Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,822 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? (33761 Views)

As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? / 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? / Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by Wjames440(m): 9:07am On Feb 16, 2019
I graduated in 2016 and I served in 2017/2018. Immediately I got out of service, I went searching for salary jobs but I no see any. There was a day I trekked from Allen roundabout (ikeja) to ShopRite submitting CV (and I dey wear suit that day oo for inside hot sun, rain self beat me that day). I had an opportunity to be a car dealer cos it's a family biz and my dad owns a lot but that salary job was on my mind cos I felt been an entrepreneur wouldn't fetch me money every day and sometimes biz can be very funny. One of my dad's friend invited me to work under him at a car dealership company. Ever since then, God has been faithful. Sometimes, biz tends to be slow but anytime it picks, you tend to gain more than you lose. Although I still go out to search for salary jobs just to support my hustle but I'm not in a rush, I do sort out the good ones from the bad ones. It's never too late to take a step. Start off with something then you can make good decisions on your own. Company's aren't really paying well lately except the I.T guys and everything for Naija, na "man know man".

3 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by Heineken(m): 9:50am On Feb 16, 2019
MelaninGold:
just hold on to faith...God has a plan for you. Work hard...nothing good comes easy.
thanks so much madam. God bless you
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by vickthorious(m): 10:26am On Feb 16, 2019
Heineken:
Not easy at all.. I pity myself seriously. Served 2015 till now no joy whatsoever. Hardly eat well. To even barb hair na issue. Am just tired.
bros start to do small thing oo no dey house if na to learn trade or skills
learn shoe n bag making or fashion designing or get small small jobs dey save ur safe some embarrassment. .u can start doing laundry business with zero funds use your iron at home do everything at home till u get money collect shop ...start small grow big bros .... u na man discover ya hustle spirit oooooh no time ...my one cents

4 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by Diatec: 11:02am On Feb 16, 2019
don4real18:

Buhari Must Comot... He pays 30k to people who will try to influence ppl on social media to vote for him. Dubai strategy- Target the hungry to lead your campaign
Thanks Bro
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by Jenycool(f): 12:13pm On Feb 16, 2019
concluded my nysc in 2016 october, spent a whole year looking for job without success, i thank God i didn't commit suicide cos i was really depressed in January 2018, i got a teaching job in a private firm though pay is poor 25k per month but its better than non. Dear job seekers just manage the little jobs around while you wait your dream job. Being idle doesnt help matters cos with time you may get too use to it.

2 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by Majlaw(m): 12:41pm On Feb 16, 2019
Talk2Bella:

Linkedln is your best bet smiley
Alright.. Go check my profile and tell me wat I need to do.
Link to my LinkedIn... https://www.linkedin.com/in/lawal-majeed-46260a107
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by ttmax09(m): 2:07pm On Feb 16, 2019
mozel247:

I just checked ur profile to see if I could mentor u. I discover u had 250k in 2017 when u rounded ur nysc. We are in 2019 and u r still about to round up.
Hahaha dear lord.

Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by ttmax09(m): 2:09pm On Feb 16, 2019
okeysly:
I engage myself with Some HYIP schemes and been earning massively from them

In fact right now after service am worth over 300k in NGN naira
Pls run away from that thing while u can with the little u have been able to gather. Stay away ooo
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by ttmax09(m): 2:21pm On Feb 16, 2019
ThatIgboBoy:

hook up babe
ur still making noise.
none of my cousins are in your ignoble trade of hook ups using massage as a cover up.
how much do u charge for happy endings?
I for lash u if I dey jos
Abeg free her na.. Haba
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by ttmax09(m): 2:29pm On Feb 16, 2019
UndauntedYOCA:
well it hasn't been easy, I should have been done with school but will be done this April by God's grace but I'd like to share my experience, dad died many years ago, things went sour. I finally gained admission, family members render the little help they can, I started selling clothes, oil and doing part-time job from 300 Level, last year I was able to save about 100k, I have saved money in advance for my NYSC so I can save the monthly allawee for a year, ill also look for a business i can do while i am there, by the time I'll be done with service I should have saved nothing less than 300k,. I intend going into business with that money, the little farming I can do with it, I am a furniture making apprentice already, I might take a side job to fall back on, save up and invest in agriculture and real estate. it hasn't been easy and isn't always going to be easy but this girl typing this must make it, [b]I no fit dey jobless, do runs or steal and I know with God, hard work, perseverance, a good saving mindset things will be wel[/b]l. I can't even deal with poverty, had enough of it. Don't wait for the government, work on yourself, get a skill, a side job, save up, invest and believe God for the best!!!
God bless u
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by peteruuu(m): 2:35pm On Feb 16, 2019
Heineken:
Not easy at all.. I pity myself seriously. Served 2015 till now no joy whatsoever. Hardly eat well. To even barb hair na issue. Am just tired.

