Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,179 members, 7,811,440 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters (59502 Views)

I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu / Tinubu Stomach Infrastructure 2023, Sahara Reporters / If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by Ayobami7(m): 10:41am On Mar 02, 2019
All the best to him
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by raumdeuter: 12:43pm On Mar 02, 2019
lexy2014:

As at 2011, ACN was d biggest& most successful party in Lagos state. How possible is that only 3 people in ACN wanted 2b senators?

I didn't tell u it was a coincidence. I told u that u are only assuming as to what prompted Quayles decision to withdraw from d race. Like I told u earlier, there could b a number of reasons y Quayle decided to step down but did not include influence from George bush (snr) friends. Infact, it will interest u to no that Quayle actually had d backing of George bush snr.

Are u sure u got ur last sentence or question right? Looking at d sanwo-olu case, what led 2 his emergence as candidate 4 APC?

In the same vein, Texas is a Republican state are you saying out of the millions of Republicans in the state only the Son of the former President was qualified to be governor

Just like you are also assuming that Remi had the backing of Bola Tinubu, It could be that majority of Lagosians wanted her and not the influence of Bola Tinubu

What led to the emergence of SanwoOlu? Majority of Lagosians wanted him or are you trying to assume he was imposed by Tinubu?
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by Johnnyessence(m): 1:43pm On Mar 02, 2019
buhariguy:
are you still alive? hmm,
i thought you have committed suicide,
that means you must die next week.
back to sender to you. in 1000 fold.
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by lexy2014: 2:37pm On Mar 02, 2019
raumdeuter:

In the same vein, Texas is a Republican state are you saying out of the millions of Republicans in the state only the Son of the former President was qualified to be governor

Just like you are also assuming that Remi had the backing of Bola Tinubu, It could be that majority of Lagosians wanted her and not the influence of Bola Tinubu

What led to the emergence of SanwoOlu? Majority of Lagosians wanted him or are you trying to assume he was imposed by Tinubu?

That's is y I asked u earlier, was there ever a time that George Bush (jnr)& Jeb Bush ran unopposed at d Republican conventions both at d state& federal levels? D answer to that will shatter ur theory about what d majority of texans or majority of lagosians wanted. Cos as u well aware, we are still talking about intra party politics not general elections. So as at 2011, how possible is it that just 3people were interested in running 4 senate in d ACN considering its size& success?

Regarding Dan Quayle, am sure this piece of literature will help u put d issue 2 rest. U can't justify Tinubus style of politics by putting George bush(snr), his sons& Tinubu in d same sentence.

https://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/27/us/quayle-outspent-by-bush-will-quit-race-aide-says.html

Who are d "majority of Lagosians"? Can u give a percentage? How did d "majority of lagosians" want sanwo-olu? If not 4d upcoming elections, would "majority of Lagosians" have even known sanwo-olu? Was it "majority of lagosians" that pushed 4 sanwo-olus candidacy? Was it "majority of lagosians" that asked Ambode & hamzat to step down 4 sanwo-olu?
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by raumdeuter: 3:09pm On Mar 02, 2019
lexy2014:

That's is y I asked u earlier, was there ever a time that George Bush (jnr)& Jeb Bush ran unopposed at d Republican conventions both at d state& federal levels? D answer to that will shatter ur theory about what d majority of texans or majority of lagosians wanted. Cos as u well aware, we are still talking about intra party politics not general elections. So as at 2011, how possible is it that just 3people were interested in running 4 senate in d ACN considering its size& success?
Regarding Dan Quayle, am sure this piece of literature will help u put d issue 2 rest. U can't justify Tinubus style of politics by putting George bush(snr), his sons& Tinubu in d same sentence.

https://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/27/us/quayle-outspent-by-bush-will-quit-race-aide-says.html
Who are d "majority of Lagosians"? Can u give a percentage? How did d "majority of lagosians" want sanwo-olu? If not 4d upcoming elections, would "majority of Lagosians" have even known sanwo-olu? Was it "majority of lagosians" that pushed 4 sanwo-olus candidacy? Was it "majority of lagosians" that asked Ambode & hamzat to step down 4 sanwo-olu?

Running unopposed is a party decision and not just Remi benefitted from it all. At the intra party level it was decided that all Lagos senators should not contest with anyone

Tell us what is the difference between Tinubu and Bush. Bush father was President, George jnr was Governor and president, Jeb was governor

Out of 300M Americans is it only them?

