Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare (2711 Views)

When Last Did You Say "Thank You God?" / I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? / When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare by Deicide: 3:28pm On Feb 16, 2019
If you ever had one after being an Atheist how well did you handle it?
Re: As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare by Emmanystone: 4:16pm On Feb 16, 2019
Deicide:
Why are people skipping off your thread? 20+ views, no comment. Lolzzz
Re: As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare by obinna58(m): 4:35pm On Feb 16, 2019
To me it kinda feel stupid being haunted by something you don't believe in, though I have nightmares at my early days leaving religion, those days I feel so angry falling into the tricks of religious lies to length it appears to my dream the worst part was an imaginary friend I've already created who always come to my rescue (Jesus) nightmares are just impossible now cos I have limit of things I expect to see while dreaming, it's just how you shape your mind. I hardly dream, more like close my eyes and then open grin, I may have bad dream though but not scary

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare by Deicide: 4:42pm On Feb 16, 2019
Religious people for example Christians handle nightmare by praying against it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare by obinna58(m): 4:48pm On Feb 16, 2019
Emmanystone:

You should have skipped as well, instead of showing your nairaland skills

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare by Deicide: 4:51pm On Feb 16, 2019
Emmanystone:

maybe cause people don't get nightmare anymore.
Re: As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare by frank317: 5:33pm On Feb 16, 2019
Deicide:

I really stopped having nightmares since I stopped believing. My Christian days were filled with fear; fear that I have hurt God, fear the devil will get me, fear that my enemies will get me, anxiety that I have lost Gods protection because I had sinned, fear of death and landing in burning hell. I guess those things contribute to fake visions and nightmares.

Now I sleep and wake up and life has never been easy. I have had bad dreams occasionally, but nothing to put me on the edge... U easily dismiss them and move on.

Really, real freedom comes from disbelieving in unseen beings.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare by MJBOLT: 5:44pm On Feb 16, 2019
IMO,nightmares have nothing to do with the supernatural or religion.i stopped having nightmares when i was still a religious zombie
Re: As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare by Deicide: 5:47pm On Feb 16, 2019
obinna58:
I hardly dream, more like close my eyes and then open grin, I may have bad dream though but not scary
I like watching scary movies in the Night some of this scary movies i just laugh while watching it and some would be so intense that i cant shake of the scary feeling. grin to sleep at first might be a problem but at the end i find myself dozed off.
Re: As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare by hahn(m): 6:29pm On Feb 16, 2019
frank317:

I really stopped having nightmares since I stopped believing. My Christian days were filled with fear; fear that I have hurt God, fear the devil will get me, fear that my enemies will get me, anxiety that I have lost Gods protection because I had sinned, fear of death and landing in burning hell. I guess those things contribute to fake visions and nightmares.

Now I sleep and wake up and life has never been easy. I have had bad dreams occasionally, but nothing to put me on the edge... U easily dismiss them and move on.

Very true. Makes you wonder why theists crave mental subjugation.

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare by hahn(m): 6:30pm On Feb 16, 2019
Deicide:

I just dismiss it and go on with my day because I know it is just a dream
Re: As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare by frank317: 6:43pm On Feb 16, 2019
hahn:

Very true. Makes you wonder why theists crave mental subjugation.

Its still fear... Fear of God's wrath both on earth and after life and fear of being haunted down by the devil and ur unseen enemies.
Love of God, blessing from God and his protection, promise of heaven, all are just icing on the cake called fear just to make it acceptable.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare by frank317: 6:45pm On Feb 16, 2019
hahn:

I just dismiss it and go on with my day because I know it is just a dream

Sometimes its just a warning to go for malaria test grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare by hahn(m): 6:55pm On Feb 16, 2019
frank317:

Sometimes its just a warning to go for malaria test grin

grin
Re: As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare by 1Sharon(f): 8:12pm On Feb 16, 2019
Everyone has nightmares whether you are religious or not
Re: As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare by HappyPagan: 9:11pm On Feb 16, 2019
Still do. Sleepwalk too. Not fun at all, although not as frequent as when I was younger.
Re: As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare by Buffalowings3(m): 12:08am On Feb 17, 2019
Deicide:

