Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos (58921 Views)

Fulani Militias Kill 12 Persons In An Attack On Benue Community (graphic Photos) / Amina Abubakar-Bello Accused Of Selling Borehole Water To Residents / See What Soldiers Did To Ambulance Carrying Casualties From The Lekki Toll Gate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by edufreshy(m): 10:08pm On Feb 23, 2019
2015 was not like this because one man said his ambition is not worth d blood of any Nigerian. But now a power thirsty man is working effortlessly to remain in power even when the gods and people of the land have rejected him. So sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by Basher8583: 10:10pm On Feb 23, 2019
smithyemy:
I live in ph. Soldiers went inside a compound as early as 6am and started shooting sporadically and kills many people . Did they snatch ballot boxes? The answer is NO. BALLOT boxes and papers arrived river state around 2 and 3pm today. So what has people they went to their house and killed, 6a.m did?

But why now.
You know you are lying
Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 23, 2019
Dame Patience, Wike and Amaechi should all be arrested.
Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by mechanics(m): 10:24pm On Feb 23, 2019
Ogaemmy:
cryLord God, may the evil doers never go unpunished.
For those who missed out
Watch highlight of the election below:
See the moment Celebrities and others casted their votes in the 2019 general election, and all the ballot snatching and fighting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MSg9FBfCmk
Amen, I saw the part where President Buhari peeped into his wife's ballot paper.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by ecstasy357(m): 10:28pm On Feb 23, 2019
drey076:
It is well

But wike and Jonathan did almost the same to APC supporters in 2015.

Pls receive sense in Jesus name

Amen!

Na human lives u dey refer to as "but dem do same in 2015."
Be thankful ya not a victim

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by Ssbets: 10:29pm On Feb 23, 2019
See prove of our latest winnings below

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by Nobody: 10:30pm On Feb 23, 2019
Anyone that still supports APC after what happened today is Confused.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by Cheeryfeet: 10:34pm On Feb 23, 2019
drey076:
It is well

But wike and Jonathan did almost the same to APC supporters in 2015.
You are a very deranged human being, so they use be using innocent citizens life to settle scores. Thunder fire you. They will use you next idiot?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by gonkin(m): 10:50pm On Feb 23, 2019
U see why I always sit at home during elections. I was a child when my neighbour's son was shot and merely escaped death during an election. Since then wetin concern me and vote.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by prophetic69(m): 10:53pm On Feb 23, 2019
Scam between life and death na facebook share dey ur mind....all dis PDP fake stories hmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by TinaG(f): 10:58pm On Feb 23, 2019
Amaechi hope you are happy now that you have wasted innocent souls. what a country!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by Masterppower: 11:00pm On Feb 23, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Amaechi and Wike should be sent to International Criminal Court (ICC).

You are sick.

Buhari sent soldiers to kill Nigerians and you people were hailing him.

Why mention wike name?

Call wikes name again and I will use you for experiment
Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by DerideGull(m): 11:03pm On Feb 23, 2019
Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by DerideGull(m): 11:06pm On Feb 23, 2019
Gossiplover:
Read as shared by Facebook user, David-Jack Aribima.

I neither snatched a ballot box nor threatened the life of any citizen. I had only stood, shocked by what these power thirsty men have turned our land into—this theatre of war. Before my eyes three bodies, soaked in blood, were lugged to the alleyway were I stood. The guns rattled close by, and I fled with the many other people who ran for their lives.

A gang of boys camouflaged in military outfits, heavily guarded by armoured cars and men of the Nigerian military, trooped down the road, shooting directly into the town and at anyone who was suspected to be a member of the PDP.

I sprawled on the ground in a makeshift bar I had found at the waterside where I had run to when the shooting became very intense. The armies followed, shooting directly at citizens who had come out expecting to see an election, but now face their death sentence. Peering through spaces between ground and wooden walls, I saw people, many people bleeding from their necks and backs and bellies and jumping into the river.

I was there, lying on that temporal space between life and death, still trying to post on a news on my Facebook wall when a trudge drew closer, matched the wooden wall down and cracked a gun to my head.

