Abuja. Total blackout from Saturday morning till Sunday night then Monday midday till now
Re: Power Reaches 5,375MW, Sustains 5,000MW Trend For 7 Days by airsaylongcon: 8:12am On Feb 12, 2019
rusher14:

You've noticed improvement in power.

You've seen railways being built.

You've seen pensions being paid.

But you have other candidates in mind.

What exactly would these candidates provide?

What if all these things you outline aren't drivers or inputs in my decision making? I don't know about other railways but the Aladja-Ajaokuta rail line is an industrial rail line for moving iron ore from Itakpe to Delta Steel. I would have preferred if one of these two steel companies was completely revamped to generate employment. I lost my job under this administration and its been a herculean task getting another.

Jobs. This is what is driving my decision. And a very lucid outlining of what will be accomplished when my choice gets there.

I also don't want a president who is actually a proxy for the real leaders of the country.

1 Like

Re: Power Reaches 5,375MW, Sustains 5,000MW Trend For 7 Days by jericco1(m): 8:13am On Feb 12, 2019
omo I never experience this kind blackout wey I dey face right now

1 Like

Re: Power Reaches 5,375MW, Sustains 5,000MW Trend For 7 Days by Memphitz537(m): 8:16am On Feb 12, 2019
post=75645713:
God bless our President MUHAMMADU BUHARI and his amiable Vice president Prof Yemi OSIBANJO as they take us to the NEXT LEVEL, AKA, a land flowing with milk and honey.

FeBuhari 16th 2019, here we come......
APC is taking you and your family to the next level aka a land flowing with BLOOD,HUNGER AND SORROW!!!

2 Likes

Re: Power Reaches 5,375MW, Sustains 5,000MW Trend For 7 Days by bongolistik(m): 8:21am On Feb 12, 2019
Tetehjewels:

Read the report and stop talking silly.

We have capacity of 7000mw now ready to be distributed . which means apart from this 5000mw there is another 2000mw waiting to be distributed.

However the distribution is what is being looked at now.

We are gradually but surely coming out of the poo hole the failed PDP left us in for 16 failed years of their rulership
Please stop explaining hogwash to people in a bid to impose APC with your political undertone explanation in trying to enforce on people to believe as if you were bribed with N5000 to come and be romancing under people'comments all in the name of we are getting there whereas deep inside you, you know that this is a mare charade and political stunt, same way we have been encountering over the past years.

And mind you, if not that you are trying to be politically silly as well, you would have quoted the exact report as stated by the power minister and not your quote above "we have capacity of 7000mw now ready to be distributed" because nowhere he stated it that way but rather "Transmission has reached 7,000 while generation has reached 7000..."

Now who told you that there is another 2000MW ready to be distributed as if you were the one that kept the 2000MW somewhere and ready to distribute it. Or in your mind you think if they transmit and generate 7000MW, they will also distribute or ready to distribute 7000MW because that is what your mathematics tells you but you totally forgot that National grid power manipulation is not mathematics

1 Like

Re: Power Reaches 5,375MW, Sustains 5,000MW Trend For 7 Days by 989900: 8:25am On Feb 12, 2019
three:
Heghn lipsrsealed

The amazing thing about the way Super Gbatueyo Minister Fashola lies is the fact they even the data from his ministry over the course of three years has NEVER recorded 6000 MW transmission talk less of 7000.

He lies with audacity and alacrity. He depends on the nature of humans not to fact check someone deemed as an orator. A so-called progressive.

Riddle me this. How long should it take for a really good legacy of 8 years as Governor to be destroyed?

Look around Lagos and ask yourself, What is Fashola's Legacy?

BRT? Tinubu
Incomplete Rail? Tinubu
Incomplete (but tolled) 47km Lekki-Epe? Tinubu

All these have yielded income in their unfinished state for private citizens and not Lagosians.

APC must promote poverty and backwardness to remain relevant. It is their party logo!
Meanwhile they themselves are chopping and cleaning mouth while impoverishing millions of Nigerians - young and old - with their negative plague like policies.

Capabilities (potential); not running transmission.
And now, transmission is at 8,000MW capability.
Good news.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Reaches 5,375MW, Sustains 5,000MW Trend For 7 Days by Nobody: 8:25am On Feb 12, 2019
bongolistik:
Please stop explaining hogwash to people in a bid to impose APC with your political undertone explanation in trying to enforce on people to believe as if you were bribed with N5000 to come and be romancing under people'comments all in the name of we are getting there whereas deep inside you, you know that this is a mare charade and political stunt, same way we have been encountering over the past years.

And mind you, if not that you are trying to be politically silly as well, you would have quoted the exact report as stated by the power minister and not your quote above "we have capacity of 7000mw now ready to be distributed" because nowhere he stated it that way but rather "Transmission has reached 7,000 while generation has reached 7000..."

