Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Does The Christian God Actually Exist? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Christian God Actually Exist? (8896 Views)

Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / What did God actually say here ???( proof ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by IdiAmin2(m): 6:38pm On Aug 29, 2010
@Idi-Amin
your own god is in your mind?U could be right though.If only u could prove 2 me d various mysteries in our own planets?y they r so?y we still have lots of qusetions unanswered?Y the greatest enemy of man-DEATH still remains shrouded in mystery?Since your life is urs,your god in your mind,u should know when u'll die and other mysteries of your life

I have 1 question for you. Do you believe that if u travel far enough into the sky, go higher and higher, you will get to this place called heaven where the streets are made of gold and the gates are made of pearls and you have a mansion waiting there for you with 10 bedrooms and floors are made with precious stones, and your God is a white man with beard sitting on a golden throne, Just answer YES or NO, i don't want any religious jargons. If u say yes, I am going to laugh my head off!!!! The white man has deceived you. LOL!!!!! grin grin grin grin You dont have to answer, I know from your signature that u are waiting for that white dude with blond air (looks like Dolph Lungren grin grin grin grin) to appear in the sky on a white horse (like Persus riding on Pergasus in 'clash of the titans grin grin grin grin) to take you to your mansion in heaven. I CAN"T BELIEVE PEOPLE ARE SO STUPID. You'll have been waiting for him for 2,000 years, don't worry you will die and your great grand children will still be waiting grin grin grin CHRIST IS COMING SOON!!!! LOL!!!

By the way, why do u call death the greatest enemy of man. Doesn't your 'word of God' say 'the day of death is better than the day of one's birth'? You dont even believe the bible. Death is the best thing that can happen to anybody. the greatest enemy of man is that flesh you carrying around thinking that is YOU, when u look in the mirror. You get rid of that body, that's the best thing that can happen to that SOUL, that SOUL is free to go back to the creator of all things. Anyway, u christians believe we will go to hell and burn for eternity if we dont believe like u. Well sorry we dont, we are not stupid.
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 6:47pm On Aug 29, 2010
Idi-Amin:

@Idi-Amin
your own god is in your mind?U could be right though.If only u could prove 2 me d various mysteries in our own planets?y they r so?y we still have lots of qusetions unanswered?Y the greatest enemy of man-DEATH still remains shrouded in mystery?Since your life is urs,your god in your mind,u should know when u'll die and other mysteries of your life

I have 1 question for you. Do you believe that if u travel far enough into the sky, go higher and higher, you will get to this place called heaven where the streets are made of gold and the gates are made of pearls and you have a mansion waiting there for you with 10 bedrooms and floors are made with precious stones, and your God is a white man with beard sitting on a golden throne, Just answer YES or NO, i don't want any religious jargons. If u say yes, I am going to laugh my head off!!!! The white man has deceived you. LOL!!!!! grin grin grin grin You dont have to answer, I know from your signature that u are waiting for that white dude with blond air (looks like Dolph Lungren grin grin grin grin) to appear in the sky on a white horse (like Persus riding on Pergasus in 'clash of the titans grin grin grin grin) to take you to your mansion in heaven. I CAN"T BELIEVE PEOPLE ARE SO silly. You'll have been waiting for him for 2,000 years, don't worry you will die and your great grand children will still be waiting grin grin grin CHRIST IS COMING SOON!!!! LOL!!!

By the way, why do u call death the greatest enemy of man. Doesn't your 'word of God' say 'the day of death is better than the day of one's birth'? You dont even believe the bible. Death is the best thing that can happen to anybody. the greatest enemy of man is that flesh you carrying around thinking that is YOU, when u look in the mirror. You get rid of that body, that's the best thing that can happen to that SOUL, that SOUL is free to go back to the creator of all things. Anyway, u christians believe we will go to hell and burn for eternity if we dont believe like u. Well sorry we dont, we are not silly.

blah blah blah. . .u neva answer question.We say dat our life is in d hands of a supreme being who created us,while u say ur life is in ur own hands.Y can't u tune ur life how u want?Y can't u tell ur future?Isn't it ur life?Answer
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by mazaje(m): 6:51pm On Aug 29, 2010
philip0906:

@Mazaje
I get your tactics u know. . .u sit back,pick my words just like u sit back and pick d Bible looking 4 how 2 twist it 2 suit urself. . .i simply asked u 2 prove 2 me dat God does not exist and u rant all over my posts

