Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,976 members, 7,952,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:53 AM

"I Am Ashamed As A Nigerian". - Atiku Reacts To #electionresults - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Am Ashamed As A Nigerian". - Atiku Reacts To #electionresults (2655 Views)

Atiku Reacts To Tinubu Slipping While Climbing Parade Vehicle / Beloved Anieze: Lady Draws Atiku 2019, Atiku Reacts (Photos) / Frame-up: Atiku Reacts To Obasanjo’s Claim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Am Ashamed As A Nigerian". - Atiku Reacts To #electionresults by Zenzi: 1:12pm On Feb 27, 2019
The People's Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate in the just concluded presidential election, Atiku Abubakar has rejected the outcome of the election which was won by President Buhari of the APC. Atiku stated these in a statement issued today 27th February, 2019. Read full statement below.

I thank the Nigerian people who trooped out in their millions to perform their civic duty this past Saturday. The patriotism of Nigerians is heartwarming and affirms my oft-repeated statement that we are brothers and sisters born from the womb of one mother Nigeria.

With regards to the Presidential elections that took place on February 23, 2019, it is clear that there were manifest and premeditated malpractices in many states which negate the results announced.

Other News: Reno Omokri Attacks Dele Momodu Over His Tweet to Atiku.

One obvious red flag is the statistical impossibility of states ravaged by the war on terror generating much higher voter turnouts than peaceful states.

The suppressed votes in my strongholds are so apparent and amateurish, that I am ashamed as a Nigerian that such could be allowed to happen. How can total votes in Akwa-Ibom, for instance, be 50% less than what they were in 2015?

Another glaring anomaly is the disruption of voting in strongholds of the Peoples Democratic Party in Lagos, Akwa-Ibom, Rivers and diverse other states, with the authorities doing little or nothing and in some cases facilitating these unfortunate situations.

The militarization of the electoral process is a disservice to our democracy and a throwback to the jackboot era of military dictatorship.

In some areas of the country, such as, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Imo states, troops deployed for the elections turned their guns on the very citizens they were meant to protect.

This is condemnable and should not be associated with our electoral process in the future.

I am a democrat and there are democratic avenues available to present the truth to the nation and the watching world. Already, many international observers have given their verdicts, which corroborate our observations. I am sure more will come in the coming hours and days.

If I had lost in a free and fair election, I would have called the victor within seconds of my being aware of his victory to offer not just my congratulations, but my services to help unite Nigeria by being a bridge between the North and the South.

However, in my democratic struggles for the past three decades, I have never seen our democracy so debased as it was on Saturday, February 23, 2019.

2007 was a challenge, but President Yar’Adua was remorseful. In 2019, it is sad to see those who trampled on democracy thumping their noses down on the Nigerian people.

Consequently, I hereby reject the result of the February 23, 2019 sham election and will be challenging it in court.

I want to assure my supporters and the entire Nigerian people that together, we will not allow democracy to be emasculated.

I hope and pray Nigerians will someday summon the courage to defend democracy. That is the only way we can move away from being the world headquarters for extreme poverty.

https://www.zenzireporters.com/2019/02/i-am-ashamed-as-nigerian-atiku-reacts.html

8 Likes

Re: "I Am Ashamed As A Nigerian". - Atiku Reacts To #electionresults by dulux07(m): 1:14pm On Feb 27, 2019
Ashamed. Lol sad Atiku of all people, wonders shall never end

7 Likes

Re: "I Am Ashamed As A Nigerian". - Atiku Reacts To #electionresults by Stalwert: 1:14pm On Feb 27, 2019
Nigeria is ashamed of you.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Ashamed As A Nigerian". - Atiku Reacts To #electionresults by michiyke2003(m): 1:15pm On Feb 27, 2019
Story, I knew it. Northerners are not that smart but Britain is the brain behind all this.

I told a Friend last two weeks that Atiku will lose this Election and will regain his mandate after 3 years and will be president for four years and will context again for another four years. Oga Atiku,please stop deceiving your followers for this has already been structured by you guys since 2014.

