Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,773 members, 7,831,486 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? (4212 Views)

Reno Omokri Replies Christians On 'Jesus Mother Of Mary' Mosque / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: It's Not Trump That They Hate, It's You, The Christians / RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by JeromeBlack: 3:40pm On Mar 06, 2019
Anas09:

Hahahahaha. Gutless you say. I give up engaging ignorant twerps like you long ago.

You didn't answer me tho. Is Pope a Christian or a Catholic?

Anas, the crazy christian!

Catholics are christians. In fact, the catholic church is the oldest church. The catholic church put together the bible you use today.

Dont be ignorant!
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Anas09: 3:45pm On Mar 06, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Catholics are christians. In fact, the catholic church is the oldest church. The catholic church put together the bible you use today.

Dont be ignorant!
If you read your response closely and step back little and look into the Bible that the Catholic put together, you'd observe that, their activities contravenes the very Bible they put together.

If reading the Bible and doing what it says translates to craziness, then by all means, i'm crazy.

But, you, my friend in humanity, you have no idea what being a Christian entails.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by JeromeBlack: 3:50pm On Mar 06, 2019
Anas09:

If you read your response closely and step back little and look into the Bible that the Catholic put together, you'd observe that, their activities contravenes the very Bible they put together.

If reading the Bible and doing what it says translates to craziness, then by all means, i'm crazy.

But, you, my friend in humanity, you have no idea what being a Christian entails.

What is this one saying? Your mushroom church is now the real bastion of christianity? Tithing, private jets and prosperity preaching are examples of christianity abi?

One cannot be more christian than the catholic church. The biggest, oldest and most influential church in the world. Yet, some crazy christian from one Nigerian mushroom church is talking. Keep quiet!
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Ihedinobi3: 4:00pm On Mar 06, 2019
Anas09:

Hi Anas.

Just thought to chime in here. Please don't take JeromeBlack's word for it. The Roman Church did not put the Bible together. It's one of the biggest lies of that church.

The Bible in its full collection existed well before any claims to Roman supremacy began. The completed Bible was guiding all believers before the last apostle (John the brother of James) died. It continued to do so until some pompous "bishops" decided that they could decide what was and what wasn't Scripture for everybody else.
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Anas09: 4:07pm On Mar 06, 2019
JeromeBlack:

What is this one saying? Your mushroom church is now the real bastion of christianity? Tithing, private jets and prosperity preaching are examples of christianity abi?

One cannot be more christian than the catholic church. The biggest, oldest and most influential church in the world. Yet, some crazy christian from one Nigerian mushroom church is talking. Keep quiet!
This is why i said, you have no idea of what being a Christian entails. I'm talking about what is written in the Bible you supposedly put together, but you left that to talk the Church in Nigeria.

Let's look into the Bible and talk about the Catholic Church and her dealings let's see how they fit.

Here you are talking abt biggest, oldest and Influential, but you failed to talk about Love and Salvation. The purpose for which Jesus Christ came and died.

Who is the catholic Church influencing? The New World Order she is planning to hand over to?
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Anas09: 4:19pm On Mar 06, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Hi Anas.

Just thought to chime in here. Please don't take JeromeBlack's word for it. The Roman Church did not put the Bible together. It's one of the biggest lies of that church.

The Bible in its full collection existed well before any claims to Roman supremacy began. The completed Bible was guiding all believers before the last apostle (John the brother of James) died. It continued to do so until some pompous "bishops" decided that they could decide what was and what wasn't Scripture for everybody else.
I know bros, i know. That's why i added 'Supposedly'.

That is the only thing the Catholics know about the Bible. But, if you ask a Catholic to open to the book of Matthew, they'd begin the search from Genesis.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:25pm On Mar 06, 2019
Akin1212:

Lies!!!! /quote/
Your opinion base on spiritual ignorance.

Who? To be a who, means it's a person. Because the word who introduces a relative clause./quote/

Christ is a person, we derive our image from Him.

Always with you, how? Have you ever seen this 'who' who is always with you? And what has he done for you that he has not done for anyone else?/quote/

I see Him. He has done great things for me and for humanity. His presence alone is the greatest treasure I can have.

