Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,452 members, 7,812,378 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? (8479 Views)

Since Jesus Had No Seed, No Man Inherited His Righteousness / Man 'Resurrected' By Pastor Alph Lukau Arrested By Police / Mary The Mother Of Jesus Had No Other Children. A Biblical Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by Omooba77: 8:39am On Apr 09, 2023
If Jesus had not resurrected, our hope would have been in vain. Halleluyah, he arose, death could hold him.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by siofra(f): 8:50am On Apr 09, 2023
How do we know he resurrected?

24 Likes

Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by derolemode(m): 8:50am On Apr 09, 2023
Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by Wellington94(m): 8:50am On Apr 09, 2023
Yes
Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by Sergio101(m): 8:51am On Apr 09, 2023
cool

Glory to Almighty God.

There's a great joy in being with Christ.

Nairalanders........2021, i was to the point of becoming an atheist. What's the reason......I kept using logic in everything termed spiritual.

Kept questioning many things about existence of God, relating it to science and arriving at 0 after everything.

It brought many calamities to me. Happiness varnished.

But today.......I give Glory to God

Please praise and worship Lord God with your whole heart and avoid linking it with logic.

Just believe. Happiness varnishes when you try to figure out some things beyond you

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by alcuin(m): 8:51am On Apr 09, 2023
Actually, he needs to exist first.

12 Likes

Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by lendahand(m): 8:51am On Apr 09, 2023
There will be no hope, no salvation from fallen angels, no victory over temptation, evil, sin and damnation.

There will be no communication with the Father, Son and Holy Ghost

Hell will be a must for all men!!

Infact if Jesus had not resurrected, there will be no Christianity, no light in this evil world, it will be darkness and horror throughout...

Thank God for Jesus Christ!!!

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by omojeesu(m): 8:51am On Apr 09, 2023
*Evidence that demands a verdict*:

1. *The OT predicted* His incarnation, birth, life & ministry, *arrest, mockings, torture, execution, resurrection & ascension*. They are *many, over 300* of them. However, the *source* of them is *Genesis 3:15* - And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; *it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel*.

2. *Jesus predicted His own death & resurrection*

Mark
10:32 And they were in the way *going up to Jerusalem*; and Jesus went before them: and they were amazed; and as they followed, they were afraid. And he took again the twelve, and *began to tell them what things should happen unto him*,

10:33 Saying, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and _the Son of man_ *shall be delivered* unto the chief priests, and unto the scribes; and *they shall condemn him to death*, and *shall deliver him to the Gentiles*:

10:34 And *they shall mock him*, and shall *scourge him*, and shall *spit upon him*, and shall *kill him*: and *the third day he shall rise again*.

3. *Fulfilments*

a) When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, *he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost* - John 19:30

b) Mark
16:5 And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted. 16:6 And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: *Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here*: behold the place where they laid him.

16:7 But go your way, tell his disciples and Peter that *he goeth before you into Galilee: there shall ye see him, as he said unto you*.

c) Mark
16:9 Now *when Jesus was risen* early the first day of the week, *he appeared first to Mary Magdalene*, out of whom he had cast seven devils.

16:12 *After that* he appeared in another form unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country.

16:14 *Afterward* he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and *upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen*.

d) *The testimony of Apostle Paul*

1 Corinthians
15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that *Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures*;

15:4 And that he was *buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures*:

15:5 And that he was *seen* of Cephas, then of the twelve:

15:6 *After that*, he was *seen of above five hundred brethren at once*; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

15:7 *After that*, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.

15:8 And *last of all he was seen of me also*, as of one born out of due time.

e) *Revelation Declaration by Jesus*

Revelation
1:12 And *I turned to see the voice that spake with me*. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;

1:13 And *in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man*, *clothed* with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a *golden girdle*.

1:14 His *head and his hairs* were white like wool, as white as snow; and his *eyes* were as a flame of fire;

1:15 And his *feet* like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his *voice* as the sound of many waters.

