Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,614 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' (45146 Views)

Leaked Tapes: Return To PDP, Atiku Tells Amaechi / Atiku Reacts To Amaechi's Leaked Tapes 'Insulting Buhari' / Full Transcript Of Amaechi's Leaked Tapes "Insulting Buhari" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by RexTramadol1: 3:56pm On Feb 17, 2019
rιgнт or wrong

ι can’т place

вυт ι ĸnow a dυde daт alwayѕ мenтιon тнaт naмe

ιғ one ιѕ acтιng вelow par
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by OyiboOyibo(m): 3:57pm On Feb 17, 2019
Tinubu is a political bastard and his zombie supporters are nincompoops
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by baliyubla: 3:58pm On Feb 17, 2019
daninphilo:
u re a biggest fool of all time what is Insulting in his speech he obviously even hailing the igbos reno omokri is obviously mad. Master of propaganda reno will wail to his grave.

Mynd44. Rule 2
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Guestlander: 3:58pm On Feb 17, 2019
Which one is better Okoro or Ibo Alakuko. Up till now they still have "Akuko" as the symbol of the APGA party
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Corrinthians(m): 3:59pm On Feb 17, 2019
MartinCorridon:
grin

What did Asiwaju say that was wrong ?

He didn't call them pigs / criminals/ prostitutes.

Nnamdi Kanu said worse. He said " 99% of the women are......."

Fill in the gap tongue

Last time I checked, Ibos bear Okoro. But trust them, they just have to wail over everything like sore little girls.

Their Supreme leader called them Pigs, Idiots, Prostitutes, Slaves who just renewed their license of slavery, and their former Supreme Leader, Uwazuruike, called them the "most useless tribe on earth".
Guess what... they still lick the balls of those idiotas. cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by alfaman3: 3:59pm On Feb 17, 2019
bkool7:
Trash

Since when does OKORO became an insult or hate speech?

Awon Okoro simply means The Okoros

Where is the insult in that, or igbos don't bear the name again?

So if I'm called Awon Akande I'll feel offended?

Reno simply doesn't know the meaning or just want to continue oiling the gullibility of Atiku's supporters

Awon Afonjas

1 Like

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by canalily(m): 3:59pm On Feb 17, 2019
Chipink:
Yesterday it was Hausa imam today it was TINUBU the drug pusher.
This is exactly why APC postponed the election
Because they realised Atiku is gaining more fans in YORUBA and hausa land despite picking Peter obi and could win the election.
They forgot to play tribal politics and now they are trying to do what they didnt do in their campaigns.
They know changing the mind of an average Hausa almajiri and YORUBA Moslem is very easy with tribalism, because they all lack exposure And education
But no matter what God pass them.
ATIKU MUST WIN. trump and Clinton did more than this and still lost.
why ar u answering chipinse?
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by kikake: 4:00pm On Feb 17, 2019
kirajustice:
@POLITICSNGR

Another tape has emerged of the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Ahmed Tinubu calling Igbo people 'Awon Okoros'.

He proceeded to hail them by shouting 'Igbo Kwenu'. 

In Part 1 of the tapes released earlier today, Tinubu was heard promising to give massive amounts of money to members of the party if President Buhari emerges victorious in the 2019 General Elections. 

Listen to the tape HERE

https://politicsngr.com/another-leaked-tape-tinubu-refers-igbos-awon-okoros-listen/

Say NO to election boycott

A Yoruba man, Oluwatoyin Obanla, wrote,
*Naturally,the SE will vote for Atiku because of their son Obi.*
And we re also not bastards in the SW to abandon our son...

But another Yoruba son countered and wrote:

Dear Yorubas,
90% of Igbo people will vote ATIKU in the next election.

*It is not because he picked Peter Obi.*

See the facts:

In 2003 BUHARI picked Chuba Okadigbo and the Igbos voted OBASANJO.
They are business oriented people, they know bad market when they see one.