You can touch the earth, can you touch christ? Don't lose touch with reality please.

I touches Him everyday.
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by finalboss(m): 9:31pm On Mar 06, 2019
Anas09:

Hahahahaha. Gutless you say. I give up engaging ignorant twerps like you long ago.

You didn't answer me tho. Is Pope a Christian or a Catholic?
dumb question to ask, the Pope is Roman Catholic
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by finalboss(m): 9:34pm On Mar 06, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Dont be ignorant!
relax, lemme tutor her. grin
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by finalboss(m): 9:43pm On Mar 06, 2019
Anas09:

In the year 325 AD, representatives from all the Christians in the entire world assembled at Nicaea Turkey to decide which religious texts should be assembled into the Bible. They all agreed that 73 books should be included which ultimately became the Catholic Bible we have today.

Fast forward to 1517 when Martin Luther decided he didn’t like the way the Catholic Church was being managed so he set out to alter its course. He re-wrote the Bible leaving out a bunch of books. This opened the floodgates to allow others to do the same. Over the years, the original Protestants under Luther expanded to the 30,000 different sects we have today. There is a complete list of Protestant denominations on Wikipedia if anyone is interested.

So today we have 1.2 billion Catholics under the Vatican and 900 million Protestants divided up over 30,000 denomination. According to the accepted definition, a “pagan” is a person holding religious beliefs other than those of the main world religions. If there are 1.2 billion Roman Catholics in the world under one authority, that certainly does not fit the definition of a pagan religion. So the answer to your question is: Catholics are Christians, and trace their heritage back to Saint Peter, who became the first Pope back in 30 AD.
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Anas09: 9:44pm On Mar 06, 2019
finalboss:
dumb question to ask, the Pope is Roman Catholic
Good. Is Roman Catholicism a religion on it's own right or not?
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by finalboss(m): 9:59pm On Mar 06, 2019
Anas09:

Good. Is Roman Catholicism a religion on it's own right or not?
Roman Catholic considers itself as the only original Christian church, established by Christ himself
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Anas09: 10:03pm On Mar 06, 2019
finalboss:

In the year 325 AD, representatives from all the Christians in the entire world assembled at Nicaea Turkey to decide which religious texts should be assembled into the Bible. They all agreed that 73 books should be included which ultimately became the Catholic Bible we have today.

Fast forward to 1517 when Martin Luther decided he didn’t like the way the Catholic Church was being managed so he set out to alter its course. He re-wrote the Bible leaving out a bunch of books. This opened the floodgates to allow others to do the same. Over the years, the original Protestants under Luther expanded to the 30,000 different sects we have today. There is a complete list of Protestant denominations on Wikipedia if anyone is interested.

So today we have 1.2 billion Catholics under the Vatican and 900 million Protestants divided up over 30,000 denomination. According to the accepted definition, a “pagan” is a person holding religious beliefs other than those of the main world religions. If there are 1.2 billion Roman Catholics in the world under one authority, that certainly does not fit the definition of a pagan religion. So the answer to your question is: Catholics are Christians, and trace their heritage back to Saint Peter, who became the first Pope back in 30 AD.
You mean all the Carholics gathered in Turkey? because there were no other Christians then.

And, Apt Peter never step his feet in Rome, if he did, the Acts of the Apostles will record it.

No mater how many times you guys says it, it won't make it true. Peter was never a Pope.
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Anas09: 10:07pm On Mar 06, 2019
finalboss:
Roman Catholic considers itself as the only original Christian church, established by Christ himself
I like your choice of words. Roman Catholics 'consider themselves'. Good. But does their fruits show that they are? For the Master whom they claimed established their fate, says that 'By their fruits you shall know them'.

They project every Babylonian beliefs yet claim it's Christian..
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by finalboss(m): 10:10pm On Mar 06, 2019
Anas09:

I like your choice of words. Roman Catholics 'consider themselves'. Good. But does their fruits show that they are? For the Master whom they claimed established their fate, says that 'By their fruits you shall know them'.

They project every Babylonian beliefs yet claim it's Christian..

