Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? (33747 Views)

As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? / 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? / Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by Gabriel004: 10:58pm On Feb 15, 2019
rentAcock:

Oh you will have to consult with these guys who do it full time. They are gurus and I had to pay them. Seriously browse through nairaland, there are a ton of them.
Like how much do think they can do it
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by Dollabiz: 10:59pm On Feb 15, 2019
get out and vote them out that is your job for now.their is no hope in the country
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by czarina(f): 11:02pm On Feb 15, 2019
ThatIgboBoy:

hook up babe

sorry I don't have a sister
walahi I just couldn't ignore your stupidity....you mean sisters are the only females in your family? Mbok, think again, you know at least one female in your family.

Hook up babe abi? No wahala if na so all the females in your life dey do then I'd gladly accept that tag. I mean All the females. And please don't look too far darling.

Bye, you're permanently ignored. kiss

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by Chidonc(m): 11:06pm On Feb 15, 2019
Hasheem1hash:
Oh God, plz someone should come to my aid. will be passing out 14th of next month, I currently save 300000 three hundred thousand Naira at the course of NYSC. my major challenge is that I totally have no idea with how to invest, good business that can make better profit. I'm sceptical. plz business oriented lads should help!
where are you located, let's see how things would be like.
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by NWABUKA007(m): 11:14pm On Feb 15, 2019
czarina:
Honestly, it has been beautiful!

From freelance writing and rendering Virtual assistance to Massage Therapy. And it's all thanks to God, Nairaland and every single person I met through Nairaland.

I go testify one day sha, God willing.

check my profile if you live in Jos smiley

hi sis.

please could you guide me as regards this freelance stuff and virtual assistance stuff

thanks in advance
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by czarina(f): 11:18pm On Feb 15, 2019
NWABUKA007:

hi sis.

please could you guide me as regards this freelance stuff and virtual assistance stuff

thanks in advance
I wish I could, but honestly, I no get time like that. For now, frequent the business section, learnt many things there, met many people who helped me. Just start by visiting the section first.
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by NWABUKA007(m): 11:19pm On Feb 15, 2019
rentAcock:
After NYSC I couldn't get a job right away and I was depressed and suicidal. I once overdosed on aspirin only to be resuscitated at the hospital. I thought about suing the hospital for bringing me back to life against my will and wishes but my lawyer advised me to let go since the case will be tossed out anyway. I decided to use my second chance to make the most of myself and one day give a testimony. I searched nairaland for jobs and applied to many, I eventually got a job at Jumia Travels where I helped with hotel reservations. They paid me 80k a month, not bad. Just 3 months into the job, my female manager and colleagues were hitting on me. They would drool over me and flirt with me. I didn't mind it until my manger who's a married woman with 2 kids invited me over to her house. I refused and she set me up. I ended up losing my job.

I later got another job at a travel agency, helped with flight reservations. Pay was 85k a month. Needless to say that my female co-workers were crushing on me, the other guys were jealous and it resulted in a serious physical altercation between me and another male co-worker. We were both let go.

I scoured nairaland and came across an online freelancer who taught me graphic design and article proofreading, I started earning dollars from fiverr, upwork and many freelancing sites. Money wasn't bad, I was averaging $200 a week. I thought I had made it in life. I worked at my own schedule.

But later I felt like the money wasn't enough, I wanted to buy a new car and a new apartment. I met another friend of mine, Charles, who was a model. Dude was fit with deltoid, pectoralis and back muscles popping. He told me he works out 5 days a week and makes 2 million naira a month. I was shocked. It turned out that Charles was a gigolo, he serviced rich women as well as models on the side. I was jealous, I mean I'm better looking than this guy and women are obsessed with me so why wasn't I using these attributes to my own advantage? I started working out, started rentacock.com, did some grassroot advertising and with word-of-mouth I started getting clients. I ended up making1.5 mil in my first month, and today I easily pull 10 times that.

Moral of the story, stop staying home languishing away and begging for jobs, look around you and provide a service people need. Good luck.

Good evening sir,
I'm very much interested in the online graphic design and article proofreading.

please could you guide me.
thanks in advance
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by NWABUKA007(m): 11:21pm On Feb 15, 2019
czarina:
I wish I could, but honestly, I no get time like that. For now, frequent the business section, learnt many things there, met many people who helped me. Just start by visiting the section first.
thank you very much

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by ThatIgboBoy: 11:36pm On Feb 15, 2019
czarina:
walahi I just couldn't ignore your stupidity....you mean sisters are the only females in your family? Mbok, think again, you know at least one female in your family.