1:16 And he had in his right *hand* seven stars: and out of his *mouth* went a sharp twoedged sword: and his *countenance* was as the sun shineth in his strength.

1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, *Fear not; I am the first and the last*:

1:18 I am *he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore*, Amen; and *have the keys of hell and of death*.

4. *The Call! The Invitation*

Jesus said unto her, *I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live*: - John 11:25

5. Finally, *have you received Jesus into your life? If you have not, please do so today! He loves you! I do too!*

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by Rexnegro(m): 8:51am On Apr 09, 2023
Then it wasn't time for him to die , so he won't die when it happened then .
Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by flexyrule(m): 8:51am On Apr 09, 2023
Not. Possible.

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by omojeesu(m): 8:52am On Apr 09, 2023
siofra:
How do we know he resurrected?

1. *The OT predicted* His incarnation, birth, life & ministry, *arrest, mockings, torture, execution, resurrection & ascension*. They are *many, over 300* of them. However, the *source* of them is *Genesis 3:15* - And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; *it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel*.

Mark
10:32 And they were in the way *going up to Jerusalem*; and Jesus went before them: and they were amazed; and as they followed, they were afraid. And he took again the twelve, and *began to tell them what things should happen unto him*,

10:33 Saying, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and _the Son of man_ *shall be delivered* unto the chief priests, and unto the scribes; and *they shall condemn him to death*, and *shall deliver him to the Gentiles*:

10:34 And *they shall mock him*, and shall *scourge him*, and shall *spit upon him*, and shall *kill him*: and *the third day he shall rise again*.

3. *Fulfilments*

a) When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, *he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost* - John 19:30

b) Mark
16:5 And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted. 16:6 And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: *Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here*: behold the place where they laid him.

16:7 But go your way, tell his disciples and Peter that *he goeth before you into Galilee: there shall ye see him, as he said unto you*.

c) Mark
16:9 Now *when Jesus was risen* early the first day of the week, *he appeared first to Mary Magdalene*, out of whom he had cast seven devils.

16:12 *After that* he appeared in another form unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country.

16:14 *Afterward* he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and *upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen*.

1 Corinthians
15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that *Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures*;

15:4 And that he was *buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures*:

15:6 *After that*, he was *seen of above five hundred brethren at once*; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

Revelation
1:12 And *I turned to see the voice that spake with me*. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;

1:13 And *in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man*, *clothed* with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a *golden girdle*.

1:14 His *head and his hairs* were white like wool, as white as snow; and his *eyes* were as a flame of fire;

1:15 And his *feet* like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his *voice* as the sound of many waters.

1:16 And he had in his right *hand* seven stars: and out of his *mouth* went a sharp twoedged sword: and his *countenance* was as the sun shineth in his strength.

1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, *Fear not; I am the first and the last*:

1:18 I am *he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore*, Amen; and *have the keys of hell and of death*.

Jesus said unto her, *I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live*: - John 11:25

5. Finally, *have you received Jesus into your life? If you have not, please do so today! He loves you! I do too!*

6 Likes

Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by iHateFraudsters: 8:52am On Apr 09, 2023
Of what use is the dead white man's resurrection to humanity?

He's just a white man that died.

6 Likes

Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by omojeesu(m): 8:53am On Apr 09, 2023
[quote author=Onefornaija7 post=122391733]Did resurrection story really happen?

Is it factual or was it just to teach moral lessons?

I need advice please.

Mark

3. *Fulfilments*

b) Mark

c) Mark

1 Corinthians

Revelation

Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by JohnPortar: 8:53am On Apr 09, 2023
F
Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by AntiChristian: 8:53am On Apr 09, 2023
He didn't die but was resurrected!
He's to come back and denounce Christianity; a religion he didn't start!
Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by omojeesu(m): 8:53am On Apr 09, 2023
alcuin:
Actually, he needs to exist first.

