Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (597893 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Magma012: 2:39pm On Apr 04, 2019
chimax1:
please when did you apply?
Two weeks to the deadline.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by honourableseyi: 2:40pm On Apr 04, 2019
Chriswazo:

13 days actually sir grin cheesy

Shalom!

Yeah exactly. Thank you for that. Shalom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by tsmith1(m): 2:50pm On Apr 04, 2019
Mediarush:

Sure...sent you a pm

@Mediarush, I did send you a mail. if you didn't get it, drop your no or email contact here.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Dutchkid: 2:56pm On Apr 04, 2019
heybaby12:

Sorry dear, just seeing this. I am in Nigeria.
Wish I saw it sooner. Have you settled in yet? If not Buzz me
Yes dear..
Just started my enrollment..
Bring Fresh egusi and ogbono for me.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DrND(m): 2:57pm On Apr 04, 2019
Looks like the German embassy is on serious AM leave oh.

No AM for the pass few days.

What is happening?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by honourableseyi: 3:02pm On Apr 04, 2019
DuruCee:

Chairman how long have you been in Germany? You better ask questions. What I even wrote is worse for us that are from third world countries.
In the job market, Germans are considered first. And if they can't find a German(which is a long shot) they look for a fellow European before others are considered.
They are giving you that free education so you can go back and develop your country and not stay here and drag job. Technology transfer.
And let's assume you are too good and they decide to keep you. You from a Fachhochschulen is considered lower than one from a university.

Take it or leave it.

Always read to learn and understand not read to reply or trying to be right. There is nothing like discrimination in the job market between University and Hoschule students as far as Germany is concerned. This is not Nigeria. There is nothing worst for anybody from 3rd world countries regarding jobs if you do what you are supposed to do at the right time. Germans are considered first, followed by the Europeans because that is the law of the land. It has nothing to do with disparity or school you graduated from. German Government made the law to protect its citizens. Also, European citizens have nearly the same right as the German citizens in most areas of life. Despite this law, people are getting jobs after study. In fact are you aware that companies in Germany are now hiring workers (without German Education) all over the world even from Nigeria? Also, I have friends that have graduated here in both University and Hoschule and have gotten permanent jobs. Stop confusing people on what you have little or no knowledge of and change your orientation that graduates from one University are tagged less intelligent than the others. This is a fallacy and has no element of truth. Finally, they are not giving you free Education in order to go back to your country after study, otherwise, they wouldn't have made a room for 18 months post study resident permit for you to look for a job in Germany. They would have said once you graduate, take the next flight just like the UK. They are giving free Education to attract professionals into their country to boost their economy and also prevent their social program from breaking down. Shalom

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by honourableseyi: 3:10pm On Apr 04, 2019
Blastedholligan:
Hello Guys, can one do masters with PGD?

Yes, it is possible. Shalom
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by arro: 3:31pm On Apr 04, 2019
i really need help now please, i have my proficiency letter from school thru one of my school lecturer, but not stamped because the stamp is only allowed by the registrar and my reference letter from office too was from my direct boss, no stamp too since the stamp is only for official usage, but i have authenticated my documents from ministry of education and high court and i also have my result evaluated by the world evaluation service.
please am really lost here is anyone going for msc in social science here, i want us to rob mind together please, am planing to study peace and conflict, international relation or any related field please?[color=#990000]
[/color]
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by clintonsparkz(m): 3:54pm On Apr 04, 2019
Magma012:
Please house just received this... How are my chances of getting admitted

Dear ........

This year again we had many more applications than available places in the "Applied & Environmental Geoscience" Master program.

We are writing to inform you that you have been given a place on the WAITING LIST for the program starting in October 2019.
But to be honest we should mention that, with respect to your position on the waiting list, chances for you to get a place are small.

In order to keep the processing time for waiting list candidates at a minimum, we need to know whether you would accept a place in case selected. Please confirm this with a short reply to aeg.msc@ifg.uni-tuebingen.de until April 30.

If you have any questions let us know.

Best regards,
Monika
I think what they meant is, there are first batch of admission currently, subsequently if any one doesn't accept the admission, they will pick from the waiting list, although the admission might come but might not come early... hope u applied for other schools, so u can attend your interview pending when the admission drops.