Hook up babe abi? No wahala if na so all the females in your life dey do then I'd gladly accept that tag. I mean All the females. And please don't look too far darling.

Bye, you're permanently ignored. kiss
hook up babe
ur still making noise.
none of my cousins are in your ignoble trade of hook ups using massage as a cover up.
how much do u charge for happy endings?
I for lash u if I dey jos
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by yomi007k(m): 12:07am On Feb 16, 2019
kristen12:
I finished service since April 2017. It hasn't been funny one bit.
I battle depression almost everytime, I've contemplated suicide. Sometimes, I wish I don't wake up from sleep. It has been crazy.

It's almost 2years and I've not gotten a job.

I do dropshipping, buying and selling but business hasn't been moving fine. I can count the number of what I've sold since I started.

I even got scammed of my small money this week.

My mum has been really helping but I'm becoming a burden and it's obvious.
Some people around me help sometimes too but not without a price.

I pray God helps me.

May God help us all. Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by PROFTOSIN68: 12:08am On Feb 16, 2019
I really learnt a lot...life isn't easy..... though,am a fresh economics graduate with good grade.... i will be very happy to see people update me with meaningful information
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by Heineken(m): 12:12am On Feb 16, 2019
don4real18:

Borrow one, take a shot of nature, a building, an animal and a person then upload it and mention me. Please, it must be one that you took yourself
OK bro I'll do that. Thanks a lot
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by PROFTOSIN68: 12:20am On Feb 16, 2019
Please I will be very grateful I can see a volunteer to teach graphics and web design
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by mhiztee15(f): 12:27am On Feb 16, 2019
Hmmmm what a life ! After struggling through University to find work again is problem angry angry angry angry angry...

Still schooling though but what am seeing around is not encouraging seriously

It's well sha God will make way for us all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by flimsy2(m): 3:36am On Feb 16, 2019
fastseo:
I finished service since 2017 am already into web stuff like a blogger, although and I have learnt how to make sites appear on search engines and also draw traffic.
I have not bothered sending one CV ever since I just don't want the headech or don't know how to lol. Mind you I have job directory page grin but no job funny.
i know nothing comes easy but prefer a shop where I could sell things rather than hustling for 100k job.

Although blogging has it ups and down but there are times it pays super and there are times it does little be it as it may its sustainable like there are times or months making 600k there are months makes 200 to 100k, it all depends.

Please note : blogging is not easy, an average blog takes 4 to 5 months to bring anything tangible. And you must have a clear path as in good content that should not be plagiarism like you going over pages to copy and paste... I mean real information resource page.

Edited
Pix attached

Everyone must not be a Lindaikeji but I could still be me in my small corner and still not beg grin.

Note the term blogging is not all about talking about gossip you could talk about products like skincare, phones, fashion, creams, bags, anything or services like how to do this, make videos just anything. Then you stick with that niche. You can talk about comedy like little Emmanuella they got millions of page views on YouTube... Let me tell you they are raking millions... Honestly millions monthly.

You don't need to contact anyone because there are thousands and millions of resources online to make it big in blogging, there are videos on YouTube. Once you have the patient and a good writer fire on
.. bros I just dey follow you for back.. I need to earn online.. help me
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by UrVillagePpl: 4:03am On Feb 16, 2019
zinaunreal:

With 300k? That money will sink in shop rent alone coz to get location matters and a good location means expensive rent

ohhh didn't figure that out...

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by paleke(m): 4:22am On Feb 16, 2019
Its just a matter of creating values.

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by Hasheem1hash(m): 4:34am On Feb 16, 2019
Chidonc:

where are you located, let's see how things would be like.
Nasarawa state
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by benjaminlawson(m): 5:05am On Feb 16, 2019
NYSC REGISTRATION BEGINS REGISTER AT BBC CYBER CAFE BESIDE SUG HALL FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC DAMATURU YOBE STATE

Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by wintersnow(m): 5:46am On Feb 16, 2019
I swear it hasn't been easy. Passed out last year... And from my observation, teaching job is the only available job in the country, I've taught in almost 6 schools since I finished service... Right now am into graphics designing, I can boost of 10- 15 k weekly.. Although I still geography in a secondary school.. So roughly every month I earn roughly 50 to 60...
I swear it wasn't easy at first... But my advice for any undergraduate and graduate, equip yourself with a skill..
God bless y'all

