Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,479 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Does APC Still Care For Igbo Presidency? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does APC Still Care For Igbo Presidency? (3148 Views)

The Bola Tinubu Dilemma: Does APC Want To Win With Him Or Lose Without Him? / Senator Abribe: After 6 Years In Government, APC Still Doing "Going To Going To" / What Alternatives Does APC Offer Kwarans? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does APC Still Care For Igbo Presidency? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Feb 26, 2019
NkayStory:

Yoruba clowns leave Igbos alone!!..

.Face your scam 2023 Presidency which can only happen in your dreams

..As we speak,northerners are calling you lots traitors for voting PDP after all the rail-ways and appointments from buhari..

Once more leave Igbos alone.
They have Forgiven us since Yoruba won Niger state, kogi, kwara, Ekiti, Osun, Ogun and Lagos for Buhari.
Is that not enough?

2 Likes

Re: Does APC Still Care For Igbo Presidency? by sarrki(m): 7:39pm On Feb 26, 2019
donphiilopus:

Stop saying this.

What about those that stood firm in the South South?

You think we are kidding right?

If the ain't going to the Southwest, then it's coming to the South South.

Let's forget this for now sef.

First time I see your comment

You vex oooo boss
Re: Does APC Still Care For Igbo Presidency? by donphiilopus(m): 7:53pm On Feb 26, 2019
sarrki:

First time I see your comment

You vex oooo boss

Still been here bros. Just surprised you're already giving them our ticket when 19.3% votes. Southwest gave APC 53.4% and South South might give above 30%. How do we then reward 19.3% when we have these ones?

4 Likes

Re: Does APC Still Care For Igbo Presidency? by Blue3k(m): 8:11pm On Feb 26, 2019
RTSC:

Buhari lost the south again, again, thanks to the igbo campaign against him.
His votes in the north helped him. Another candidate would not be that lucky.

If apc want their long term stay in power, they need to get the east on board.
The presidency would be a start.

I doubt the presidency would turn anyone into APC supporters. I do think they voted PDP out of protest for Buhari and economic reasons. The next candidate can talk about economic reforms, infrastructure and continued fight against corruption as winning formula.

I do agree the north pulled strong. The SW voted PDP in some states like Ondo I believe. I'm just not sure the NC really pulled through for Atiku. I assumed the 2019 election would be repeat of 2015 with a slimmer margin of victory.

raumdeuter:

APC has won 2 elections without the east

Buhari contested twice with SE and lost
Atiku contested twice with SE and lost

Buhari won twice when he contested with SW
Atiku won twice when he contested ith OBJ SW

We can see the pattern here that you have a bad head, Anyone looking for electoral success will avoid Ibos like a plague

Its not a fool proof strategy though. How did Jonathan get to presidency in 2011?
Re: Does APC Still Care For Igbo Presidency? by RTSC: 8:20pm On Feb 26, 2019
raumdeuter:

APC has won 2 elections without the east

Buhari contested twice with SE and lost
Atiku contested twice with SE and lost

Buhari won twice when he contested with SW
Atiku won twice when he contested ith OBJ SW

We can see the pattern here that you have a bad head, Anyone looking for electoral success will avoid Ibos like a plague
You are just talking nonsense.

The same nonsense you said about how the apc will sweep the south west which never happened.

We have a bad head yet we have brought the reigning president for sixteen years before buhari came on board.
If we have a bad head, then what head does the perpetual opposition called the south west has?

A useless rotten head definitely.

The difference is buhari. No other candidate can pull such strong numbers in the north.

If you think that would always be the case, you must be a very bad student of politics.

Buhari will go in 2023 and his fan base will dissipate.
Politics will return back to its default status..

The status quo is artificially altered by buhari's unprecedented northern loyalty. It will change.

If the apc does not break into the east soon, the pdp will regain power.

1 Like

Re: Does APC Still Care For Igbo Presidency? by RTSC: 8:24pm On Feb 26, 2019
Blue3k:

I doubt the presidency would turn anyone into APC supporters. I do think they voted PDP out of protest for Buhari and economic reasons. The next candidate can talk about economic reforms, infrastructure and continued fight against corruption as winning formula.

