Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

What Is Ur Opinion On Dating A Very Close Friend Of Ur Ex - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Ur Opinion On Dating A Very Close Friend Of Ur Ex (2537 Views)

Ur Ex Offers U This Toilet Seat / Why Did U Break Up With Ur Ex? / Wat Was D Last Thing U Said To Ur Ex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Ur Opinion On Dating A Very Close Friend Of Ur Ex by olawaleseun(m): 10:17pm On Feb 25, 2019
Good evening fellow romancelanders, I'm really troubled as per the level of societal acceptability regarding me going into a serious relationship with the bestie of my immediate sex. This is the summary of the whole story

I and my Ex parted ways last year December, though on a peaceful and a mutual ground. We dated for 3 years and 3 months but we had to break up Cox of the irreconcilable differences in our school of thought. That been iterated, I realized that all of a sudden I started having feelings for my Ex's bestie. I informed my ex about it and due to the TRUST we were able to build BTW us while together, she was able to understand that my reasons are real and genuine, and thats actually true. She approved that it ain't a biggie thus giving me the go ahead.I and my Ex actually practiced a celibate relationship Cox of our mutual blv in the NO SEX B4 MARRIAGE IDEOLOGY(Relogious reason though)

Now my question is, What's ur personal sincere view on approaching the Bestie of ur Ex for a relationship meant toead to marriage, though the odds of her accepting is Very High...
P. S I am a masters student while they're both final year students (Same school)
Re: What Is Ur Opinion On Dating A Very Close Friend Of Ur Ex by HarunaWest(m): 10:23pm On Feb 25, 2019
olawaleseun:
Good evening fellow romancelanders, I'm really troubled as per the level of societal acceptability regarding me going into a serious relationship with the bestie of my immediate sex. This is the summary of the whole story

I and my Ex parted ways last year December, though on a peaceful and a mutual ground. We dated for 3 years and 3 months but we had to break up Cox of the irreconcilable differences in our school of thought. That been iterated, I realized that all of a sudden I started having feelings for my Ex's bestie. I informed my ex about it and due to the TRUST we were able to build BTW us while together, she was able to understand that my reasons are real and genuine, and thats actually true. She approved that it ain't a biggie thus giving me the go ahead.I and my Ex actually practiced a celibate relationship Cox of our mutual blv in the NO SEX B4 MARRIAGE IDEOLOGY(Relogious reason though)

Now my question is, What's ur personal sincere view on approaching the Bestie of ur Ex for a relationship meant toead to marriage, though the odds of her accepting is Very High...
P. S I am a masters student while they're both final year students (Same school)
Me am dating both Bae and her Bestie....Bae doesn't know. Bestie approached me and the rest was history. And everyone is quite Happy...Buh bae is bae...
Re: What Is Ur Opinion On Dating A Very Close Friend Of Ur Ex by olawaleseun(m): 10:24pm On Feb 25, 2019
Baba Na u ooo, I can't try that bro
Re: What Is Ur Opinion On Dating A Very Close Friend Of Ur Ex by LisaAnne(f): 10:26pm On Feb 25, 2019
shey girls have finished in this world?
Its now your ex's bestie you're falling for

2 Likes

Re: What Is Ur Opinion On Dating A Very Close Friend Of Ur Ex by olawaleseun(m): 10:32pm On Feb 25, 2019
LisaAnne:
shey girls have finished in this world?
Its now your ex's bestie you're falling for

I get ur point.. Just felt she's the perfect description of MY DREAM GIRL and info from my Ex also shows that I ticked 70% the RIGHT boxes in her requirements too
Re: What Is Ur Opinion On Dating A Very Close Friend Of Ur Ex by clive2u(m): 10:45pm On Feb 25, 2019
revenge served hot
Re: What Is Ur Opinion On Dating A Very Close Friend Of Ur Ex by olawaleseun(m): 11:20pm On Feb 25, 2019
[quote author=clive2u post=76126614]revenge served hot[/quo
I don't understand u bro
Re: What Is Ur Opinion On Dating A Very Close Friend Of Ur Ex by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 25, 2019
grin why are u explaining to us dat u did not chop ur ex when dating hercheesy? Abi u dey fear make guys here no attack u based on say u don chop ur ex 's kpomo belleful u want to taste her best friend as wellcheesy? Anyway d choice is urscheesy. After u don chop ur ex's best friend u can chop her sister or cousin ...na ur choicecheesy.awon wereycheesy.

