Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules (31297 Views)

What Made You Divorce Your Partner? / No More Pack Your Load And Go,divorce Your Wife And Forfeit Your House To Her / DIVORCE YOUR WIFE , LOSE YOUR HOUSE TO HER , OYO COURT RULES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 02, 2019
Oyo men are now literally OYO.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules by DanDeeBoss(m): 4:03pm On Mar 02, 2019
What if the man single handedly built the house
Re: Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules by RTSC: 4:03pm On Mar 02, 2019
Only a matter of time..

The only thing stopping it is that women don't have enough representation in the national assembly to force such into law..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules by Xisnin(m): 4:03pm On Mar 02, 2019
Hmm.
This judgment is tricky.
Re: Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules by Xisnin(m): 4:04pm On Mar 02, 2019
RTSC:
Only a matter of time..

The only thing stopping it is that women don't have enough representation in the national assembly to force such into law..
That won't be a problem.
You can always sign a prenup to dictate possible divorce sharing formula before marriage.
But I guess many people are too blinded by "love" to take that route.

7 Likes

Re: Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules by Adecks01(m): 4:05pm On Mar 02, 2019
good judgement
Re: Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules by Fourwinds: 4:05pm On Mar 02, 2019
grin grin grin grin
Re: Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules by dante0147: 4:07pm On Mar 02, 2019
You reason well
Re: Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 02, 2019
ak22:

I have pouvoir2 for swap just bought last month .
But my location is Ekiti

Haaaaaaaaaaa... Me Ayam in Lagos bro
Re: Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules by Adecks01(m): 4:08pm On Mar 02, 2019
na today?
Re: Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules by apelike1: 4:08pm On Mar 02, 2019
ijustdey:

https://www.tribuneonlineng.com/193686/

naija women nyash is like freezer that anybody can just go and open undecided

Pera venture I married those apes (naija women which I won't spread my seed with) and she cheat me. will she still have the house (my own house I worked for)?
Re: Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules by slimfit1(m): 4:09pm On Mar 02, 2019
So because a woman didn't wake up to go to work doesn't mean she is not doing or contributing. The judge made the right judgement. So if she too goes to work who is going to look after the children.

Women too do homework, the time you use to watch movies on Youtube use it to do research lazy women.

My mother went to open a shop where she sells things. My mother actually made me what I am today. She used her brain an didn't wait for my father for anything. She is a strong woman.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules by spiralwedge(m): 4:10pm On Mar 02, 2019
Women who marry dudes staying abroad and who only comes around to impregnate you OR women who release their husbands to go hustle abroad, here's the summary from above

"In his counter claim and defence, the ex-husband stated that when he bought and constructed the Akure property, his wife was a full housewife and had no contribution to the project, adding that the situation was the same for the Ibadan property as his wife only signed as a witness as she had no job and only depended on what he gave her to take care of the children when he travelled out of the country."
Re: Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules by DonroxyII: 4:11pm On Mar 02, 2019
dominique:
I like this rule. Our men have been conning their wives into contributing to develop property acquired in their name only to kick her out when things get sour. It doesn't matter whose name the propety is in, as long as it was acquired while in the marriage, both parties have rights to it.
That judge is a woman Ginni ??
She is a snitch ooo grin ....

I like the rule sha but small small make dem no bring Uncle Sam n Mama Charlie system come here ooo

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 02, 2019
I don't particularly like or agree with this part of the judgement...

“The uncompleted storey building is ordered to be sold by both parties and the proceeds divided in equal share. The half share shall go to the wife for the maintenance of the children. A divorced wife has no business being maintained,” Justice Abimbola held.

The husband will take half which is his own share and walk away while the ex-wife will take her share and use it to cater for the kids they both have?

Miscarriage of justice, your honour.

5 Likes

Re: Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules by uuzba(m): 4:15pm On Mar 02, 2019
dominique:
I like this rule. Our men have been conning their wives into contributing to develop property acquired in their name only to kick her out when things get sour. It doesn't matter whose name the propety is in, as long as it was acquired while in the marriage, both parties have rights to it.
What do you mean by "Our men"?
Are men reared like poultry chicken together, and you go and select one that you like? When wahala comes, you generalise that all men are same?

I don't understand your " Our Men" claim.
Please explain it clearly.

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules by RALPHOW(m): 4:15pm On Mar 02, 2019
United Kingdom Law is coming to Nigeria gradually.
Has it's good and bad sides.
Good luck!!

