Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Does Antibiotics Prevent Conception? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Antibiotics Prevent Conception? (1823 Views)

Who Bleeps Ladies With Unwanted Pregnancy During Conception? / Share An Experience Which Make You Change Your Conception Towards Relationship. / Lady Prints Her Photo On Her Boyfriend's Boxers To Prevent Him From Cheating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Antibiotics Prevent Conception? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 18, 2019
A lady friend of mine mentioned taking antibiotics immediately after sex is a sure way of not getting pregnant as the drug renders the Spermatozoas useless.

How true is this?
Re: Does Antibiotics Prevent Conception? by phintohlar(f): 3:01pm On Feb 18, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
A lady friend of mine mentioned taking antibiotics immediately after sex is a sure way of not getting pregnant as the drug renders the Spermatozoas useless.

How true is this?
very true, especially beecham.. it works within 24 hrs after 24 hrs na to go buy baby bucket be dat oo
Re: Does Antibiotics Prevent Conception? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Feb 18, 2019
phintohlar:
very true, especially beecham.. it works within 24 hrs after 24 hrs na to go buy baby bucket be dat oo
But funny this lady friend of mine is pregnant. So I guess it doesn't work for everyone
Re: Does Antibiotics Prevent Conception? by Headlesschicken(m): 3:10pm On Feb 18, 2019
grin Doesn't work on every sperm,some spermatozoa's r unnecessarily stubborn,if u like drink acid,they just wouldn't let go once they r inside... undecided
Re: Does Antibiotics Prevent Conception? by LuciferProphet: 3:12pm On Feb 18, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
A lady friend of mine mentioned [s]taking antibiotics immediately after sex is a sure way of not getting pregnant as the drug renders the Spermatozoas useless[/s].

How true is this?

Bullshit.

Antibiotics kill bacteria and sperm cells are not bacteria so they cannot kill sperm cells.

However, a recent study showed that antibiotics (especially tetracycline & erythromycin) reduced sperm motility when taken in higher doses.
Amoxycillin & chloroquine had absolutely no effect on sperm cells. It's in PDF so I cannot attach here.

Another thing you should know is that antibiotics render birth control pills like Postinor useless so taking antibiotics with postinor will actually guarantee a pregnancy.

NwanyiAwkaetiti:
But funny this lady friend of mine is pregnant. So I guess it doesn't work for everyone
Ehen. grin
You must have taken the antibiotics with postinor thinking it will make it more effective.
But no, the antibiotic just killed the postinor and allowed the sperm swim free.

I wish you a Happy Baby Mama celebration in advance! grin

12 Likes

Re: Does Antibiotics Prevent Conception? by phintohlar(f): 3:23pm On Feb 18, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
she didn't take it at the right time she was supposed to
Re: Does Antibiotics Prevent Conception? by ubunja(m): 3:23pm On Feb 18, 2019
LuciferProphet:

Bullshit.

Antibiotics kill bacteria and sperm cells are not bacteria so they cannot kill sperm cells.

However, a recent study showed that antibiotics (especially tetracycline & erythromycin) reduced sperm motility when taken in higher doses.
Amoxycillin & chloroquine had absolutely no effect on sperm cells.

Another thing you should know is that antibiotics render birth control pills like Postinor useless so taking antibiotics with postinor will actually guarantee a pregnancy.

Ehen. grin
You must have taken the antibiotics with postinor thinking it will make it more effective.
But no, the antibiotic just killed the postinor and allowed the sperms swim free.

pls tell them. I get tired

1 Like

Re: Does Antibiotics Prevent Conception? by Ajoboss(m): 3:44pm On Feb 18, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
lady friend or you

6 Likes

Re: Does Antibiotics Prevent Conception? by Ajoboss(m): 3:44pm On Feb 18, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
lady friend or you?

4 Likes

Re: Does Antibiotics Prevent Conception? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 18, 2019
Ajoboss:
lady friend or you?
Why would I wanna know more if I was to be the one?

1 Like

Re: Does Antibiotics Prevent Conception? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Feb 18, 2019
LuciferProphet:

Bullshit.

Amoxycillin & chloroquine had absolutely no effect on sperm cells. It's in PDF so I cannot attach here.

Ehen. grin
But no, the antibiotic just killed the postinor and allowed the sperms swim free.

Thanks for d comment... Not me though
Re: Does Antibiotics Prevent Conception? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Feb 18, 2019
[s]show me your friend and i will tell who you are![/s]

2 Likes

Re: Does Antibiotics Prevent Conception? by abdulazeez1002(m): 5:25pm On Feb 18, 2019
Not all antibiotics.

Antibiotics like penicillins, cephalosporins, erythromycin, and clindamycin etc have no effect on the sperm cells
Re: Does Antibiotics Prevent Conception? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 18, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
Not all antibiotics.

Antibiotics like penicillins, cephalosporins, erythromycin, and clindamycin etc have no effect on the sperm cells
Hmmmm, good one.
Re: Does Antibiotics Prevent Conception? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 18, 2019
GameKartel:
[s]show me your friend and i will tell who you are![/s]
Lol. Indeed. Best not to judge people
Re: Does Antibiotics Prevent Conception? by modskiller(m): 2:04am On Mar 16, 2019
Continuous usage reduces chances of conception
Re: Does Antibiotics Prevent Conception? by Nobody: 5:54am On Mar 16, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:

I noticed u re adding up these days. my instinct never fails me
Re: Does Antibiotics Prevent Conception? by Nobody: 7:32am On Mar 16, 2019
fakeprophet:

I noticed u re adding up these days. my instinct never fails me
I wish that instinct is true sha

1 Like

Re: Does Antibiotics Prevent Conception? by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 16, 2019
Nwanyiawkaetiti's friend is finally pregnant. grin
Re: Does Antibiotics Prevent Conception? by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 16, 2019
ceeroh:
Nwanyiawkaetiti's friend is finally pregnant. grin
Babymamarism cant start from me biko
Re: Does Antibiotics Prevent Conception? by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 16, 2019
modskiller:
Continuous usage reduces chances of conception
Thanks
Re: Does Antibiotics Prevent Conception? by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 16, 2019
That was how one lady told us at work that she uses flagyl for contraception. I couldn't take it anymore and ran out laughing
Re: Does Antibiotics Prevent Conception? by ThothHermes: 10:00am On Mar 16, 2019
funmisticqueen:
That was how one lady told us at work that she uses flagyl for contraception. I couldn't take it anymore and ran out laughing
Was she pregnant
Re: Does Antibiotics Prevent Conception? by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 16, 2019
ThothHermes:
Was she pregnant
definitely
Re: Does Antibiotics Prevent Conception? by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 16, 2019
funmisticqueen:
Lol... Weird

(1) (Reply)

Male Prostitute Shares Photos Of His Wives' Naked Butts With Tattoos Of His Name / What Is Going On.?? / Guys Help Me, Should I Break Up With Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.