Now who told you that there is another 2000MW ready to be distributed as if you were the one that kept the 2000MW somewhere and ready to distribute it. Or in your mind you think if they transmit and generate 7000MW, they will also distribute or ready to distribute 7000MW because that is what your mathematics tells you but you totally forgot that National grid power manipulation is not mathematics

Illiteracy is when you don't know what generation and transmission is and what it entails.

Thanks for your stupidity but I didn't ask for it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Reaches 5,375MW, Sustains 5,000MW Trend For 7 Days by rusher14: 8:30am On Feb 12, 2019
airsaylongcon:

What if all these things you outline aren't drivers or inputs in my decision making? I don't know about other railways but the Aladja-Ajaokuta rail line is an industrial rail line for moving iron ore from Itakpe to Delta Steel. I would have preferred if one of these two steel companies was completely revamped to generate employment. I lost my job under this administration and its been a herculean task getting another.

Jobs. This is what is driving my decision. And a very lucid outlining of what will be accomplished when my choice gets there.

I also don't want a president who is actually a proxy for the real leaders of the country.

I don't know who your preferred candidate is, but the economic climate of Nigeria has been a snowball from well before 2015, which many people choose to ignore.

The talk of a Cabal is funny.

It matters not to the public as you never report to any of them.

In every government there is an inner caucus. If that's what people call a Cabal, then it's a misnomer.

Infrastructure leads to greater business.

Enterprise is given greater opportunity when infrastructure meets resourcefulness.

Overlooking all of this over a blip down the road isn't the best.

2 Likes

Re: Power Reaches 5,375MW, Sustains 5,000MW Trend For 7 Days by BusinessHub1: 8:33am On Feb 12, 2019
seguno2:

Please what is nice in telling you lies to win elections
My brother, we are all tired!

1 Like

Re: Power Reaches 5,375MW, Sustains 5,000MW Trend For 7 Days by Adekdammy: 8:35am On Feb 12, 2019
Yet I am only getting average of 3 to 5 hours when we are on.
Re: Power Reaches 5,375MW, Sustains 5,000MW Trend For 7 Days by limeta(f): 8:43am On Feb 12, 2019
At Las las you still carry yr lie go
Re: Power Reaches 5,375MW, Sustains 5,000MW Trend For 7 Days by bongolistik(m): 8:43am On Feb 12, 2019
theoldpretender:

The reason why we are not at SA's level

1.15000 MW of SA's power comes from NUCLEAR POWER. Nigerians, are scared of nuclear power.

2.In SA, if you don't pay up, you get disconnected. In Nigeria, if you don't pay up, you can pay a bribe, or chase away the local DISCO operator.

Story! And mind you Nuclear is nowhere near South Africa major sources of electricity but contributes only to about 15% to their national grid.

South Africa generates majority of its electricity via coal fired power plants. So Nigerians too are scared of coal huuh? Where are all the coal deposits in Enugu and what do we use them for?

Brazil generates over 90,000MW of electricity via their major source of electricity, which is Hydro... So Nigeria is also scared of water huuh? Please say something else

1 Like

Re: Power Reaches 5,375MW, Sustains 5,000MW Trend For 7 Days by Nobody: 8:47am On Feb 12, 2019
rottennaija:
Slow but steady, we will get there. What PDP could not achieve in 16 years, despite spending more than $16b, PMB has in less than 4 years.

PMB is a must. Next Level
Has that translate to improvement nationwide? During so called PDP I do enjoy 18 hrs power supply but now it is 2hrs daily

1 Like

Re: Power Reaches 5,375MW, Sustains 5,000MW Trend For 7 Days by airsaylongcon: 8:48am On Feb 12, 2019
rusher14:

I don't know who your preferred candidate is, but the economic climate of Nigeria has been a snowball from well before 2015, which many people choose to ignore.

The talk of a Cabal is funny.

It matters not to the public as you never report to any of them.

In every government there is an inner caucus. If that's what people call a Cabal, then it's a misnomer.

Infrastructure leads to greater business.

Enterprise is given greater opportunity when infrastructure meets resourcefulness.

Overlooking all of this over a blip down the road isn't the best.

I'm surprised you mentioned the word Cabal cos I haven't in anyway used it. But since you mentioned it let's explore that a bit. Aisha Buhari, wife of the president has clearly pointed at what you call "inner caucus" been the actual decision makers. My understanding of an inner caucus is that they provide tactical and strategic advice, the final decision is up to the C-in-C. I have no qualms with an inner caucus, as long as they are accessible. Everyone knows that Ivanka Trump and her husband are inner caucus for Trump. They however don't sear in the shadows, they address Americans. Our inner caucus are all shadow men reminiscent of crime bosses of the well known La Cosa Nostra or Ndraghetta.

