Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,516 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus (12653 Views)

A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? / The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:15pm On Apr 12, 2020
Janosky:

Kumuyi no know the Bible,how him worshippers and front man go know?
John 17:3 ,go & figure it out,if you dey reason well grin

If I tell you about my Jesus your indoctrination will translate that for you to mean arch angel Michael, if I talk about the scriptures your NWT will twist it to water it down. What you guys need is deliverance from the bondage your organisation has put you through.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 12, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Why should I quote the scriptures to you knowing you only believe in your Watchtower fallacies? undecided

That's why i've been quoting the Watchtower magazine since, instead of the Bible! cheesy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:30pm On Apr 12, 2020
Maximus69:

That's why i've been quoting the Watchtower magazine since, instead of the Bible! cheesy

Why quote the Bible if you are not going to believe it unless you are hypocrites. undecided
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by TruthHurts100: 2:33pm On Apr 12, 2020
OLAADEGBU:
Jehovah's witnesses and the resurrection of Jesus

"The Watchtower organization says that Jesus did not rise from the dead in the same body he died in. Instead, it says that He rose as a spirit creature and that the material body of Jesus was taken away by God the Father. Therefore, they deny the physical resurrection of Christ. Is this important? Most definitely!"

https://carm.org/jehovahs-witnesses-and-resurrection-jesus

LOL, what did Jesus sacrificed for our sin? His body I guess. So what sense does it make that you still have what you have sacrificed?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:35pm On Apr 12, 2020
TruthHurts100:

LOL, what did Jesus sacrificed for our sin? His body I guess. So what sense does it make that you still have what you have sacrificed?

What then happened to His body that was sacrificed? undecided
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by TruthHurts100: 2:37pm On Apr 12, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know you the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesses not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof you have heard that it should come; and even now already it is in the world" (1 John 4:1-3).

Yes, Jesus came in flesh, and he sacrificed that body. When he resurrected, he didn't have the body anymore. Why was he entering houses without using the door?

I know you will ask me about Thomas touching his hand and trust me, I have an answer for you.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 12, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Why quote the Bible if you are not going to believe it unless you are hypocrites. undecided

I sorry for you, Kumuyi pikin! cheesy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by TruthHurts100: 2:41pm On Apr 12, 2020
OLAADEGBU:
Jehovah's witnesses and the resurrection of Jesus

"The Watchtower organization says that Jesus did not rise from the dead in the same body he died in. Instead, it says that He rose as a spirit creature and that the material body of Jesus was taken away by God the Father. Therefore, they deny the physical resurrection of Christ. Is this important? Most definitely!"

https://carm.org/jehovahs-witnesses-and-resurrection-jesus

But oga, out of all religious organizations in the world why are you so obsessed with Jehovah's Witnesses? Something good might come out of this las las. grin
We are like 8,000,000 globally, why do we have so much effect on the world? Why are we so singled out at any given chance?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:43pm On Apr 12, 2020
Maximus69:

I sorry for you, Kumuyi pikin! cheesy

Hypocrites!

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 12, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Hypocrites!

Kumuyi pikin! cheesy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by TruthHurts100: 2:45pm On Apr 12, 2020
asalimpo:

You know nothing. Adam was the first man. Everyman after Adam would have been a son of God but Adam's since sold everyone into a new kingdom,the kingdom of darkness. Satan is their spiritual father. God never called the children of Israel His children,but His servants. He related with them thru the old covenant looking forward to the day,He would give man a new heart (spirit).
Hence in the new covenant believers are not servants but sons. Read the book of Romans for this. And you get to b a son by being born again,in ur spirit. And being translated from Satan's kingdom (father of Jws ) to God's kingdom. You don't become born again by water baptism. It's just an outward sign. Dude, u guys are terribly deluded. Get sense. At salvation, the Holy spirit,not a force but a person,cones to I dwell the believer. A born again child of God is simply some1 with the spirit of God in him.
If you [b] have not the spirit of God, you are none of His [b] . Look for that verse in the Bible. If you like knock on 2million doors and hand out 10million he tracts.
You don't even know the basics,abc, of Christianity.

See the difference between JWs and the rest? See the dehumanizing words you used while discussing something spiritual?

I will ask you sir, what was Jesus response to Nicodemus when he asked what it means to be born again?

Answer with the Bible sir. Your own Bible. Let's see who is deluded here.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by TruthHurts100: 2:46pm On Apr 12, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

What then happened to His body that was sacrificed? undecided

So, you don't know and you started attacking JWs already?