Goodluck
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by chimax1(m): 3:58pm On Apr 04, 2019
honourableseyi:

Always read to learn and understand not read to reply or trying to be right. There is nothing like discrimination in the job market between University and Hoschule students as far as Germany is concerned. This is not Nigeria. There is nothing worst for anybody from 3rd world countries regarding jobs if you do what you are supposed to do at the right time. Germans are considered first, followed by the Europeans because that is the law of the land. It has nothing to do with disparity or school you graduated from. German Government made the law to protect its citizens. Also, European citizens have nearly the same right as the German citizens in most areas of life. Despite this law, people are getting jobs after study. In fact are you aware that companies in Germany are now hiring workers (without German Education) all over the world even from Nigeria? Also, I have friends that have graduated here in both University and Hoschule and have gotten permanent jobs. Stop confusing people on what you have little or no knowledge of and change your orientation that graduates from one University are tagged less intelligent than the others. This is a fallacy and has no element of truth. Finally, they are not giving you free Education in order to go back to your country after study, otherwise, they wouldn't have made a room for 18 months post study resident permit for you to look for a job in Germany. They would have said once you graduate, take the next flight just like the UK. They are giving free Education to attract professionals into their country to boost their economy and also prevent their social program from breaking down. Shalom
well said as always!

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by chimax1(m): 3:59pm On Apr 04, 2019
PstTobi:
I applied at Aachen on the 21st of February and a friend also applied on the 23rd of February for the same course (Applied geosciences), but in our applications my own general entry requirements has not been ticked but his own has been ticked, and he applied after me.
Please house help me am so dumbfounded
you better go and apply to other schools
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Adhheir: 4:03pm On Apr 04, 2019
honourableseyi:

Kai! this your reply sweet me i had to quote it all!
More anointing Sire...you sef take the shalom you've been giving us...God bless you men!

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Basalt(m): 5:05pm On Apr 04, 2019
Magma012:
Cgpa ----- 3.82

For the motivation I did my best.

Ur gp ist gut.

U are likely gonna get admission if your motivational letter is gut too
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Basalt(m): 5:09pm On Apr 04, 2019
DrND:

What is happening?

Am for summer is on the late side now as most summer semester will start on April.
Winter AM is still early so make una chill
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by oli19937: 5:36pm On Apr 04, 2019
Waleebony:
Good evening house, I did submit my passport,sl,.and travel health insurance since the 25th of Feb.i have sent countless mails and calls nothing defined as actually come out of it from the consulate, school.has resumed already. What does one do at this point .
Good evening bro..Any news from the embassy yet?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Ketu223(m): 5:39pm On Apr 04, 2019
Hello my people... Pls who go help me remove this depression on me by helping me book appointment,I have been on it for the past three weeks,dem no reply my mail.even the online date no show me face ooo...abeg make una help me ..
Make my school fees no waste oo
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Ketu223(m): 5:41pm On Apr 04, 2019
Hello my people... Pls who go help me remove this depression on me by helping me book appointment,I have been on it for the past three weeks,dem no reply my mail.even the online date no show me face ooo...abeg make una help me ..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 04, 2019
honourableseyi:

Everything you typed here clearly shows you are JJC .
You don't know anything and just running your mouth.
I can't be arguing with a student.

The earlier you drop this naivety and clear your eyes the better for you, if not you will spend years in Europe with nothing to show for it.

Like I always say, if you no sabi, ask question.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nonsoanthony(m): 6:21pm On Apr 04, 2019
New on the thread, want to thank guys here for this great information here..am a winter 2019 hopeful..together we all make it to DE

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by MarkGud(m): 6:28pm On Apr 04, 2019
OMOZ1:

From Federal Ministry of Education, Abuja and is just #500 but you must authenticate your credentials before you can request for it, just go with 5k for everything and make sure you do the three photocopies of each of your credentials and also go with your international Passport .

I did it in Abuja because am staying there, so you can try State min of edu in where you stay.

which of the credentials are to be authenticated? and how before you got the letter of proficiency?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Obinnafrancis(m): 6:42pm On Apr 04, 2019
Larrylrkay:
My journey to DE was very smooth and full of experience. My flight with Egypt Air was quite an interesting one. We had layover at Cairo and we were checked into a five star hotel with complementary dinner and breakfast.

On arrival, i was received by someone on this group who is housing and taking me around just to Make sure I have a stress free moment here.