Also, my dislike for the incumbent is almost personal. In 84, resident docs were on strike my dad was a senior registrar at the time. I would politely ask you to find out what he did to them and their families.

1 Like

Re: Power Reaches 5,375MW, Sustains 5,000MW Trend For 7 Days by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 12, 2019
airsaylongcon:
I'm not pro-APC or it's candidates but I can confirm a noticeable improvement in power supply.

Da one no mean say I no go vote my riri candidate
Your area but no improvement in other places

1 Like

Re: Power Reaches 5,375MW, Sustains 5,000MW Trend For 7 Days by Nobody: 8:50am On Feb 12, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Your transformer is faulty

Or your particular DISCO is messing with you.
It has nothing to do with disco. Many areas are in perpetual darkness
Re: Power Reaches 5,375MW, Sustains 5,000MW Trend For 7 Days by bongolistik(m): 8:51am On Feb 12, 2019
Tetehjewels:

Illiteracy is when you don't know what generation and transmission is and what it entails.

Thanks for your stupidity but I didn't ask for it
Obviously you are the one that don't know what generation and transmission is, and I will not tell you. , so quoting your power minister has made me an illiterate? Clap for yourself cos you just made mockery of yourself..

Mind you I am a chemical engineer and if you want I will use a typical example of chemical processes to breakdown the meaning of transmission and generation of power electricity to your level so you will understand it better and stop thinking that you are the non-illiterate here

Re: Power Reaches 5,375MW, Sustains 5,000MW Trend For 7 Days by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 12, 2019
Tetehjewels:

Read the report and stop talking silly.

We have capacity of 7000mw now ready to be distributed . which means apart from this 5000mw there is another 2000mw waiting to be distributed.

However the distribution is what is being looked at now.

We are gradually but surely coming out of the poo hole the failed PDP left us in for 16 failed years of their rulership
During PDP era I get 18hre electricity but since APC entered it hovers around 2 to 4 hrs daily

1 Like

Re: Power Reaches 5,375MW, Sustains 5,000MW Trend For 7 Days by rusher14: 8:53am On Feb 12, 2019
airsaylongcon:

I'm surprised you mentioned the word Cabal cos I haven't in anyway used it. But since you mentioned it let's explore that a bit. Aisha Buhari, wife of the president has clearly pointed at what you call "inner caucus" been the actual decision makers. My understanding of an inner caucus is that they provide tactical and strategic advice, the final decision is up to the C-in-C. I have no qualms with an inner caucus, as long as they are accessible. Everyone knows that Ivanka Trump and her husband are inner caucus for Trump. They however don't sear in the shadows, they address Americans. Our inner caucus are all shadow men reminiscent of crime bosses of the well known La Cosa Nostra or Ndraghetta.

Also, my dislike for the incumbent is almost personal. In 84, resident docs were on strike my dad was a senior registrar at the time. I would politely ask you to find out what he did to them and their families.

We've taken it back to 1984.

shocked

If that's the case, I assume you never voted him in the first place.

I would reiterate, drivers of economy amongst others, would be infrastructure. There's no denying we've never had it so good with infrastructure.

You are free to choose. Just don't do it to spite your face.
Re: Power Reaches 5,375MW, Sustains 5,000MW Trend For 7 Days by barinedan(m): 8:54am On Feb 12, 2019
The only place we can experience improvement of power in Nigeria is on the pages of newspaper

1 Like

Re: Power Reaches 5,375MW, Sustains 5,000MW Trend For 7 Days by rusher14: 8:54am On Feb 12, 2019
asuustrike1:

During PDP era I get 18hre electricity but since APC entered it hovers around 2 to 4 hrs daily

You can even say you haven't eaten since 2015 and I would believe you.
Re: Power Reaches 5,375MW, Sustains 5,000MW Trend For 7 Days by Iamgrey5(m): 8:55am On Feb 12, 2019
asuustrike1:

It has nothing to do with disco. Many areas are in perpetual darkness
It's disco sir

For instance, when going into EPE from ijebu ode

One will realize that areas controlled by IBDC have sufficient electricity, while areas under the control of IkEDC are basically suffering like the rest of Lagos.
Re: Power Reaches 5,375MW, Sustains 5,000MW Trend For 7 Days by kazmanluv(m): 8:56am On Feb 12, 2019
naijapips04:
So it's no longer 7000mw? APC and lies.

I live in Lagos. I'm lucky if I see light (power) for 8 hours a day. It's so frustrating.

hun......u are not in Lagos. maybe seme border

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Illegal Structures: Oyo Govt Talks Tough, Demolishes 5 Shops, Seals Filling Stat / Akeredolu: Murderous Herdsmen Are Desperately Trying To Overrun Our State / ACP Amabua Mohammed Becomes First Female Police Adviser For MJTF, Chad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.