Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? (2072 Views)

I Sent Her Out Of My House Late In The Night: Did I Do The Right Thing? / At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? / What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by JeffSiberstein: 5:40pm On Mar 02, 2019
1. Love is a transient feeling. It fades with time and mood.

2. Your problems are gossip and “timepass” for EVERYONE even your bestfriend. The only people who actually care are your parents. No one else. Not even your siblings. Eg. If you fail an exam, your relatives may only sympathize with you, your parents are the ones who will actually face headache and look for solutions.

3. The key to happiness is acceptance. If your girlfriend or boyfriend dumped you or cheated on you, accept it wasn’t meant to be. Accept that someone more worthy is meant to be in your life. Pity them and move on.

4. Bad terrifying breakups are a blessing. You will ONLY realise it after couple of years of having broken up with someone you really loved. Breakups change your whole perspective and make you mature.

5. Sex is a mere act. Its highly overrated and has 0 significance. Its hyped for no reason. Sex has nothing to do with love. Having sex doesn’t guarantee a long lasting relationship. Its just an act.

6. There is nothing wrong. There is nothing right. There are only consequences.

7. Life is about perspective. As i said theres nothing wrong and theres nothing right. Eg. You tell a IndecentStar having sex is wrong, he or she will laugh at you. You tell a soldier killing people is wrong, he won’t give a s*** about your opinion. Everyone functions as per their own perspective.

8. The main cause of misery in life is having association with negative people.if you are surrounded with positive and like minded people the chances of you being depressed reduces exponentially.

9. Life begins after no contact. If you are dealing with someone toxic(eg. Ex gf/bf)
Being friends with an ex who dumped you will only cause more pain. Cause the day they get a new partner,guess what,they will dump you again. That will hurt more.

8. As Conor McGregor says - “theres no talent here. Iam obsessed”. ~~~~~ if you think of it,work for it,dream about it,talk about it, do everything based on that 1 thing you want - the universe will make sure you get it. Feel it in your blood. Without saying , work your ass off towards it.

9. Do not COMMITT to any guy or girl till the age of 24 minimum. Be loyal ofcourse but dont committ. Choices change as you mature.

10. If you are going through a rough patch, keep reiterrating to yourself that everything happens for the best and you will grow stronger due to this experience.
Time heals EVERYTHING, but only if you let it. So when something bad happens, be optimistic about the future.

11. With most emotional bonds which dont work out. Strange fact: you start off as strangers and you end up being strangers.

Thank You. Do give a like if you feel reading this was worth your time! It encourages writers to write more and often.

Have a great daysmiley

Source: Anonymous.

27 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Mar 02, 2019
Let me add this

NO ONE GIVES A F**K ABOUT YOU.

Family maybe but friends? You're on your own.
Same friend wey you gather drink Elliot na him go carry your news tell everyone if anything happens.

Enjoy your life by yourself
Don't receive from anyone
For you will be expected to payback in a way.
Except of course your salary.

Lastly

Please don't rush into marriage. It destroys

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by ImaIma1(f): 6:21pm On Mar 02, 2019
True, breakups are necessary and should not make us lose our minds. There is always some much more better.

3 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by Hardrive(m): 6:31pm On Mar 02, 2019
Well said.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by lilmax(m): 6:40pm On Mar 02, 2019
5. Sex is a mere act. Its highly overrated and has 0 significance. Its hyped for no reason. Sex has nothing to do with love. Having sex doesn’t guarantee a long lasting relationship. Its just an act.

voila

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by kollinzgee(m): 6:44pm On Mar 02, 2019
Life shouldnt be taken too seriously we are just strangers here we will all be gone in 100 years time.

3 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by psalmsmiles(m): 6:56pm On Mar 02, 2019
enjoy each moment as they come. Seize every opportunity as they pass by
be proactive
never make choices based on your mood
true love isn't a transcient feeling.. If it`s real, its damn going to last for as long as you`ve got feelings

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by CreepyBlackpool: 6:58pm On Mar 02, 2019
Never miss friendship and business.
Remain brotherless when it comes to making the muller.