1 Like

Re: What Is Ur Opinion On Dating A Very Close Friend Of Ur Ex by olawaleseun(m): 8:01am On Feb 26, 2019
lefulefu:
grin why are u explaining to us dat u did not chop ur ex when dating hercheesy? Abi u dey fear make guys here no attack u based on say u don chop ur ex 's kpomo belleful u want to taste her best friend as wellcheesy? Anyway d choice is urscheesy. After u don chop ur ex's best friend u can chop her sister or cousin ...na ur choicecheesy.awon wereycheesy.

Lol funny you... I deliberately included the celibacy aspect to show that i ain't the type interested in body counts or whatsoever, but rather a committed relationship... So bro, What's ur view??
Re: What Is Ur Opinion On Dating A Very Close Friend Of Ur Ex by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 26, 2019
olawaleseun:

Lol funny you... I deliberately included the celibacy aspect to show that i ain't the type interested in body counts or whatsoever, but rather a committed relationship... So bro, What's ur view??
my point of view is dat u treading on a delicate path. Ur sudden interest in ur friend's ex is goin to cause a deep rift between her and ur ex. If i were u i had look elsewhere for a fresh girl but if u so much headstrong in dating her then better u and she move far away from ur ex. By the way is she and ur ex still friends?

1 Like

Re: What Is Ur Opinion On Dating A Very Close Friend Of Ur Ex by Nobody: 9:00am On Feb 26, 2019
[quote author=olawaleseun post=76127830][/quote] wat he means is dat u probably dating her to spite ur ex cheesy.
Re: What Is Ur Opinion On Dating A Very Close Friend Of Ur Ex by zexy2030(m): 9:45am On Feb 26, 2019
it is not wise...I mean it is very stupid...

1 Like

Re: What Is Ur Opinion On Dating A Very Close Friend Of Ur Ex by olawaleseun(m): 12:36pm On Feb 26, 2019
lefulefu:
my point of view is dat u treading on a delicate path. Ur sudden interest in ur friend's ex is goin to cause a deep rift between her and ur ex. If i were u i had look elsewhere for a fresh girl but if u so much headstrong in dating her then better u and she move far away from ur ex. By the way is she and ur ex still friends?

They're still very close, even best of friends

1 Like

Re: What Is Ur Opinion On Dating A Very Close Friend Of Ur Ex by olawaleseun(m): 12:38pm On Feb 26, 2019
zexy2030:
it is not wise...I mean it is very stupid...

Aiit bro, but can u PLZ explain better why u've said this
Re: What Is Ur Opinion On Dating A Very Close Friend Of Ur Ex by olawaleseun(m): 12:40pm On Feb 26, 2019
clive2u:
revenge served hot
not at all bro.. we parted ways on a mutual ground and even sef, she said she's honestly OK with my going on with her Bestie Cox I felt it's normal seeking her opinion first
Re: What Is Ur Opinion On Dating A Very Close Friend Of Ur Ex by clive2u(m): 12:57pm On Feb 26, 2019
olawaleseun:

not at all bro.. we parted ways on a mutual ground and even sef, she said she's honestly OK with my going on with her Bestie Cox I felt it's normal seeking her opinion first
then u dnt need our advice na, do ur tin
Re: What Is Ur Opinion On Dating A Very Close Friend Of Ur Ex by PrimadonnaO(f): 2:32pm On Feb 26, 2019
olawaleseun:

You're seeking validation because you already know there's something highly wrong with your decision.

There are girls everywhere. Just leave two best friends alone, silly!

1 Like

Re: What Is Ur Opinion On Dating A Very Close Friend Of Ur Ex by Nobody: 2:58pm On Feb 26, 2019
I might sound weird but it's no biggie to me. A guy might not fit me but fit my friend. It's all about who you're compatible with. I don't even mind my ex dating my sister because all I wish for my sister is happiness and if she has found it in my ex then both should enjoy. Though I will tell her all your weaknesses o, to avoid heartbreak that I could have prevented. Same applies to my friends. As long as your ex and her bestie don't mind then feel free. The trouble I see here is the bestie being able to trust that you two are done for real. Most people find it difficult to believe that ex lovers can remain friends with no strings attached. All the best.

1 Like

Re: What Is Ur Opinion On Dating A Very Close Friend Of Ur Ex by olawaleseun(m): 4:50pm On Feb 26, 2019
PrimadonnaO:

You're seeking validation because you already know there's something highly wrong with your decision.