1 Like

Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by lexy2014: 3:36pm On Mar 02, 2019
raumdeuter:

Running unopposed is a party decision and not just Remi benefitted from it all. At the intra party level it was decided that all Lagos senators should not contest with anyone

Tell us what is the difference between Tinubu and Bush. Bush father was President, George jnr was Governor and president, Jeb was governor

Out of 300M Americans is it only them?

I didn't tell u only that it was only remi that benefitted from whatever arrangement they had. Whether she was d sole beneficiary or not, it doesn't change d complexion of d discussion. D question I asked is this, how possible was it that it was only 3 people that were interested in being senators on d platform of ACN? Let me put it another way 4u so u can understand. Did other people in ACN not have senatorial ambitions in 2011?

If u say it was d party's decision 4d senatorial candidates to emerge unopposed, who was d leader of d party at d time? Who was d chief financier of d party even beyond Lagos state? Who determined how d party was run both in Lagos & in other SW States?

D language I used was this, "u can't JUSTIFY Tinubus style of politics by putting George bush, his sons & Tinubu in d same sentence. D key word there is JUSTIFY. that was what u sought to do that's y u brought George bush& his sons & dan quayle being " influenced" into d discussion. So far, u haven't been able prove that there's a connection between George Bush's style of politics & that of Tinubus.

When u say "out of 300m people, is it only them?", what do u mean?

Are u done with d sanwo-olu issue or u still want to shed light on what u meant by "majority of lagosians"?
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by raumdeuter: 3:50pm On Mar 02, 2019
lexy2014:

I didn't tell u only that it was only remi that benefitted from whatever arrangement they had. Whether she was d sole beneficiary or not, it doesn't change d complexion of d discussion. D question I asked is this, how possible was it that it was only 3 people that were interested in being senators on d platform of ACN? Let me put it another way 4u so u can understand. Did other people in ACN not have senatorial ambitions in 2011?

Did other people have the governorship ambitions under Republican party in Texas and Florida or was it that its the 2 Bush boys that were the best person for the 2 states

How possible was it that 2 of the ex presidents son were the best people for 2 different states

If u say it was d party's decision 4d senatorial candidates to emerge unopposed, who was d leader of d party at d time? Who was d chief financier of d party even beyond Lagos state? Who determined how d party was run both in Lagos & in other SW States?

D language I used was this, "u can't JUSTIFY Tinubus style of politics by putting George bush, his sons & Tinubu in d same sentence. D key word there is JUSTIFY. that was what u sought to do that's y u brought George bush& his sons & dan quayle being " influenced" into d discussion. So far, u haven't been able prove that there's a connection between George Bush's style of politics & that of Tinubus.

When u say "out of 300m people, is it only them?", what do u mean?

Are u done with d sanwo-olu issue or u still want to shed light on what u meant by "majority of lagosians"?

Bush was the immediate ex president and somehow his 2 sons became state governor

There is no difference between Bush and Tinubu. Bush is even worse because he used his influence to make his 2 sons governors in 2 different states and later president

When Tinubu will even get there will be if he installs his wife as Senator Governor and later president

SanwoOlu won a primary voted by APC people in Lagos and if he becomes governor he would have been voted by majority of Lagosians
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by lexy2014: 4:11pm On Mar 02, 2019
raumdeuter:

Did other people have the governorship ambitions under Republican party in Texas and Florida or was it that its the 2 Bush boys that were the best person for the 2 states

How possible was it that 2 of the ex presidents son were the best people for 2 different states

Bush was the immediate ex president and somehow his 2 sons became state governor

There is no difference between Bush and Tinubu. Bush is even worse because he used his influence to make his 2 sons governors in 2 different states and later president

When Tinubu will even get there will be if he installs his wife as Senator Governor and later president

SanwoOlu won a primary voted by APC people in Lagos and if he becomes governor he would have been voted by majority of Lagosians

Let me repeat this. Did George bush Jr& jeb bush run unopposed at d Republican conventions both at d state& national levels? U have avoided this question like leprosy. D answer to this question will help u answer ur query about how George &Jeb emerged as governorship candidates 4d republican party in Texas& Florida.

So far, u haven't been able to prove that George bush sr influenced his sons' political ambition. U are just guessing. Earlier, u came up with a story that d reason Dan Quayle stepped down from d presidential race in 1999/2000 was because dick Cheney& co pressured him to step down at d behest of Bush snr. I told u that u are doing guess work& u are still guessing. guess work can't hold water. I have shared with u a report from NY times written in 1999 that shatters ur line of reasoning. So I think that puts paid to ur guesses.

