Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' (45142 Views)

Leaked Tapes: Return To PDP, Atiku Tells Amaechi / Atiku Reacts To Amaechi's Leaked Tapes 'Insulting Buhari' / Full Transcript Of Amaechi's Leaked Tapes "Insulting Buhari" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Mrkumareze(m): 4:40pm On Feb 17, 2019
Another sophisticated slowpoke kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Ofemmanu1: 4:41pm On Feb 17, 2019
PMBuhariGCFR:
Awon Okoro. Awon 5%. grin grin

Aisha, lets go to za oza room maza maza.
Awon Flatti, yellow monkey, awon lagooner, awon omo nna, awon Jew, awon ajokuta mamomi.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by michoim(m): 4:41pm On Feb 17, 2019
PDP with their mysterious tape doctoring. Is this the Dubai evil strategies ?

6 Likes

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by NkayStory(f): 4:41pm On Feb 17, 2019
Guestlander:

I know, Okoro babe.

Okay afonja boy wink

3 Likes

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Judybash93(m): 4:42pm On Feb 17, 2019
Chipink:
Yesterday it was Hausa imam today it was TINUBU the drug pusher.
This is exactly why APC postponed the election
Because they realised Atiku is gaining more fans in YORUBA(afonja/conehead) and hausa land despite picking Peter obi and could win the election.
They forgot to play tribal politics and now they are trying to do what they didnt do in their campaigns.
They know changing the mind of an average Hausa almajiri and YORUBA(afonja) Moslem is very easy with tribalism, because they all lack exposure And education
But no matter what God pass them, ATIKU MUST WIN.
Obama and Clinton did more than this and still lost.

"They all lack exposure and education" ?hmmmm

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by discusant: 4:43pm On Feb 17, 2019
MartinCorridon:
Bow down to someone greater than you.

Asiwaju is the nightmare of Okoros everywhere.

100% fact! tongue

Tinubu has his boy Fowler, as NRS boss. NRS is second money spinner after crude oil in Nigeria.

Buhari took oil ministry.

Yoy an average Yoruba remains hungrier.

Tinubu is enemy now to more intelligent Youruba group who understands that Nigeria needs to be restructured politically before the country can know peace and develop.

Tinubu moved all over the SW begging for restructure of Nigeria politically, until he found husband in conservative Buhari clan who resist political restructuring of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by PresidentT(m): 4:44pm On Feb 17, 2019
Nairaland has a responsibility to ensure that post gracing the front page are factual and promote national interest.
The heading of this topic is misleading. And capable of widenining the tribal gap existing in the country.
It shouldn't be about traffic alone!!!
I know most of your commenting didn't even listen to the tape but since it suites your thought you all run with it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by PMBuhariGCFR: 4:45pm On Feb 17, 2019
Ofemmanu1:

Awon Flatti, yellow monkey, awon lagooner, awon omo nna, awon Jew, awon ajokuta mamomi.

Mister man, do you realize who you are talking to?

1 Like

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by spiralwedge(m): 4:47pm On Feb 17, 2019
Dirty politics

4 Likes

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by lx3as(m): 4:48pm On Feb 17, 2019
PennywysCares:
Can tell me the meaning

'Awon Okunrin' = Men.

Yorubas do call Igbo trader, Okoro = strong man (some do call Okoro ajokuta ma momi, someone that likes strong food; all nah strong man). I've never seen an Igbo man that objected to this but someone is trying hard to pitch the two largest tribes in the South against each other because of two Fulani old men.

5 Likes

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by discusant: 4:49pm On Feb 17, 2019
Chipink:
Yesterday it was Hausa imam today it was TINUBU the drug pusher.
This is exactly why APC postponed the election
Because they realised Atiku is gaining more fans in YORUBA(afonja/conehead) and hausa land despite picking Peter obi and could win the election.
They forgot to play tribal politics and now they are trying to do what they didnt do in their campaigns.
They know changing the mind of an average Hausa almajiri and YORUBA(afonja) Moslem is very easy with tribalism, because they all lack exposure And education
But no matter what God pass them, ATIKU MUST WIN.
Obama and Clinton did more than this and still lost.

Exactly.

APC is planting Igbo Vs Yoruba fracas now as campaign strategy for Buhari.

Tinubu is not even playing mainstream Yoruba politics.

Tinubu grabbed NRS, the 2Nd money spinner of Nigeria after crude oil, immediately APC won in 2015.

Tinubu has been building his private business empire with money since then.

What did the average Yoruba gain from APC?

2 Likes

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Amalekki: 4:51pm On Feb 17, 2019
Nothing wrong in this. Okoro is standard.

2 Likes

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by maxzzo1(m): 4:52pm On Feb 17, 2019
bkool7:
Trash

Since when does OKORO became an insult or hate speech?

Awon Okoro simply means The Okoros

Where is the insult in that, or igbos don't bear the name again?

So if I'm called Awon Akande I'll feel offended?

Reno simply doesn't know the meaning or just want to continue oiling the gullibility of Atiku's supporters

Hmmm u be Okoro ....
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by justtoodark: 4:52pm On Feb 17, 2019
Amalekki:
Nothing wrong in this. Okoro is standard.

okoro that sells substandard products on the streets.

2 Likes

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by discusant: 4:55pm On Feb 17, 2019
lx3as:

'Awon Okunrin' = Men.

Yorubas do call Igbo trader, Okoro = strong man (some do call Okoro ajokuta ma momi; all nah strong man). I've never seen an Igbo man that objected to this but someone is trying hard to pitch the two largest tribes in the South against each other because of two Fulani old men.