There are girls everywhere. Just leave two best friends alone, silly!
Thanks for your input, really appreciate

1 Like

Re: What Is Ur Opinion On Dating A Very Close Friend Of Ur Ex by olawaleseun(m): 4:52pm On Feb 26, 2019
sane93:
I might sound weird but it's no biggie to me. A guy might not fit me but fit my friend. It's all about who you're compatible with. I don't even mind my ex dating my sister because all I wish for my sister is happiness and if she has found it in my ex then both should enjoy. Though I will tell her all your weaknesses o, to avoid heartbreak that I could have prevented. Same applies to my friends. As long as your ex and her bestie don't mind then feel free. The trouble I see here is the bestie being able to trust that you two are done for real. Most people find it difficult to believe that ex lovers can remain friends with no strings attached. All the best.
This is insightful, thanks for ur time
Re: What Is Ur Opinion On Dating A Very Close Friend Of Ur Ex by Deicide: 5:23pm On Feb 26, 2019
sane93:

1 Like

Re: What Is Ur Opinion On Dating A Very Close Friend Of Ur Ex by Laveda(f): 5:29pm On Feb 26, 2019
Not a wise thing to do.

1 Like

Re: What Is Ur Opinion On Dating A Very Close Friend Of Ur Ex by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 26, 2019
olawaleseun:
This is insightful, thanks for ur time
You're welcome
Re: What Is Ur Opinion On Dating A Very Close Friend Of Ur Ex by Nobody: 1:07am On Feb 27, 2019
olawaleseun:

They're still very close, even best of friends
aint wise dating her..and why would someone still best friends with ur ex want to date u.kinder weird.
Re: What Is Ur Opinion On Dating A Very Close Friend Of Ur Ex by ifihearam: 1:16am On Feb 27, 2019
Well its a very difficult thing..are you sure your ex gave you the go ahead from the depth of her heart or just trying to act mature How would you feel if you ex decides to date your best friend that lies your answer.
Re: What Is Ur Opinion On Dating A Very Close Friend Of Ur Ex by dingbang(m): 2:55am On Feb 27, 2019
No for me.
Re: What Is Ur Opinion On Dating A Very Close Friend Of Ur Ex by Nobody: 4:11am On Feb 27, 2019
Lols
Re: What Is Ur Opinion On Dating A Very Close Friend Of Ur Ex by ojuu4u(m): 5:30am On Feb 27, 2019
sane93:

Going by the kind of notion you possess,and with instincts some* guys possess. If you don't careful you would wake up one day and realized that a particular guy had slept with you and all of your sisters/ friends, in the name of '' the relationship is not working for me, it may work for my sisters/friends

Beware and be warned.......some people ( guys or ladies)are devil incarnates

1 Like

Re: What Is Ur Opinion On Dating A Very Close Friend Of Ur Ex by UniQue84: 6:45am On Feb 27, 2019
olawaleseun:

seriously, who do you think you are decieving, of course you can decieve the young gullible ones here, but am going to give it to you hot bro, you've been eyeing this babe ( you ex friend ) while you were dating you ex, you have had your eyes on her for a longtime, God knows if both of you have not been hitting on each other behind you ex then ( the things humans do in secret will amaze you), don't come and play the celibate card with me here like you are supposed to be fvcking b4 marriage undecided. You are threading on a dangerous ground bro and from what I can deduce from your write up, you have been waiting for the relationship to hit the rock or you ended it yourself so that you can carry on with your plans tongue whaaaaaaaaat you relationship ended just last year December 2018 and by almost mid Feb 2019, you are already looking for validation to date her bestie, who does that?

And you think cos "ex" approved or you claimed you sought for approval from your ex to carry on with her bestie 3 months after you broke up with her is a wise decision and las las everybody will be alright,clap for yourself, Mr approval seeker, No my dear you sitting on a time bomb, I dont want to insult you but you may be doing masters whatever ( never liked Nigerian theoretical, non realistic,non practicable education ) mtcheeeeeeeeeew, I swear your behavior depicts that of a child. The truth, deep down that woman's (ur ex) heart she is never never never happy, we can all Fake smiles and laughter and all sort of outward apperances but we can't fake how we feel inside. OK let me ask you, what do you think 90% of the time when both babes are together gisting will be the topic : BOYFRIEND, and who is the subject of formular here you,..

Seriously I don't like guys like you even as distant friend, to me you are a schemer, a backstabber, and unreliable individual ( am not sorry about this)..well na you know carry you cross . bro am spoilt, I like babes a lot, esp big ass babes grin but I also understand the place of principle.

This is me
- I don't date my close par ex (es) is a NO for me

- don't do Married women don't care no matter how gorgeous you are, to me you are somebody's property, and taken already.