1 Like

Re: Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules by Daboomb: 4:16pm On Mar 02, 2019
dominique:

Before you and some perpetual divorcees start jumping up like you've just won the lottery, here are a few things you should consider:

1) Thus is a STATE LAW, Federal laws trump state laws.
2) Thus law is applicable only in OYO state, except you move to OYO state, the other party will challenge it's "jurisdiction".
3) This 1800 law is superceeded by the most current law, the 1999 Constitution, as amended. It will not stand on Appeal to the Supreme Court.
4) The judgement, if you take note of the Judge's words, is speculative, non binding and not routed in law. It is like her own OPINION on how things should be.
5) Most importantly, Nigerian men by now, should be seeing g the handwriting on the wall and know the direction women want to stir marriage!
Signs PRENUP before marriage or a POSTNUP agreement after marriage, to clearly define how property is to be shared when marriage fails, as it is very likely to fail. That agreement will invalidate any funny law as it is signed between two consenting adults.

End of story.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 02, 2019
DanDeeBoss:
What if the man single handedly built the house

Doesn't matter. They both own it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules by uuzba(m): 4:16pm On Mar 02, 2019
Offpoint:
lol, then there will be more "Husband killed wife because of properties" headlines on nairaland.
People will just start killing each other. Finish.
Re: Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules by beeblack: 4:17pm On Mar 02, 2019
Ko le werk ooo.

If dis happens, the women would just be going out as aristoes in d morning and come back in d night

She would have freedom to bring man friend to her room.
Re: Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules by Newboss(m): 4:17pm On Mar 02, 2019
Just sell the property before divorcing her. Stash the money in a stable cryptocurrency. Pay a year rent somewhere. Buy another property after the divorce.

Problem solved angry

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules by ICEMAN(m): 4:17pm On Mar 02, 2019
Every country that has practiced this have all experienced the same thing. From US,UK,Australia and more. Men stop marrying and more women become single. It also influences men to look to other neighboring countries where these laws do not apply. Nigerian women are not prepared for the backlash from these kind of laws. It is not advisable for Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules by uuzba(m): 4:18pm On Mar 02, 2019
anonymuz:
The man should just seperate, cos this days most women we deal with are feminist. That thing is spreading like viruses
...spreading through Instagram...social media..

1 Like

Re: Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules by Emanodimo(m): 4:20pm On Mar 02, 2019
dominique:

The ruling is justified.

The effect will be partners begin to hide acquired property, make such property a legal mortgage or sold unknowingly to spouse.

Also, some ladies will married late if the effect becomes rampant. As men are noted to finance the home, the need to own property or buiz is germane .

Property or buiz acquisitions will be given preference to before marriage by spouse.. .In the long run , some women will be at the receiving end.

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules by abbey621(m): 4:22pm On Mar 02, 2019
The mistake the man made was also punishing the children. A smart man thinks ahead, you would have noticed problems with your spouse a long time before the divorce. Just relocate to a rented flat, sell the properties and then get a divorce. No judge in the world can question you. The troubling piece here is that the man does not give a bleep about the children.....this is sad!
Re: Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules by Nobody: 4:25pm On Mar 02, 2019
Long overdue.

This is it in a modern society today. Where u expect the woman to pack her children to?

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules by Cantonese: 4:27pm On Mar 02, 2019
ijustdey:

https://www.tribuneonlineng.com/193686/

I think this will help out some troubled marriages. It will stop the women from moving out and also stop men from throwing out their wives. Sincerely many homes are facing crisis with baby husbands and baby wives.

Thank God for this judge who dug out this law. I think it will instill some fear in many couples.

We have children from broken homes suffering different forms of abuses. The man our of anger did nor care about his own children. He wanted them thrown out with their mom.

Now for the women the judgement is clear. Allowances are for children and not for the divorced women. That should make women think properly before contemplating divorce.

4 Likes

Re: Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules by mmadu5(m): 4:28pm On Mar 02, 2019
single life is bae
Re: Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules by princetemitee(f): 4:30pm On Mar 02, 2019
Yeeeee divorce with your husband, get one house for free, another business wey go raign for oyo state people grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"My Husband Refused To Have Sex With Me For 3 Years" - Angry Wife Tells Court / Wife Stabs Integrated Science Teacher To Death, Removes His Intestine / Nigerian Woman Curses Ex-Husband (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.