Since when have you proved that your version f God exist?. . . . .Evidence for a supernatural being intervening in the world requires its own positive evidence, So where is your own proof to show that your God exist beside baseless claims that have been shown to be false over and over again? Your evidence to show that your God exist beside the lying writing of the authors of the bible many who remain unknown till this day is WHAT?
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 7:02pm On Aug 29, 2010
mazaje:

Since when have you proved that your version f God exist?. . . . .Evidence for a supernatural being intervening in the world requires its own positive evidence, So where is your own proof to show that your God exist beside baseless claims that have been shown to be false over and over again? Your evidence to show that your God exist beside the lying writing of the authors of the bible many who remain unknown till this day is WHAT?
I love following u atheists in ur own way. . .I said prove and convince us dat God does not exist either.Is it a difficult task? undecided
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by mazaje(m): 7:16pm On Aug 29, 2010
philip0906:

I love following u atheists in your own way. . .I said prove and convince us dat God does not exist either.Is it a difficult task? undecided

God does not exist because men CREATED all the Gods, that is why it is men that keep telling each other when to believe, how to believe and what to believe about any of the God concept they have invented. . . . .All religious books and religious claims about any God were written by men No God has ever written anything, that is enough to show that the God concept is a man made thing, Can you point to the existence of any God that is independent of human influence?. . . . .Even the bible which you call the word of God was written by men, the books to be included and accepted were based on votes that were caste by men, so how is your God not a man made entity, since you can not point to its existence independent of man's influence?. . . . .
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by IdiAmin2(m): 7:18pm On Aug 29, 2010
philip0906:

blah blah blah. . .u neva answer question.We say dat our life is in d hands of a supreme being who created us,while u say your life is in your own hands.Y can't u tune your life how u want?Y can't u tell your future?Isn't it your life?Answer

U answer my YES or NO question? No u no answer, u dey talk blah blah blah like whale wey swallow Jonah. Christians and their blame game, It's God this, God that, they will never take responsibility for their lives. Anyway got to go, I'll try holla at u maybe next week to check if Persus don fly in on Pegasus , sorry I mean jesus on the white horse. By wait my guy, the guy no sabi keep time ooo, abi na african time e dey use grin grin grin grin. Make people dey wait u for 2000 years, amke u no even fit show face or send message say ' abeg people no vex ooo, na Pegasus get small problem with im wings ooo, i go show later grin grin grin
But to say Perseus don carry u go your mansion, abeg just save 1 room for me make i squat when i land.LOL!!!!!
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 7:23pm On Aug 29, 2010
Idi-Amin:

U answer my YES or NO question? No u no answer, u dey talk blah blah blah like whale wey swallow Jonah. Christians and their blame game, It's God this, God that, they will never take responsibility for their lives. Anyway got to go, I'll try holla at u maybe next week to check if Persus don fly in on Pegasus , sorry I mean jesus on the white horse. By wait my guy, the guy no sabi keep time ooo, abi na african time e dey use grin grin grin grin. Make people dey wait u for 2000 years, amke u no even fit show face or send message say ' abeg people no vex ooo, na Pegasus get small problem with im wings ooo, i go show later grin grin grin
But to say Perseus don carry u go your mansion, abeg just save 1 room for me make i squat when i land.LOL!!!!!
done with u.u couldn't even answer simple question I posed concerning ur own very life which u claimed 2 be "god" of. . .
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by IdiAmin2(m): 7:28pm On Aug 29, 2010
mazaje:

God does not exist because men CREATED all the Gods, that is why it is men that keep telling each other when to believe, how to believe and what to believe about any of the God concept they have invented. . . . .All religious books and religious claims about any God were written by men No God has ever written anything, that is enough to show that the God concept is a man made thing, Can you point to the existence of any God that is independent of human influence?. . . . .Even the bible which you call the word of God was written by men, the books to be included and accepted were based on votes that were caste by men, so how is your God not a man made entity, since you can not point to its existence independent of man's influence?. . . . .