DIVIDE AND RULE -------
*TRADE MARK OF THE FULANI*

It's only some uninitiated Igbo and Yoruba persons who may fail to understand that Fulani can plant divide and conquer and rule things like this.

1 Like

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by discusant: 4:57pm On Feb 17, 2019
justtoodark:

okoro that sells substandard products on the streets.

Okoro is name many Nigerian groups call Igbos. It's not offensive.

2 Likes

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by justtoodark: 5:03pm On Feb 17, 2019
discusant:

Okoro is name many Nigerian groups call Igbos. It's not offensive.

not atall....its just a name like afonja....na people always try to put new meanin to them....
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by justtoodark: 5:05pm On Feb 17, 2019
na ipob started all this nonesense....this words never bothered us before....

1 Like

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by LZAA: 5:06pm On Feb 17, 2019
bkool7:
Trash

Reno simply doesn't know the meaning or just want to continue oiling the gullibility of Atiku's supporters
You should be worried that ur overlord's statements have twice found their way into opposition hands and no denials have been issued
Atikulate obidiently joor
Cc immhotep madridguy sarrki velocity25 justiceleague1

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by ednut1(m): 5:06pm On Feb 17, 2019
Listened to d vid. Was not used in a bad context
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Vcblinks(m): 5:07pm On Feb 17, 2019
Okoro is not too bad ooh,i remember my young days in Lagos,when i approacheded a yoruba lady that her backside was crazy when i told her my name she shouted awon okoro,omo igbo.awon ajaokuta momuni sorry if i spelt it wrong but it just simply means we eat too much hard things like akpu ooh.when we got talking.she saw me eating akpu,d way she shouted like i was eating cement and d rest.yorubas are lovely people sha but i just hate their tribalistic and cunny attitude.i grew up there.my dad grew up in ibadan and met my mum in lag and d second language in my fathers house is yoruba,i hear well but i decided not to speak cos the yorubas will never want to hear your language but will like you to hear theirs so i relented but my siblings are like yoruba people.I dare say they speak more than yoruba(joking).Have Yoruba friends but was dealt with when they ganged up against me for a deal then cos of beign omo igbo so that painful experience increase my hatred for them a bit.They are very accomodative peop.the okoro is not derogatory that is how they call us.

2 Likes

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by somegirl1: 5:07pm On Feb 17, 2019
Guestlander:

It is quite obvious you are bleached up. Not that I care, it's your body, but don't deny it.

How is it obvious from an unclear photo? Pray, tell. I, too, would love to be an expert bleaching detector

1 Like

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Addme: 5:08pm On Feb 17, 2019
discusant:

DIVIDE AND RULE -------
*TRADE MARK OF THE FULANI*

It's only some uninitiated Igbo and Yoruba persons who may fail to understand that Fulani can plant divide and conquer and rule things like this.
You keep shouting Fulani whereas everybody knows the tape was posted by Reno Omokri,Is Reno now a Fulani or if Fulani is fond of Divide and rule like you posted.Is Atiku also guilty?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by mypassions(m): 5:08pm On Feb 17, 2019
Oh really? But using a derogatory words to diminish a whole tribe is proper? It’s crystal clear you grew up in an environment where tribalism is order of the day. Education bring exposure, how can you be educated and still be a tribal bigot? What a waste of education. EDUCATED ILLITERATE !!!

NkayStory:

grin cheesy..you are everything i said you are and more...My "dark" skin is a contention for you sissy man but that is not what this thread is about..

Petty and childish man-sissy.
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by IFNOTGOD(m): 5:09pm On Feb 17, 2019
bkool7:
Trash

see

Shut up there OKORO means a fool or useless person in f south just d way aboki is use to denote a fool
Oponu

Guess u don't travel
Go to warri make dem call u OKORO n begin to rejoice

1 Like

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by GalapagosFinch: 5:11pm On Feb 17, 2019
akdjr:
Personally me I like that names like Okoro, Okorocha, Okocha, Okadigbo, Okonkwo, Okafor, (apparently the name I gave to my first son) though I am not an Ibo guy but I love Jahlil Okafor a basketball player for the Philadelphia 76ers so I decided to name my son Okafor.

Clap for yourself, you are not Igbo but decided to name your child Okafor.

lol, your son will ask you questions in the future.
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by DEBJOCH1(m): 5:12pm On Feb 17, 2019
Stupid Post from a stupid PDP paid morons, when has Okoro becomes an insult or hate speech. My late father when he was alive, any time he feel like wanting to spur me or praise he calls OKORO Dike

2 Likes

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by smileyoo: 5:13pm On Feb 17, 2019
this op shouid show some respect to the jagaban, that picture of a rotten teeth man, is too demeaning to the image of a powerful man like the jagaban. tinubu has never been known as a tribal bigot, unlike bubu, except his association with bubu, is changing him to become one.
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by maasoap(m): 5:14pm On Feb 17, 2019
LiveByNight:
Hahahahahahaa

My neighbors from the East side abi some of you are shouting Sai baba?

These guys don't respect you one bit in APC

Vote for atiku

Because he called them Okoros? Was that an abuse or something like that? Don't be gullible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Wasn’t Cloned But Dead - Nnamdi Kanu Replies Lai Mohammed / Obaseki: We Fought Edo Local Godfather, We'll Fight Real One Disturbing Nigeria / Saraki, Dogara, Kwankwaso, Others Form ‘new APC’, Set To Join PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.