Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,426 members, 7,822,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

A Question On Relationship Please - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Question On Relationship Please (1448 Views)

My Fiancee's Unstable Look Is Threatening Our Relationship. Please Advice Me / I'm Losing My Mind Moving On From My Past Relationship. Please Help Me Out Guys / I Am Thinking Of Quitting My Relationship, Please Advise Me On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Question On Relationship Please by Raylight2(m): 2:02pm On Feb 17, 2019
I want to ask if it is the duty of a guy to fix the bad attitude of his fiance. for example, a lady that gets angry easily and uses rude words at the moment of anger, is it advisable for a guy to remain in such relationship trying to fix her up or give her time to fix herself up? this is my present situation. Honestly, I put the relationship on hold. I really don't know if I acted well so I need guidance from those who care to help a stranger.

thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Question On Relationship Please by Mgbadike80: 3:07pm On Feb 17, 2019
Raylight2:
I want to ask if it is the duty of a guy to fix the bad attitude of his fiance. for example, a lady that gets angry easily and uses rude words at the moment of anger, is it advisable for a guy to remain in such relationship trying to fix her up or give her time to fix herself up? this is my present situation. Honestly, I put the relationship on hold. I really don't know if I acted well so I need guidance from those who care to help a stranger.

thank you
people hardly change(especially, beautifull ladies that gets lots of attention from men), you're likely wasting your time if you think that she would change.

3 Likes

Re: A Question On Relationship Please by Nobody: 3:15pm On Feb 17, 2019
Verbal Abuse is an abuse! And it shouldn't be condoned by any one, Male or Female. A person that can't control his or her tongue when angry has no manners nor self control.

You did right Mister.

1 Like

Re: A Question On Relationship Please by mikejj(m): 3:57pm On Feb 17, 2019
have you discus the issue with her? if yes what steps have you taken in trying to help her?is she willing to change?
Re: A Question On Relationship Please by mikejj(m): 3:59pm On Feb 17, 2019
MariaLavina:
Verbal Abuse is an abuse! And it shouldn't be condoned by any one, Male or Female. A person that can't control his or her tongue when angry has no manners nor self control.

You did right Mister.
but we as human we also have our own bad character some how..

1 Like

Re: A Question On Relationship Please by MJBOLT: 4:07pm On Feb 17, 2019
just make sure you are not dating yourself because that is the new trend
Re: A Question On Relationship Please by ImaIma1(f): 4:07pm On Feb 17, 2019
Whatever you cannot live with, don't allow it with the hope that she will change. What if she doesn't?

3 Likes

Re: A Question On Relationship Please by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 17, 2019
mikejj:
but we as human we also have our own bad character some how..
You are right. But there is something called compatibility. Compatibility do not only entails characters you both share, or loving/wanting the same thing. It also includes accepting each others Flaws. I.e flaws you can live with or overlook not endure. No one should be put in the position of enduring another. That's simply inhumane.

That said , verbal abuse is more or less equivalent to Domestic abuse. The only difference is while the later is physical, the former is psychological but almost the same effect.And guess what, one leads to another. To avoid stories that touch, space is needed. Let the lady go learn before someone turns to a criminal.

1 Like

Re: A Question On Relationship Please by mikejj(m): 4:21pm On Feb 17, 2019
MariaLavina:
You are right. But there is something called compatibility. Compatibility do not only entails characters you both share, or loving/wanting the same thing. It also includes accepting each others Flaws. I.e flaws you can live with or overlook not endured. No one should be put in the position of enduring another. That's simply inhumane.

That said , verbal abuse is more or less equivalent to Domestic abuse. The only difference is while the later is physical, the former is psychological but almost the same effect.And guess what, one leads to another. To avoid stories that touch, space is needed. Let the lady go learn before someone turns to a criminal.
i concur with ur point,but i feel if he loves her nd if there is no any form violence, he shud help her to over cum the attitude,..that is if she is willing 2 change..there is no guarantee that the nxt woman he might wnt to date will not have another kind of bad attitude..

1 Like

Re: A Question On Relationship Please by MissSweet(f): 7:33pm On Feb 17, 2019
Raylight2:

thank you

Bro. Nobody is completely perfect. If you truly love her study her after which you bring the topic up when you are in good terms. There are lots of lessons to learn from one another.

1 Like

Re: A Question On Relationship Please by Raylight2(m): 7:45pm On Feb 17, 2019
mikejj:
have you discus the issue with her? if yes what steps have you taken in trying to help her?is she willing to change?
I've discussed it with her and she said she's ready to change but when she gets angry, she doesn't want to hear from me at times. aside not picking my calls, she bounces them. I am not really happy with it cuz most often I am not the cause of her anger. it's just a transferred aggression. M sorry I am this open in public
Re: A Question On Relationship Please by Raylight2(m): 7:50pm On Feb 17, 2019
MissSweet:

Bro. Nobody is completely perfect. If you truly love her study her after which you bring the topic up when you are in good terms. There are lots of lessons to learn from one another.
I accept that fact. I have my flaws too. I want to study her while the relationship is on hold. I think I rushed into the whole thing. I am afraid of pretence. I don't want such attitude hidden only to resurface when it's too late
Re: A Question On Relationship Please by Raylight2(m): 7:52pm On Feb 17, 2019
mikejj:
i concur with ur point,but i feel if he loves her nd if there is no any form violence, he shud help her to over cum the attitude,..that is if she is willing 2 change..there is no guarantee that the nxt woman he might wnt to date will not have another kind of bad attitude..
hmmmm... noted
Re: A Question On Relationship Please by Raylight2(m): 7:53pm On Feb 17, 2019
MJBOLT:
just make sure you are not dating yourself because that is the new trend
ok bro. I'll make sure
Re: A Question On Relationship Please by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 17, 2019
Relationship isn't a rehab

2 Likes

Re: A Question On Relationship Please by mikejj(m): 7:59pm On Feb 17, 2019
Raylight2:
I've discussed it with her and she said she's ready to change but when she gets angry, she doesn't want to hear from me at times. aside not picking my calls, she bounces them. I am not really happy with it cuz most often I am not the cause of her anger. it's just a transferred aggression. M sorry I am this open in public
sorry bro i understand how u feel...do you think she really loves you...
Re: A Question On Relationship Please by Raylight2(m): 8:00pm On Feb 17, 2019
mikejj:
sorry bro i understand how u feel...do you think she really loves you...
when she's angry, I doubt
Re: A Question On Relationship Please by Raylight2(m): 8:01pm On Feb 17, 2019
I think I should quit
Re: A Question On Relationship Please by lilmax(m): 8:08pm On Feb 17, 2019
nigerians always think if your relationship isn't suffering then it's not a relationship grin

use your head.....humans are imperfect ko

it seems you think she's in your life just as a wife, you forgot about having kids? smh

do what rocks you
Re: A Question On Relationship Please by Raylight2(m): 8:10pm On Feb 17, 2019
lilmax:
nigerians always think if your relationship isn't suffering then it's not a relationship grin

use your head.....humans are imperfect ko

it seems you think she's in your life just as a wife, you forgot about having kids? smh

do what rocks you
thanks but I think first thing first
Re: A Question On Relationship Please by mikejj(m): 8:11pm On Feb 17, 2019
Raylight2:
when she's angry, I doubt
alright..aside this anger attitude..is she is perfectly ok for you.??do she apologies to you after getting angry, when she must have calm down?
Re: A Question On Relationship Please by Raylight2(m): 8:18pm On Feb 17, 2019
mikejj:
alright..aside this anger attitude..is she is perfectly ok for you.??do she apologies to you after getting angry, when she must have calm down?
yes she does
Re: A Question On Relationship Please by mikejj(m): 9:12pm On Feb 17, 2019
Raylight2:
yes she does
alright bro if she does..i want you to know that even her she does not like the attitude either..in one way or the other she is feeling bad whenever the attitudes comes up. it not her fault ok.just know that alright..if it is possible for you to go and meet her and say kind words to her,tell her you want to help her to deal with this attitude because u love her,and the attitude is affecting your relationship with her and its hurting you badly..this conversion has to be facially yes not on phone..hope it not a long distance relationship..so she can see the expression on ur face..but be very slow in any decision u want to take..so u dont loose ur gold at it raw stage..if possible get a book that talks about anger for..and if u can get an anger management coach for her..it will be nice...i hope this helps bro.
Re: A Question On Relationship Please by GoldenJAT(m): 9:25pm On Feb 17, 2019
Quite a dicey situation!!! My suggestions are
1.Stay and try helping her to overcome this shortcoming(may come out either way).
2.Move on, as your effort may not be enough.(Only she can really change.. There is very little you can do).
3.Hang on (I just hope she won't do something she live to regret all her life.
And one final question!! How long will she keep on apologizing? How long will you keep on forgiving her?. Your answers to the above questions will help out greatly. PEACE.

1 Like

Re: A Question On Relationship Please by Raylight2(m): 9:41pm On Feb 17, 2019
mikejj:
alright bro if she does..i want you to know that even her she does not like the attitude either..in one way or the other she is feeling bad whenever the attitudes comes up. it not her fault ok.just know that alright..if it is possible for you to go and meet her and say kind words to her,tell her you want to help her to deal with this attitude because u love her,and the attitude is affecting your relationship with her and its hurting you badly..this conversion has to be facially yes not on phone..hope it not a long distance relationship..so she can see the expression on ur face..but be very slow in any decision u want to take..so u dont loose ur gold at it raw stage..if possible get a book that talks about anger for..and if u can get an anger management coach for her..it will be nice...i hope this helps bro.
really grateful for your advice bro. God bless you for this. I'll do as said. I'm grateful.
Re: A Question On Relationship Please by Raylight2(m): 9:42pm On Feb 17, 2019
Thank you all for your contributions. I am grateful for your level of understanding and advise. God bless you all and give you more wisdom
Re: A Question On Relationship Please by mikejj(m): 11:14pm On Feb 17, 2019
Raylight2:
really grateful for your advice bro. God bless you for this. I'll do as said. I'm grateful.
u are welcome...
Re: A Question On Relationship Please by ednut1(m): 7:08am On Feb 18, 2019
Raylight2:
Thank you all for your contributions. I am grateful for your level of understanding and advise. God bless you all and give you more wisdom
leopard cannot change its spots

(1) (Reply)

The Weather Is Too Cold Tonight. / Hottest Naija Live Sex Chat Group On Whatsapp / Controversial Nigerian Braless DJ Shares Hot Twerking Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.