You're 100% right. God did not write 1 word of what is in that Bible. Men who claim they were inspired wrote it. I dont know if it was holy Ghost or gay sex that inspired them ooo. Most of the so called scholars that compiled the King James Bible in 1611 were gays, Shakespeare, Francis Bacon, even the King himself James Stewart I of England dey sleep with men. The votes u mentioned was in 325AD at the nicean council where these so called roman catholic bishops created "Jesus Christ' and the doctrines, fed it to the whole world. A lot of people rejected it back in those days because they knew it was lies. That was what started the crusades when people who did not accept Jesus were killed IN JESUS NAME. As generations went by, the resistance decreased and decreased till it was accepted as TRUTH. They brought it to Africa, and our people just swallow am, drink water.
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 7:29pm On Aug 29, 2010
mazaje:

Now let me tell u something u don't know.it just came 2 my attention. . .U r making a folly of urself u know?"God" doesn't exist. . .which "God" now exists?abi which God r u referring 2?Let me tell u,anyhow u claim it,u'll still point 2  that "God". . .Read your posts well and catch my drift grin grin grin
u tried with your essay. . .u still haven't proved dat God does not exist.what u typed is your "imagination". . .prove 2 us,without making reference 2 our claims. . .U atheists aren't even intelligent,u sit and wait.u can't prove dat God is non-existent independently,u still lay hold on "First hand statements". . .no backbone grin grin grin
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by IdiAmin2(m): 7:46pm On Aug 29, 2010
philip0906:

Now let me tell u something u don't know.it just came 2 my attention. . .U r making a folly of urself u know?"God" doesn't exist. . .which "God" now exists?abi which God r u referring 2?Let me tell u,anyhow u claim it,u'll still point 2  that "God". . .Read your posts well and catch my drift grin grin grin
u tried with your essay. . .u still haven't proved dat God does not exist.what u typed is your "imagination". . .prove 2 us,without making reference 2 our claims. . .U atheists aren't even intelligent,u sit and wait.u can't prove dat God is non-existent independently,u still lay hold on "First hand statements". . .no backbone grin grin grin

Man of God. I dey go sleep. I just say make I check whether Perseus, sorry I mean Jesus don come ooo. If I no get reply from you, I go take am so u don go your golden mansion. No forget the room I say make u save for me ooo. grin grin grin

Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by mazaje(m): 7:52pm On Aug 29, 2010
philip0906:

[b]Now let me tell u something u don't know.[/b]it just came 2 my attention. . .U r making a folly of urself u know?"God" doesn't exist. . .which "God" now exists?abi which God r u referring 2?Let me tell u,anyhow u claim it,u'll still point 2  that "God". . .Read your posts well and catch my drift grin grin grin

You can't tell me something because you don't know anything. . . . . .Since when have you provided any proof to show that your God exist?
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by IdiAmin2(m): 7:55pm On Aug 29, 2010
mazaje:

You can't tell me something because you don't know anything. . . . . .Since when have you provided any proof to show that your God exist?

@mazaje
Philip's God exists, his picture is in my last post. His God na CONAN the Babarian. LOL
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 8:02pm On Aug 29, 2010
mazaje:

u r still beating around d bush man. . .Make me a convert,prove 2 me dat God does not exist.ok what if I say,God's works are wrought in my life?oya prove 2 me dat it is not God. . .I'm waiting
@Idi-amin
u loose. . .u can't save urself,despite telling me,its your life?
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by harakiri(m): 8:21pm On Aug 29, 2010
philip0906:

u r still beating around d bush man. . .Make me a convert,prove 2 me dat God does not exist.ok what if I say,God's works are wrought in my life?oya prove 2 me dat it is not God. . .I'm waiting
@Idi-amin

You have put in so much energy talking about Atheists but nonchalantly avoided the topic at hand. Dude, you have issues.
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by IdiAmin2(m): 8:23pm On Aug 29, 2010
philip0906:

@Idi-amin

Oh u replied, so Jesus never land. Anyway, maybe by tomorrow grin grin grin I'm sure u can wait, if u don wait 2000 years already, 1 day na nothing.
You said I cant save myself. So who is going to save me? Conan the Barbarian? I don't think so.
The doctrine of salvation did not exist till 325AD. It was created at the Nicean Council in 325AD by roman catholic bishops. Just go to wilkipedia and read the nicean council and how the so called catholic church voted and created what u believe today as a method of mind-control.
You think u need to be saved? so they programmed you. You believe God already sees you as a sinner even when u were in your mother's womb. And u will go to hell unless u accept Conan as your Lord. People that lived 10,000 years ago before Conan the barbarian came to shed his blood, what happened to them? they went to hell?
Anyway, your mind is already locked.
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 8:25pm On Aug 29, 2010
harakiri:

You have put in so much energy talking about Atheists but nonchalantly avoided the topic at hand. Dude, you have issues.
shiooooor. . .u were busy quoting My Bible. . .If u could be so independent,without waiting 4 "first hand service",it would have been better.All u did,was pose questions about d Bible,which is very normal.If u intend 2 tell us God does not exist,don't wait 4 us 2 come defending,luanch d attack by PROVING 2 US GOD DOES NOT EXIST
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 8:28pm On Aug 29, 2010
Idi-Amin:

Oh u replied, so Jesus never land. Anyway, maybe by tomorrow grin grin grin I'm sure u can wait, if u don wait 2000 years already, 1 day na nothing.
You said I cant save myself. So who is going to save me? Conan the Barbarian? I don't think so.
The doctrine of salvation did not exist till 325AD. It was created at the Nicean Council in 325AD by roman catholic bishops. Just go to wilkipedia and read the nicean council and how the so called catholic church voted and created what u believe today as a method of mind-control.
You think u need to be saved? so they programmed you. You believe God already sees you as a sinner even when u were in your mother's womb. And u will go to hell unless u accept Conan as your Lord. People that lived 10,000 years ago before Conan the barbarian came to shed his blood, what happened to them? they went to hell?
Anyway, your mind is already locked.

Save urself man. . .ur god is in ur mind and u can't evade death?wouldn't u wish u could?if a cure 4 death were found,wouldn't u buy?ur world supposedly in control by humans,is dying 4rm calamities,earthquakes and other ills,u can't take a stand and save it.
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by IdiAmin2(m): 8:38pm On Aug 29, 2010
philip0906:

Save urself man. . .your god is in your mind and u can't evade death?wouldn't u wish u could?if a cure 4 death were found,wouldn't u buy?your world supposedly in control by humans,is dying 4rm calamities,earthquakes and other ills,u can't take a stand and save it.

why would u want to buy a cure for death!!! who would be so stupid to buy that?
Look, death is the most wonderful thing that can happen to a human being, It's beautiful experience when the soul sheds that heavy burden called body and is free. Wooow!!! grin grin grin grin what a day that will be. My only dilemma is that I have forgotten when it will happen.I already planned all that with my creator before I came into this world thru my body.
Your problem is religion has taught you that death is tragedy and is a bad thing. But people who are spiritual know otherwise. People who have had near death experiences will tell u how free and how beautiful it is.
even your bible says: 'the day of death is better than the day of one's birth' so why do u want a cure for it.
Sorry to disappoint you, but there is no place like HELL grin grin grin
Did i hear you say 'The Bible says unbelievers will burn for eternity'
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 8:56pm On Aug 29, 2010
Idi-Amin:

why would u want to buy a cure for death!!! who would be so silly to buy that?
Look, death is the most wonderful thing that can happen to a human being, It's beautiful experience when the soul sheds that heavy burden called body and is free. Wooow!!! grin grin grin grin what a day that will be. My only dilemma is that I have forgotten when it will happen.I already planned all that with my creator before I came into this world thru my body.
Your problem is religion has taught you that death is tragedy and is a bad thing. But people who are spiritual know otherwise. People who have had near death experiences will tell u how free and how beautiful it is.
even your bible says: 'the day of death is better than the day of one's birth' so why do u want a cure for it.
Sorry to disappoint you, but there is no place like HELL grin grin grin
Did i hear you say 'The Bible says unbelievers will burn for eternity'
poo talk. . .u simply can't solve dat mystery,u then resort 2 telling me "it is a beautiful experience".man,u r short of words.Ingrid d atheist,would sure not have wanted dat "beautiful" experience,cos he wasn't done discrediting the Bible and God,but alas,he died mysteriously and his body is now been fed on by ants. . .
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by IdiAmin2(m): 9:04pm On Aug 29, 2010
philip0906:

poo talk. . .u simply can't solve dat mystery,u then resort 2 telling me "it is a beautiful experience".man,u r short of words.Ingrid d atheist,would sure not have wanted dat "beautiful" experience,cos he wasn't done discrediting the Bible and God,but alas,he died mysteriously and his body is now been fed on by ants. . .

