Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,895 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

My Travel Experience To East Africa - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Travel Experience To East Africa (24657 Views)

I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience / Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience / Roadside Hawkers: My Experience From Lagos To East. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Olalekank(m): 5:23pm On Feb 15, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Hahaha, you cracked my ribs and made me pour hot coffee on my body, Lol at the president doesn't know what Singapore is, chai, you are right though grin
Haha

I know we'd one way or the other be liberated someday!

3 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by BedLam: 5:25pm On Feb 15, 2019
olumig:
You should have maintained your stance and not part with a kobo. Next time ask for the Servicom office or attract attention to your plight, they will easily cower. Its a shame that our ports are beguiled with such unpatriotic fellows.
There's little or no oversight. That's why. Do you see how they sleep on the floor? Have you tried flying in the early hours ?

This is why the airport has to be sold to experienced people in aviation management.

1 Like

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by AngelicBeing: 5:31pm On Feb 15, 2019
Olalekank:

Haha

I know we'd one way or the other be liberated someday!
Hmmmm, for Nigeria to be liberated, politicians from 1979 till 2019 like Obasanjo, Abdusalami, Babangida, Ernest shonekan, Buhari, Jonathan and their deputies, and all those who held political powers from local government officials down to the president should be made to account for their stewardship, flogged, properties, asset/ cash confiscated, they should be sentenced and jailed, anything apart from that, I don't see any liberation but rather the country will continue to go in circles angry

7 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Nobody: 5:41pm On Feb 15, 2019
Following
Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Predstan: 5:48am On Feb 16, 2019
Beatiful thing about Rwanda is that their light is 24/7 and they have pipe borne water running 24/7. No worries about charging. Everyday Light. The only problem i had was the type of two mouth sockets they use. I saw that first in Ethiopia where i had the option to buy an Adaptor at a cost of $10. I ignored and instead cut My laptop charger and plugged in wire directly. Thank God i didnt buy it in Ethiopia because i found it cheaper in Rwanda which cost me only 1000rwf, a little above $1

Thats my Allienware as requested by someone. Its efficient enough to handle your every day to day activities from Coding to Gaming

3 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Predstan: 5:58am On Feb 16, 2019
Good Morning at 9:00am on Saturday, Its just 8:00am in Nigeria. Rwanda is one hour ahead of Nigeria. Someone knocked at my door and it was my Breakfast. Good to see i can eat this very nice food of theirs. Its a Bread made with Cassava and butter, richly prepared milk, Nice looking Cake and a plantain. I conveniently ate this and was satisfied with this... Pictures attached.

2 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Olalekank(m): 6:30am On Feb 16, 2019
Predstan:
Good Morning at 9:00am on Saturday, Its just 8:00am in Nigeria. Rwanda is one hour ahead of Nigeria. Someone knocked at my door and it was my Breakfast. Good to see i can eat this very nice food of theirs. Its a Bread made with Cassava and butter, richly prepared milk, Nice looking Cake and a plantain. I conveniently ate this and was satisfied with this... Pictures attached.

Good one bro. Please how did you get the Rwanda visa, how possibly is it to emigrate there?

I need to leave for a sane country and leave a country where election is actually held on the day of the election.

2 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Predstan: 6:40am On Feb 16, 2019
I want to quickly say this. If you have your money and want to live a peaceful life, Rwanda is one of the place to be. But if you are thinking of coming to rwanda to work and to hustle, then you are on a long thing. Because, first, there are no Jobs here in Rwanda. Its a very poor country and even their citizens are hungry

Secondly, if you manage to get a job, its going to be a contract job. You might be displaced after even 10years or earlier depending if they renew your contract. A Nigerian whom i will be talking about later told me that there is a Nigerian nurse here in Rwanda and has worked as contract staff for over 10years but was never made a full staff and never got any promotion. She has now been relieved of her work. Tell me where do u want her to start again from

14 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Olalekank(m): 6:45am On Feb 16, 2019
Predstan:
I want to quickly say this. If you have your money and want to live a peaceful life, Rwanda is one of the place to be. But if you are thinking of coming to rwanda to work and to hustle, then you are on a long thing. Because, first, there are no Jobs here in Rwanda. Its a very poor country and even their citizens are hungry

Secondly, if you manage to get a job, its going to be a contract job. You might be displaced after even 10years or earlier depending if they renew your contract. A Nigerian whom i will be talking about later told me that there is a Nigerian nurse here in Rwanda and has worked as contract staff for over 10years but was never made a full staff and never got any promotion. She has now been relieved of her work. Tell me where do u want her to start again from
This is really sad!