At this point, I knew it had finally happened. We had earlier heard the news of their plan to incarcerate members of the PDP before the elections. Although they had no been very successful at this plan, early this morning, the Secretary to the Akuku-Toru Local Government Council was pick up from his house under very severe torture.

I quickly taped the SHARE function on my phone screen to post what I had written in wait of what might happen.

"I have been arrested by men of the Nigerian military. I don't know what will happen next," it read.

Why some people found it difficult to believe this news and chose to make jest of it on my wall, is what I still struggle to understand. Does the news sound like a scam or an attempt for one to score some cheap popularity? I do not think so. I think of it rather as a measure taken for my security.

Five military officers arrested me. They had riffles, daggers and another young man who begged mercilessly for his life. The boy had also been apprehended from a room where he was hiding for his life.

"I from this compound o," he begged. "Na as them they shoot for our house, na'im make I run come hide for here."

I brought out my voters card quickly to identify myself as did also the man. But it was only a waste of time as the army officers snatched our PVCs without any effort for identification.

We were moved to a compound belonging to an APC stalwart. Here, we were to be identified by APC members for what I knew would be an implication.

"Ehem! See am there," a young raised an accusation on our entrance into the yard. He was obviously pointing at me. " Him follow. Na them be the boys."

What follow were strokes of koboko. Slaps. And a teargassing of my eyes until I heard a voice from afar.

"No no no, it said."

" Leave this one..."

"I know him..."

"He's not one of them."

I ran as fast as the soldiers booted my back and buttocks.

I did not bother to say anything to the men who ordered for my beating or the man who saved my life this evening.

But I recognized the voice that said, "Leave this one." It was of a man who comes from this place and knows me to be of this land. It was the voice of the land.

The land does not consume its own.

We will overcome!

This is Boko Haram style. If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.
Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by phase1: 11:12pm On Feb 23, 2019
Amaechi continue killing your people for the dullard. You'll bear the consequences one day.

Judas of Ubima!

Ekwensu!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by Fourwinds: 11:12pm On Feb 23, 2019
Dark days

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by Fourwinds: 11:13pm On Feb 23, 2019
prophetic69:
Scam between life and death na facebook share dey ur mind....all dis PDP fake stories hmmmmmm
shut up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by IkpuMmadu: 11:26pm On Feb 23, 2019
It is just a disgrace being in NIGERIAN ARMY ! How can you show muscles and power to armless civilians without guns ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by OgbeniSamm(m): 12:56am On Feb 24, 2019
This write up doesn't look like one written under pressure. It's 70% lies

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by inereunwa1(m): 1:31am On Feb 24, 2019
this is the reason why sometimes when I heard that Nigerian army are being massacred I don't feel sorry for them because they too act like bokoharam!! how can a serving military kill, maim, or rape it's citizens at slightest provocation??
Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by sakssey23: 1:38am On Feb 24, 2019
Josh44s:

You and millions of Nigerians don’t just get it. Our forefathers and founders of this nation made a great error we can never erase and that error is allowing the Fulanis migrants into Nigeria. They are like HIV virus. Once you get it, you are gonna leave with it for the rest of your life. Even the Hausas have been conquered by the fulanis. The worse is yet to come. Nigerians will see the true color of fulanis in the next 4yrs.

I done talk my own tire set. The youths are blindly acting loyal to people who don't see their loyalty. The Northerners are the ones spoiling this country and the West, South, East are just not seeing it. Youths wake up!!
Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by Contactibro(m): 1:46am On Feb 24, 2019
Gossiplover:
Read as shared by Facebook user, David-Jack Aribima.

I neither snatched a ballot box nor threatened the life of any citizen. I had only stood, shocked by what these power thirsty men have turned our land into—this theatre of war. Before my eyes three bodies, soaked in blood, were lugged to the alleyway were I stood. The guns rattled close by, and I fled with the many other people who ran for their lives.

A gang of boys camouflaged in military outfits, heavily guarded by armoured cars and men of the Nigerian military, trooped down the road, shooting directly into the town and at anyone who was suspected to be a member of the PDP.

