Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,678 members, 7,955,493 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:37 AM

Almajiris Picking Food From The Ground In Gombe Sparks Outrage On Social Media - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Almajiris Picking Food From The Ground In Gombe Sparks Outrage On Social Media (65504 Views)

Adamu Garba Photoshops Bishop's Cap On His Head, Sparks Outrage / Jama'atu Nasril Islam's 'History Of Jos' Lecture Sparks Outrage On Social Media / Governor Obiano's Rugged Jeans Causes Outrage On Social Media (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Almajiris Picking Food From The Ground In Gombe Sparks Outrage On Social Media by dokyOloye: 8:50pm On Feb 20, 2019
Asshurbanipal:
I live in niger state. When I see comments from people like Quotasystem here on nairaland I would rather bury my spoilt food inside the ground than put it in the dustbin for these almajiri to pick it and eat. They are already bragging how buhari will win because he is god in the north despite increasing poverty and the north being worst hit
My colleague who was a youth Corp member in Gombe state told me how the almajiris they used to feed,clothe and buy drugs for were the ones who led the post elections rioters to their houses.
After them,I still dash stuff to almajiris but I can never go out of my way to do things for them.

6 Likes

Re: Almajiris Picking Food From The Ground In Gombe Sparks Outrage On Social Media by Nobody: 8:51pm On Feb 20, 2019
seunmsg:

What about the governor of the state? The president cannot do everything. Dankwambo has been the governor of Gombe since 2011, what exactly has he done for his people?
hope you said these during GEJ'S era

3 Likes

Re: Almajiris Picking Food From The Ground In Gombe Sparks Outrage On Social Media by Shaprara: 9:07pm On Feb 20, 2019
XaintJoel20:
According to Punch Newspaper these children were seen picking foods from bare floor.
The excerpt reads
"Caption this photo.
Almajiris feeding from the bare ground after a minor accident involving a tricycle ND a food vendor at Liberty Junction, GRA, Gombe, Gombe State on Tuesday.
#Nigeriadecides #Nigeriadecides2019"
They are living within their means
Re: Almajiris Picking Food From The Ground In Gombe Sparks Outrage On Social Media by Nobody: 9:13pm On Feb 20, 2019
am not suprised at all . it has always and will keep happening in d north.
Re: Almajiris Picking Food From The Ground In Gombe Sparks Outrage On Social Media by themanderon: 9:13pm On Feb 20, 2019
These are the poor souls that would be mobilized to vote for Buhari in exchange for a plate of food but who can blame them poverty has been a very powerful weapon in the hands of the northern elites. They deploy this weapon only during elections and to cause mayhem when things don't go their way.
I have lived in the north so I know this for a fact. Those kids are just unfortunate to be born in a region where life expectancy is near to zero..

6 Likes

Re: Almajiris Picking Food From The Ground In Gombe Sparks Outrage On Social Media by 8stargeneral: 9:19pm On Feb 20, 2019
Maybe dats d free food dia president promised dem grin grin.

2 Likes

Re: Almajiris Picking Food From The Ground In Gombe Sparks Outrage On Social Media by Olawalesmarter(m): 9:26pm On Feb 20, 2019
goaldynboy:

Shut it! My friiieeend!!

YOU DIDNT READ WHERE THEY STATED THAT THE FOOD FELL FROM A 'MAMA PUT' TRANPORTING HER FOOD WITH A KEKE TRICYCLE?!!

Almajiri does worse than picking food from the ground;

Some of them eat from dust bin!

Some of them snatch food from restaurant!!

I agree with you that that's how Almajiris live, but this particular picture was staged so that it can be politicize, Children were picking food from the ground, you could not stop them and get better food for them but you brought out your Camera to Snapped them, Almajiris live that way but it is very obvious that this was particularly manipulated and staged so that it can be politicize, Nigerians are wicked and Inhuman.
Re: Almajiris Picking Food From The Ground In Gombe Sparks Outrage On Social Media by jrusky(m): 9:30pm On Feb 20, 2019
It's what the North want and God in his mercy granted them with all pleasure. Very shameless bastards. They produce the richest African man, they have be ruling and always ready to die to keep ruling Nigeria, the bloody midget animal called Hell Rufail is from that same region he can not see things like this never all he can see is to organize fulani killings now see their children eating from the ground. Very shameless people.

Jonathan administration did all they could to help these helpless children the moment he left power these useless bastards called Northern elders and politicians plus the lifeless, useless demential.president called buhari kicked against it and all Jonathan did to help these kids was shut down now see the shame it has brought.

