Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,283 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Relocating To Bahamas - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating To Bahamas (23195 Views)

Japa To Bahamas / Cost Of Travelling To Bahamas / Is Relocating To Bahamas A Wise Decision? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocating To Bahamas by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 27, 2019
optimusprime2:

So you also think the authorities of Bahamas don't know that fact as well?
Fyi those Island countries with proximity to the US are very very strict with immigration, they wouldn't hesitate to deport at the poe if your intention of visit doesn't rhyme with what they are used to-from business to tourism, basically they do not welcome immigration (it's clearly stated on their site).

I suggest you don't go there if that's your plan, it was before and when I mean before I mean the 80's and 90's it could have worked, but not now.
Totally true. I was several times in Bahamas and even on American citizens they are very strict and checking too much.

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To Bahamas by campusblack10(m): 8:48pm On Feb 27, 2019
Angela777:

Totally true. I was several times in Bahamas and even on American citizens they are very strict and checking too much.
I sincerly acknowledge the geniue and relevent points uv raised. Am just hellbent of leaving nigeria to hustle, i blv after some years road wil pave and us connect go enter legitly afteral i wouldnt also want to go illegitly 4rm here aswell

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Bahamas by optimusprime2(m): 1:48am On Feb 28, 2019
campusblack10:
I sincerly acknowledge the geniue and relevent points uv raised. Am just hellbent of leaving nigeria to hustle, i blv after some years road wil pave and us connect go enter legitly afteral i wouldnt also want to go illegitly 4rm here aswell

Try bigger and developed countries that are used to immigration, don't risk deportation with Bahamas.

This advice I am giving you, was given to a couple of people back in the day who had your same plan but... it ended on a very sour note, they learnt the hardway.

I understand your frustration but think of a better plan, it could cost a bit in terms of time, finance and hard work but it will be worth it, but once again abort this Bahamas idea, it is not worth it.

6 Likes

Re: Relocating To Bahamas by campusblack10(m): 7:57am On Feb 28, 2019
optimusprime2:

Try bigger and developed countries that are used to immigration, don't risk deportation with Bahamas.

This advice I am giving you, was given to a couple of people back in the day who had your same plan but... it ended on a very sour note, they learnt the hardway.

I understand your frustration but think of a better plan, it could cost a bit in terms of time, finance and hard work but it will be worth it, but once again abort this Bahamas idea, it is not worth it.

u wouldnt understand me properly, do u knw i was denaied a visa at the us embassy last december. just want to take another approach, nigeria don cast it not easy to go direct to dvlpd country 4rm this shore
Re: Relocating To Bahamas by campusblack10(m): 8:40am On Feb 28, 2019
Going to developed country from nigeria has been adulterated.Lol. It thorny ,it height is embedded with elevated painstaking for hustler i mean legit hustler except those that posse up to 5-6million and got families at the shores of thier destination. Isnt moving from an underdeveloped country then climb the ladddr to the powerful countries the option of people like me? future here in naijeria is gloomy and so uncertained.
Re: Relocating To Bahamas by optimusprime2(m): 1:46pm On Feb 28, 2019
campusblack10:
u wouldnt understand me properly, do u knw i was denaied a visa at the us embassy last december. just want to take another approach, nigeria don cast it not easy to go direct to dvlpd country 4rm this shore

Bruv, the US is not the only country in the world with a pathway to immigration and even if you wanted to immigrate to the US, you should not have risked a denial with a B1/B2 visa like you did- there were other visa categories you could have explored, that would have given you a better chance... anyway that's beside the point.

There's Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Germany, Japan... to mention but a few... these countries all offer pathways to live and work there and frankly speaking, I rate some of those mentioned countries higher than the US in terms of quality of life statistically speaking and in my own opinion, however you need to evaluate your alternatives and plan properly towards a successful immigration.

I have written several posts in the travel section on how one could easily migrate to these countries "legally".

So just because you once got a denial doesn't mean you should join the bandwagon of making silly decisions, like this Bahamas idea.

Bruv, think well, plan well and immigrate well.