and what will happen to YOUR body when u die?
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 9:14pm On Aug 29, 2010
Idi-Amin:

and what will happen to YOUR body when u die?
My body will turn 2 dust 2. . .but while I admitted dat i wasn't in control of my life,u claimed 2 be in control of ur own life.Y would u want ur body 2 turn 2 dust?y?just tell me?Isn't it ur own life?
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by IdiAmin2(m): 9:14pm On Aug 29, 2010
philip0906:

my goodness!!! I have discussed with a lot of religious fanatics like yourself, but u have to be the most stupid out of them all.
So Ingrid d atheist dies mysteriously because he was discrediting the bible and your God.?!!! grin grin grin Let me guess, alas !!!your God killed him because the atheist was talking against God.
I am rolling on the ground with laughter!!!!! This has to be the dumbest thing I heard this year, wait I have to show this to my 10 year old son to read and have a laugh too.

so when christians like u die mysteriously? what happened?
and when atheist live till 80 - 90 years old, what happened

Your explanation is BASELESS!!!!
If all atheist die mysteriously, and then all religious fanatics waiting for Conan to return live long, happy lives and after you die, the ants see your body and say 'this dead guy believed in Jesus, so we can feed on this one'  grin grin grin grin
Isn't that your argument.
You are even dumber than I thought
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by IdiAmin2(m): 9:16pm On Aug 29, 2010
philip0906:

My body will turn 2 dust 2. . .but while I admitted dat i wasn't in control of my life,u claimed 2 be in control of your own life.Y would u want your body 2 turn 2 dust?y?just tell me?Isn't it your own life?
your body will turn to dust. But the atheist's body will be fed on by ants.LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by IdiAmin2(m): 9:17pm On Aug 29, 2010
Idi-Amin:

your body will turn to dust. But the atheist's body will be fed on by ants.LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This is classic, I have got to share this your new doctrine with others. WOOOW!!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 9:22pm On Aug 29, 2010
^^
Don't run 4 cover. . .u know u've lost it.u r now using desperate tactics 2 prove ur point.I said,my life is in God's hands and I have no control over my life.Thats my belief.The day I die,I'll be turned 2 dust and ants would feed on my body.Dats how God made it 2 be.Dats how God did it after d fall of man.Now,it is left 4 u dat claims 2 be in control of ur life,2 prove 2 God that he does not own u and u'll die when u want.U'VE AVOIDED THIS QUESTION SINCE.U R ONLY PLAYING WITH THE SMILEYS. . .Y CAN'T U PROVE GOD WRONG,DAT U'LL DIE WHEN U WANT? cheesy cheesy
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by IdiAmin2(m): 9:39pm On Aug 29, 2010
philip0906:

^^
Don't run 4 cover. . .u know u've lost it.u r now using desperate tactics 2 prove your point.I said,my life is in God's hands and I have no control over my life.Thats my belief.The day I die,I'll be turned 2 dust and ants would feed on my body.Dats how God made it 2 be.Dats how God did it after d fall of man.Now,it is left 4 u dat claims 2 be in control of your life,2 prove 2 God that he does not own u and u'll die when u want.U'VE AVOIDED THIS QUESTION SINCE.U R ONLY PLAYING WITH THE SMILEYS. . .Y CAN'T U PROVE GOD WRONG,DAT U'LL DIE WHEN U WANT? cheesy cheesy

Oh boy, u just amaze me more and more.
what is 'fall of man'?
stories from the bible. That is all it is stories
Adam and eve never existed. Your religious programmers told u it all started with adam and eve 6,000 years ago. However we have the sphinx and the pyramids of Giza that are more than 10,000 years old, daaaaaaah!
the adam and eve story is copied straight from the ancient babylonian myth of Inki and ninti which is about 4,000 years before adam was supposed to have been created.
Forget it, Adam never existed, its all a myth, fable, story. so dont talk to me about fall of man.

The religious programmers are smart.
in order to back up the salvation doctrine, they need to make u feel guilty and that u need a saviour. so they created your adam and eve and that they fell.
STOOOOOORIES!!!!
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 9:45pm On Aug 29, 2010
Archaeology is an important science that confirms the historical accuracy of the Bible. Since the Bible makes reference to hundreds of cities, kings, and places, we would expect to find evidence from on-site excavations. If we did not find any such evidence, we would highly question the Bible's claim of inspiration and tend to view it as myth and folklore. We would regard the Bible as the product of human imagination rather than a divinely inspired record about real historical events, about real people living in real cities.