The Catholic Church was instituted by Jesus Himself in 33AD when He said,

“And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.
I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.” (Matthew 16:18-19).

there is a straight line of apostolic succession from Peter to the current pope, Pope Francis.

We see that apostles had positions that needed to be filled when they died. For example, when Judas died, Peter made sure that another person would fill his place and Matthias was chosen (Acts 1:15-26).
In the same way, when Peter died (in Rome), St. Linus became the next pope. When St. Linus died, St. Anacletus became pope. And this continued on and on.

Jesus makes the necessity of The Eucharist very clear. “Jesus said to them, “Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.

Just as the living Father sent me and I have life because of the Father, so also the one who feeds on me will have life because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. Unlike your ancestors who ate and still died, whoever eats this bread will live forever.” (John 6: 53-58)

St. Paul affirms this again when he states, “Because the loaf of bread is one, we, though many, are one body, for we all partake of the one loaf.” (1 Corinthians 10:17). He is clearly talking about The Eucharist here because in the line before, he states, “The cup of blessing that we bless, is it not a participation in the blood of Christ? The bread that we break, is it not a participation in the body of Christ?” (1 Corinthians 10:16).
The thing that unites us as one body in Christ is by receiving The Eucharist. You must be in the Catholic Church to receive The Eucharist. This is because Jesus instituted the Catholic Church (Matthew 16) and the Sacrament of Holy Orders (John 13) and the priest stands in persona Christi when he says mass and the transubstantiation occurs.

The very first Christians celebrated the Eucharist. Acts 20:7 says “On the first day of the week when we gathered to break bread, Paul spoke to them because he was going to leave on the next day, and he kept on speaking until midnight.”
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Anas09: 10:10pm On Mar 06, 2019
finalboss:
No be only to claim o. As water answereth to the face, The deep calleth to the Deep.

No one can claim to be a Christian, the Word of God is here as a mirror to show us our true identities.
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Anas09: 10:15pm On Mar 06, 2019
finalboss:

The Catholic Church was instituted by Jesus Himself in 33AD when He said,

“And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.
Hahahahahahaha. This is how the Babylonians hiding under Christianity picks scriptures outside context and build doctrines out of.

My battery is low now. but, i shall return to explain to you what that Scripture says within context and i shall use other scriptures to back it up.

Stop believing lies.
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by JeromeBlack: 12:24am On Mar 07, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Hi Anas.

[b]The Bible in its full collection existed well before any claims to Roman supremacy began. The completed Bible was guiding all believers before the last apostle (John the brother of James) [/b]died. It continued to do so until some pompous "bishops" decided that they could decide what was and what wasn't Scripture for everybody else.

Damn lies.

For a christian, you can lie!!

Google the history of the bible. In fact, John the Apostle could not have even seen the bible in its full form. Someone that was mentioned in the new testament and we all know that the new testament was compiled at least at 321 AD. John died at 100 AD.

Do your research.

The catholic church compiled the bible you are using today.

Read about the latin vulgate, st Jerome and the council of Nicea.

Bloody ignorant protestant

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by JeromeBlack: 12:25am On Mar 07, 2019
Anas09:

Hahahahahahaha. This is how the Babylonians hiding under Christianity picks scriptures outside context and build doctrines out of.

My battery is low now. but, i shall return to explain to you what that Scripture says within context and i shall use other scriptures to back it up.

Stop believing lies.

See this prosperity preacher claiming scriptural authority.
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by JeromeBlack: 12:27am On Mar 07, 2019
Anas09:

This is why i said, you have no idea of what being a Christian entails. I'm talking about what is written in the Bible you supposedly put together, but you left that to talk the Church in Nigeria.

Let's look into the Bible and talk about the Catholic Church and her dealings let's see how they fit.

Here you are talking abt biggest, oldest and Influential, but you failed to talk about Love and Salvation. The purpose for which Jesus Christ came and died.

Who is the catholic Church influencing? The New World Order she is planning to hand over to?

Keep quiet! Is there love and salvation in your mushroom church?

Is there love in prosperity preaching?