Well, the answer is right there in your Bible. What Jesus did immediately he returned to heaven.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:47pm On Apr 12, 2020
TruthHurts100:

But oga, out of all religious organizations in the world why are you so obsessed with Jehovah's Witnesses? Something good might come out of this las las. grin
We are like 8,000,000 globally, why do we have so much effect on the world? Why are we so singled out at any given chance?

Why does COVID 19 have so much effect on the world? Shall we celebrate it? undecided
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:50pm On Apr 12, 2020
TruthHurts100:

So, you don't know and you started attacking JWs already?

Well, the answer is right there in your Bible. What Jesus did immediately he returned to heaven.

Did He return to heaven with His physical or spiritual body? undecided
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by TruthHurts100: 3:05pm On Apr 12, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Did He return to heaven with His physical or spiritual body? undecided

Spiritual body sir. The Bible is clear. Flesh cannot gain access to heaven. Jesus is no exception sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 12, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Why does COVID 19 have so much effect on the world? Shall we celebrate it? undecided

Well Covid19 marks 100 years that Jehovah's Witnesses began preaching from door to door, trying to meet people with our discoveries in the Bible.

Joseph Rutherford and the others were released from prison in 1919 and they started this global work you know today.

Now the Governing Body have just ordered us to stop going to knock on doors of hostile people, we can only visit our friends who wants to study the Bible with us!

Jesus said "when you see all these things happening, lift up your heads because your deliverance is getting near" Luke 21:28

So for Jehovah's Witnesses, it's a time to reflect on what we've achieved so far globally.

As TruthHurts100 just told you, we're now 8.7 millions globally, none of us is a weapon carrier so we can confidently say our hands in not in the killings that's been happening due to Racism and Politics in the world {Isaiah 2:2-4} under the supervision of angel Michael (Jesus) the Prince of Peace! Isaiah 9:6 smiley

I don't know TruthHurts100 but it's now 100 years that our organization began the preaching and teaching work!

Happy 100 years anniversary and ending of going to knock the doors of hostile neighbours! Matthew 10:11-15 smiley

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by TruthHurts100: 3:16pm On Apr 12, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

LOL... It funny you compared JWs to a Virus. But it's OK, Jesus Christ said you will hate us because we are different and we don't do what you do. He said you will hate us because our message will sound strange in your ears.

We are happy and peaceful people. And you're just a very tiny fraction of people hating Jehovah's Witnesses. You have your pastors involved in crimes, money laundry... Robbing you dry in daylight. We have them involved in so many inhumane things but NO, you won't talk about them. It is US you love to attack all the time. If it is your papa that drinks tea with God now... You have nothing to say about them ooo grin grin grin
I hope someday you will realize that this is not about who understands the Bible most but it is about the ones who applies the Bible instructions and live by them.

We are happy preaching about God's Kingdom which is the only solution to all mankind's problems.

The theme of the Bible is THE KINGDOM OF GOD and that is what we are announcing. The Watchtower is the most distributed magazine in the world... It has never been by our power, we are good for nothing slaves, we have nothing to be proud of... Jehovah has definitely been supporting our sincere effort. As you hate us, thousands are becoming Jehovah's Witnesses by the day.

Covid-19 is a pestilence. One of the signs of the end Jesus Christ told us to look out for. More is to come. At God's time he will put an end to all these.

Stop attacking, we can learn about our creator together without becoming enemies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 12, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

What has this got to do with the OP?

Are you now scared of the unknown?

Aren't you confident in what your Pastor is telling you?

Why not go and ask Mr Kumuyi this question?

It just pain me that Maximus has blown the trumpet, well you now have something to meditate upon, or better still discard the things Maximus said and go ask your Pastor!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 12, 2020
Just few months ago, a study article in the Watchtower said

WE ARE IN THE LAST OF THE LAST DAYS!

And just before we knew it Covid19 arrived to mark the 100 years of our preaching and teaching work!

Never mind, keep antagonizing God's people to your own peril! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by Janosky: 3:39pm On Apr 12, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know you the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesses not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof you have heard that it should come; and even now already it is in the world" (1 John 4:1-3).

Shame on you kumuyi worshipper...
did 1 John 4:1-3 tell you that Jesus Christ resurrected to heaven in the flesh ?