I do agree the north pulled strong. The SW voted PDP in some states like Ondo I believe. I'm just not sure the NC really pulled through for Atiku. I assumed the 2019 election would be repeat of 2015 with a slimmer margin of victory.

Its not a fool proof strategy though. How did Jonathan get to presidency in 2011?
It depends on who is running.

Orji uzor kalu won under apc even in the heart of the biafran agitators in aba.
For the east, it depends on who is running.

We hate buhari with a passion and for good reason, and that hate has spread into hating the apc.

It can change if the right candidate comes along.
Re: Does APC Still Care For Igbo Presidency? by Benlag: 8:32pm On Feb 26, 2019
Igbo presidency ko Weed Presidential ni grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Does APC Still Care For Igbo Presidency? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Feb 26, 2019
According to the votes, Atiku is greater than Ojukwu

1 Like

Re: Does APC Still Care For Igbo Presidency? by zlantanfan: 8:42pm On Feb 26, 2019
Apc was created by the cpc acn and new Pdp group.

Cpc and buhari have had their turn, the tinubu group is the next block and we know the position from day one with osibanjo.

Now that new pdp is gone, the next block of acn is 100% next in line already boosted by oshomole.

El rufai, dakwambo and other apc northerners are cool with Osinbajo presidency, just need buhari to choose a vp from the cpc block and help the train up north

2 Likes

Re: Does APC Still Care For Igbo Presidency? by Ugosample(m): 9:05pm On Feb 26, 2019
oyebanji44:
APC belongs to the westerners and the northerners .. Not the Easterners

lmao

after all those :"SS and SE " politicians did to aid Buhari
Re: Does APC Still Care For Igbo Presidency? by oyebanji44: 9:09pm On Feb 26, 2019
Ugosample:

lmao

which help..where and where..Sidon there..
Re: Does APC Still Care For Igbo Presidency? by goodforme: 9:12pm On Feb 26, 2019
sarrki:

It’s going to the southeast

I can tell you this

They will have massive support from all the regions

Not because of anything

For the Apc guys in the east that stood firm

So what of the APC guys in the west that stood firm two times and make sure APC wins some states

1 Like

Re: Does APC Still Care For Igbo Presidency? by Kagawa10: 9:19pm On Feb 26, 2019
RTSC:

It depends on who is running.

Orji uzor kalu won under apc even in the heart of the biafran agitators in aba.
For the east, it depends on who is running.

We hate buhari with a passion and for good reason, and that hate has spread into hating the apc.

It can change if the right candidate comes along.

Lol. Depends on who's running or depends on who can buy votes the most and rig? So you're telling me Orji has the integrity to have command your votes?lol Facts is the southeast don't always come to vote. Few that does sell their votes to the highest bidders.
Re: Does APC Still Care For Igbo Presidency? by goodforme: 9:20pm On Feb 26, 2019
oyebanji44:
APC belongs to the westerners and the northerners .. Not the Easterners

I think CPC and AC merge together to form APC, Igbo are still mocking Tinubu that went to North to meet Buhari on the invitation from Buhari when the process was going on. Igbo have no stake in on APC, that's why they hate the party

3 Likes

Re: Does APC Still Care For Igbo Presidency? by Kagawa10: 9:22pm On Feb 26, 2019
Ugosample:

lmao

Which aids? Did Buhari win any of the states?

Besides, Only Ameachi is the closest Ibo could get. Ibo would be the one to sabotage Rochas if he was endorsed.
Re: Does APC Still Care For Igbo Presidency? by RTSC: 9:23pm On Feb 26, 2019
Kagawa10:

Lol. Depends on who's running or depends on who can buy votes the most and rig? So you're telling me Orji has the integrity to have command your votes?lol Facts is the southeast don't always come to vote. Few that does sell their votes to the highest bidders.
Not necessarily.
Orji is a con man, but he has fans who benefited from his government.
And his people voted him as senator under the apc banner.

The point I am making is that, good or bad, it depends on the candidate.