Is there love in tithing and fake miracles?

Is there love in crazy rambling aka speaking in fake tongues? Orikikiki-shambala!!
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by oaroloye(m): 1:36pm On Mar 07, 2019
MISHIGAS!

finalboss:

It comes down to the fact that the only real reason people believe in gods, is because a lot of other people believe in gods. It’s social proof - the ‘evidence’ of god is that a lot of people believe in god…or appear to believe in god.

THAT PROBABLY APPLIES IN EUROPE, THE HOTBED SOURCE OF ATHEISM, WHERE ALL THE PEOPLE WHO COULD DEMONSTRATE THE SUPERNATURAL WERE EITHER CANONIZED INTO UNATTAINABLE “SAINTS,” OR ELSE EXTERMINATED AS “WITCHES,” OR “SORCERERS.”

The last thing that the Monarchies ruling Europe wanted was The God in Whose Name they drew people together, in order to rule them, was for that very God to be accessible to the Common man- and giving them ideas they could not tolerate: such as, that they were totally wrong!
Who would fight wars for them, if they understood that they would go to HELL for KILLING on behalf of their King and Country?

Therefore, the active part of Bible Religion was suppressed, and only the Pacifying, Subduing part, that produced meek and docile populaces, who could be easily controlled, was imposed upon the Europeans.

Elaborate Sacred Ritual Pantomime was instituted to make people think that their Ceremonies actually meant something. Indoctrination was from Cradle-to-Grave, and quite subtle. A former Priest explained the reason for the sonorous chants, choruses, and hymns- the ostentatious ornamentation and colourful robes- the best in town this side of the prosperous: IT IS ALL TO IMPRESS THE LAYMAN [/i]FROM INFANCY, WHEN THEY ARE BROUGHT TO THE CHURCH TO BE “CHRISTENED,” THROUGHOUT THEIR LIFE, THAT: [i]THIS[/] IS THE HOUSE OF [i]GOD!

[See: FIFTY YEARS IN THE CHURCH OF ROME, by Reverend Charles Chiniquy.
THE BIG BETRAYAL, by Jack T. Chick.]

It was not until the turn of the 20th Century that this process was Scientifically-explained for the consumption of the intellectuals: IVAN PAVLOV explained the process of the CONDITIONED REFLEX by feeding dogs at a particular time, sounding a bell or whistle at the same time- and then proving that the dogs would react the same way- by getting excited, wagging their tails and salivating- by sounding the bell or whistle without providing any food.

For this great work, he was awarded the NOBEL PRIZE!

The reason being that the process could be theoretically applied to HUMAN BEINGS.

The Atheistic SOVIET UNION Government became known for controlling its peoples through FALSE PROPAGANDA. A thing it did with enormous success. Lord BERTRAND RUSSELL- outspoken Welsh Atheist spoke highly of their system of Educational brainwashing, and advocated its use to train children to believe that SNOW IS BLACK, and that anyone who persists in saying that it is white be declared to be crazy by their peers.

[See: THE IMPACT OF SCIENCE ON SOCIETY, by Bertrand Russell.]

It later emerged- as Lord Yeshua predicted- that Ivan Pavlov’s honours were not based on THEORY, but that he had actually demonstrated his thesis on HUMAN BEINGS- including children and adults. The demonstrations required surgically mutilating the face in order to measure the flow of Saliva.

The public was not to know, but the film footage emerged, decades after Professor Pavlov and his collaborators took his secret with them to the grave.

Therefore, Oyinbo Christian Religion is based on the conditioning of the Christian to believe that their Ceremonies, Costumes, and Rituals mean something to God.

finalboss:

In fact, a lot (probably all) Christians have moments of doubt. This is why communal worship is so crucial to all religions - surrounding yourself with hundreds of other people who all appear to have strong faith, strengthens your own faith in the face of those personal doubts.

CITIZENS WHO FAILED TO TURN UP FOR WORSHIP IN MEDIEVAL ENGLAND WERE FINED.

One can only imagine what was done to people who renounced Christianity altogether at that time.