Received by someone on this group?wow..... Nigerians are good. Honestly I love that line....... All the best guys. I hope to join you guys this Winter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by BayoMiller: 6:44pm On Apr 04, 2019
Basalt:

Am for winter is on the late side now as most summer semester will start on April.

We are still talking about summer AM, Has winter finish getting admission that they'll be waiting for AM?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DrND(m): 6:51pm On Apr 04, 2019
Basalt:

Am for winter is on the late side now as most summer semester will start on April.

I was referring to summer AM. A handful of people are still waiting but just observed that for a while now nobody has testified.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dguyindcorner(m): 7:03pm On Apr 04, 2019
Annestacia:
[bl33d:
For those that have taken ielts exams, is the address below a genuine one to register?

https://www.ielts.org/book-a-test/how-do-i-register

Use idp instead https://idpielts.me/
it's 68,000 while British council is 75,000 so you get to save 7,000.

Why the disparity in cost if I may ask? Is one more recognized than others?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by johnnycares(m): 7:22pm On Apr 04, 2019
I applied for visa by February..
And given an appointment by ending of April.
So.the school suggested to talk to the embassy,for an earlier date,so that I can meet up for enrollment..the issue is,I.don't know If such a think.Can be done in Nigeria,asking for an earlier date.
That is why i said if I mail them,they might think am desperate,course I was not the.only one that has that situation,my mate also has thesend same issue but they gave him an earlier appointment (in Chile)
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dguyindcorner(m): 7:39pm On Apr 04, 2019
Gurus in the house, I am here again.
A friend would like to go for her M.sc in either Germany or Finland. She studied Estate Management (Bsc) with 3.6cgpa Nigerian scale. She is however considering going for Economics for her Masters.
What is her chance and if she has no chance what related courses can she possibly go for?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dguyindcorner(m): 7:39pm On Apr 04, 2019
ajeleseujn:

I enroll for a class. Other resources will surely help along the line, but not as much as a one-on-one conversation.

Noted.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Opinionator: 8:01pm On Apr 04, 2019
DrND:

What is happening?

It's no longer funny. I seriously pray we experience AM rain tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by HillX(m): 8:15pm On Apr 04, 2019
OMOZ1:

I was the one that made mistakes, I certify my documents with both Notary public and High Court stamp so after Unit-assist complained I later used only Notary public, they also complained about my English proficiency that I collected from my University which it wasn't detail by my University no period of studies there, just mention the graduated year, so I quickly collected another one from Federal Ministry of Education which was details from elementary school to University it even said English is an official Language in Nigeria.
I certifies both B.Sc. Certificate and English as a Medium of instructions by only Notary Public and I re-sent it which was accepted by Uni-assist.

Please try to know where you made mistake or read the mail they sent to you and do the necessary thing.

Thank you Brother mine was transcript and BSc cert.
And yet is same certification use for proficiency letter and waec. Those people are just doing whatever they like. Treating our applications with disdain on top €75.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by keezoomaan: 8:25pm On Apr 04, 2019
Opinionator:

It's no longer funny. I seriously pray we experience AM rain tomorrow.

Amen.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by chimax1(m): 8:30pm On Apr 04, 2019
DuruCee:

Everything you typed here clearly shows you are JJC .
You don't know anything and just running your mouth.
I can't be arguing with a student.

The earlier you drop this naivety and clear your eyes the better for you, if not you will spend years in Europe with nothing to show for it.

Like I always say, if you no sabi, ask question.
eem Oga! This is a student thread so obviously you will be arguing with students. I know your giving your own views but negetive vibes about DE like this may put prospective students off track. Everyone has his/her own path, your experiences and views may vary from another person's so that does not make yours superior. @honourableseyi is an invaluable member of this thread and his contributions here are priceless, something I cannot say about you (no offence). Germany is offering what our country can't offer so why not!! We shall see for ourselves!

7 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by bl33d(m): 8:53pm On Apr 04, 2019
arro:
i really need help now please, i have my proficiency letter from school thru one of my school lecturer, but not stamped because the stamp is only allowed by the registrar and my reference letter from office too was from my direct boss, no stamp too since the stamp is only for official usage, but i have authenticated my documents from ministry of education and high court and i also have my result evaluated by the world evaluation service.
please am really lost here is anyone going for msc in social science here, i want us to rob mind together please, am planing to study peace and conflict, international relation or any related field please?[color=#990000]
[/color]
have you checked peace and conflict studies in Magdeburg?

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.