At the turn of the century, skeptics viewed the Bible as myth rather than real world history . For example, the Bible makes over 40 references to the great Hittite Empire. You see, 100 years ago, no archaeological evidence had ever been found to prove it really did exist. "Just another Bible myth!" skeptics charged in an attempt to destroy our faith in the Bible. This, however, cannot be said today, for in 1906, Hugo Winckler uncovered a library of 10,000 clay tablets. These ancient records fully documented the long lost Hittite Empire and confirmed the reliability of the Bible. Later excavations uncovered Boghazkoy, the capital city of this "mythical" empire.

These discoveries not only authenticate Scripture, but also illuminate many aspects of biblical culture. Abraham's purchase of Ephron's field records the following: "So Ephron's field, which was in Machpelah, which faced Mamre, the field and cave which was in it, and all the trees which were in the field, that were within all the confines of its border, were deeded over to Abraham for a possession in the presence of the sons of Heth." (Genesis 23:17), This reflects the standard Hittite real estate procedure of counting the trees involved in any purchase or sale of land. Note also that the witnesses to Abraham's purchase were the "son's of Heth" -i.e. the Hittites.

Today, so many Bible cities, names and events have been unearthed through archaeology that the Bible is considered the single most important historical document in existence. Many lost cities have been located using the Bible as a road map. So startling and impressive are some of the finds that one archaeologist was compelled to say, "They are digging up Bible stories!"

The shovel and spade have confirmed that the historical information of the Bible is both accurate and reliable.

Skeptics once rejected the Bible's claim that the Hittite Empire existed until they saw the evidence with their own eyes. Today, skeptics reject the Bible's claim that God himself exists or that the Bible is a divinely written book. Perhaps the only way they will believe in God is after they have seen him with their own eyes when they stand before Him in the judgment day. Only, then it will be too late!
   For many centuries, the Old Testament stood as the lone historical record of numerous events, places and people of the ancient world. Many of these records were once publicly ridiculed by skeptics of the Bible as being inauthentic and incorrect. It was reasoned that since no mention of them had been found in any other historical writing that this proved once and for all that the Bible was incorrect. Recent archeological discoveries, however, have proven the Bible to be correct in great detail and those who opposed it to be false.

In Genesis 11:31, for instance, Abraham (Abram) is said to have lived in the city of your. The existence of this great city was often scorned until, recent archeological diggings uncovered its ancient ruins. Temples, houses, and even the king's and queen's tombs have been discovered.

The ancient Egyptian city of Pithom has been uncovered and storehouses fitting the description of those built by the Israelites have been found, the lower portion containing brick with straw and the upper portion containing brick without straw. (See Exodus 1:11; 5:7). The mummy of Neneptah II, widely believed to be the Pharaoh of the exodus, has been discovered. A hymn to him mentions Israel and the inscription tells of the death of his young son, possibly the one mentioned in the last plague (Exodus 12:29).

If only more would realize that the Bible is not only a guide to the fallen ruins of ancient cities, but also a road map to the glorious city of Heaven! If only more would trust their Bible as being God's inspired message for mankind. Since archaeology has proven the historical trustworthiness of the Bible we had better take note about what the Bible says will happen in the future before it too, becomes a true footnote in history.

The evidence presented here is just a tiny portion of the proofs available to establish the divine origin of the Bible. Yet, they are more than sufficient to prove the inspiration of the Bible. There will always be men who scoff at the Bible. You, however, can be confident when you read your Bible that God is the author
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 9:46pm On Aug 29, 2010
"And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the LORD caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided." (Exodus 14:21)

The Hebrew Exodus from Egypt is in scope the most miraculous event ever to be recorded by man. It's historicity though has been challenged and reduced to mere mythology by many religious theologians and biblical archaeologists until recently. In 1978 Ron Wyatt, a biblical archaeologist without formal training, confounded the opponents of biblical historical accuracy by discovering the true "Exodus Red Sea Crossing" in the Gulf of Aqaba (Red Sea) at Nuweiba, Sinai Peninsula.