Eventually, however, Atheists won the Right to live and practice their Anti-Faith as free people, never accused of insanity to their faces. FREEMASONRY WAS INSTRUMENTAL IN BRINGING THIS ABOUT.

[See: THE PROTOCOLS OF THE LEARNED ELDERS OF ZION: Article 4.]

finalboss:

Religious belief is reflected in the story of The story of The Emperor’s New Clothes . Everyone believed the emperor was wearing an amazing costume (when he was actually naked) because everyone else acted as if they believed he was wearing an amazing costume (they were all cheering and commenting on how amazing the costume was), even though each one individually had strong doubts that he was wearing anything. But nobody wanted to speak up because they feared ridicule. It was social proof in action - everyone believed because everyone else believed.
The atheist is like the little boy in the story, who pointed out that the emperor was actually naked. The little boy burst the bubble. Social proof was instantly destroyed.

WHEREAS THIS PRINCIPLE IS THE BASIS OF BELIEF IN TRADITIONAL OYINBO CHRISTIANITY, MODERN FULL-GOSPEL CHRISTIANITY HAS FAR SUPERSEDED THIS STUMBLINGBLOCK.

. MARK 16:15-20.

15. And he Said unto them,

"Go ye into all the World,
and preach The Gospel to every creature.
16. "He that believeth and is baptized shall be Saved;
but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17. "And these Signs shall follow them that Believe;

'IN MY NAME SHALL THEY CAST OUT DEVILS;
THEY SHALL SPEAK WITH NEW TONGUES;
18. "THEY SHALL TAKE UP SERPENTS;
AND IF THEY DRINK ANY DEADLY THING,
IT SHALL NOT HURT THEM;
THEY SHALL LAY HANDS ON THE SICK,
AND THEY SHALL RECOVER."

19. So then after the Lord had spoken unto them,
he was received up into Heaven,
and sat on the Right Hand of God.
20. And they went forth, and preached every where,
The Lord working with them,
and confirming The Word with signs following.
Amen.

TO THE DISMAY OF TRADIONAL CHRISTIAN CLERGY, THESE SIGNS AND WONDERS HAVE BEEN REPEATEDLY DEMONSTRATED WHEREVER THE TRUE GOSPEL- DEVOID OF THE EXTRANEOUS INTERPRETATIONS SPURIOUSLY ADDED TO CHRISTIANITY TO RENDER IT POWERLESS.

. MATTHEW 15:1-20.

THEN came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees,
which were of Jerusalem,
saying,

2. Why do thy Disciples transgress
The Tradition of the Elders?
For they wash not their hands
when they eat bread.
3. But he answered and said unto them,

“Why do ye also transgress
The Commandment of God
by your Tradition?
4. “For God Commanded,
Saying,

'HONOUR THY FATHER AND MOTHER:'

“and,

'HE THAT CURSETH FATHER OR MOTHER,
LET HIM DIE THE DEATH.'

5. “But ye say,

'WHOSOEVER SHALL SAY
TO HIS FATHER OR HIS MOTHER,

IT IS A GIFT,
BY WHATSOEVER THOU MIGHTEST
BE PROFITED BY ME;

6. 'AND HONOUR NOT
HIS FATHER OR HIS MOTHER,
HE SHALL BE FREE.'

“Thus have ye made The Commandment of God
of none effect by your Tradition.”

7. "Ye Hypocrites,
well did Esaias prophesy of you,
saying,

8. 'THIS PEOPLE DRAWETH NIGH UNTO ME
WITH THEIR MOUTH,
AND HONOURETH ME WITH THEIR LIPS;
BUT THEIR HEART IS FAR FROM ME.
9. 'BUT IN VAIN THEY DO WORSHIP ME,
TEACHING FOR DOCTRINES
THE COMMANDMENTS OF MEN.' "

10. And he called the multitude,
and Said unto them,

"Hear, and understand:
11. "Not that which goeth into the mouth
defileth a man;
but that which cometh out of the mouth,
this defileth a man."

12. Then came his Disciples,
and said unto him,

"Knowest thou
that the Pharisees were offended,
after they heard this Saying?"