Buhari has no hope in igboland, not now, not ever.
But apc still has a chance.
Re: Does APC Still Care For Igbo Presidency? by oyebanji44: 9:25pm On Feb 26, 2019
goodforme:

I think CPC and AC merge together to form APC, Igbo are still mocking Tinubu that went to North to meet Buhari on the invitation from Buhari when the process was going on. Igbo have no stake in on APC, that's why they hate the party
ofcourse you're right..No argument on that..
Re: Does APC Still Care For Igbo Presidency? by RTSC: 9:28pm On Feb 26, 2019
zlantanfan:
Apc was created by the cpc acn and new Pdp group.

Cpc and buhari have had their turn, the tinubu group is the next block and we know the position from day one with osibanjo.

Now that new pdp is gone, the next block of acn is 100% next in line already boosted by oshomole.

El rufai, dakwambo and other apc northerners are cool with Osinbajo presidency, just need buhari to choose a vp from the cpc block and help the train up north
Keep deceiving yourself.
Running under buhari is the Same as running alone.?
Guy that couldn't even win his PU.
E go shock you, just like the south west shocked everybody.

Anyway, I still believe the only thing stopping pdp from regaining power is buhari.

Osibanjo would be the Jonathan that loses the baton to the opposition.
Re: Does APC Still Care For Igbo Presidency? by Kagawa10: 9:30pm On Feb 26, 2019
RTSC:

Not necessarily.
Orji is a con man, but he has fans who benefited from his government.
And his people voted him as senator under the apc banner.

The point I am making is that, good or bad, it depends on the candidate.

Buhari has no hope in igboland, not now, not ever.
But apc still has a chance.

Buhari had no hope because few Ibo leaders support APC. If the majority of your leaders had supported APC and there was little opposition, it would have been rigged. You people don't come out to vote. Even our Ibo tenant doesn't come out to vote on the day of election.
Re: Does APC Still Care For Igbo Presidency? by gidgiddy: 9:36pm On Feb 26, 2019
Blue3k:
The promise for Igbo presidency was dependent on support for President Buhari's re-election bid. As the polls show us the region went for Atiku in a high margin. Fashola complicated matters offering SW presidency saying telling Yorubas to vote massively for president buhari.

Anyway party members what do you think. Should APC practice power rotation or do party primary similar to the one practiced in lagos for the Next presidential candidate.

The presidency of Nigeria is not the overriding concern of Igbos. As Ohanaeze President, John Nwodo once said, "restructuring where the Igno nation enjoys autonomy and resource control is far more Important than an Igbo man or woman emerging President of Nigeria"

What is important is not the presidency of Nigeria but freedom of the Igbo nation

1 Like

Re: Does APC Still Care For Igbo Presidency? by Viergeachar: 9:39pm On Feb 26, 2019
RTSC:

Keep deceiving yourself.
Running under buhari is the Same as running alone.?
Guy that couldn't even win his PU.
E go shock you, just like the south west shocked everybody.

Anyway, I still believe the only thing stopping pdp from regaining power is buhari.

Osibanjo would be the Jonathan that loses the baton to the opposition.

There's no way a Buhari alive will hand over to PDP.
Should the undesirable happen before that time, Osinbajo will be at the helm.

So you see, only God can stop the SW and He won't.
Re: Does APC Still Care For Igbo Presidency? by DanDeeBoss(m): 9:41pm On Feb 26, 2019
Onijagidijagan:

They have Forgiven us since Yoruba won Niger state, kogi, kwara, Ekiti, Osun, Ogun and Lagos for Buhari.
Is that not enough?
Remove Niger state from there.... Yorubas didn't win Niger state....

Cc Lightqueen
Re: Does APC Still Care For Igbo Presidency? by Ugosample(m): 9:45pm On Feb 26, 2019
Kagawa10:

Which aids? Did Buhari win any of the states?