4 Likes

Re: Relocating To Bahamas by campusblack10(m): 2:00pm On Feb 28, 2019
mind u am not going to bahamas illegally my papper work is in view at their embssy anticipating the visa
Re: Relocating To Bahamas by campusblack10(m): 2:05pm On Feb 28, 2019
ur updates are the best brov, but me no get 3mil for acct...is staying in bahamas as one of their citizen a step back 4rm here in nigeria.
Re: Relocating To Bahamas by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 28, 2019
the problem is even to stay in Bahamas, they are not friendly to immigrants, they will deport you or even they just don't let you in at arrival. Really think better, some countries in Caribbean and Latin America are not pursuing you when you get in and overstayed and some have ways to get the residence permit. Or try to get a student visa to any country of your choice. Bahamas is only good for to visit and spend money there, not immigration friendly at all.
Re: Relocating To Bahamas by campusblack10(m): 9:46pm On Feb 28, 2019
[quote author=Angela777 post=76232583]the problem is even to stay in Bahamas, they are not friendly to immigrants, they will deport you or even they just don't let you in at arrival. Really think better, some countries in Caribbean and Latin America are not pursuing you when you get in and overstayed and some have ways to get the residence permit. Or try to get a student visa to any country of your choice. Bahamas is only good for to visit and spend money there, not immigration friendly at all.[/quote u an agent?
Re: Relocating To Bahamas by Nobody: 10:04pm On Feb 28, 2019
campusblack10:
u an agent?
Lol! Not at all. But I am an immigrant myself, twice and also I know lots about immigration, I am used to help new immigrants in USA.
Re: Relocating To Bahamas by campusblack10(m): 11:07pm On Feb 28, 2019
Angela777:

Lol! Not at all. But I am an immigrant myself, twice and also I know lots about immigration, I am used to help new immigrants in USA.
uhmm dont u help bahamas immigrant to the US?
Re: Relocating To Bahamas by Nobody: 1:44am On Mar 01, 2019
campusblack10:
uhmm dont u help bahamas immigrant to the US?
I wouldn't know how. I was volunteering with immigrants already in US, can advise about the immigration law and different visas.All I know we have our American custom in Nassau and also the sea is heavy monitored and we don't have immigrants or illegal immigrant in US, I never heard of them. From those places we have Cubans, Haiti, Dominican Republic many but not Bahamians. Probably because we have Bahamas almost as Hawai for Americans and it is very monitored for immigration.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating To Bahamas by austinelex: 12:54pm On Mar 03, 2019
Pls can one convert a visiting visa to a working visa in Bahamas help a brother i am about moving there or how can one convert a visiting Visa to a tourist visa

3 Likes

Re: Relocating To Bahamas by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 03, 2019
austinelex:
Pls can one convert a visiting visa to a working visa in Bahamas help a brother i am about moving there or how can one convert a visiting Visa to a tourist visa
Being there or before coming try to find a job and based on a job offer, your job company and a lawyer need to do working visa for you.

Any non-Bahamian national wishing to work in The Bahamas for up to 90 days must apply for a short term work permit / visa from the Department of Immigration. If the vacant position is for a period longer than this, you should apply for a long term work permit / visa.
https://www.bahamas.gov.bs/wps/portal/public/Permits/Work%20Permit/!ut/p/b1/vZDbcqJAFEW_xQ9IaGho5bFFLgKNNKBcXihRTLiKgiB8_ZiZVE1VqpJ5meScp1O191m1NxMxARPV-z572XfZud6Xb3eEYqhuCJX4BVkgXgRr1rPWK9mGqgcfgvAhAJ8MBn_8QCUY__brb35jY5iiAVWWZ3wm0A_TUmrXg4w9GsSqG4qv3WWiYnbR-UK7eGK2rm6odIqGgiebU9OmEVZ4JES_UCEeJZpKrD2BDfHpxt_ja0WN4HgbetzGd_8pD9Ah0W_zYd2TE-BOQymTaxDrY5hqiuer28OwxarPcnlROtfS6jYWq0dTol88uQtRBDtTy1nYL3Bd-n79Mpu9Z_4i1D8685noy1qQ8C74olZLO1cpEz5k88_-aLbAeEwA-NjNx2Y9FZOTg7tu5Uub5MYAZHB3c5NaiUJIt2dduTNYbwu8PLKJtySk4CbPsu3jztku8SqFhFgfgRvOewNKLDK2AnAp_93ADwmFHwey316pwcEH0ISmtZBYALmfBv7_hDoTZUn1PByqZ_CMRBEiIDw4IgILlmN2-RbNpVbHsj3sqhFaSQXqLFuf3TSNnGyuu3Te3_3AuicxdKWhvaahQngiJRM7cRgvm4ga8JhlohOd2za0qKSh1SXzTLs4Ksrqqrm95hOxCF8dXMb6AEfwVBA-rA9NGwgI5_WcgFZwmr25q-Vbb-dCkA2mFI98wdLxdTcpsbRCo7UsT_lR6QpF2-O0fbntxKsY43NfkPPpnNB8c-qWY6kvVDpjmmrbm8hZWKe_S_Bs9gu01Lb4/dl4/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Bahamas by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 03, 2019
The immigration laws of the Bahamas are known for being rather strict. ... In general, it is not possible for a foreigner to secure a work permit for a position which can easily be filled by a skilled Bahamian citizen. Thus, it is virtually impossible to land any job that does not require higher education.