13. But he answered and Said,

"Every plant,
which my Heavenly Father
hath not planted,
shall be rooted up.
14. "Let them alone:
they be blind leaders of the blind.
And if the blind lead the blind,
both shall fall into the ditch."

15. Then answered Peter and said unto him,

"Declare unto us this Parable."

16. And Jesus Said,

"Are ye also yet without understanding?
17. "Do not ye yet understand,
that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth
goeth into the belly,
and is cast out into the draught?
18. "But those things
which proceed out of the mouth
come forth from the heart;
and they defile the man.
19. "For out of the heart proceed
Evil Thoughts, Murders, Adulteries, Fornications,
Thefts, False Witness, Blasphemies:
20. "These are the things which defile a man:
but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man."

THE SAME PROCEDURE USED TO RENDER THE BIBLE USELESS AT THE TIME OF LORD YESHUA WAS DELIBERATELY ADOPTED BY THE OYINBO THEOLOGIANS TO PRODUCE A FORM OF CHRISTIANITY DEVOID OF ACTUAL CONTACT WITH GOD.

. AMOS 3:3.

3. "Can two walk together,
except they be agreed?"

[/b]THAT IS NOT THE SORT OF CHRISTIANITY I PREACH.[/b]

I no longer perform extreme Miracle Signs and Wonders at this time, because to do that would bring swift Judgment upon those who still remained in Unbelief- including Christians who insist on belonging to fake Churches- like THE SYNAGOGUE CHURCH OF ALL NATIONS of T.B. JOSHUA that counterfeits Divine Miracle Power to glorify their False Prophet.

Should I begin Operating in Manifestation, I should have to go to war against these Charlatans- which will, as the vernacular goes, “get ugly.”

I am not afraid to bring Ugly Divine Retribution upon those who deserve It- but I should like for It to mean something: those who Believe because they see Signs and Wonders are irreparably damaged- which often only reveals itself after decades. For instance, you have people who have been followers of Miracle-Workers for DECADES- still going to someone else to pray for them, as if they were not issued their own mouths to pray with.

These people cannot ever develop FAITH again, because their SOUL BODIES are COMPROMISED. Have you not heard of “ELDERS” under “big names” like BENSON IDAHOSA and ENOCH ADEBOYE who need someone else to pray for them?

Is that the sort of Christianity you want to practice?

finalboss:

Christians fear atheists because we are poking at their secret, silent doubts about god, and if we keep on doing it, these bubbles of faith will start to burst. Since Christianity is only maintained through social proof, once a critical mass of burst bubbles is reached, the entire ridiculous facade of Christianity, and eventually of all religions, will quickly come tumbling down.

THAT ONLY APPLIES TO THE USELESS CHRISTIANS WHO ARE UNABLE TO DEVELOP THEIR FAITH INTO THE SEVEN STAGES THAT COME AFTER FAITH.

. LUKE 19:11-27.

11. And as they heard these things,
he added and spake a Parable,
because he was nigh to Jerusalem,
and because they thought
that The Kingdom of God should immediately appear.
12. He said therefore,

"A certain nobleman went into a far country
to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.
13. And he called his ten servants,
and delivered them ten pounds,
and said unto them,

'OCCUPY TILL I COME.'

14. "But his citizens hated him,
and sent a message after him,
saying,

'WE WILL NOT HAVE THIS MAN
TO REIGN OVER US.'

15. "And it came to pass,
that when he was returned,
having received the kingdom,
then he commanded these servants
to be called unto him,
to whom he had given the money,
that he might know how much
every man had gained by trading.
16. "Then came the first,
saying,

'LORD, THY POUND HATH GAINED TEN POUNDS.'

17. "And he said unto him,

'WELL, THOU GOOD SERVANT:
BECAUSE THOU HAST BEEN
FAITHFUL IN A VERY LITTLE,
HAVE THOU AUTHORITY
OVER TEN CITIES.'

18. "And the second came,
saying,

'LORD, THY POUND HATH GAINED FIVE POUNDS.'

19. "And he said likewise to him,

'BE THOU ALSO OVER FIVE CITIES.'