B4 Sanwo-olu won d ticket as governorship what happened? According 2u,

raumdeuter:

Majority of Lagosians wanted him

So far, u haven't been able to shed light on what u mean by "majority of lagosians wanted him" even b4 he was confirmed as d governorship candidate.

Pls answer d following

lexy2014:

Lastly, who are d 300m people u talked about earlier?
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by raumdeuter: 4:24pm On Mar 02, 2019
lexy2014:

Let me repeat this. Did George bush Jr& jeb bush run unopposed at d Republican conventions both at d state& national levels? U have avoided this question like leprosy. D answer to this question will help u answer ur query about how George &Jeb emerged as governorship candidates 4d republican party in Texas& Florida.

So far, u haven't been able to prove that George bush sr influenced his sons' political ambition. U are just guessing. Earlier, u came up with a story that d reason Dan Quayle stepped down from d presidential race in 1999/2000 was because dick Cheney& co pressured him to step down at d behest of Bush snr. I told u that u are doing guess work& u are still guessing. guess work can't hold water. I have shared with u a report from NY times written in 1999 that shatters ur line of reasoning. So I think that puts paid to ur guesses.

Have you provided any proof beyond guesswork that Bola influenced his wifes election into Senate? Quayle dropped out of the race and supported his boss son

B4 Sanwo-olu won d ticket as governorship what happened? According 2u,
Before SanwoOlu won the ticket, he purchased nomination form and majority of APC Lagosians voted him

So far, u haven't been able to shed light on what u mean by "majority of lagosians wanted him" even b4 he was confirmed as d governorship candidate.
The majority of APC party men stood by him and encouraged him to contest, they supported him in large numbers

Pls answer d following
Lastly, who are d 300m people u talked about earlier?

300M Americans who voted George Bush Senior and later his son. Are we saying out of 300M Americans only the 2 Bush's are good enough to be president
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by lexy2014: 4:48pm On Mar 02, 2019
raumdeuter:

Have you provided any proof beyond guesswork that Bola influenced his wifes election into Senate? Quayle dropped out of the race and supported his boss son

Before SanwoOlu won the ticket, he purchased nomination form and majority of APC Lagosians voted him

The majority of APC party men stood by him and encouraged him to contest, they supported him in large numbers

300M Americans who voted George Bush Senior and later his son. Are we saying out of 300M Americans only the 2 Bush's are good enough to be president

And that is what we are doing & u have been very helpful in helping me provide d needed proof. By saying George Bush influenced his sons' political careers, is an attempt to justify Tinubu influencing d political career of his wife. So u provided d proof I needed.

Again, u have been shy in answering certain questions that will puncture ur line of argument. For instance.

lexy2014:

D question I asked is this, how possible was it that it was only 3 people that were interested in being senators on d platform of ACN? Let me put it another way 4u so u can understand. Did other people in ACN not have senatorial ambitions in 2011?

D proof u need is in d honest answers to those questions. Like I noted, its just isnt about Remi. It doesn't matter f she is d sole beneficiary or not. It doesn't change d complexion of d discussion. Pls take note.

raumdeuter:

Before SanwoOlu won the ticket, he purchased nomination form and majority of APC Lagosians voted him.

Pls when& where did "majority of APC lagosians" vote 4 sanwo-olu b4 he won d APC gubernatorial ticket?

Are d "majority of party men", "majority of APC lagosians" d same thing as "majority of lagosians"? I don't get u. Pls clarify what u mean by these 3 sets of people. U seem 2b trying to wriggle urself out of d way u have used ur words to entangle urself.

After u do that, pls do justice 2d following:

lexy2014:

raumdeuter:

Quayle dropped out of the race and supported his boss son

And no one is arguing with this. D question is did he drop out because he was "influenced" by Dick Cheney& co at d behest of Bush snr as alleged by u? Or are u still holding unto ur guess work over an article written by d NY times?

Were d 300m people u are referring to responsible 4d success of George Bush's sons at Republican conventions at state& national levels? Is it 300m people that voted at those primaries? 4d umpteenth time, we are still talking intra party politics. That's y I asked u earlier but u still avoid d question like leprosy. Did George& jeb bush run unopposed at Republican conventions at state& national levels?
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by KunleyY19(m): 5:18pm On Mar 02, 2019
lexy2014:

Were is d civil service guru today?
Not every one fits into governance /politics today...And he has learnt that...
Lagos is too big and paying salaries alone can't save you...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hajo Sani's Son Flaunts His Cars (Photos) / Ikechukwu Ohakwe, A Nigerian Soldier Dies In Road Accident (photos) / Gov .danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Casts Vote In Suntai Ward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.