Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,919 members, 7,814,094 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

My Travel Experience To East Africa - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Travel Experience To East Africa (24692 Views)

I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience / Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience / Roadside Hawkers: My Experience From Lagos To East. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Predstan: 9:15pm On Feb 26, 2019
cutieme:
where is it in Kigali?

Like You are going to the National Museum. Opposite Gtbank

3 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by AngelicBeing: 10:07pm On Feb 26, 2019
Predstan:
For those asking how the ladies look like...

If you want to meet Beautiful ladies. Just dust your shoes and take a bike to Fantastic restaurant. You will surely want to marry one of them. The babes gallant.

See pictures
Lol, I know this restaurant in Rwanda, l ate their thrice I paid 2 thousand Rwanda franc per meal, it is called serve yourself, you basically serve yourself all the menus but I waa particularly about the beef and there was a Rwandanese waitress standing by the beef to make sure that you don't take more than necessary tongue

1 Like

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Predstan: 10:19pm On Feb 26, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Lol, I know this restaurant in Rwanda, l ate their thrice I paid 2 thousand Rwanda franc per meal, it is called serve yourself, you basically serve yourself all the menus but I waa particularly about the beef and there was a Rwandanese waitress standing by the beef to make sure that you don't take more than necessary tongue

Wow..
You got it. The only thing u missed was waiting around till the night when the Buffet resturant turned to a night Club lol... Yes the Buffet us 2000rwf. They stopped me from picking more than one fried chicken.

3 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by AngelicBeing: 10:54pm On Feb 26, 2019
Predstan:

Wow..
You got it. The only thing u missed was waiting around till the night when the Buffet resturant turned to a night Club lol... Yes the Buffet us 2000rwf. They stopped me from picking more than one fried chicken.
Gbam, you are right, I normally go there during the day from 2pm and I waa told that they have a night club at night but since I had other places to go at night, I don't bother to go back there and I chat the waitress standing by the beef / chicken and I sometimes have more than one, I tell her that I can't eat with only one chicken, and with laughter, she allows me to take extra, Rwanda is a place you will enjoy and catch fun if you plan yourself very wellgrin

5 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Predstan: 10:56pm On Feb 26, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Gbam, you are right, I normally go there during the day from 2pm and I waa told that they have a night club at night but since I had other places to go at night, I don't bother to go back there and I chat the waitress standing by the beef / chicken and I sometimes have more than one, I tell her that I can't eat with only one chicken, and with laughter, she allows me to take extra grin

I wasnt allowed to pick more than one so i bone face for them. I went there just once. Kigali has a lot of other places to visit so baba me no send them

4 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by AngelicBeing: 11:02pm On Feb 26, 2019
Predstan:

I wasnt allowed to pick more than one so i bone face for them. I went there just once. Kigali has a lot of other places to visit so baba me no send them
l understand, the first time I went there, the lady standing by the beef / chicken told me that l cant take more than one piece, I told her politely and with Joke that she should look at my Mike Tyson size and that one piece is not enough for me, she now said that, you look big, ok take extra, I took 2 extra pieces and went to eat everything and took one bottle of citrox Fanta drink that looks like lemon drink tongue

2 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by AngelicBeing: 11:14pm On Feb 26, 2019
Predstan:
Its been a Long time. I am back in Nigeria. I had a little problem entering Kenya, i was turned back without any reason but i will discuss it later. I will continue to Update the thread

hours of walking around, i returned to Modern Coast waiting room where i met a Congolese Lady. Beautiful in her 40s, She was using an Iphone. She picked up conversation with me when she saw my Galaxy S9.

Hello, What Samsung is this. She asked
This is Galaxy S9
oh its beautiful. Are you Rwanadan?
No. I am from Nigeria
Wow!!! Let me come sit with you and have some conversation. No problem, I answered
I love Nigeria and I love Nigerians. She said
Oh! Have you been to Nigeria?
No
So then how and why do you love Nigeria
I love their Movies and Music Artist. I love Wizkid, Davido, Tuface, Tiwa Savage and others
Thats Good to know.
Did you come to Rwanda from Nigeria, she asked
Yes i did come directly from Nigeria on a Plane.
Thats going to be expensive, She said
Yes it is.
How old are you and how were you able to afford it.
I told her my age and what i do.
There is Money in Nigeria i know. You dont go to school, she asked
I completed my degree a long time ago
WOW!!! She exclaimed. You must be very Intelligent. A man of your age in Congo and in Rwanda dont think about going to school.
Is that true? Thats so Bad. What is your name and where have you been to.
My name is Sonia and i am from Congo. I am going to Nairobi for business. I have been to Dubai so many times to get jweries to resell in Congo.
Thats nice. I said.
I have two children, one is 18 and the other one is 16. Would you like to marry my daughter?
Oh no. Shes too young and i am not ready to get married even soon.
Ok, Would you be coming to Nairobi after Kampala? She asked
Yes i will be spending two days in Kampala before coming to Nairobi.
I want to give you my number so that you can chat me up on whatsapp when you get to Nairobi
Okay, No problem.
I saved her number on my phone, not sure i will contact her when i get to niarobi though.
This looks like nyamagugo bus station were you take vehicles from Rwanda to Uganda / Kenya, my next visit to Rwanda, l plan to visit Uganda / Kenya / Tanzania / Congo Drc and Burundi, life is boring without fun tongue

3 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by claremont(m): 11:15pm On Feb 26, 2019
Predstan:
Its been a Long time. I am back in Nigeria. I had a little problem entering Kenya, i was turned back without any reason but i will discuss it later. I will continue to Update the thread

I'm interested in this story.