Buhari I dey vex for you. I hate you with passion.

8 Likes

Re: Almajiris Picking Food From The Ground In Gombe Sparks Outrage On Social Media by olempe(m): 9:38pm On Feb 20, 2019
haladadon:
I asked one northerner and he said it's not Buhari decisions in Aso Rock that cause hunger. That it is God that cause hunger. I no fit argue again
shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Almajiris Picking Food From The Ground In Gombe Sparks Outrage On Social Media by HomeOfMe(f): 9:43pm On Feb 20, 2019
XaintJoel20:
According to Punch Newspaper these children were seen picking foods from bare floor.
The excerpt reads
"Caption this photo.
Almajiris feeding from the bare ground after a minor accident involving a tricycle ND a food vendor at Liberty Junction, GRA, Gombe, Gombe State on Tuesday.
#Nigeriadecides #Nigeriadecides2019"
It's so saddening that the illiterates which are more in population and the ones deciding the future of Nigeria Give them a plate of tuwo and they do whatever you ask. That's why they're used mostly to vote in the north.

4 Likes

Re: Almajiris Picking Food From The Ground In Gombe Sparks Outrage On Social Media by dokie: 10:02pm On Feb 20, 2019
sirusX:
I wonder when the North would be developed. The quota wahala just goes to show that it is a system that the government doesn't have plan on changing

There are bright children up North, which I have seen from my brief encounter in some states.

I just hope they can transcend from the past to a future where majority of the people in the North can compete globally in terms of their well-being, education and economy

Talent is evenly distributed to humans by God. The challenge is that environment and society determines the extent to which the talent manifests.

2 Likes

Re: Almajiris Picking Food From The Ground In Gombe Sparks Outrage On Social Media by Nabietonye(f): 10:14pm On Feb 20, 2019
Same minors will line up in their thousands to vote for 4+4. Let them Enjoy

2 Likes

Re: Almajiris Picking Food From The Ground In Gombe Sparks Outrage On Social Media by ubongga(m): 10:31pm On Feb 20, 2019
this 1 na normal thing 4 north Na...

2 Likes

Re: Almajiris Picking Food From The Ground In Gombe Sparks Outrage On Social Media by BENSIR: 10:45pm On Feb 20, 2019
Headquarters of poverty. I am not surprised even.

2 Likes

Re: Almajiris Picking Food From The Ground In Gombe Sparks Outrage On Social Media by Sagay212: 10:59pm On Feb 20, 2019
They keeping giving birth like pigs. Even people in war torn countries don't suffer like this. Tweh!

8 Likes

Re: Almajiris Picking Food From The Ground In Gombe Sparks Outrage On Social Media by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 20, 2019
denjjy:
If I should secure a good job after my service year here in Zamfara, I will go back to the state and consult both parentS and Government to release at least 3 of the Almajiris to me, I will relocate them to my state and fund their education from primarily school to tertiary institution. May God Almighty help me to fulfil this promise. I believe Almajiris are nation builder and bunches talents lying fallow.
I hope you're not talking of igbo land: We don't want a breed of Shekau!

4 Likes

Re: Almajiris Picking Food From The Ground In Gombe Sparks Outrage On Social Media by godox2(m): 11:08pm On Feb 20, 2019
sassysure:
I don't pity them.

My only problem is that I share the same country with them and their politicians who made them this way.

And you are among the supporters of those politicians that looted what would have been used to better their lives EG Atiku
Re: Almajiris Picking Food From The Ground In Gombe Sparks Outrage On Social Media by bumzylongs: 11:26pm On Feb 20, 2019
They celebrate poverty and illiteracy as an achievement in the north and anyone who tries to rescue them is tagged as an enemy of the north...it's unfortunately we do share the same country!!

4 Likes

Re: Almajiris Picking Food From The Ground In Gombe Sparks Outrage On Social Media by Nobody: 11:39pm On Feb 20, 2019
Nigeria is heading towards quantum ridiculousness with the crazy people she gives political powers and the crazy population explosion.

2 Likes

Re: Almajiris Picking Food From The Ground In Gombe Sparks Outrage On Social Media by MajesticIgbo(m): 11:52pm On Feb 20, 2019
krattoss:
but they produce most of our local foods,and also food is said to be cheaper over there,how come they re starved ?

These airhead northerners go around telling people how they feed the rest of Nigerians.