You got any idea of how tech is in the country for programmers?
Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by cutieme(m): 7:20am On Feb 16, 2019
Predstan how is their women? What's your view about them?
Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by error4040: 7:51am On Feb 16, 2019
Predstan:
Beatiful thing about Rwanda is that their light is 24/7 and they have pipe borne water running 24/7. No worries about charging. Everyday Light. The only problem i had was the type of two mouth sockets they use. I saw that first in Ethiopia where i had the option to buy an Adaptor at a cost of $10. I ignored and instead cut My laptop charger and plugged in wire directly. Thank God i didnt buy it in Ethiopia because i found it cheaper in Rwanda which cost me only 1000rwf, a little above $1

Thats my Allienware as requested by someone. Its efficient enough to handle your every day to day activities from Coding to Gaming

Beast!!!! cool
Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by error4040: 7:58am On Feb 16, 2019
SMH One thing with Nigerians, Someone is trying to Share his Experience to Us then Boooom! some Monkeys have Already Taken Over his Thread Busy sharing Bananas and Arguing Which country is better than Which!!!

Please and Please Allow the Man to share Some thing New for Us Biko!

cc Predstan

11 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by streetwise2015: 9:04am On Feb 16, 2019
Predstan:
Pardon, I may not Write very well but i hope you enjoy my real life Experience Around East African Countries.

After so much deliberation, I decided I will be traveling to East Africa because Dubai is going to be too expensive and i dont think there is anything to see in Dubai. Before i proceed to my epistle, let me list out the East African countries. They are Rwanda, Uganda, Burundi, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Somalia, Madagascar, Kenya and other 12 countries. Am i going to tour the whole of these countries? I wish i could but i cant do that. I am only going to be touring Kigali in Rwanda, Kampala in Uganda, Addis ababa and Nairobi in Kenya.

I paid for my Flight reservation exactly three weeks before my travel date with Ethiopian Airline and I got it cheaper than other Airlines, I believe they are the best in Africa and for the fact that i will have the opportunity to see Ethiopia as well. This is a very good idea.
So its February 7, I was prepared for my flight to Rwanda. I put my gaming laptop(Alienware) and a few clothes in my back pack, my cream and liquid Fair and White bath soap in my Luggage box. Time to go its 9:00am already and my flight will be moving by 1:00pm. Let me include this, as an Engineer and a Technical Site supervisor, i worked from 7am till 10pm a night before my travel date. I think this is the reason i woke up very late the next morning. I have never traveled before so i thought it wont be nice for me to be late for my flight. so i took my bath and was ready to move. I had my Mobile device charged fully and my Laptop full of Potential Energy(P.E). Its time to go, i ordered Uber taxi to pick me up to the airport as i have never been to the international airport before. So nice to see him arrive within 20 minutes with a nice looking Black Corolla Sport. We drove off and arrived at the airport at almost 11:00am.

@Predstan How much did you buy your flight ticket to this 4 countries and what Airline? Thank you
Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Hadampson(m): 10:05am On Feb 16, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Lol, I have been to few East African countries for vacation (Rwanda inclusive) and amongst all of them, l give it to Rwanda, they have been able to put the Genocide behind and the country is making satisfactory progress, Rwanda has 24/7 Power, security is topnotch, corruption is almost non-existent, Rwanda police force is ranked the best in Africa by (WEF) world economics forum.

Rwanda is also a very clean country, you can register a business and get your business registration certificate within 24hours, kidnapping, cultism, ritualism, robbery is almost non-existent, you are safer in Rwanda than lagos, although, the population is about 12million but the President of Rwanda is building institutions across the country and it is just a question of time before Rwanda becomes the coveted bride in Africa cool

Rwanda has the Africa's best judiciary. Africa's 2nd best country to do business and 8th best governed country.

It is the first African country to have a national health drone delivery service. It provides universal healthcare and is set to become a cashless economy by 2022

From Africa facts zone smiley

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Harjeehbaday(m): 10:59am On Feb 16, 2019
streetwise2015:

@Predstan How much did you buy your flight ticket to this 4 countries and what Airline? Thank you

Pls am interested too
Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by DisGuy: 12:35pm On Feb 16, 2019
The only problem i had was the type of two mouth sockets they use. I saw that first in Ethiopia where i had the option to buy an Adaptor at a cost of $10. I ignored and instead cut My laptop charger and plugged in wire directly.

shocked shocked
Engineer seems you didn't prepare well before setting out . Please avoid doing this stuff in other countries- if the authorities find out you might be in trouble

2 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by stormwarrior(m): 5:46pm On Feb 16, 2019
Predstan:

Rwanda having����� 24/7 electricity hmmmmm Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by symbianDON(m): 7:20pm On Feb 16, 2019
Predstan:

things are too costly in Addis Ababa

3 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by SkinnyNigga: 8:30am On Feb 17, 2019
error4040:
SMH One thing with Nigerians, Someone is trying to Share his Experience to Us then Boooom! some Monkeys have Already Taken Over his Thread Busy sharing Bananas and Arguing Which country is better than Which!!!

Please and Please Allow the Man to share Some thing New for Us Biko!

cc Predstan
oga shut up.. it makes the thread lively.. if the op is not complaining. who are you to complain?