Dear Hausa /Fulani.
In 2007 BUHARI picked Edwin Ume-Ezeoke, yet the Igbos voted Yaradua!

BUHARI cannot manage the economy, as you have seen it. Experience they say is the best teacher.
Igbos hate poverty and have never made mistakes in their choice of President in Nigerian History.

Even after the civil war, Igbos rebuilt themselves with nothing to the envy of other Nigerians.
Igbos do not hate Buhari, but they hate the POVERTY associated with Buhari and his Government.

Copied with some amendment.

*And I add*:
In 1979 & 1983, Shagari/NPN picked *Ekwueme* (very well respected & reverred, with an "agreement in place to become President by 1987) YET Ndi Igbo voted OVERWHELMINGLY for NPP. Some reasonable numbers equally voted UPN; there's no hullabaloo about *endorsement embarrassment*!

PRESIDENT BUHARI IS BAD MARKET FOR HAUSA/FULANI, YORUBA, IGBO, IJAW, TIV, BINI, etc, etc.

3 Likes

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by FisifunKododada: 4:01pm On Feb 17, 2019
Please where is the insult here? I don't get it. Is Okoro not a common Igbo name?

2 Likes

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Afonja007: 4:01pm On Feb 17, 2019
Albert0011:
Thank God he didn't insult the Igbo's...Nairaland for dey boil now, before u quote and insult me,mind u that am from Delta north,i speak small Igbo and understand it.
which part of delta north pls before I will reply you
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 17, 2019
Is tinubu a human being ? Those following him are like him. Bird of Same feather. Smh
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Guestlander: 4:02pm On Feb 17, 2019
FisifunKododada:
Please where is the insult here? I don't get it. Is Okoro not a common Igbo name?

I think they prefer Ibo Alakuko. People who are shouting Afonja up and down are now being sensitive to being called Okoro.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by celeiyke: 4:03pm On Feb 17, 2019
[quote author=MartinCorridon post=75826214] grin

What did Asiwaju say that was wrong ?

He didn't call them pigs / criminals/ prostitutes.

Nnamdi Kanu said worse. He said " 99% of the women are......."

Fill in the gap tongue

[/quote

Is Nnamdi KANU an igbo leader?

3 Likes

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by PVision2020(m): 4:03pm On Feb 17, 2019
What's offensive in what tinubu said? he was even trying to hail them.
Reno Omokiri is just trying to heat up the polity with his known bigotry.
He should channel his energy towards appealing to the Hausa/Fulanis' him and his fellow junky FFK has called a lot of derogatory names.

2 Likes

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Albert0011(m): 4:04pm On Feb 17, 2019
Afonja007:
which part of delta north pls before I will reply you
Ukwuani
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Omotaday(m): 4:04pm On Feb 17, 2019
NkayStory:

Yoruba people really love tribal,chaotic and toxic politcs..They just cannot function except there is chaos,filth,rot,anarchy ,noise and doom..

Put them in a clean and peaceful environment and in no time its a huge mess...Decency and serenity is alien to these people.

Aunty, listen to the tape, Mr Tinuby said nothing offensive, he was even hailing the Igbos. These politicians want to divide us, they playing game on us.
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by NkayStory(f): 4:04pm On Feb 17, 2019
GoldHorse:
The "awon okoro" is even more dignifying than "afonja" you lot call Yorubas here.

But "Afonja" is a Yoruba "warrior".

..it is nobody's fault he stuppiddly invited the Fulanis to Kwara to help him fight his fellow yorubas only to be vonsummed by same fulanis..

So you my friend is an afonja whole i am an Okoro. smiley

1 Like

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Meritocracy: 4:05pm On Feb 17, 2019
Sunny T, may his soul rest in peace. Call himself Okoro when he was singing and making money in Lagos nobody deny him among Igbo. Igbos are okoros and so shall it be for ever and ever

2 Likes

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Kingspin(m): 4:06pm On Feb 17, 2019
This is how they become fathers of the nation.
And pass it down to the followers.