The north will rule again for another eighth years and they are deceiving us with Atiku and Buhari issue. There will be no Election in Nigeria in 2023. Atiku will become the President of Nigeria in 2022 and will complete his first tenure which will end in 2026 before another Election in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Ashamed As A Nigerian". - Atiku Reacts To #electionresults by dguyindcorner(m): 1:16pm On Feb 27, 2019
Go back to Cameroon
Re: "I Am Ashamed As A Nigerian". - Atiku Reacts To #electionresults by stephleena(f): 1:18pm On Feb 27, 2019
O.p, I'm looking for the line, where he said he's ashamed of being a Nigerian..

mtchwwe
Re: "I Am Ashamed As A Nigerian". - Atiku Reacts To #electionresults by MiaB(f): 1:28pm On Feb 27, 2019
stephleena:
O.p, I'm looking for the line, where he said he's ashamed of being a Nigerian..

mtchwwe
lol
Re: "I Am Ashamed As A Nigerian". - Atiku Reacts To #electionresults by smeag0l(m): 1:38pm On Feb 27, 2019
You need help!
michiyke2003:
Story, I knew it. Northerners are not that smart but Britain is the brain behind all this.

I told a Friend last two weeks that Atiku will lose this Election and will regain his mandate after 3 years and will be president for four years and will context again for another four years. Oga Atiku,please stop deceiving your followers for this has already been structured by you guys since 2014.

The north will rule again for another eighth years and they are deceiving us with Atiku and Buhari issue. There will be no Election in Nigeria in 2023. Atiku will become the President of Nigeria in 2022 and will complete his first tenure which will end in 2026 before another Election in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Ashamed As A Nigerian". - Atiku Reacts To #electionresults by Printerscanner: 1:44pm On Feb 27, 2019
I am also ashamed that an unrepentant looter and a bisexual from Cameroon, a chronic adulterer whose dicck cannot stay in one pusssy having wives all over the country, an America fugitive who had to bribe his way through, a believer in Marabouts and an economic saboteur ran for the exalted office of President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Ashamed As A Nigerian". - Atiku Reacts To #electionresults by asfrank(m): 1:47pm On Feb 27, 2019
Go get American Citizenship na.
Re: "I Am Ashamed As A Nigerian". - Atiku Reacts To #electionresults by asfrank(m): 1:57pm On Feb 27, 2019
Hear this man talk of places ravaged by insurgency. When those places have seen peace that was an illusion in 2015, this was his calculations all through, using the insurgency to plan his victory. banking on low turnout in Yobe and Borno. This guy is a complete fool, thank God he didn't win. when Northerns were queuing up at 2am on Saturday, his stronghold were liking twits nd post on Facebook. make we rest Abeg

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Ashamed As A Nigerian". - Atiku Reacts To #electionresults by Charmingrascal(m): 2:00pm On Feb 27, 2019
Atiku a known looter is ashamed of Nigeria?

Wonderful shall never end

Re: "I Am Ashamed As A Nigerian". - Atiku Reacts To #electionresults by dahmie2013: 2:04pm On Feb 27, 2019
michiyke2003:

Please can we know the cause of this? I know ppl wail, but this one is legendary. grin grin grin
Re: "I Am Ashamed As A Nigerian". - Atiku Reacts To #electionresults by BuhariAdvocate: 2:15pm On Feb 27, 2019
Atiku no get sense.Nigerians rejected you not by force to serve .
Re: "I Am Ashamed As A Nigerian". - Atiku Reacts To #electionresults by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 27, 2019
Did he win in his polling unit?
Re: "I Am Ashamed As A Nigerian". - Atiku Reacts To #electionresults by hoodedjaystrim(m): 2:33pm On Feb 27, 2019
Somebody give that man aboniki balm
He is in sifia pains

Re: "I Am Ashamed As A Nigerian". - Atiku Reacts To #electionresults by mammanbawa: 2:58pm On Feb 27, 2019
michiyke2003:

With all due respect sir.
You're very stupid
Re: "I Am Ashamed As A Nigerian". - Atiku Reacts To #electionresults by michiyke2003(m): 3:02pm On Feb 27, 2019
mammanbawa:
With all due respect sir. You're very stupid

Only stupid people call others stupid.
Re: "I Am Ashamed As A Nigerian". - Atiku Reacts To #electionresults by mirexxx(f): 3:16pm On Feb 27, 2019
michiyke2003:

how can this be?
Re: "I Am Ashamed As A Nigerian". - Atiku Reacts To #electionresults by Realist2: 3:48pm On Feb 27, 2019
don't give up,
Re: "I Am Ashamed As A Nigerian". - Atiku Reacts To #electionresults by Fhemmmy: 4:27pm On Feb 27, 2019
The master of the game has been played . . . .
Re: "I Am Ashamed As A Nigerian". - Atiku Reacts To #electionresults by Olufemiolaolu(m): 4:30pm On Feb 27, 2019
Na wa o so you can just turn reality upside down to suit you?. For the first time we had a semblance of an election in delta., the thugs were your thugs. The no of voters not higher than accredited this time. You do nonsense you see nonsense was the slogan, votes were cancelled.
Re: "I Am Ashamed As A Nigerian". - Atiku Reacts To #electionresults by OreMI22: 4:31pm On Feb 27, 2019
The issue today is how to save our democracy.