Mark

3. *Fulfilments*

b) Mark

c) Mark

1 Corinthians

Revelation

Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by Flapp478(m): 8:55am On Apr 09, 2023
It is well

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by GboyegaD(m): 8:55am On Apr 09, 2023
Our faith would have been in vain and there will be nothing like Christianity.

2 Likes

Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by spiceadole: 8:55am On Apr 09, 2023
Omooba77:
If Jesus had not resurrected, our hope would have been in vain. Halleluyah, he arose, death could hold him.

Keep deceiving yourself.

5 Likes

Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by hopefulLandlord: 8:55am On Apr 09, 2023
Which ressurrect?

A Jew who kept sharping his mouth that he's god, gathered 12 men who believed his delusions and was disturbing the peace of people around got his people angry. they held him beat the holy living crap out of him and hung him on a cross like they do common thieves those days and he then screamed like a common mortal would and died just like the mortals that were on his right and left. his apostles then stole his body and claim he rose on the third day lol.

Some Africans today heard another narrative from a book handed to them by their pink skinned slavemasters and then believed it to be true. they then started praying in the name of the that deluded Jew but the Jews themselves know the true story that's why they are not "Christians" but majorly Jewish and shocking part is that there are almost ten times more Muslims in Israel than there are Christians

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by Blakjewelry(m): 8:56am On Apr 09, 2023
Make I no talk today
Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by Utanisco(m): 8:56am On Apr 09, 2023
They'll be no salvation

Without Jesus Christ

I will not fvck and still stay alive
I'll not steal and still stay alive
I'll not kill and still stay alive
I'll not engage in any illegal thing and still stay alive

Jesus Christ the hope of the world
King jesus

2 Likes

Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by Emma09(m): 8:57am On Apr 09, 2023
Then the scriptures wouldn't have been fulfilled. If Jesus had not resurrected, there would not be salvation and redemption for mankind after the fall of man in the garden of Eden.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by alcuin(m): 8:57am On Apr 09, 2023
The bible is not a book of evidences. The bible is primary book of constructing the Jesus myth, as well as other myths. There's absolutely no verifiable proof of Jesus existence outside the bible.
Subject to academic and historical analyses, I'm constrained to tell you that the Jesus personality did not exist. Feel free to debate it.

omojeesu:

Mark

3. *Fulfilments*

b) Mark

c) Mark

1 Corinthians

Revelation

4 Likes

Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by happney65: 8:58am On Apr 09, 2023
Lamba. grin

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by Maynman: 8:58am On Apr 09, 2023
omojeesu:

Mark

3. *Fulfilments*

b) Mark

c) Mark

1 Corinthians

Revelation

https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/biblical-topics/new-testament/the-strange-ending-of-the-gospel-of-mark-and-why-it-makes-all-the-difference/

2 Likes

Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by wonder233: 8:58am On Apr 09, 2023
Death could NOT hold him... Please correct it OP
Omooba77:
Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by GreatAchiever1: 8:59am On Apr 09, 2023
1 Corinthians 15:14

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by wonder233: 9:00am On Apr 09, 2023
Stop spamming all threads with this your jiji ads crap
Onefornaija7:
Did resurrection story really happen?

Is it factual or was it just to teach moral lessons?

I need advice please.

Are Jiji premium paid ads worth it?

If No, what are other better places to advertise gadgets like phones, laptops, cars?.

2 Likes

Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by Samuelnze(m): 9:00am On Apr 09, 2023
What would have made him not to resurrect?
when He said "He is the way,the truth and [the life],. He is life and He gives it,[He is what He gives].

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Had Not Resurrected? by occfx: 9:01am On Apr 09, 2023
Omooba77:

I think Mohammed wanted to resurrect too but e no work can someone confirm?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Seek Ye?(the Grail Message-vol 1) / The Revelation Of Jesus Christ Which God Almighty Gave To Him To Give To You / What Did You Learn In Church Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.