The authenticity of Wyatt's claim has been validated with the discovery of the remains of ancient Egyptian army chariots lying at the bottom of an underwater land bridge connecting Sinai to Saudi Arabia. Many coral encrusted chariot wheels, and a gilded four spoked chariot wheel were found. Fossilized human and horse bones were also recovered, but carbon dating was not possible.

The Hebrew name given to the Red Sea crossing site was Pi-hahiroth (Hebrew: פִּי הַחִירֹת). The Hebrew name "Pi-hahiroth" has been translated as "mouth of the gorges," descriptive of its location, where the mouths of two rivers (wadis) combine at the point of entry into the sea. The Nuweiba peninsula fits this description exactly. The historical significance of the Nuweiba site as the site of the Exodus crossing was also known in ancient times. This fact is attested to by the discovery of "commemorative inscriptions erected by King Solomon" on both the Sinai and Saudi Arabian sides of the crossing.

In 2000 Dr. Lennart Moller, a research scientist from Sweden, headed an expedition that retraced the footsteps of Wyatt. Soon after the expedition, it's Swedish backers produced an excellent documentary video and book supporting Wyatt's claims as well as adding extensively to the archaeological documentation. Archaeological research is ongoing, with a new documentary due in 2008.
http://www.messianic-literary.com/chariots.htm
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by IdiAmin2(m): 9:59pm On Aug 29, 2010
philip0906:

"And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the LORD caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided." (Exodus 14:21)

The Hebrew Exodus from Egypt is in scope the most miraculous event ever to be recorded by man. It's historicity though has been challenged and reduced to mere mythology by many religious theologians and biblical archaeologists until recently. In 1978 Ron Wyatt, a biblical archaeologist without formal training, confounded the opponents of biblical historical accuracy by discovering the true "Exodus Red Sea Crossing" in the Gulf of Aqaba (Red Sea) at Nuweiba, Sinai Peninsula.

The authenticity of Wyatt's claim has been validated with the discovery of the remains of ancient Egyptian army chariots lying at the bottom of an underwater land bridge connecting Sinai to Saudi Arabia. Many coral encrusted chariot wheels, and a gilded four spoked chariot wheel were found. Fossilized human and horse bones were also recovered, but carbon dating was not possible.

The Hebrew name given to the Red Sea crossing site was Pi-hahiroth (Hebrew: פִּי הַחִירֹת). The Hebrew name "Pi-hahiroth" has been translated as "mouth of the gorges," descriptive of its location, where the mouths of two rivers (wadis) combine at the point of entry into the sea. The Nuweiba peninsula fits this description exactly. The historical significance of the Nuweiba site as the site of the Exodus crossing was also known in ancient times. This fact is attested to by the discovery of "commemorative inscriptions erected by King Solomon" on both the Sinai and Saudi Arabian sides of the crossing.

In 2000 Dr. Lennart Moller, a research scientist from Sweden, headed an expedition that retraced the footsteps of Wyatt. Soon after the expedition, it's Swedish backers produced an excellent documentary video and book supporting Wyatt's claims as well as adding extensively to the archaeological documentation. Archaeological research is ongoing, with a new documentary due in 2008.
http://www.messianic-literary.com/chariots.htm

so u are now copying and pasting. ok i will join you
watch this video and see where all the bible stories are copied from Africa. I will just paste the link for part 1, but watch all the parts. I read your pasted comments and went to the messianic literary website to read your so called chariots found in the red sea.
Nobody kept records like the ancient Egyptians, they put their stories in stone. till today, we cannot find any records of any people called hebrews living in egypt as slaves in the 100s of tombs and artefacts covering the from 4000 - 18000 years in Egypt

anyway I will paste some links to some lectures:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsZ7z2AveUw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byf6g2oZy_g
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 10:06pm On Aug 29, 2010
I'm telling u what archeologists found and u r putting up links of hungary munchkins who are desperate grin grin grin. . .more on d way wink
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 10:07pm On Aug 29, 2010
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 10:10pm On Aug 29, 2010
Biblical Archaeology: Ancient Civilization
Biblical archaeology really begins with the Sumerian civilization of about 2500 BC. To date, numerous sites and artifacts have been uncovered that reveal a great deal about the ancient Mesopotamian culture. One of the most dramatic finds is the Sumerian King List, which dates to approximately 2100 BC. This collection of clay tablets and prisms is most exciting because it divides the Sumerian kings into two categories; those who reigned before the "great flood" and those who reigned after it. The lists are also dramatic because they include the ages of the kings before and after the "great flood," which show the same phenomenal life span changes mentioned in the Bible. Actually, records of a global flood are found throughout most ancient cultures. For instance, the Epic of Gilgamesh from the ancient Babylonians contains an extensive flood story. Discovered on clay tablets in locations such as Ninevah and Megiddo, the Epic even includes a hero who built a great ship, filled it with animals, and used birds to see if the water had receded (see Genesis 7-cool.

