Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) (65687 Views)

Don’t Spend Your Life Sleeping Outside Power, Osinbajo Advises Outgoing Govs / Nigerians Angry Over The Treatment Of Corpers As INEC Ad-hoc Staff (videos, Pix) / BREAKING!!! Senator Dino Melaye Sleeping Outside After This Happened(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) by babtunns(m): 8:14am On Feb 16, 2019
wolverine1987:

same here these ones are enjoying by this time we couldn't even sleep

Shio, na so we dey face am every election period... I suffered same in 2015
Re: INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) by Tapout(m): 8:15am On Feb 16, 2019
comffy:

This practice has been since inception. I slept outside INEC office in 2011 when I was serving then. It was PDP era then. The first election was also cancelled in 2011. So, stop wailing.

this is part of the problem we have in this country. We see certain things like suffering as a way of life. So because u experienced it and I did the same, that makes it a normal thing that should continue?? undecided welldone!

1 Like

Re: INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) by Talknochip(m): 8:22am On Feb 16, 2019
otokx:
The environment in Nigeria is oppressive, people can be treated better but those in charge just refuse to care because somebody mid up there has diverted the money.

Tomorrow you will hear so and so has built house and bought car, celebrate with me and the people will be rushing for a bottle of canned beta malt which is currently the cheapest in the market.
Very true and saddening!
Re: INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) by Moukandjo: 8:22am On Feb 16, 2019
FantasticJ:

I was an adhoc staff in 2007, 2011 and I also participated in several supplementary elections, this was how we slept outside. It's not new, so don't blame Buhari as if he's the architect of your generational problems.
My guy, I just tire for those brainless morons with short memories! Did they think Nigeria was US before Buhari came? Is it not the same country where over 28 states couldn't pay salaries? Where Boko Haram were fearlessly seizing territories in Nigeria? No be the same country where people dey loot shamelessly & you have a whole jamb remitting under N10m to government in 10 years etc?
Re: INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) by Amudeneogu: 8:24am On Feb 16, 2019
May God have mercy on this country Nigeria in Jesus name Amen
Re: INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) by newdawn2017(f): 8:25am On Feb 16, 2019
emmykey0128:
Bro, its everywhere, I am here in Agege ward 1, it is just so pathetic that there is no provision for ad-hoc staffs after collecting billions of naira for election, no food, no accommodation, no nothing,
It will not do such a work order? How much is d pay for crying out loud! These people are without d fear of their creator. As a corp member I shall not do this if proper arrangements re not made, I am not an animal., Tufiakwa... Until d people arise & reject dis wickedness, it will continue unabated. cry
Re: INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:34am On Feb 16, 2019
I think we all agree successive governments have failed in this regard. However, citizens can do their little part to help out, its just for one night. If you have them close to you, you can accommodate that for just that night.

I'll personally agree to accomodate anyone posted around Papa Ashafa (areas close to NYSC secretariat). There won't be bed, but at least you won't be exposed to elements of weather, and you'll be provided electricity for that night, plus feeding (even if its just Koko n akara), and water will be available.

You'll however have to come with Identity that you are an ad-hoc staff, and any case of theft, I'll leave u with the security guys there.
Re: INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) by Nobody: 8:35am On Feb 16, 2019
well my RAC was a mega primary school,there was light (gen and inverters),water supply and toiletries.the downside was that we slept with mats.and no inec official came to address us at the rac.The Rac Manager was nice.

1 Like

Re: INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) by vicardino(m): 8:37am On Feb 16, 2019
Can we just start a movement against these inhumane treatment and conditions that these first class citizens of this country are being subjected to? Please, i'm not a politician or a party bewitched nigerian but if you are not being moved by compassion cum hatred for these treatments, then what flows in your veins ain't blood
Re: INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) by vicardino(m): 8:39am On Feb 16, 2019
Thanks for doing this, may God bless you
Yampotatocarrot:
I think we all agree successive governments have failed in this regard. However, citizens can do their little part to help out, its just for one night. If you have them close to you, you can accommodate that for just that night.

I'll personally agree to accomodate anyone posted around Papa Ashafa (areas close to NYSC secretariat). There won't be bed, but at least you won't be exposed to elements of weather, and you'll be provided electricity for that night, plus feeding (even if its just Koko n akara), and water will be available.