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by Nobody: 7:19am On Feb 16, 2019
Roon9:

Lols why not learn a skill sir. The way Nigeria is going education is just to fulfill righteousness

I think I will think of something after the election grin
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by kasim155: 7:23am On Feb 16, 2019
Not been easy oooooo, just managing with a private school for na where d pay is far less than a $100 a month.
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by Nobody: 7:29am On Feb 16, 2019
rentAcock:
After NYSC I couldn't get a job right away and I was depressed and suicidal. I once overdosed on aspirin only to be resuscitated at the hospital. I thought about suing the hospital for bringing me back to life against my will and wishes but my lawyer advised me to let go since the case will be tossed out anyway. I decided to use my second chance to make the most of myself and one day give a testimony. I searched nairaland for jobs and applied to many, I eventually got a job at Jumia Travels where I helped with hotel reservations. They paid me 80k a month, not bad. Just 3 months into the job, my female manager and colleagues were hitting on me. They would drool over me and flirt with me. I didn't mind it until my manger who's a married woman with 2 kids invited me over to her house. I refused and she set me up. I ended up losing my job.

I later got another job at a travel agency, helped with flight reservations. Pay was 85k a month. Needless to say that my female co-workers were crushing on me, the other guys were jealous and it resulted in a serious physical altercation between me and another male co-worker. We were both let go.

I scoured nairaland and came across an online freelancer who taught me graphic design and article proofreading, I started earning dollars from fiverr, upwork and many freelancing sites. Money wasn't bad, I was averaging $200 a week. I thought I had made it in life. I worked at my own schedule.

But later I felt like the money wasn't enough, I wanted to buy a new car and a new apartment. I met another friend of mine, Charles, who was a model. Dude was fit with deltoid, pectoralis and back muscles popping. He told me he works out 5 days a week and makes 2 million naira a month. I was shocked. It turned out that Charles was a gigolo, he serviced rich women as well as models on the side. I was jealous, I mean I'm better looking than this guy and women are obsessed with me so why wasn't I using these attributes to my own advantage? I started working out, started rentacock.com, did some grassroot advertising and with word-of-mouth I started getting clients. I ended up making1.5 mil in my first month, and today I easily pull 10 times that.

Moral of the story, stop staying home languishing away and begging for jobs, look around you and provide a service people need. Good luck.

And you think that's a good career?
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by MelaninGold(f): 7:33am On Feb 16, 2019
Heineken:
Not easy at all.. I pity myself seriously. Served 2015 till now no joy whatsoever. Hardly eat well. To even barb hair na issue. Am just tired.
just hold on to faith...God has a plan for you. Work hard...nothing good comes easy.

2 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by Boriqua(m): 7:59am On Feb 16, 2019
Passion2009:

Very interesting. My writing skill is quite impressive. Please,how can I get links(network) to work as a freelance writer?

Thank you.

How good are you in writing? Do you have any way to present your writing skills ? Send copies to solidruns22 @gmail.com
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by Dollarboss93: 8:13am On Feb 16, 2019
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by Galapagous(m): 8:38am On Feb 16, 2019
wintersnow:
I swear it hasn't been easy. Passed out last year... And from my observation, teaching job is the only available job in the country, I've taught in almost 6 schools since I finished service... Right now am into graphics designing, I can boost of 10- 15 k weekly.. Although I still geography in a secondary school.. So roughly every month I earn roughly 50 to 60...
I swear it wasn't easy at first... But my advice for any undergraduate and graduate, equip yourself with a skill..
God bless y'all
Pls which software(s) do you use for your designs? Plus book, inspirations and anything that keep you firing in the graphic world.
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by Talk2Bella(f): 8:43am On Feb 16, 2019
PROFTOSIN68:
I really learnt a lot...life isn't easy..... though,am a fresh economics graduate with good grade.... i will be very happy to see people update me with meaningful information

Follow HR personnel on Linkedln
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by stevepee42(m): 8:45am On Feb 16, 2019
OkaNaUbe:
With all sense of humility do I say that I planned my graduation. I told myself never to graduate and go home and start looking for jobs.

I started using my computer skills (In those days, we went to computer school to learn MS Office Suite, CorelDraw etc) and I did private home computer tutor from 200L. I also did tutorials for "Pre Degree" students and raised money to buy a car for taxi in my final year.