Besides, Only Ameachi is the closest Ibo could get. Ibo would be the one to sabotage Rochas if he was endorsed.
Actually I don't see an igbo man leading this country

which is fine by me.

an igbo man as president will not make me richer

1 Like

Re: Does APC Still Care For Igbo Presidency? by Blue3k(m): 9:47pm On Feb 26, 2019
gidgiddy:

The presidency of Nigeria is not the overriding concern of Igbos. As Ohanaeze President, John Nwodo once said, "restructuring where the Igno nation enjoys autonomy and resource control is far more Important than an Igbo man or woman emerging President of Nigeria"

What is important is not the presidency of Nigeria but freedom of the Igbo nation

Thats a policy issue which both major parties have made no attempt at passing. The most we've seen is LG autonomy which Imo voted against. The rest have not voted on. Its weird autonomy on national lvl is important but on local level there's no rush to get it.

Anyway do think they should go for Igbo presidency or practice closed primaries like they did in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Does APC Still Care For Igbo Presidency? by Yomboy4ever(m): 9:47pm On Feb 26, 2019
No one is fighting for Atiku in Jada or Adamawa. No one in Adamawa is complaining of card reader issues.
But my brothers from Biafra are banging their heads on the wall swearing that Atiku was cheated in his village.

3 Likes

Re: Does APC Still Care For Igbo Presidency? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Feb 26, 2019
DanDeeBoss:
Remove Niger state from there.... Yorubas didn't win Niger state....

Cc Lightqueen
Lol Niger state is north na. Full of Nupe, gwari and hausas

There are other tribes there tho
Re: Does APC Still Care For Igbo Presidency? by DanDeeBoss(m): 9:52pm On Feb 26, 2019
LightQueen:
Lol Niger state is north na. Full of Nupe, gwari and hausas
I saw Kogi there, What Ya Say??
Re: Does APC Still Care For Igbo Presidency? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Feb 26, 2019
DanDeeBoss:
I saw Kogi there, What Ya Say??
Same with kogi..

And Majority of kogi people supported Buhari
Re: Does APC Still Care For Igbo Presidency? by sarrki(m): 9:55pm On Feb 26, 2019
donphiilopus:

Still been here bros. Just surprised you're already giving them our ticket when 19.3% votes. Southwest gave APC 53.4% and South South might give above 30%. How do we then reward 19.3% when we have these ones?

I can’t definitely argue with my boss !!!!

1 Like

Re: Does APC Still Care For Igbo Presidency? by gidgiddy: 9:56pm On Feb 26, 2019
Blue3k:

Thats a policy issue which both major parties have made no attempt at passing. The most we've seen is LG autonomy which Imo voted against. The rest have not voted on. Its weird autonomy on national lvl is important but on local level there's no rush to get it.

Anyway do think they should go for Igbo presidency or practice closed primaries like they did in Lagos?

Local Government autonomy is meaningless if it is not reflected in the constitution of Nigeria.

Igbos getting the presidency of Nigeria is not what is important, the presidency did not do anything ground-breaking for those who have had it in the past. GEJ was President for 5 years, the Ijaw nation have nothing to show for it.

The main concern of Igbos should be restructuring or independence, not the toxic office of President that has never helped anybody

1 Like

Re: Does APC Still Care For Igbo Presidency? by DanDeeBoss(m): 9:57pm On Feb 26, 2019
LightQueen:
Same with kogi..

And Majority of kogi people supported Buhari
I was only debunking his claim that Yorubas won "Niger" and "Kogi" for Buhari... Coz we're in The Middle Belt
Re: Does APC Still Care For Igbo Presidency? by Blue3k(m): 9:59pm On Feb 26, 2019
gidgiddy:

Local Government autonomy is meaningless if it is not reflected in the constitution of Nigeria.

You seem confused. Imo voted against LG autonomy constitutional amendment. The other south east states havent voted at all.

The Imo state Assembly has voted against the financial autonomy of local government.
The Assembly committee, led by Hon Uche Oguwuike, set up to look into 13 alterations of the Bill for an Act to alter the provisions of the 1999 constitution, particularly rejected to approve alterations 5 and 6, which seek to give financial teeth to the local government system.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Southern Dream / Tinubu:Status Of 100 Bilion Tax Evasion By Alpha Beta And Bullion Van Petition / Who Else Realize That BUHARI Speech Wasn't Live?, It Was Recorded And Edited!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.