What's your qualification bro?
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by peteruuu(m): 2:56pm On Feb 16, 2019
Heineken:
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by okeysly(m): 3:27pm On Feb 16, 2019
ttmax09:
Pls run away from that thing while u can with the little u have been able to gather. Stay away ooo
Invest with sense.. After your first invest continue with the profit...enough gain dey dia.. Its better than knotting suit and tie worshipping someone whom cannot pay 80k per month

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by Heineken(m): 3:31pm On Feb 16, 2019
peteruuu:
Afternoon bro. B.A mass communication
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by Elliot2(m): 4:01pm On Feb 16, 2019
It has not been easy since I graduated three years ago. All though I had the opportunity to travel to Australia in my 200levels but I wasted it,when in my naivety I said I was going to continue and get my certificate since I had wasted a year already and paid school fees for d second year. As at then,my bro saw reasons with me and promised to send me to either south Africa or Canada when I was done. funny thing is my cousin sis even graduated before me as she jumped on the opportunity and now she is doing great in Australia. But ever since I graduated,my bro has been cold towards me. so, I have got to move on. But I must say I wasn't prepared for this harsh Nigerian labour market as my mind was fixed on his promise of going abroad. I am damn depressed here: I also lost out in the last interview that was done to recruit civil servants in Bayelsa State even though I got an impressive score (93) at the first trials. Now,here I am, a bittered soul looking for every and any thread to curse Buhari for his ineptitude, and also the PDP for their idiocy. Only God will punish all Nigerian leaders for failing me! However, on a positive note, I am waiting for works to fully start at NLNG for phase3,am sure of getting employed. Meantime,I am in a mission to find the cure for HIV and AIDS and some common health issues using natural plants and DIY methods. E.g those suffering from stomach ulcers should use red and yellow capsules like twenty,mix it with a milk tin sized bitter leaf water and thereafter drink two spoons full twice a day. Continue for two weeks.

2 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by peteruuu(m): 4:07pm On Feb 16, 2019
Heineken:
Afternoon bro. B.A mass communication

Oh, wish I could help...I've posted the vacancies needed here & it seems not to correspond with your qualifications.

God's blessing be upon you bro.
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by Heineken(m): 4:40pm On Feb 16, 2019
peteruuu:

Oh, wish I could help...I've posted the vacancies needed here & it seems not to correspond with your qualifications.

thanks so much bro

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by hausadreturn(m): 6:58pm On Feb 16, 2019
Finished service October. No job yet.
With the little I got from service, I decided not to return back so I was able to rent a small single room to stay and focus on job search. Still hopeful.

On a lighter note, I just cannot understand why I can't do business. Perhaps no one in my ancestry line ever did it. Or perhaps those I lived with weren't business inclined. It just pisses me off that I cannot think of a little start up in terms of business to do. Nothing even rings in my head when it comes to business. Yet, I admire the lots of people I see doing it.

It means I've got to keep searching till I find.
I've applied for teaching jobs too. Hopefully, something good will pull through.
It's not easy. Na the money wey I save during service I take dey sustain.
Still searching and still hopeful.

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by HopeAlive16(f): 8:03pm On Feb 16, 2019
hausadreturn:
Finished service October. No job yet.
With the little I got from service, I decided not to return back so I was able to rent a small single room to stay and focus on job search. Still hopeful.

On a lighter note, I just cannot understand why I can't do business. Perhaps no one in my ancestry line ever did it. Or perhaps those I lived with weren't business inclined. It just pisses me off that I cannot think of a little start up in terms of business to do. Nothing even rings in my head when it comes to business. Yet, I admire the lots of people I see doing it.

It means I've got to keep searching till I find.
I've applied for teaching jobs too. Hopefully, something good will pull through.
It's not easy. Na the money wey I save during service I take dey sustain.
Still searching and still hopeful.
Don't be too hard on yourself. Everybody's journey is different and we all have our own uniqueness, most times its clouded because of the hardship or circumstances we are in. It's well, I hope we all find purpose and pray for the Grace to live before we die. Amen.
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by Talk2Bella(f): 9:28pm On Feb 16, 2019
UndauntedYOCA:
well it hasn't been easy, I should have been done with school but will be done this April by God's grace but I'd like to share my experience, dad died many years ago, things went sour. I finally gained admission, family members render the little help they can, I started selling clothes, oil and doing part-time job from 300 Level, last year I was able to save about 100k, I have saved money in advance for my NYSC so I can save the monthly allawee for a year, ill also look for a business i can do while i am there, by the time I'll be done with service I should have saved nothing less than 300k,. I intend going into business with that money, the little farming I can do with it, I am a furniture making apprentice already, I might take a side job to fall back on, save up and invest in agriculture and real estate. it hasn't been easy and isn't always going to be easy but this girl typing this must make it, I no fit dey jobless, do runs or steal and I know with God, hard work, perseverance, a good saving mindset things will be well. I can't even deal with poverty, had enough of it. Don't wait for the government, work on yourself, get a skill, a side job, save up, invest and believe God for the best!

