Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' (45147 Views)

Leaked Tapes: Return To PDP, Atiku Tells Amaechi / Atiku Reacts To Amaechi's Leaked Tapes 'Insulting Buhari' / Full Transcript Of Amaechi's Leaked Tapes "Insulting Buhari" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by bkool7(m): 5:16pm On Feb 17, 2019
IFNOTGOD:
see

Shut up there OKORO means a fool or useless person in f south just d way aboki is use to denote a fool
Oponu

Guess u don't travel
Go to warri make dem call u OKORO n begin to rejoice

Take it easy. Why the hot temper? shocked

So Tinubu is from Warri!

When Yoruba call you Okoro it means omo Igbo
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by akdjr(m): 5:18pm On Feb 17, 2019
Sure he already know coz we watch basketball together and I always tell him that I decided to name him Okafor because of the player whom he too is growing everyday to love by watching him play.
Beside has anyone with slave name ever questioned why he or she was given name like Mike, Kingsley, Jane, etc? If u can give your son slave master name which most people always refer to as ENGLISH name why can't I name mine an African name I love? quote author=GalapagosFinch post=75828860]

Clap for yourself, you are not Igbo but decided to name your child Okafor.

lol, your son will ask you questions in the future.

[/quote]
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Lunockgold: 5:18pm On Feb 17, 2019
bettercreature:
Dont mind them,that is what we call them here there is nothing special or wrong about it
u mean ndi ofe nmanu
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by dododawa1: 5:21pm On Feb 17, 2019
Vcblinks:
Okoro is not too bad ooh,i remember my young days in Lagos,when i approacheded a yoruba lady that her backside was crazy when i told her my name she shouted awon okoro,omo igbo.awon ajaokuta momuni sorry if i spelt it wrong but it just simply means we eat too much hard things like akpu ooh.when we got talking.she saw me eating akpu,d way she shouted like i was eating cement and d rest.yorubas are lovely people sha but i just hate their tribalistic and cunny attitude.i grew up there.my dad grew up in ibadan and met my mum in lag and d second language in my fathers house is yoruba,i hear well but i decided not to speak cos the yorubas will never want to hear your language but will like you to hear theirs so i relented but my siblings are like yoruba people.I dare say they speak more than yoruba(joking).Have Yoruba friends but was dealt with when they ganged up against me for a deal then cos of beign omo igbo so that painful experience increase my hatred for them a bit.They are very accomodative peop.the okoro is not derogatory that is how they call us.
wasorire arakunrin.
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Lunockgold: 5:21pm On Feb 17, 2019
Guestlander:
Which one is better Okoro or Ibo Alakuko. Up till now they still have "Akuko" as the symbol of the APGA party
which one is better ,Afonja,ofe nmanu or skull miners
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by nwanyionitsha: 5:28pm On Feb 17, 2019
PMBuhariGCFR:
Awon Okoro. Awon 5%. grin grin

Aisha, lets go to za oza room maza maza.
Awon5% and your criminal godfather opened his dirty mouth full of rotten teeth to say igbo kwenu.
The mad man and psychiatric patient seeking to be governor has guts to dress in their attire and meet with them to canvass for votes and support .Smh.

3 Likes

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Lunockgold: 5:29pm On Feb 17, 2019
SaintLucia:
We also call them KEIJEH here, awon GRASS EATERS noooo I mean ABACHA.
u bi ode ,afonja ,onye ofe oil na ose
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Mbediogu(m): 5:30pm On Feb 17, 2019
Richdad50:
There are clear and evident signs to demean. It is no secret that there is genuine hatred on both sides but a handshake of the East and West will lead Nigeria into unprecedented prosperity.

#Richdad

I cannot agree less with you. Unity of East and West will cause the north to seek REAL unity with all.

1 Like

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by PMBuhariGCFR: 5:32pm On Feb 17, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
Awon5% and your criminal godfather opened his dirty mouth full of rotten teeth to say igbo kwenu.
The mad man and psychiatric patient seeking to be governor has guts to dress in their attire and meet with them to canvass for votes and support .Smh.

Woman. Shut up and go to za oza room.
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by KuwaiitiDinar: 5:35pm On Feb 17, 2019
What is wrong in what he said... it is called motivation!!! after all; we all go to work because we are promised to be paid; by the way, I thought you guys said he is secretly rooting for Atiku and now there is a secret tape that he is rooting for Buhari... I am dead sure Nigeria will have a lot sucide cases come 28th February
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Nobody: 5:37pm On Feb 17, 2019
Albert0011:
[s]Thank God he didn't insult the Igbo's...Nairaland for dey boil now, before u quote and insult me,mind u that am from Delta north,i speak small Igbo and understand it.[/s]

I have consistently fight against deceit or we have consistently fought against deceit but it seems u new to this forum that u don't know even know where u from?