1 Like

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Nobody: 9:25am On Feb 17, 2019
symbianDON:

things are too costly in Addis Ababa
I concur
Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by otosa(m): 9:42am On Feb 17, 2019
Let me pack my car here to know what is going on in East Africa
Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Predstan: 10:18am On Feb 17, 2019
I had a connect in Rwanada from a Nairalander whom i had discussed my Aspiration with and he advised the East Africa. The connect is a Lecturer at the University of Lagos sent Offically by Nigerian Goverment to Rwanda. She now lectures at the University of Rwanda. At 10:00am, I set out on a 5hour journey to her residence, Huye, Butare where the University is Located. The transport fare is just 2770rwf. I got a Ticket at Nyambugogo motor park, see attached. One thing about their buses here is that, they move with time even if the bus is not full yet. They are very Time conscious and i love them for that. Nigerians are lovely and caring outside of Nigeria. Ma'am prepared me a Semolina with Egusi soup(Picture attached). She also pack Garri, Groundnut and Sugar so that i can always fall back on whenever i find any food irritating. I would say Thanks so many times because SHE IS A MOTHER. She still paid 2770rwf transport back to Kigali. Ma'am, I would say again, Thank you very much I really appreciate the hospitality. We discussed and Gisted about Nigeria and its wahala compared to Rwanda. Its 5pm and i have to return to my temporary residence in Kigali

5 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by ifyalways(f): 10:34am On Feb 17, 2019
OP, No sightseeing tours undecided
Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by streetwise2015: 10:40am On Feb 17, 2019
Predstan:
I had a connect in Rwanada from a Nairalander whom i had discussed my Aspiration with and he advised the East Africa. The connect is a Lecturer at the University of Lagos sent Offically by Nigerian Goverment to Rwanda. She now lectures at the University of Rwanda. At 10:00am, I set out on a 5hour journey to her residence, Huye, Butare where the University is Located. The transport fare is just 2770rwf. I got a Ticket at Nyambugogo motor park, see attached. One thing about their buses here is that, they move with time even if the bus is not full yet. They are very Time conscious and i love them for that. Nigerians are lovely and caring outside of Nigeria. Ma'am prepared me a Semolina with Egusi soup(Picture attached). She also pack Garri, Groundnut and Sugar so that i can always fall back on whenever i find any food irritating. I would say Thanks so many times because SHE IS A MOTHER. She still paid 2770rwf transport back to Kigali. Ma'am, I would say again, Thank you very much I really appreciate the hospitality. We discussed and Gisted about Nigeria and its wahala compared to Rwanda. Its 5pm and i have to return to my temporary residence in Kigali

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by error4040: 11:07am On Feb 17, 2019
SkinnyNigga:
oga shut up.. it makes the thread lively.. if the op is not complaining. who are you to complain?
LoL here Goes the Nigga who suggested the OP should have Scam that Rwandan, Well I expect Nothing Impressive from You anyway.

SkinnyNigga indeed!

13 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Predstan: 11:10am On Feb 17, 2019
No Sir/Madam

I am not visiting Rwanda Only.
ifyalways:
OP, No sightseeing tours undecided
Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Asquare84(m): 11:18am On Feb 17, 2019
Predstan:
I got my VISA with Baic questions like my profession, why i was in Kigali and schedule within rwanda. Remembered the questions i was asked in Nigeria and i just shake my head for Nigerians. I dont think we can ever move forward. Sincerely, our problem is only 30% from the leaders. The other 70% is from the Citizens. Yes, you and I because our orientation has already been compromised. Back to the real deal, I bounced out of the Airport with my luggage to exchange my Dollar to Rwanda Franc. $1 is 890rwf. I exchanged $100 which is equal to 89,000rwf and thats 36,100 naira according to how i exchanged in Nigeria. Let me qickly say this, I couldnt get BTA in my Bank in Nigeria because they said they needed to see a Visa on my International Passport. I got it exchanged from Aboki for 361 naira to a dollar... See picture of the highest Rwandian denomination(5000rwf) and a 50rwf coin. They also have 100, 200 in coin and their paper currencies are 500, 1000, 2000 and 5000.

I agree with the fact that 70% of our problems is from the citizens

1 Like

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by crestedaguiyi: 11:30am On Feb 17, 2019
This kind op sef. E be like say u be married man and your wife dey nairaland

7 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Predstan: 11:47am On Feb 17, 2019
crestedaguiyi:
This kind op sef. E be like say u be married man and your wife dey nairaland

Lol wetin happen? What do you want to hear
Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by DonroxyII: 12:09pm On Feb 17, 2019
Predstan:

he wan hear ya Rwandan sexdventure with a Rwandan ..... Nairaland niggas Na .... If any anyway, me self wan hear oooo cheesy
Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by klexycole(m): 12:14pm On Feb 17, 2019
Predstan:

I guess he wanted to know about the ladies over there. grin cheesy
Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Predstan: 12:15pm On Feb 17, 2019

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help / I Just Survived A Ghastly Motorcycle Accident. Pictures / Julius Berger Commences Repair Works On MCC, Onitsha Pedestrian Bridge(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.