According to statistics, Taraba and Benue produce almost all the cash crops you see coming from the North. Nothing grows in a desert.

8 Likes

Re: Almajiris Picking Food From The Ground In Gombe Sparks Outrage On Social Media by XaintJoel20: 11:55pm On Feb 20, 2019
Emmanuel226:
i'm on my way to inec office
To do what?
Re: Almajiris Picking Food From The Ground In Gombe Sparks Outrage On Social Media by XaintJoel20: 11:57pm On Feb 20, 2019
grandstar:

How many Almajaris would have benefited from those schools? A drop in the bucket

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a step.

1 Like

Re: Almajiris Picking Food From The Ground In Gombe Sparks Outrage On Social Media by XaintJoel20: 12:04am On Feb 21, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

I agree with you that that's how Almajiris live, but this particular picture was staged so that it can be politicize, Children were picking food from the ground, you could not stop them and get better food for them but you brought out your Camera to Snapped them, Almajiris live that way but it is very obvious that this was particularly manipulated and staged so that it can be politicize, Nigerians are wicked and Inhuman.

Don't be a doubting Thomas.
Re: Almajiris Picking Food From The Ground In Gombe Sparks Outrage On Social Media by Gentleziggy(m): 12:05am On Feb 21, 2019
Th dividend of four years trial of buhari government n as for d next four years of consideration they will b eating their own excreta.anumanu angry

1 Like

Re: Almajiris Picking Food From The Ground In Gombe Sparks Outrage On Social Media by Gentleziggy(m): 12:09am On Feb 21, 2019
bumzylongs:
They celebrate poverty and illiteracy as an achievement in the north and anyone who tries to rescue them is tagged as an enemy of the north...it's unfortunately we do share the same country!!
yes u are right but there are d right thinking ones in d north who are sick n tired of all this shit believed me
Re: Almajiris Picking Food From The Ground In Gombe Sparks Outrage On Social Media by grandstar(m): 12:12am On Feb 21, 2019
XaintJoel20:

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a step.

What was needed was a cheap mass education system that was also qualitative that would have captured as many almajaris as possible

Also a school period of 3- 6years should have been the aim.

The Jonathan style Almajiri schools would have turned out like the Federal Government colleges who still only benefit a few students yearly after so many decades in existence

2 Likes

Re: Almajiris Picking Food From The Ground In Gombe Sparks Outrage On Social Media by Johnkay225: 1:07am On Feb 21, 2019
This is really bad and condemnable. We have very useless and selfish men in the place of authority.. That one is not even about region oh.. But again these almajiris are real nuisance and the poor uninformed people give birth to children they cannot cater for and push them into the streets in the name of almajiris. See the result, these same people are ready to cause mayhem and make trouble once their so called leaders tell them to. These are children who should be under the care of their parents ooh..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Almajiris Picking Food From The Ground In Gombe Sparks Outrage On Social Media by toplinetrtrend: 1:14am On Feb 21, 2019
dlondonbadboy:
SaiBaba

Since you have been saying Sai baba, all you have ever achieved is to eat from bare floor. If your child is among those almanjiri boys, will you still say this. Then maybe your head will be correct
Re: Almajiris Picking Food From The Ground In Gombe Sparks Outrage On Social Media by toplinetrtrend: 1:23am On Feb 21, 2019
Asshurbanipal:

Those guys are something else. The enlightened ones seem to love it that way for their political gain

Including the likes of seunmsg, who won't mind worshipping a tout if that tout supports his party.

He claims he is educated. Yet, his only achievement after years in a Nigerian higher institution is to sing the praises of a tout.

And one starts wondering what manner of education he has. Education that can't differentiate blindness from senses.

2 Likes

Re: Almajiris Picking Food From The Ground In Gombe Sparks Outrage On Social Media by Lugar14(m): 1:41am On Feb 21, 2019
They never see anything yet, next level they will be eating stones from the ground.

1 Like

Re: Almajiris Picking Food From The Ground In Gombe Sparks Outrage On Social Media by Nobody: 2:14am On Feb 21, 2019
Lugar14:
They never see anything yet, next level they will be eating stones from the ground.
*Nigeria's call,obey* is part of your national anthem.
What the furk is Nigeria's call ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fani- Kayode Shares New Photo Of His Girlfriend In A Swimming Pool / South Leaders To Malami: Why Is Amotekun Illegal & Hisbah Legal? / Oyo: Ajimobi Reacts As PDP’s Makinde Maintains Lead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.