First of all u don't speak igbo in any way talk more of understanding it.....what u speak and under is Anioma ( a language of Benin extraction) ......

So kindly restructure ur statement because we have many readers whom u are trying to deceive here please sire.

1 Like

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 17, 2019
NkayStory:

Yoruba people really love tribal,chaotic and toxic politcs..They just cannot function except there is chaos,filth,rot,anarchy ,noise and doom..

Put them in a clean and peaceful environment and in no time its a huge mess...Decency and serenity is alien to these people.

Old woman like you, see what you are typing. You no even get shame. Shior. When little kids are jumping up and down on Nairaland displaying ethnic bigotry, is it you menopausal woman that should join them?

1 Like

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by udo2018: 5:45pm On Feb 17, 2019
Albert0011:
Thank God he didn't insult the Igbo's...Nairaland for dey boil now, before u quote and insult me,mind u that am from Delta north,i speak small Igbo and understand it.
You don't even know your origin and identity..
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by madridguy(m): 5:49pm On Feb 17, 2019
Remove me from your senseless spamming list.

LZAA:

You should be worried that ur overlord's statements have twice found their way into opposition hands and no denials have been issued
Atikulate obidiently joor
Cc immhotep madridguy sarrki velocity25 justiceleague1

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by tribalistseun: 5:49pm On Feb 17, 2019
bkool7:
Trash

Since when does OKORO became an insult or hate speech?

Awon Okoro simply means The Okoros

Where is the insult in that, or igbos don't bear the name again?

So if I'm called Awon Akande I'll feel offended?

Reno simply doesn't know the meaning or just want to continue oiling the gullibility of Atiku's supporters

However, if Okoro Means something derogatory in Igbo you ppl should enlighten us

this insult by Thiefnubuu is too much he will never know peace in this lagos.
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Ofemmanu1: 5:51pm On Feb 17, 2019
PMBuhariGCFR:

Mister man, do you realize who you are talking to?
Baba! I dey seconded your comment ni. I dey your side!
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by ipledge10(m): 5:52pm On Feb 17, 2019
Vcblinks:
Okoro is not too bad ooh,i remember my young days in Lagos,when i approacheded a yoruba lady that her backside was crazy when i told her my name she shouted awon okoro,omo igbo.awon ajaokuta momuni sorry if i spelt it wrong but it just simply means we eat too much hard things like akpu ooh.when we got talking.she saw me eating akpu,d way she shouted like i was eating cement and d rest.yorubas are lovely people sha but i just hate their tribalistic and cunny attitude.i grew up there.my dad grew up in ibadan and met my mum in lag and d second language in my fathers house is yoruba,i hear well but i decided not to speak cos the yorubas will never want to hear your language but will like you to hear theirs so i relented but my siblings are like yoruba people.I dare say they speak more than yoruba(joking).Have Yoruba friends but was dealt with when they ganged up against me for a deal then cos of beign omo igbo so that painful experience increase my hatred for them a bit.They are very accomodative peop.the okoro is not derogatory that is how they call us.
a very balanced view
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 17, 2019
madridguy:
Remove me from your senseless spamming list.

Reject sai babarism
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Albert0011(m): 6:02pm On Feb 17, 2019
udo2018:
You don't even know your origin and identity..
Mr originator and identifier... am from ukwuani LGA in Delta north(anioma) hope u re satisfied now?
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Albert0011(m): 6:07pm On Feb 17, 2019
Osagyefo98:

I have consistently fight against deceit or we have consistently fought against deceit but it seems u new to this forum that u don't know even know where u from?

First of all u don't speak igbo in any way talk more of understanding it.....what u speak and under is Anioma ( a language of Benin extraction) ......

So kindly restructure ur statement because we have many readers whom u are trying to deceive here please sire.
Mr man it seems u re the one confusing ur self here...i didn't tell u that my mother tongue is pure Igbo language, ukwuani is my dialect and apart from that am fluent a little bit in Igbo language (eastern igbo)and also understand it.
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Carlyscales: 6:11pm On Feb 17, 2019
MartinCorridon:
Bow down to someone greater than you.

Asiwaju is the nightmare of Okoros everywhere.

100% fact! tongue

Stop this nonsense!