I like watching scary movies in the Night some of this scary movies i just laugh while watching it and some would be so intense that i cant shake of the scary feeling. grin to sleep at first might be a problem but at the end i find myself dozed off.
It is weird right
I tend to enjoy these movies even more at night with the lights switched off to make the experience more intense.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare by Martinez39(m): 2:57am On Feb 17, 2019
I think I had one two days ago. I was in a hall filled with white plastic chairs, standing air conditioner and two other people. There was a lion in the hall accompanied by a lioness. Don't ask me for full details grin. I was scared as hell.

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare by budaatum: 3:38am On Feb 17, 2019
My last one was while I was an atheist so I still qualify so here goes. I was in a bedroom in a massive white house when I heard, "Come here buda" from off on the bed. "Take off your shoes and drink wine with me". So I took off my shoes and jumped into bed with Hillary Rodham Clinton! Na, I wasn't scared. We just talked about shoes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare by budaatum: 3:51am On Feb 17, 2019
frank317:

I once went to a church in Anthony Village. They would send buses as far as Yaba and Ketu picking up young children to fill this huge hall. Prayer time was "pray for your mother! Pray for your daddy! They are sinners! They are going to hell!" About a thousand children 6 year old to 12 would be rolling on the floor crying to God to save their mummy and daddy from going to hell. I must have gone 4 or five times. I was 9 at the time and I always wondered what type of dreams such people have.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare by OtemAtum: 3:57am On Feb 17, 2019
budaatum:

I once went to a church in Anthony Village. They would send buses as far as Yaba and Ketu picking up young children to fill this huge hall. Prayer time was "pray for your mother! Pray for your daddy! They are sinners! They are going to hell!" About a thousand children 6 year old to 12 would be rolling on the floor crying to God to save their mummy and daddy from going to hell. I must have gone 4 or five times. I was 9 at the time and I always wondered what type of dreams such people have.
What's the name of that church?
Re: As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare by budaatum: 4:13am On Feb 17, 2019
OtemAtum:
What's the name of that church?
Apostolic Faith, Anthony Village.
Re: As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare by naijapips04: 7:33am On Feb 17, 2019
cool since I became atheist, I sleep easy.
Re: As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare by hakeem4(m): 7:49am On Feb 17, 2019
Hahah are you now saying god is the cause of nightmares?
naijapips04:
cool since I became atheist, I sleep easy.

I still get scary dreams once in a while though, but I allow it go cause it doesn’t make sense

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare by Liveair: 8:04am On Feb 17, 2019
Nightmares are for the religious and those in psychological bondage.
Re: As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare by festwiz(m): 8:18am On Feb 17, 2019
Not since I was about 10 and that was a long time ago.

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare by raphieMontella: 8:36am On Feb 17, 2019
too long ago
Re: As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare by JChnsc19: 8:58am On Feb 17, 2019
I don’t see the connection between nightmares & atheist but here goes: last nightmare was maybe over a decade ago. Think I handled it like all other dreams that aren’t real by using the bathroom, getting a quick drink of water & going back to bed.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare by Emmanystone: 9:38pm On Feb 18, 2019
Deicide:
But you are, that's why you want to find out how many atheists are also. You want to make sure you're not alone.
Re: As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare by Deicide: 9:52pm On Feb 18, 2019
Emmanystone:

But you are, that's why you want to find out how many atheists are also. You want to make sure you're not alone.
Curiosity bro Curiosity undecided
Re: As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:52pm On Feb 18, 2019
budaatum:

That church deserves not to exist. They don't know the truth. The scripture says, "we're the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus and not sinners." We were but not anymore in Christ' if you believe.

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare by Emmanystone: 10:40pm On Feb 18, 2019
Deicide:
Curiosity bro Curiosity undecided
You know my curiosity? How does it feel like to live without Hope?
It must be stiflling.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Witching Hour / In What Name Should a Christian Be Baptized? / Ten False Doctrines Of The Roman Catholic Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.