Bahamas jobs
https://www.indeed.com/q-Bahamas-jobs.html

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To Bahamas by Semisolasola: 6:27pm On Mar 03, 2019

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Bahamas by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 03, 2019
Semisolasola:
Brother,try Mexico or Brazil..I tell you ,you won’t have regrets..teaching job is very lucrative in this countries ..search for the Mexico link on the travel thread.. a guy gave an extensive update about it

Best wishes
Teaching English in Latin countries, true. You can advertise and give private classes from the day 1.
Also for to get a legal residence, are good Ecuador and Dominican Republic, they accept immigrant for residence more easy than others.
Re: Relocating To Bahamas by Semisolasola: 6:47pm On Mar 03, 2019
D
Angela777:

Teaching English in Latin countries, true. You can advertise and give private classes from the day 1.
Also for to get a legal residence, are good Ecuador and Dominican Republic, they accept immigrant for residence more easy than others.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Bahamas by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 04, 2019
Semisolasola:
You are very right..I gave birth to my fourth child in Brazil and I really loved the country..it’s free for all..there are blacks and there are mestizos..the population is huge and if possible one can marry a Brazilian and life will be very very easy..expecting my fifth child and Mexico is my next stop.. grin
Anchor babies? Before to go and give them birth nationality, check which passport gives more good countries travelling with no visa, good passport may help them in the future to go to live or study abroad or both but try some English speaking country next time, your child growing up as Mexican or Brazilian but not speaking the language, wouldn't help well.
Re: Relocating To Bahamas by optimusprime2(m): 1:02am On Mar 05, 2019
austinelex:

Brov, I have sounded this alert till I am tired.

Bahamas has about 400,000 people in population. So in essence, everybody knows everyone, because It's a small Island country.

Unless you are a well renowned medical doctor, approved by their government then you can be allowed to practice there, otherwise "There are NO jobs for foreigners" in fact the moment you are found trying to convert your visa, you will most likely be deported (Assuming you were allowed to enter the country in the first place) because the immigration is very strict.

At the POE your accomodation would be verified by the immigration- either your hotel or host would be contacted to confirm your lodging otherwise you would be deported.

Your BTA would be verified and you must be with a minimum of 1000usd otherwise you would be deported, you must also present your return ticket to the immigration otherwise deportation... and lastly your Nigerian passport would attract heavy scrutinization by immigration officials in the Bahamas especially if you are a single young man.

The only way to remain legal in Bahamas is through marriage, otherwise it's literally impossible to flip a visa in the Bahamas.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Bahamas by Semisolasola: 10:04am On Mar 05, 2019
Angela777:

Anchor babies? Before to go and give them birth nationality, check which passport gives more good countries travelling with no visa, good passport may help them in the future to go to live or study abroad or both but try some English speaking country next time, your child growing up as Mexican or Brazilian but not speaking the language, wouldn't help well.
Re: Relocating To Bahamas by austinelex: 3:25pm On Mar 05, 2019
Helloo house can one use a visiting Visa in Bahamas to travel to the US or Brazil or would one covert the visa type for him to travel
Re: Relocating To Bahamas by Beautyaddy: 4:29pm On Mar 05, 2019
austinelex:
Helloo house can one use a visiting Visa in Bahamas to travel to the US or Brazil or would one covert the visa type for him to travel

No.