How are u different from Reno, that's busy stoking tribal wars for selfish reasons?
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by NkayStory(f): 6:14pm On Feb 17, 2019
5thElement:

Old woman like you, see what you are typing. You no even get shame. Shior. When little kids are jumping up and down on Nairaland displaying ethnic bigotry, is it you menopausal woman that should join them?

You are exactly everything i wrote about you lots and more...A thread where a supposed leader of Yorubas in the person of Tinubu is referring to Igbos as "Okoro.,your Yorubad brothers joined in the fray justifying why it is okay..

Now i made a very apt observation based on this ..then you insufferably disgusting excuse of a man felt the need to jump on my mentions like an ill-trained vagabond..

If you are not a sick person,you would have atleast found solace with the fact that your brother's insults on Igbos should be enough compensation since you ate too hypocritical to call them to order..Instead you resorted to disgracing your entire unfortunate lineage typing rubbish..

Your Tinubu who actually said rubbish is younger than me right??

Anyway Whoever you are,God pinish you a thousand times for jumping on my mentions like a criminal while excusing your more hateful brothers because you claim they are "kids"!!!

Let this be the first and last time you would ever quote me okay?

Disgusting,hypocritical and horrible fellow angry

3 Likes

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Addme: 6:18pm On Feb 17, 2019
immhotep:

Reject sai babarism
You don't force your opinion on people.Stick to your Cameroonian and let him stick to his Sudanese.

1 Like

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 17, 2019
Albert0011:
Mr man it seems u re the one confusing ur self here...i didn't tell u that my mother tongue is pure Igbo language, ukwuani is my dialect and apart from that am fluent a little bit in Igbo language (eastern igbo)and also understand it.

We are still saying same thing here but it seems u more confused. There is nothing like eastern igbo...igbo is igbo meaning igbo bu igbo....and as far as u came here to ridicule or demean igbo language like u guys have always done in the past, I won't allow u to succeed.

So kindly retract ur statement and put it wholly that u understand and speak anioma fluently not igbo....get my point oga.....

Am according u respect but u insulting me......

U statement lacks validity and I see it as false.
Imagine I speak small igbo and I understand it but I don't speak igbo.......this is blasphemy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by ruffDiamond: 6:22pm On Feb 17, 2019
dey Berra thank their their star he didn't use the word flat.....well if u know u know lol

1 Like

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Fatherofdragons: 6:23pm On Feb 17, 2019
grin My God these yorubers are highly tribalistic, thank God people are seeing it.

Btw my uncle's name is Okoro but that doesn't mean an afonja should call me that. grin
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 17, 2019
Albert0011:
Mr man it seems u re the one confusing ur self here.[b] I didn't tell u that my mother tongue is pure Igbo language, ukwuani is my dialect [/b]and apart from that am fluent a little bit in Igbo language (eastern igbo)and also understand it.

Am yet to understand what u mean by this.
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by rainylad(f): 6:24pm On Feb 17, 2019
Guestlander:

It is quite obvious you are bleached up. Not that I care, it's your body, but don't deny it.

Attend to the issue at hand not this childish tantrum from you...Grown men acting like kids undecided

1 Like

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Malawian(m): 6:24pm On Feb 17, 2019
This is what happens when one gulps ofe-mmanu (oil soup). The frictional forces in his throat that would have prevented such misyarning, suddenly goes way. Yoruba's problem stems from eating oil soup - -Malawian 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Emma1Oj(m): 6:29pm On Feb 17, 2019
bkool7:
Trash

Since when does OKORO became an insult or hate speech?

Awon Okoro simply means The Okoros

Where is the insult in that, or igbos don't bear the name again?

So if I'm called Awon Akande I'll feel offended?

Reno simply doesn't know the meaning or just want to continue oiling the gullibility of Atiku's supporters

However, if Okoro Means something derogatory in Igbo you ppl should enlighten us
By now u shld kn those pple reason through their anus.
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by rainylad(f): 6:29pm On Feb 17, 2019
5thElement:

Smh!!...this crazed hypocrite again undecided
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by ProWalker: 6:31pm On Feb 17, 2019
Malawian:
This is what happens when one gulps ofe-mmanu (oil soup). The frictional forces in his throat that would have prevented such misyarning, suddenly goes way. Yoruba's problem stems from eating oil soup - -Malawian 2019.

So all those Ibos that answer okoro should take it as insult then

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sowore Discharged, Returns Home / Saraki, Dogara, Kwankwaso, Others Form ‘new APC’, Set To Join PDP / 800m Walk: Sowore Shades Buhari & Atiku. Shares His Own Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.