But more importantly, if you ever decide to kill your parents and throw a party with their corpses locked up in the bedroom, DON'T TELL YOUR BEST FRIEND!!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by OPTIMUSPRIME08: 7:00pm On Mar 02, 2019
Beautiful people and handsome guys will always tend to gain some respect even when they did nothing to earn it

.. Money is the only way to solve alot of problems.

... Heartbreak isn't a possibility its guaranteed.

.. Everyone is replaceable the only thing that differentiate you from another is the amount of time and effort required to replace you..

.... Always keep your weakness and next move a secret..

..... Everyone is selfish..

.... The people you love will leave at some point or you will be forced to leave it all boils down to which circumstances hit us first..

..... That no matter how hard you try someone will always be better than you at some shoot's.

.... Since our birth that death is already chasing us..

.... Wisdom is not taught in school...

...... That everything is subjective..

.... That your parents will not be here forever..

.... There are no good or bad people, there are only people who bring pleasantness and unpleasantness..

.... Most of our struggles are due to self sabotage..

... And lastly life is suffering thus life is never fair.

5 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 02, 2019
Never invest in a business you know nothing about

Stay away from bad friends they will affect you NEGATIVELY

Don't trust anyone

Be patient with life and be contented

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by BlackSaints: 7:33pm On Mar 02, 2019
paul1995:
Never invest in a business you know nothing about

Stay away from bad friends they will affect you NEGATIVELY

Don't trust anyone

Be patient with life and be contented
I like this.
Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by oxladexo(m): 7:46pm On Mar 02, 2019
kollinzgee:
Life shouldnt be taken too seriously we are just strangers here we will all be gone in 100 years time.

IMO, that's the reason life should be taken seriously.
There's no second chance.
Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by kollinzgee(m): 7:59pm On Mar 02, 2019
oxladexo:

the more you take life too seriously. the faster you pace to the grave.most of of our fathers die before.,
oxladexo:

oxladexo:

the more you take life too seriously. the faster you pace to the grave.most of of our fathers die before.,
Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by Vibesking(m): 8:00pm On Mar 02, 2019
JeffSiberstein:
1. Love is a transient feeling. It fades with time and mood.

2. Your problems are gossip and “timepass” for EVERYONE even your bestfriend. The only people who actually care are your parents. No one else. Not even your siblings. Eg. If you fail an exam, your relatives may only sympathize with you, your parents are the ones who will actually face headache and look for solutions.

3. The key to happiness is acceptance. If your girlfriend or boyfriend dumped you or cheated on you, accept it wasn’t meant to be. Accept that someone more worthy is meant to be in your life. Pity them and move on.

4. Bad terrifying breakups are a blessing. You will ONLY realise it after couple of years of having broken up with someone you really loved. Breakups change your whole perspective and make you mature.

6. There is nothing wrong. There is nothing right. There are only consequences.

7. Life is about perspective. As i said theres nothing wrong and theres nothing right. Eg. You tell a IndecentStar having sex is wrong, he or she will laugh at you. You tell a soldier killing people is wrong, he won’t give a s*** about your opinion. Everyone functions as per their own perspective.

8. The main cause of misery in life is having association with negative people.if you are surrounded with positive and like minded people the chances of you being depressed reduces exponentially.

9. Life begins after no contact. If you are dealing with someone toxic(eg. Ex gf/bf)
Being friends with an ex who dumped you will only cause more pain. Cause the day they get a new partner,guess what,they will dump you again. That will hurt more.

8. As Conor McGregor says - “theres no talent here. Iam obsessed”. ~~~~~ if you think of it,work for it,dream about it,talk about it, do everything based on that 1 thing you want - the universe will make sure you get it. Feel it in your blood. Without saying , work your ass off towards it.