2 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Predstan: 11:16pm On Feb 26, 2019
AngelicBeing:
This looks like nyamagugo bus station were you take vehicles from Rwanda to Uganda / Kenya, my next visit to Rwanda, l plan to visit Uganda / Kenya / Tanzania / Congo Drc and Burundi, life is boring without fun tongue

Bururndi and Congo are still fighting Ebola. I advise you not to try that lane. Tanzania and kenya plus uganda and Rwanda might be the best

2 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by AngelicBeing: 11:20pm On Feb 26, 2019
Predstan:

Bururndi and Congo are still fighting Ebola. I advise you not to try that lane. Tanzania and kenya plus uganda and Rwanda might be the best

Lol, I will avoid Burundi and Congo then, but I am curious to ask, why did Kenya border officials refused you entry shocked
Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Predstan: 11:25pm On Feb 26, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Lol, I will avoid Burundi and Congo then, but I am curious to ask, why did Kenya border officials refused you entry shocked

No reason whatsover. But i heard from their Swahili language that they dont allow Nigerians to pass through their boarder. I have to fly into their international airport

5 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by AngelicBeing: 11:33pm On Feb 26, 2019
Predstan:

No reason whatsover. But i heard from their Swahili language that they dont allow Nigerians to pass through their boarder. I have to fly into their international airport
Very unfortunate, well, due to what some fraudsters aka yahoo fast fingers boys have caused in Kenya.l am not really surprised, I heard that even at the point of entry via flight, they sometimes refuse Nigerian passport holders.

I think you should get the East African tourist visa when next you plan to visit Uganda / Kenya / Rwanda, EAV cost 100 dollars and it can be obtained from Rwanda airport on arrival if coming with a Nigerian passport but if you are a dual citizen or holding another foreign passport, you will not have much problem on arrival in either Rwanda / Uganda, Kenya and almost all East African countries because it is visa on arrival and they respect holders of foreign passport compared to those arriving with African passport cool

4 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by AngelicBeing: 11:43pm On Feb 26, 2019
DonroxyII:
I think this woman is trying to accomplish something with a hot/rich Nigerian ..... grin .... She has Nigerian fetish for foursome tongue
Lol, East African women like Nigerian men, they say that Nigerian men knows how to take care of women and that Nigeria men have big sim card and know how to use the simcard very well and that they are also good during activities in the other room, don't ask me the meaning of sim card and other room, ask the Op or Buhari tongue

9 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Predstan: 8:02am On Feb 27, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Very unfortunate, well, due to what some fraudsters aka yahoo fast fingers boys have caused in Kenya.l am not really surprised, I heard that even at the point of entry via flight, they sometimes refuse Nigerian passport holders.

I think you should get the East African tourist visa when next you plan to visit Uganda / Kenya / Rwanda, EAV cost 100 dollars and it can be obtained from Rwanda airport on arrival if coming with a Nigerian passport but if you are a dual citizen or holding another foreign passport, you will not have much problem on arrival in either Rwanda / Uganda, Kenya and almost all East African countries because it is visa on arrival and they respect holders of foreign passport compared to those arriving with African passport cool

Thats the Visa i hold. Thats what i use to enter Rwanda and uganda but was denied enry into Kenya

4 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by dabocity(m): 8:19am On Feb 27, 2019
Predstan:

I do not have access to my email right now... I am actually still in rwanda and until i am back in Nigeria probably before the weekend. I will chat you up now though

Still waiting for your chat @predstan. You can send me a msg n will call you back... Also update your thread. It's getting boring.
Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by DonroxyII: 12:33pm On Feb 27, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Lol, East African women like Nigerian men, they say that Nigerian men knows how to take care of women and that Nigeria men have big sim card and know how to use the simcard very well and that they are also good during activities in the other room, don't ask me the meaning of sim card and other room, ask the Op or Buhari tongue
The phone of east African women must be very smart to be receiving Nigerian Men's SimCard....

Please which Nigerian SimCard do East Africa love most, is it Mini, Micro or Mega. ...