Everyday, I used to get N2500 from my drivers (most of them de f-up) and with time, they don't give me complete returns and I occasionally drive in the evenings and still get N2000- 11000(yes, some days are good) from 5pm -11pm.
After all these, I still got a 2:1 wink

The taxi business kept me going through my NYSC days (during which I bought another cleaner car after selling the first one) and it was my first job from Final year to two years after graduation. Whenever we went for CDS or to my PPA, ladies liked me to drop them off with my clean car with A/C but I told them my story and most was endeared to me.
I later became an entrepreneur till date.

I can do any legit stuff to make side incomes too.

I never went home from university. I was self employed before I finished and now a role model to my younger ones.

Let me give undergraduates a little tip of how to prepare for life from University. It is no more news that school may not teach you how to make money. Try from year 1 to:
1. Dress modestly, don't go for fashion and trendy gadgets but have the necessities you need
and don't womanise (most have or will marry already working guys)

2. Keep friends who are working to excel in school and those who have businesses ideas (I am not talking of yahoo or betting).
3. If your parents gives you good pocket money or you can lie that you buy "thermometer" all the time just to have money, save more but don't suffer your life.
4. GET AS MANY SCHOLARSHIPS as you can get (I didn't enjoy this but my close friend did but wasted the money). Agbami pays Engineering and Science undergraduates N350k while Medical Students get N450k yearly. Shell pays N100k , Shevron etc. It is not a must that you will get it but try. Again, these companies select people from oil producing areas then National merit. With good guidance from a scholarship agent like (google GMASS Port Harcourt), you stand a good chance.

My friend raked a minimum of N1.5m (Agbami paid him N350k and shell paid him N100k multiplied by four yrs - do the maths)

Swallow your pride. I know a school mate who goes to far away places to buy garri, etc and supply to market women at a good profit. That man later had two campus shuttles. You can open a video game shop/bet shop (don't play bet o) etc. Think of a need and fill it.

Finally, I always tell undergraduates (boys mostly cos man life no easy) to save at least N250,000 before graduation and equally have a good business (no matter how small) you can do after school.

If your papa na Dangote or Ote$, you MAY ignore this but even at that, don't rely on family wealth.

First Nairalander i choose to follow...... #bravo
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by UndauntedYOCA(f): 8:54am On Feb 16, 2019
well it hasn't been easy, I should have been done with school but will be done this April by God's grace but I'd like to share my experience, dad died many years ago, things went sour. I finally gained admission, family members render the little help they can, I started selling clothes, oil and doing part-time job from 300 Level, last year I was able to save about 100k, I have saved money in advance for my NYSC so I can save the monthly allawee for a year, ill also look for a business i can do while i am there, by the time I'll be done with service I should have saved nothing less than 300k,. I intend going into business with that money, the little farming I can do with it, I am a furniture making apprentice already, I might take a side job to fall back on, save up and invest in agriculture and real estate. it hasn't been easy and isn't always going to be easy but this girl typing this must make it, I no fit dey jobless, do runs or steal and I know with God, hard work, perseverance, a good saving mindset things will be well. I can't even deal with poverty, had enough of it. Don't wait for the government, work on yourself, get a skill, a side job, save up, invest and believe God for the best!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by UndauntedYOCA(f): 8:57am On Feb 16, 2019
well it hasn't been easy, I should have been done with school but will be done this April by God's grace but I'd like to share my experience, dad died many years ago, things went sour. I finally gained admission, family members render the little help they can, I started selling clothes, oil and doing part-time job from 300 Level, last year I was able to save about 100k, I have saved money in advance for my NYSC so I can save the monthly allawee for a year, ill also look for a business i can do while i am there, by the time I'll be done with service I should have saved nothing less than 300k,. I intend going into business with that money, the little farming I can do with it, I am a furniture making apprentice already, I might take a side job to fall back on, save up and invest in agriculture and real estate. it hasn't been easy and isn't always going to be easy but this girl typing this must make it, I no fit dey jobless, do runs or steal and I know with God, hard work, perseverance, a good saving mindset things will be well. I can't even deal with poverty, had enough of it. Don't wait for the government, work on yourself, get a skill, a side job, save up, invest and believe God for the best!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Linda Ikeji's Blog Is Recruiting / What Profitable Business Can Someone Start With 100k? / Most Kinds Of People In Nairaland's Jobs/vacancies Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.