I sprawled on the ground in a makeshift bar I had found at the waterside where I had run to when the shooting became very intense. The armies followed, shooting directly at citizens who had come out expecting to see an election, but now face their death sentence. Peering through spaces between ground and wooden walls, I saw people, many people bleeding from their necks and backs and bellies and jumping into the river.

I was there, lying on that temporal space between life and death, still trying to post on a news on my Facebook wall when a trudge drew closer, matched the wooden wall down and cracked a gun to my head.

At this point, I knew it had finally happened. We had earlier heard the news of their plan to incarcerate members of the PDP before the elections. Although they had no been very successful at this plan, early this morning, the Secretary to the Akuku-Toru Local Government Council was pick up from his house under very severe torture.

I quickly taped the SHARE function on my phone screen to post what I had written in wait of what might happen.

"I have been arrested by men of the Nigerian military. I don't know what will happen next," it read.

Why some people found it difficult to believe this news and chose to make jest of it on my wall, is what I still struggle to understand. Does the news sound like a scam or an attempt for one to score some cheap popularity? I do not think so. I think of it rather as a measure taken for my security.

Five military officers arrested me. They had riffles, daggers and another young man who begged mercilessly for his life. The boy had also been apprehended from a room where he was hiding for his life.

"I from this compound o," he begged. "Na as them they shoot for our house, na'im make I run come hide for here."

I brought out my voters card quickly to identify myself as did also the man. But it was only a waste of time as the army officers snatched our PVCs without any effort for identification.

We were moved to a compound belonging to an APC stalwart. Here, we were to be identified by APC members for what I knew would be an implication.

"Ehem! See am there," a young raised an accusation on our entrance into the yard. He was obviously pointing at me. " Him follow. Na them be the boys."

What follow were strokes of koboko. Slaps. And a teargassing of my eyes until I heard a voice from afar.

"No no no, it said."

" Leave this one..."

"I know him..."

"He's not one of them."

I ran as fast as the soldiers booted my back and buttocks.

I did not bother to say anything to the men who ordered for my beating or the man who saved my life this evening.

But I recognized the voice that said, "Leave this one." It was of a man who comes from this place and knows me to be of this land. It was the voice of the land.

The land does not consume its own.

We will overcome!

u people will not say Wat happened for real all u know how to do is give the military a bad image did u forget to put dat ur community opened fire at a military van killing one and wounded two odas ..stop dis before the spirit of the dead follow u

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by kingzleey: 3:10am On Feb 24, 2019
I thought the same.

I am for Atiku sha

OgbeniSamm:
This write up doesn't look like one written under pressure. It's 70% lies
Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by Dino98: 4:54am On Feb 24, 2019
obembet:
Thank God there is no APC governorship candidate in rivers. So next week will go well

Go well ke...

Don't you get it?? The APC av vowed to turn Rivers upside down if they are not on the ballot.

I know many people want to believe this is not APC but it is....the military/police were under their control and they did with them as they pleased. Military that's meant to safeguard the lives of Nigerians, used against Nigerians. When the president stood on national tv and gave the military a "shoot to kill" order, we complained; that order was just the excuse they needed. Now they killed innocent people and tagged them as people who wanted to disrupt elections.

Ameachi has vowed not to back down peaceful....and he is willing and ready to kill the people of rivers state to prove his point. Wike and Magnus Humiliated him and as the proud man that he is...he will never let them have the last laugh. That's Ameachi for u...
Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by prophetic69(m): 6:38am On Feb 24, 2019
Fourwinds:
shut up
Fooooooooool
Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by pedrilo: 7:49am On Feb 24, 2019
All in a bid to reduce the number of PDP votes from rivers.
Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by banio: 8:43am On Feb 24, 2019
tgmservice:
Me die because i the what to vote

Tufiakwa

Guy, sometimes the army or bad boys will shoot sporadically into a queue at the polling unit. Except U didn't go out on the said election day, otherwise . . .

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by Techguyz(m): 8:50am On Feb 24, 2019
This is what you get when you misbehave with soldiers. Nonsense!!! angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Obi Visits Egypt To Study Their System / Wike Mocks Atiku, PDP Leaders Over Protest At INEC Office (Video) / Dino Melaye Buys A 2015 Slingshot - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.