You’re an inspiration you will make it far and wide Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by Sapiosexuall: 10:29pm On Feb 16, 2019
Lizzydavinci:

You made a wise decision, I'm also learning programming now, it's not been easy but I'm glad I've found something that keeps me busy for the meantime

Hi, I'm considering learning programming after nysc too. Do you mind elaborating on why you said it's not been easy?
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by Richdee1(m): 10:58pm On Feb 16, 2019
AtchenyAutos:
I venture into car business immediately after my NYSC and I really thank God.

Bro Pm me ur number......
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by Richdee1(m): 11:01pm On Feb 16, 2019
[quote author=Passion2009 post=75767939]

Very interesting. My writing skill is quite impressive. Please,how can I get links(network) to work as a freelance writer?

Thank you.
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by UndauntedYOCA(f): 11:59pm On Feb 16, 2019
Talk2Bella:

You’re an inspiration you will make it far and wide Amen
Amen o my sister, yo sef go make am beyond human comprehension.

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by Passion2009: 12:10am On Feb 17, 2019
Boriqua:

How good are you in writing? Do you have any way to present your writing skills ? Send copies to solidruns22 @gmail.com

I just sent you my most recent article. Thank you.
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by UndauntedYOCA(f): 7:13am On Feb 17, 2019
ttmax09:
God bless u
amen bro, bless you too, but we've got to hustle well. Enjoy!

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by Talk2Bella(f): 9:07am On Feb 17, 2019
UndauntedYOCA:

Amen o my sister, yo sef go make am beyond human comprehension.

Amen smiley

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by Bashnigga(m): 10:42am On Feb 17, 2019
peteruuu:

U got anything for someone with a BSc in biochemistry
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by semochendo1(m): 12:25pm On Feb 17, 2019
Earlier this year, I've helped quite a number of people find a clear direction to their financial destiny through my business books and suggested businesses.

I've made it a point of duty to run occasional promo to accommodate new people who seek direction to a meaningful life.

All I know is, with just 2500, you could get your life on an entirely new track of life where you can be sure of where you are going, and of course, I will be available to guide you through, having walked the track for several years.

The promo is still open on all my books till Sunday 17th.

In these books are principles I've applied and has worked for me, and will work for anyone who is ready to get the best out of this system called life.

ENTREPRENEUR'S HAND BOOK, available in both soft and hard copies for 1k.

COMPLETE GUIDE TO STARTING A CLEANING BUSINESS..... NOW *2500*,Instead of *5k*

COMPLETE GUIDE TO STARTING A FUMIGATION BUSINESS..... NOW *2500*,Instead of *5K*

COMPLETE GUIDE TO STARTING DRY CLEANING BUSINESS..... NOW *2500*,Instead of *5K*

MAKING MONEY IN TELECOM SELLING DATA, VTU, RECHARGE CARD PRINTING, BULL SMS... NOW *2K*.

How you can start an *ID* card and passport printing business by getting all necessary machine and materials with just 52k and make your money back on first investment.

I've discussed how you can get a machine that prints and make photocopy for a business in students environments for just 15k.

The CLEANING and FUMIGATION are businesses you could start with *ZERO* *CAPITAL*

So,Stop complaining and start a new life!

Interested? Chat me up on WhatsApp 07065308183..

This offer expires 17/2/2018.

I will be ready to walk down with you.

All the best!
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by Webbet(m): 2:42pm On Feb 17, 2019
propsvila:
When I passed out I got to know about this Real Estate Business Opportunity. I was one Afternoon arguing after scouting for a work with no success when one man taped me on the shoulder and told me to come. The man sat me down in one of the chairs where they were selling snacks and started talking about a business opportunity.

Finally I went to the seminar and I was surprised such Opportunity exist and I have been going around looking for an unavailable work. The Business is all about marketing Real Estate Properties and earning 20 percent commision or recruiting people and earning 5 percent when they make sales.

Through this business God has blessed me, I have gotten a lot of contact and I have made sales and have received so many incentives.

And that is why I am taking it as a task to teach people and lead them to the land of wealth creation.

Life after NYSC is not easy but with right information and mindset you will survive
can we chat on whatsapp? Need to ask you some things
Re: How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? by EhiGid(m): 3:06pm On Feb 17, 2019
Please,can I have your number?
I'm venturing into bet shop business.
UrVillagePpl:

I think u should invest it into betting.. own a betting shop,, ...

I assure u bfr 2month u will get more than half or even ova dat amount ...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Most Kinds Of People In Nairaland's Jobs/vacancies Section / What Profitable Business Can Someone Start With 100k? / 6 Brutally Honest Answers To Common Job Interview Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.