A visiting visa to the Bahamas will not be converted to a visiting visa to the US or Brazil in the Bahamas.

3 Likes

Re: Relocating To Bahamas by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 05, 2019
Semisolasola:
No,you can’t tell me what to do or what no to do..I have five kids..my first is American,second is Canadian,third is a Barbados citizen,fourth is Brazilian and he fifth will be Mexican..what has English speaking countries gat to Do with birth tourism..is it too much if I want them to be bilingual or multilingual..you haven’t been to any of those non English speaking countries yet you act like you know a lot about them..FYI there are a lot of English speakers in the said country..English is more like the second official language father the official language and local language and trust me language barrier is the least of any problem in those countries..you should be the one to do your research on the aforementioned countries
Lol, lady, I traveled all over the world and lived in many countries, I speak 9 languages and some of them at the professional and native level, I did business in many countries with many governments too, now retired. But it's ok, disregard my advice and do what housewives do, making anchor babies. Enjoy, apparently you know all better.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Relocating To Bahamas by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 05, 2019
Beautyaddy:

No.
A visiting visa to the Bahamas will not be converted to a visiting visa to the US or Brazil in the Bahamas.
True. For to get US or Brazil visa you need to be a legal resident in Bahamas or to go back to your country to apply for visa there.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Bahamas by Semisolasola: 10:51pm On Mar 05, 2019
cheesy
Angela777:

Lol, lady, I traveled all over the world and lived in many countries, I speak 9 languages and some of them at the professional and native level, I did business in many countries with many governments too, now retired. But it's ok, disregard my advice and do what housewives do, making anchor babies. Enjoy, apparently you know all better.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Bahamas by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 05, 2019
Semisolasola:
I hurt you so bad.. cheesy grin if I like I go to Japan e no concern you,if you like travel to space e no concern me...it’s not your money,it’s not your children,it’s not your time,it’s not your energy,it’s not your visa..you have travelled to over nine countries,did anybody question you? I have my kids all over your bp is high..you never jam cheesy cheesy
No, I am not hurt. I just see your lack of knowledge, I tried to help yet as I see you know it all. No point to bother myself. Good luck anchoring babies.

7 Likes

Re: Relocating To Bahamas by Beautyaddy: 11:53pm On Mar 05, 2019
Angela777:
the problem is even to stay in Bahamas, they are not friendly to immigrants, they will deport you or even they just don't let you in at arrival. Really think better, some countries in Caribbean and Latin America are not pursuing you when you get in and overstayed and some have ways to get the residence permit. Or try to get a student visa to any country of your choice. Bahamas is only good for to visit and spend money there, not immigration friendly at all.

It just dawned on me that Bahama citizens are majority blacks...and to know that they are not immigrant friendly, that is shocking to say the least.

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To Bahamas by BusinessHub1: 11:58pm On Mar 05, 2019
Semisolasola:
I hurt you so bad.. cheesy grin if I like I go to Japan e no concern you,if you like travel to space e no concern me...it’s not your money,it’s not your children,it’s not your time,it’s not your energy,it’s not your visa..you have travelled to over nine countries,did anybody question you? I have my kids all over your bp is high..you never jam cheesy cheesy
Oh my goodness! So women are like this? Shake head!

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Bahamas by BusinessHub1: 12:02am On Mar 06, 2019
Angela777:

No, I am not hurt. I just see your lack of knowledge, I tried to help yet as I see you know it all. No point to bother myself. Good luck anchoring babies.
I’m surprised she picked offense in what you posted with no single elements of abuse or scorn and still went ahead to attack you tho much. Please ignore her.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Makurdi-port Harcourt Rail Line Opens For Commuters - Channelstv / Young Man Dies In Auto Crash 4 Days After Announcing His Admission Into UNIPORT / Trailer Tumbles And Falls At Alapere Lagos (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.