Biblical Archaeology: Ancient Law & Culture
Biblical archaeology continues with the great military civilizations of ancient Mesopotamia and their ultimate impact on law and culture throughout the region. One significant find is the Law Code of Hammurabi, which is a seven foot tall, black diorite carving containing about 300 laws of Babylon's King Hammurabi (Hammurapi). Dated to about 1750 BC, the Law Code contains many civil laws that are similar to those found in the first five books of the Bible. Another find at the ancient city of Nuzi near the Tigris River uncovered approximately 20,000 clay tablets. Dated between 1500 and 1400 BC, these cuneiform texts explain the culture and customs of the time, many of which are similar to those found in the early books of the Bible.

Biblical Archaeology: Ancient Israel
Biblical archaeology then turns to the evidence for the early Israelites. The Merneptah Stele (also known as the Israel Stele) is an upright stone slab measuring over seven feet tall that contains carved hieroglyphic text dating to approximately 1230 BC. The Egyptian stele describes the military victories of Pharaoh Merneptah and includes the earliest mention of "Israel" outside the Bible. Although the specific battles covered by the stele are not included in the Bible, the stele establishes extra-biblical evidence that the Israelites were already living as a people in ancient Canaan by 1230 BC. In addition to the Stele, a large wall picture was discovered in the great Karnak Temple of Luxor (ancient Thebes), which shows battle scenes between the Egyptians and Israelites. These scenes have also been attributed to Pharaoh Merneptah and date to approximately 1209 BC. The Karnak Temple also contains records of Pharaoh Shishak's military victories about 280 years later. Specifically, the Shishak Relief depicts Egypt's victory over King Rehoboam in about 925 BC, when Solomon's Temple in Judah was plundered. This is the exact event mentioned in 1 Kings 14 and 2 Chronicles 12.

Outside Egypt, we also discover a wealth of evidence for the early Israelites. The Moabite Stone (Mesha Stele) is a three-foot stone slab discovered near Dibon ,East of the Dead Sea, that describes the reign of Mesha, King of Moab, around 850 BC. According to Genesis 19, the Moabites were neighbors of the Israelites. The stele covers victories by King Omri and Ahab of Israel against Moab, and Mesha's later victories on behalf of Moab against King Ahab's descendants (2 Kings 3). The Black Obelisk of Shalmaneser is a seven-foot, four-sided pillar of basalt that describes the victories of King Shalmaneser III of Assyria. Dated to about 841 BC, the Obelisk was discovered in the ancient palace of Nimrud and shows Israel's King Jehu kneeling before the Assyrian king in humble tribute (see 2 Kings 9-10).

Biblical Archaeology: The House of David and Solomon's Temple
Biblical archaeology covering ancient Israeli kings and culture received a huge lift in 1994 when archaeologists discovered a stone inscription at the ancient city of Dan, which refers to the "House of David." The House of David Inscription (Tel Dan Inscription) is important because it's the first ancient reference to King David outside the Bible. Specifically, the stone is a victory pillar of a King in Damascus dated about 250 years after David's reign, which mentions a "king of Israel" (probably Joram, son of Ahab) and a king of the "House of David" (probably Ahaziah of Judah). Another important find is the House of Yahweh Ostracon, which is a pottery shard dated to about 800 BC that contains a written receipt for a donation of silver shekels to Solomon's Temple. Written approximately 130 years after the completion of the Temple, this appears to be the earliest mention of Solomon's Temple outside the Bible.
http://www.allaboutarchaeology.org/biblical-archaeology.htm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

-20 Doom To Befall Nigeria - Duncan- Williams Prophesies / Interested In Moderating This Section? / How To Be The Apostle Paul Of Our Generation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.