You no get sense grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:54pm On Apr 12, 2020
TruthHurts100:

Spiritual body sir. The Bible is clear. Flesh cannot gain access to heaven. Jesus is no exception sir.

So what happened to His physical body, where is it? undecided
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by Janosky: 4:03pm On Apr 12, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

What did Jesus Christ sacrifice for your sins?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by TruthHurts100: 4:25pm On Apr 12, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Mary, when she first saw Jesus after his resurrection, did not recognize him, thinking that he must be the gardener. On the road to Emmaus, he was recognized by his manners and actions, not by his facial features.

If he still had his body why would Mary not recognize him?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:31pm On Apr 12, 2020
TruthHurts100:

Mary, when she first saw Jesus after his resurrection, did not recognize him, thinking that he must be the gardener. On the road to Emmaus, he was recognized by his manners and actions, not by his facial features.

If he still had his body why would Mary not recognize him?

You are still prevaricating. Where is the physical body that Jesus died in? undecided
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by TruthHurts100: 6:57pm On Apr 12, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

You are still prevaricating. Where is the physical body that Jesus died in? undecided

Where is the body of Moses?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by bukhety(f): 10:35pm On Apr 12, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

it is in my house�, pls come and carry it tommorrow morning.
pls brothers, if we argue with pple from today till God knows when, person wey no go hear no go hear. Afterall, this Jesus they are now carrying for head like gala, was in the midst of people for years and they did not believe him. You see sighted scriptures and u still no wan believe, okay mr olaadegbu, we are all sorry, u are right and we are wrong.
Just so u NOTE: Nobody knows where Jesus body is, just like moses and enoch. Only Jehovah knows. But if u say we are wrong no problems, we are sorry for been wrong, just fry your own garri lets fry ours. i dont know y that is difficult for u guys!��
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by Janosky: 10:30am On Apr 13, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Hebrews 10:10, KJV: "By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all." ..

. Hebrews 10:10, NLT: "For God's will was for us to be made holy by the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ, once for all time."

John 6:51
I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. And this bread, which I will give for the life of the world, is My flesh."

Jesus says he sacrificed his body for the sin of mankind.... 1 Peter 2:24.

Kumuyi worshipper, after you give offering,you dey collect back your offering from your Church box ?

Kumuyi junk done fry your brain. grin grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by Janosky: 10:44am On Apr 13, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

If I tell you about my Jesus your indoctrination will translate that for you to mean arch angel Michael, if I talk about the scriptures your NWT will twist it to water it down. What you guys need is deliverance from the bondage your organisation has put you through.

You are spewing kumuyi junk , not the holy Scriptures.
You can't prove anything shishi.....
This topic is PROOF you know nothing about the holy Scriptures.....
You need to purge yourself from kumuyi junk, if not your case is beyond redemption..
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by Janosky: 10:48am On Apr 13, 2020
TruthHurts100:

grin grin
Kumuyi worshipper is suffering from sifia disorientation from reality..
Kumuyi junk done fry him brain wella grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 13, 2020
Janosky:

You are spewing kumuyi junk , not the holy Scriptures.
You can't prove anything shishi.....
This topic is PROOF you know nothing about the holy Scriptures.....
You need to purge yourself from kumuyi junk, if not your case is beyond redemption..

Just when he wanted to start celebrating Kumuyi's gigantic business center at Gbagada, Covid19 turned out to make him realize Kumuyi's café is a hopeless structure! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:25pm On Apr 13, 2020
TruthHurts100:

Where is the body of Moses?

It's in the valley in the land of Moab, I guess your GB leaders did not know that. undecided
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:27pm On Apr 13, 2020
bukhety:

it is in my house�, pls come and carry it tommorrow morning.
pls brothers, if we argue with pple from today till God knows when, person wey no go hear no go hear. Afterall, this Jesus they are now carrying for head like gala, was in the midst of people for years and they did not believe him. You see sighted scriptures and u still no wan believe, okay mr olaadegbu, we are all sorry, u are right and we are wrong.
Just so u NOTE: Nobody knows where Jesus body is, just like moses and enoch. Only Jehovah knows. But if u say we are wrong no problems, we are sorry for been wrong, just fry your own garri lets fry ours. i dont know y that is difficult for u guys!��

Where was Jesus' buried? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Six Important Ways To Please God / Michael Jackson's Brother Runs To Tb Joshua / List Of Great Men That Fell In The Bible Because Of Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.