Please do they also have quality phones and sweet ringtones in za oza room tongue
East Africa be prepared to have my SimCard ooo grin

1 Like

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Smartlife(m): 3:07pm On Feb 27, 2019
Predstan:

Its Rwanda. I never start Uganda's story

On what ground where you turned back in kenya
Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Predstan: 10:30pm On Feb 27, 2019
time to board the Vehicle, my seat number was 32, window seat where i can see what it looks like. Pictures attached. Its 11am, we got to Gatuna/Kutana. Its the boarder of Rwanda and Uganda. I joined the queue to get my passport stamped for exit. After exiting Rwanda, we also joined the queue for Entry Stamp into Uganda. Few quesions: Why are you in uganda, how many days are you going to spend here in Uganda. I answered all and i got my passport stamped. You might wonder why its a stamp and not VISA. The Visa I got from Rwnada covers Kenya and Uganda. So i will only get stamped in and out of the three countries. See some beautiful pictures of my journey from Rwanda to Uganda.
There was this beautiful lady i was eyeing inside that bus and i tried to create a friendly conversation with her but madam no ft speak english nor understands English. I was very angry and had to just stopped the coversation. Did i tell you that the bus was not full before we moved. They are very time conscious, they dont wait for complete passengers before they move. Come to Ojodu berger in my country or Iyana Ipaja, Brother you go wait tire for one person to complete the Bus ni oooo

2 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Trenton: 11:40pm On Feb 27, 2019
DonroxyII:
The phone of east African women must be very smart to be receiving Nigerian Men's SimCard....

Please which Nigerian SimCard do East Africa love most, is it Mini, Micro or Mega. ...

Please do they also have quality phones and sweet ringtones in za oza room tongue
East Africa be prepared to have my SimCard ooo grin

����
Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by komia: 1:31am On Feb 28, 2019
Smartlife:

On what ground where you turned back in kenya

Nigerians reputation has been ruined for obvious reasons by their brothers residing in Kenya

1 Like

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by noona(f): 10:03am On Feb 28, 2019
Wooooow!!! Really enjoyed reading this, if a Nigerian should travel out of this shithole, you'll literally cry for the state and rot in which our country has degraded to,sometimes I regret being a Nigerian..

6 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Yupng: 3:32pm On Feb 28, 2019
So op you went to Rwanda and these are the pictures you could share with us. Who would want to go to Rwanda after seeing this slum looking pictures.

It seems you went to stay in their township areas. Very boring and uninteresting thread.

3 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 28, 2019
Yupng:
So op you went to Rwanda and these are the pictures you could share with us. Who would want to go to Rwanda after seeing this slum looking pictures.

It seems you went to stay in their township areas. Very boring and uninteresting thread.

Nobody forced you to view and/or comment.

10 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Obatise: 4:10pm On Feb 28, 2019
Yupng:

When you step out of Nigeria, you can document your journey too then we can compare

3 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Eldemmi(m): 7:47pm On Feb 28, 2019
baba please continue i de gbadun you. God bless you for sharing experience...
Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 28, 2019
claremont:

This is disgusting, and what makes it worse is that you are being treated like this by your own people.

You will love Kenya. I spend my holidays over there. You will get a visa on arrival at JKIA with no issues whatsoever, no touts/area boys to be seen at the airport. Try the local barbecue when you get there, it's called Nyama choma. It's basically barbecue goat meat without the skin. Wash it down with a few bottles of Tusker lager beer. Go to wherever you are lodged for the night and be rest assured that you will find steady power and water supply, fast broadband etc. In the middle of Nairobi itself, there is a national park where you can go on a safari and view wild animals in their natural habitat.

There is corruption in Kenya, but it's a country where the basic amenities work as they should.

P.S: If you are male, my advice is to avoid Kenyan women. They know how to make a Nigerian man fall in love easily and forget Nigerian women. grin

Hey big bro, i would love to visit Kenya before the end of the 2nd quarter of the year. How much does it require for a week vacay as i have never travel out of Nigeria ?
Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Tonysmith4sure(m): 9:18pm On Feb 28, 2019
Nice thread if you ask me. Am enjoying the whole story. OP am still waiting for your experience in Uganda coz am particularly interested in that country

1 Like

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by PhilipGallagher(m): 9:25pm On Feb 28, 2019
Yupng:

Because that's how Rwanda is. Most of these countries are quite poor, although they are emerging and trying to open up their country for business and development

3 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Yupng: 12:23pm On Mar 01, 2019
That is not exactly true. Rwanda is more cleaner, organise and develop than most african countries.

Ops probably went to stay in some cheap. Neighbourhood to save cost i guess.

PhilipGallagher:

Because that's how Rwanda is. Most of these countries are quite poor, although they are emerging and trying to open up their country for business and development
Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Nameflow(m): 2:41am On Mar 02, 2019
muyiwaadekunle1:

Hey big bro, i would love to visit Kenya before the end of the 2nd quarter of the year. How much does it require for a week vacay as i have never travel out of Nigeria ?
I second this question
Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by chibliss212: 4:09pm On Mar 02, 2019
I'm waiting 4 update
Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Danirose007(m): 6:22am On Mar 03, 2019
cutieme:
where is it in Kigali?
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Pains, The Agony Of Ayobo Road Users In Lagos (Photos) / Lekki Port Has Received 4 Commercial Vessels So Far / Another Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Due To Construction Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.