- don't date my close friends sister's ...is a No for me ..I cherish my rls with my friend,and I see his sisters as mine too..I swear your friend knowing who you are and you escapades may not just go down well with him..

- I don't do ( cos I won't even date them) teenagers, and kids.

- I will never date my blood brother's ex..

- And lastly will not date my Ex girl bestie ....NO NO NO , I will give her that respect irrespective of how we broke up .

with this you are sure of having less enemies,and not dying early cheesy am talking from depth of knowledge, understanding and experience. On a friendly advise go hustle for other babes ok ..

No hating. My 2 cents contribution. God bless u.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Ur Opinion On Dating A Very Close Friend Of Ur Ex by olawaleseun(m): 7:39am On Feb 27, 2019
ifihearam:
Well its a very difficult thing..are you sure your ex gave you the go ahead from the depth of her heart or just trying to act mature How would you feel if you ex decides to date your best friend that lies your answer.
I get ur point.. thanks for your time
Re: What Is Ur Opinion On Dating A Very Close Friend Of Ur Ex by olawaleseun(m): 7:44am On Feb 27, 2019
UniQue84:
seriously, who do you think you are decieving, of course you can decieve the young gullible ones here, but am going to give it to you hot bro, you've been eyeing this babe ( you ex friend ) while you were dating you ex, you have had your eyes on her for a longtime, God knows if both of you have not been hitting on each other behind you ex then ( the things humans do in secret will amaze you), don't come and play the celibate card with me here like you are supposed to be fvcking b4 marriage undecided. You are threading on a dangerous ground bro and from what I can deduce from your write up, you have been waiting for the relationship to hit the rock or you ended it yourself so that you can carry on with your plans tongue whaaaaaaaaat you relationship ended just last year December 2018 and by almost mid Feb 2019, you are already looking for validation to date her bestie, who does that?

And you think cos "ex" approved or you claimed you sought for approval from your ex to carry on with her bestie 3 months after you broke up with her is a wise decision and las las everybody will be alright,clap for yourself, Mr approval seeker, No my dear you sitting on a time bomb, I dont want to insult you but you may be doing masters whatever ( never liked Nigerian theoretical, non realistic,non practicable education ) mtcheeeeeeeeeew, I swear your behavior depicts that of a child. The truth, deep down that woman's (ur ex) heart she is never never never happy, we can all Fake smiles and laughter and all sort of outward apperances but we can't fake how we feel inside. OK let me ask you, what do you think 90% of the time when both babes are together gisting will be the topic : BOYFRIEND, and who is the subject of formular here you,..

Seriously I don't like guys like you even as distant friend, to me you are a schemer, a backstabber, and unreliable individual ( am not sorry about this)..well na you know carry you cross . bro am spoilt, I like babes a lot, esp big ass babes grin but I also understand the place of principle.

This is me
- I don't date my close par ex (es) is a NO for me

- don't do Married women don't care no matter how gorgeous you are, to me you are somebody's property, and taken already.

- don't date my close friends sister's ...is a No for me ..I cherish my rls with my friend,and I see his sisters as mine too..I swear your friend knowing who you are and you escapades may not just go down well with him..

- I don't do ( cos I won't even date them) teenagers, and kids.

- I will never date my blood brother's ex..

- And lastly will not date my Ex girl bestie ....NO NO NO , I will give her that respect irrespective of how we broke up .

with this you are sure of having less enemies,and not dying early cheesy am talking from depth of knowledge, understanding and experience. On a friendly advise go hustle for other babes ok ..

No hating. My 2 cents contribution. God bless u.

Thanks Man... Really appreciate ur time... God bless
Re: What Is Ur Opinion On Dating A Very Close Friend Of Ur Ex by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 27, 2019
ojuu4u:

Going by the kind of notion you possess,and with instincts some* guys possess. If you don't careful you would wake up one day and realized that a particular guy had slept with you and all of your sisters/ friends, in the name of '' the relationship is not working for me, it may work for my sisters/friends

Beware and be warned.......some people ( guys or ladies)are devil incarnates
You missed my point. The guy you described above is a dog and I don't date such, neither my sisters nor friends. And I'm talking love here not sex. Everything must not be about sex. I can't advice anyone to throw away love because of such unfounded sentiments. Some people be acting as though it's incest. See Shania Twain's story. So many others. So it's happening and there's nothing wrong with it as long as both parties are genuinely in love with each other.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Discovered My Fiancee Cheated / Is She Wrong Or Right / Nairaland Is Full Of Lies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.