We are at a very crucial point in our history where whoever is in power can merely write results he likes and ask INEC to declare them as votes.

All that we know as democracy in Nigeria is being demolished.

Alhaji Atiku should not give up in leading the fight to save our democracy and save Nigeria.

Atiku's stolen mandate must be restored and the real votes announced at the polling stations upheld!

Re: "I Am Ashamed As A Nigerian". - Atiku Reacts To #electionresults by Corrosiveman(m): 4:51pm On Feb 27, 2019
OreMI22:
The issue today is how to save our democracy.

We are at a very crucial point in our history where whoever is in power can merely write results he likes and ask INEC to declare them as votes.

All that we know as democracy in Nigeria is being demolished.

Alhaji Atiku should not give up in leading the fight to save our democracy and save Nigeria.

Atiku's stolen mandate must be restored and the real votes announced at the polling stations upheld!
SEE AS YOU DEY WAIL.....CONTINUE
Re: "I Am Ashamed As A Nigerian". - Atiku Reacts To #electionresults by janvier27(m): 5:06pm On Feb 27, 2019
Sorry it was a referendum on integrity indeed. You were a bad product, and your campaign strategy was wrong. Your field soldiers bullied everyone who saw things differently calling them cows, dogs and so on while the winning party focused their campaign on a theme that always reminded all about your past activities with a warning that we shouldn't go back to that era; and they kept repeating this line in every campaign. Your campaign had no clear theme probably because you had nothing new to offer. That made it easier for people to assume that you were just going to take us back to the day light robbery period and your backers were simply desperate to quash their ongoing trials and of course return us to the past. You spent a lot from the primaries to the end cos you were not so appealing to your party, and that got a lot of people wondering what the motives are. I imagine many people voted character over anything else, including the poor masses who know nothing about internet but have heard and seen what they can use to compare you with your contestant. I salute kwarans. They had a clear campaign theme and followed it through. Theirs was also a referendum on integrity.
Re: "I Am Ashamed As A Nigerian". - Atiku Reacts To #electionresults by sleekdot(m): 5:08pm On Feb 27, 2019
when did he become Nigerian

Is he not Biafran or Camerounian
Re: "I Am Ashamed As A Nigerian". - Atiku Reacts To #electionresults by Vincent970(m): 5:15pm On Feb 27, 2019
this is nigeria!everybody be criminal
Re: "I Am Ashamed As A Nigerian". - Atiku Reacts To #electionresults by nwanyionitsha: 5:33pm On Feb 27, 2019
How will he become president in 2022?
michiyke2003:

Re: "I Am Ashamed As A Nigerian". - Atiku Reacts To #electionresults by Princeboca12(m): 5:35pm On Feb 27, 2019
Printerscanner:
I am also ashamed that an unrepentant looter and a bisexual from Cameroon, a chronic adulterer whose dicck cannot stay in one pusssy having wives all over the country, an America fugitive who had to bribe his way through, a believer in Marabouts and an economic saboteur ran for the exalted office of President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

All these for one man. I hope you are a saint too. If I don't see you in heaven, I will come to hell and beat you mercilessly.
Re: "I Am Ashamed As A Nigerian". - Atiku Reacts To #electionresults by Vikky014(f): 6:05pm On Feb 27, 2019
Princeboca12:

All these for one man. I hope you are a saint too. If I don't see you in heaven, I will come to hell and beat you mercilessly.
Lmao
Re: "I Am Ashamed As A Nigerian". - Atiku Reacts To #electionresults by michiyke2003(m): 10:43pm On Feb 27, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
How will he become president in 2022?

Just don't forget to quote me when the time comes. The court will keep on prolonging this issue of rigging of election till 2022.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Opens Up On Why Soldiers Were Sent To COZA Headquarters / Niger Delta Tribes: Open Letter To Mazi Nnamdi Kanu[photos ] / Fact-checking: Did Peter Obi Really Leave 75 Billion Naira For Obiano?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.