You'll however have to come with Identity that you are an ad-hoc staff, and any case of theft, I'll leave u with the security guys there.
Re: INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) by wolverine1987: 9:14am On Feb 16, 2019
joshuaidibia:
will you shattap?? What is enjoyable there? Suffer na suffer. During your 2015 the economy wasn't like this. So Mr man, na u even enjoy sef. Yeye, trying to form strong man. They're paying this kids 30k in this economy and look what they're going through. 30k was 65k during 2015.
look @ dis one take ur frustrations elsewhere it's not needed.. if u can't take puns den move on. I call it enjoyment cos we were running heater skelter because we were attacked @ the rack n everyone ran different directions it was in d morning we found our way back to d school. so yes thank God such didn't happen this year if u have problem with that then argue with buhari
Re: INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) by bodmasfem(m): 9:20am On Feb 16, 2019
PDP paid post!
Re: INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) by OnyesomJ(m): 9:20am On Feb 16, 2019
Falz Voice ---My People Dey Fear ToTalk
Re: INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) by folajoko(m): 9:23am On Feb 16, 2019
Moukandjo:

Sharap! Nawa for all these people with short memories who can't remember where Nigeria is coming from!
Can you remind us of the wonderful accommodation inec provided its ad hoc staff when the shameless international thief was VP & when the ineffectual buffoon from Otuoke was president?

your president has short memory and you don't see anything wrong with it...did he assume office 2005? I never said he (Jonathan) provided a space, I was only reminding everyone about a president that thinks the youths are lazy without providing a job, Mr memory card.
Re: INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) by mindtricks: 9:45am On Feb 16, 2019
Novation:
Reports has it that some of AD-HOC STAFF who are due to work in the 2019 presidential elections have to sleep outside without protection and proper accommodation.

So sorry dear,it is nothing new. We did exactly same back then when we worked with INEC. The Nigerian system in practice does not regard such people worth the effort unlike the leaders who always all their entitlements, security inclusive.
Re: INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) by Moukandjo: 10:04am On Feb 16, 2019
folajoko:

your president has short memory and you don't see anything wrong with it...did he assume office 2005? I never said he (Jonathan) provided a space, I was only reminding everyone about a president that thinks the youths are lazy without providing a job, Mr memory card.
And you don't see anything wrong in voting a shameless international thief who's unintelligent enough not to be able to distinguish between a slain soldier's wife & her sister over after he claimed to have spoken to the slain soldier's wife for minutes on the phone & even foolishly took pictures as evidence?
Re: INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) by PattyMike(m): 10:05am On Feb 16, 2019
Novation:
Reports has it that some of AD-HOC STAFF who are due to work in the 2019 presidential elections have to sleep outside without protection and proper accommodation.

Pls Nigerians should stop being dramatic, these people are not working for free they're getting paid for work all these sleeping outside is eye service , if u sleep outside e hungry u sleep outside ni......I wonder if you can ask your boss at office to provide accommodation for an office assignment plus feeding(you obviously have another work elsewhere). In USA people volunteer for this kind of things for free. if they were volunteering for free ehn ehn..
they can't say there is no motel around there to sleep overnight, Mehn Bleep all this drama!!! Is it free? won't dey give you money? is it not because of the money you're there. Awoof kill us for this country.
Re: INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) by stanliwise(m): 10:05am On Feb 16, 2019
wolverine1987:

look @ dis one take ur frustrations elsewhere it's not needed.. if u can't take puns den move on. I call it enjoyment cos we were running heater skelter because we were attacked @ the rack n everyone ran different directions it was in d morning we found our way back to d school. so yes thank God such didn't happen this year if u have problem with that then argue with buhari
Bro to what end is ur statement. Are you saying they shouldn't protest maltreatment because you also suffered the same fate?
Re: INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) by stanliwise(m): 10:11am On Feb 16, 2019
DoyenExchange:
Love, don't hate! Tolerate other people's views.
what is in that view to tolerate. As much as everyone is given a freedom of expression, so everyone has a right to counter expressions.
Re: INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) by stanliwise(m): 10:15am On Feb 16, 2019
Handsomecole:
Nigerians in their usual manner of Sentimental emotional judgments.

In as much as I condem this incident it does not mean that this is how they were treated all over the country. Most corpers were also given a befitting accommodation.

We are only interested in posting evey single negativity in our dear nation.

As if this is how INEC corper officials are being treated all over the county .

Why not share pictures of other corpers who were properly treated also side by side with this .

This is just an incident which is condemning anyways but that does not mean that this is how they are treated all over the country.

Your children may someday experience this condition and that day we will see what will happen. Look at the topic of this threas very well and you will notice it is for those that knows nairaland and those that were maltreated.
Re: INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) by Ubdavis(m): 10:17am On Feb 16, 2019
skillsbaba:
And this

Almost leprosy stricken foot
Re: INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) by portplus: 10:20am On Feb 16, 2019
otokx:

Thanks for coming follow for body o, if you know, you know.

grin grin grin grin grin

"Stealing is not corruption"
Re: INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) by stanliwise(m): 10:20am On Feb 16, 2019
ChiefAzubuike:

Nobody send you this thing, you registered for it so stop complaining. Just like a soldier sent to the battle field and he's complaining , na who send you join army before. ?
posterity will judge you of this statement. your unborn generations will juge you, God will judge you. The blood of innocent killed in the struggle of a better Nigeria will judge you.
Re: INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) by Shaev7(m): 10:23am On Feb 16, 2019
If I say some graduates are just mere graduates somebody will come here and say rubbish. For 30k...Shame on those Corps members. If cobra had bitten one of them then what would have happened? Or even attacked...
I know myself, I wouldn't have done this or slept like a refugee for buharis mission.
Re: INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) by stanliwise(m): 10:24am On Feb 16, 2019
ChiefAzubuike:

Don't mind them. Nobody dey force them do adhoc staff. Na them dey register for am coz of the paltry 35k wey no even sure and dem go still dey complain .. Nonsense. I hate when I read such.
Because someone could fend for you or maybe you're well to do why would you care if others die trying to fend for themselves?
If you're robbed by the greedy ones who refuse to work, you will cry wolf. Now some youth are trying to find ways of making genuine income and yet were met by harsh conditions, all you do is to sit down and laugh.
Re: INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) by stanliwise(m): 10:31am On Feb 16, 2019
KillTheZombies:

This is why we must reject dumbohari. Yusuf Buhari is also a corper but he is enjoying life in the presidential suit and crashing expensive motor bikes. His father must be sent back to his unproductive cows farm in Daura.
This happened in 2007, 2011, 2015 elections also. You don't know history.
Re: INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) by samuelson06(m): 10:33am On Feb 16, 2019
Tapout:
pls push this to front page... People need to see this..

With all the public funds These old fools steal, they cant even provide a healthy accommodation for those incharge of conducting elections that will bring them into power in order for them to steal more funds angry. I'm currently at one of the camps on the island in lagos and I can tell u its the same story(i wonder what the faith of those on the mainland will be especially in places like ikorodu) . People are sleeping on the ground like dogs. Others who a lucky are sleeping on benches and these are individuals that a meant to conduct a whole presidential election in a few hours time. I myself can't even sleep cos the whole place is infested with mosquitoes.... I never knew this is what ad hoc staff go through for elections until this very moment. I swear This is very very bad. Like I never expected such a thing. I've totally lost hope in this country

Modified: i know some people will be like I wasn't forced to do it, but I forgot to mention I'm a Corp member. Just decided to participate for the sake of the experience.(u can only do nysc once) I have no regrets tho cos if not of this, when I hear someone complaining about this, I might not know it's this horrible

You can only do NYSC once doesn't mean you should be doing rubbbish. This is how you corp members usually behave and the end is not always palatable. Don't forget how NYSC members have been losing their lives in the past--always due to careless talk like, "you can only do NYSC once." Any sane person wouldn't subscribe to INEC's Ad-Hoc rubbbish but Nigeria is suffering and smiling. At the end, how much? Peanut! Next week, you are going to be with them again and you say you are not part of the problem? Think!!!
Re: INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) by stanliwise(m): 10:35am On Feb 16, 2019
samuelson06:

You can only do NYSC once doesn't mean you should be doing rubbbish. This is how you corp members usually behave and the end is not always palatable. Don't forget how NYSC members have been losing their lives in the past--always due to careless talk like, "you can only do NYSC once." Any sane person wouldn't subscribe to INEC's Ad-Hoc rubbbish but Nigeria is suffering and smiling. At the end, how much? Peanut! Next week, you are going to be with them again and you say you are not part of the problem? Think!!!
But how about those that are the ones fending for themselves.
Re: INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) by Reussite: 10:35am On Feb 16, 2019
It's Déjà Vu all over...same thing I experienced in Edo state(Orhionwon LG) during the last presidential election.
It got worse as we brought the electoral materials very late to the polling unit & in minutes while we were setting the stage for the exercise, youths of the community came in with guns shooting sporadically. I located the nearest window to scale out from, I was lucky I wasn't dressed as a corper. I mixed up with the disarrayed crowd & somehow managed to meet up with my other colleagues at an elder's apartment.
Each time I remember that scenario I just shudder & fear where Nigeria is really headed. sad
Re: INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) by Oresanya60: 10:55am On Feb 16, 2019
Tapout:
pls push this to front page... People need to see this..

With all the public funds These old fools steal, they cant even provide a healthy accommodation for those incharge of conducting elections that will bring them into power in order for them to steal more funds angry. I'm currently at one of the camps on the island in lagos and I can tell u its the same story(i wonder what the faith of those on the mainland will be especially in places like ikorodu) . People are sleeping on the ground like dogs. Others who a lucky are sleeping on benches and these are individuals that a meant to conduct a whole presidential election in a few hours time. I myself can't even sleep cos the whole place is infested with mosquitoes.... I never knew this is what ad hoc staff go through for elections until this very moment. I swear This is very very bad. Like I never expected such a thing. I've totally lost hope in this country

Modified: i know some people will be like I wasn't forced to do it, but I forgot to mention I'm a Corp member. Just decided to participate for the sake of the experience.(u can only do nysc once) I have no regrets tho cos if not of this, when I hear someone complaining about this, I might not know it's this horrible

Gbe body e. I feel u bruver.
Re: INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) by Ronadot07: 10:56am On Feb 16, 2019
Nigeria is a professional Scam

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Moment Tinubu Was Declared Winner Of APC Presidential Primary Election (Video) / Dino Melaye Arrested By The Police During A Protest 7 Years Ago (Throwback Photo / Fayose Hosts Peter Obi In His Lagos Home(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.