And someone will say leaders are not the problem but followers. Who told you that?

You have to understand why leadership is key to progress and peace of any organisationion/country.
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by mycar: 4:07pm On Feb 17, 2019
Such names are demeaning, let say the fact. He shouldn't be caught saying such.

3 Likes

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by stpat1(m): 4:07pm On Feb 17, 2019
He didn't say anything wrong. Listen to the voice note before commenting. Nigerians are used to scoring cheap political goals with everything

2 Likes

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Nobody: 4:08pm On Feb 17, 2019
Richdad50:
There are clear and evident signs to demean. It is no secret that there is genuine hatred on both sides but a handshake of the East and West will lead Nigeria into unprecedented prosperity.

#Richdad
no one gives a flying f**k though.

1 Like

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by mypassions(m): 4:10pm On Feb 17, 2019
Listen to yourself you tribal idiot, beauty reject you despite bleaching all your life.
NkayStory:

Yoruba people really love tribal,chaotic and toxic politcs..They just cannot function except there is chaos,filth,rot,anarchy ,noise and doom..

Put them in a clean and peaceful environment and in no time its a huge mess...Decency and serenity is alien to these people.

7 Likes

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Afonja007: 4:10pm On Feb 17, 2019
Albert0011:
Ukwuani
as in kwale side?if your name is ifeanyi or emeka and you killed Yoruba person in ogun state if they start killing igbos you think they will care to know if your own emeka is from ukwuani?
Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by yommen: 4:11pm On Feb 17, 2019
There is no insult in that statement. It's just that igbos can't tolerate anything from other people but they can always throw anything at anybody. A very funny set of people!

6 Likes

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Guestlander: 4:12pm On Feb 17, 2019
NkayStory:

Coming from someone who was probably indoctrinated from birth to hate other people.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by yommen: 4:13pm On Feb 17, 2019
Afonja007:
as in kwale side?if your name is ifeanyi or emeka and you killed Yoruba person in ogun state if they start killing igbos you think they will care to know if your own emeka is from ukwuani?

You should just shot up there! Yorubas will never physically attack ibos based on tribal sentiments.

2 Likes

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by Triangles1(m): 4:13pm On Feb 17, 2019
bkool7:
Trash

Reno simply doesn't know the meaning or just want to continue oiling the gullibility of Atiku's supporters

Wagbayi, you're on point.

Pls, lecture them, I can't blame them bcs their leader are also confuse people.

2 Likes

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by tiredoflife(m): 4:14pm On Feb 17, 2019
bkool7:
Trash

Yes I agree with u
Same way if we call yorubas awon oni-dirty
Hope u won't be offended grin

3 Likes

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by akdjr(m): 4:15pm On Feb 17, 2019
Personally me I like that names like Okoro, Okorocha, Okocha, Okadigbo, Okonkwo, Okafor, (apparently the name I gave to my first son) though I am not an Ibo guy but I love Jahlil Okafor a basketball player for the Philadelphia 76ers so I decided to name my son Okafor.

4 Likes

Re: Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' by olagbola45(m): 4:17pm On Feb 17, 2019
Chipink:
Yesterday it was Hausa imam today it was TINUBU the drug pusher.
This is exactly why APC postponed the election
Because they realised Atiku is gaining more fans in YORUBA(afonja/conehead) and hausa land despite picking Peter obi and could win the election.
They forgot to play tribal politics and now they are trying to do what they didnt do in their campaigns.
They know changing the mind of an average Hausa almajiri and YORUBA(afonja) Moslem is very easy with tribalism, because they all lack exposure And education
But no matter what God pass them, ATIKU MUST WIN.
Obama and Clinton did more than this and still lost.

reason with ur senses babe ,is okoro not igbo name again? u guys that see another meaning to dis are d real tribalist

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Saraki, Dogara, Kwankwaso, Others Form ‘new APC’, Set To Join PDP / Sowore Discharged, Returns Home / 800m Walk: Sowore Shades Buhari & Atiku. Shares His Own Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.