9. Do not COMMITT to any guy or girl till the age of 24 minimum. Be loyal ofcourse but dont committ. Choices change as you mature.

10. If you are going through a rough patch, keep reiterrating to yourself that everything happens for the best and you will grow stronger due to this experience.
Time heals EVERYTHING, but only if you let it. So when something bad happens, be optimistic about the future.

11. With most emotional bonds which dont work out. Strange fact: you start off as strangers and you end up being strangers.

Thank You. Do give a like if you feel reading this was worth your time! It encourages writers to write more and often.

Have a great daysmiley

Source: Anonymous.

This shii is from Quora

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by Modupetemmy1(f): 9:10pm On Mar 02, 2019
i learnt that "procrastination is a thief of time"
never ever will I procrastinate again

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by 2extremes(m): 11:10pm On Mar 02, 2019
Nothing you have is really yours. You are just a caretaker at that particular time.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by oxladexo(m): 11:33pm On Mar 02, 2019
kollinzgee:

I guess the difference in our opinions is 'too' before seriously.
I don't really get what you imply by that, but what I do know is that a life lived with little seriousness will almost inevitably be filled with regrets, in the end.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by edicied: 12:03am On Mar 03, 2019
Life

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by Nobody: 6:25am On Mar 03, 2019
People who talk too much and try to make people happy don't really have friends
Even though they feel they have
At the end they realize all the people they thought were their friends were just pretending undecided undecided

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 03, 2019
That poverty is a choice and poor people are happy they are poor.

That hypocrisy pays in Nigeria...i wish I knew this earlier

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by Oluaso: 5:26pm On Mar 03, 2019
That being too kind is a weakness. Being too kind can backfire. 2 Not everyone will make it in life.
3 There is no poverty that can overtake diligence 4 The easiest way to maintain poor followers is to keep them poor.
Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by sacajawea: 5:32pm On Mar 03, 2019
ImaIma1:
True, breakups are necessary and should not make us lose our minds. There is always some much more better.

Crazy Psychotic Girl! That's the Only thing you saw there? angry
Damn This bitch is Crazy!
Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by sacajawea: 5:32pm On Mar 03, 2019

the numero Uno fact!

Also 6pacs don't matter
Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by sacajawea: 5:35pm On Mar 03, 2019
oxladexo:

I guess the difference in our opinions is 'too' before seriously.
I don't really get what you imply by that, but what I do know is that a life lived with little seriousness will almost inevitably be filled with regrets, in the end.
Don't mind the Mumu that doesn’t know Anything
When Life face You, you go know how far
Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by ImaIma1(f): 6:23pm On Mar 03, 2019
sacajawea:

Crazy Psychotic Girl! That's the Only thing you saw there? angry
Damn This bitch is Crazy!

I know, right.
Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by sacajawea: 10:43pm On Mar 03, 2019
Good You know
Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by ImaIma1(f): 11:12pm On Mar 03, 2019
sacajawea:

Mumu Be saying i know right instead of you to help yourself And Stop being Obsessed over Stupid Stuffs Take a Leaf From the original Post. Sorry dear cry

I know you are only a maturing boy with a phone. So you can go ahead and keep displaying your childishness. I understand.
Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by MrLord(m): 11:19pm On Mar 03, 2019
When you start making it in life, don't be too quick to help people financially, dont be too quick to make marital commitment, let your legs stand firm first before you turn Mr Nice.

Or else you go back to square 1

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by prettysassygirl(f): 1:17am On Mar 04, 2019
People only respect and notice u when they think u have arrived,this is just vanity.
2. True love is rare,and it comes once in a lifetime, hold it tight cos when its gone its very hard to replace it

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How My Guy Give His Landlord Daughter Injuries In Her Toto, / Sexy And Curvy Girls....how I Grow My Butt (booty Workout) / Help,am Always Attracted To Single mom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.