20. "And another came,
saying,

'LORD, BEHOLD, HERE IS THY POUND,
WHICH I HAVE KEPT LAID UP IN A NAPKIN:
21. 'FOR I FEARED THEE,
BECAUSE THOU ART AN AUSTERE MAN:
THOU TAKEST UP
THAT THOU LAYEDST NOT DOWN,
AND REAPEST THAT
THOU DIDST NOT SOW.'

22. "And he saith unto him,

'OUT OF THINE OWN MOUTH
WILL I JUDGE THEE,
THOU WICKED SERVANT.
THOU KNEWEST THAT
I WAS AN AUSTERE MAN,
TAKING UP THAT I LAID NOT DOWN,
AND REAPING THAT I DID NOT SOW:
23. 'WHEREFORE THEN GAVEST NOT THOU
MY MONEY INTO THE BANK,
THAT AT MY COMING
I MIGHT HAVE
REQUIRED MINE OWN
WITH USURY?'

24. "And he said unto them that stood by,

'TAKE FROM HIM THE POUND,
AND GIVE IT TO HIM
THAT HATH TEN POUNDS.'

25. "[And they said unto him,

'LORD, HE HATH TEN POUNDS.]'
26. 'FOR I SAY UNTO YOU,

"THAT UNTO EVERY ONE WHICH HATH
SHALL BE GIVEN;
AND FROM HIM THAT HATH NOT,
EVEN THAT HE HATH
SHALL BE TAKEN AWAY FROM HIM."

27. 'BUT THOSE MINE ENEMIES,
WHICH WOULD NOT
THAT I SHOULD REIGN OVER THEM,
BRING HITHER,
AND SLAY THEM BEFORE ME.' "

You cannot apply that cynical theory to those Christians who develop THE TEN TALENTS OF POWER- whose Principles are involved in thie Teaching of Lord Yeshua.

. THE TEN TALENTS OF POWER. (Matt. 25:1-30.)[/i]

1. TOTAL RECALL.
2. EXTRASENSORY PERCEPTION.
3. TELEKINESIS.
4. TELEPORTATION.
5. TRANSLATION.
6-10. EVERLASTING LIFE.

[See: THE FIRE FROM WITHIN, by Carlos Castaneda.]

IF YOU REQUIRE PROOF OF THE BENEVOLENT VERACITY OF THE BIBLE, AND THE MALICIOUS MENDACITY OF YOUR ATHEISTIC SLAVEMASTERS WHOM YOU BLINDLY SERVE, YOU NEED LOOK NO FURTHER THAN THE FIRST TALENT OF POWER.

Even Atheistic Scientists have confirmed that the average Mind only operates at 10% of its capabilities, due to inadequate training during its so-called “formative years.” They cover-up the fact that FULL CONSCIOUS AWARENESS CAN BE RESTORED TO ANYONE AT ANY AGE.

Any Atheist can see that the Atheistic, Luciferan, and Satanist Ruling Elite cannot want to try to rule over a populace of Enlightened Beings, ten times more aware than what currently obtains: because you all know that that will not be possible.

finalboss:

This is a perfect example of cognitive dissonance. It is a piece of cake to debunk Christian & Muslim claims, but when you’ve been indoctrinated since childhood to believe in anti-scientific & immoral gibberish then you will spend the rest of your life fighting off anything that’s contrary to your religious doctrine.

IT IS YOU, RATHER, WHO SUFFER FROM COGNITIVE DISSONANCE.

Like the supporters of the European Powerless decaffeinated Christianity whom you and your ilk are trained to bully, you ignore the fact that TRUE CHRISTIAN RELIGION EXISTS, and proves the foolishness of Atheism.

THE MOUTH YOU HAVE ON YOU!

finalboss:

…It is a piece of cake to debunk Christian & Muslim claims…

. [u]JOHN 14:12.

12. "Verily, verily, I say unto you,

'HE THAT BELIEVETH ON ME,
THE WORKS THAT I DO
SHALL HE DO ALSO;
AND GREATER WORKS
THAN THESE SHALL HE DO;
BECAUSE I GO UNTO MY FATHER.'

Attempt to “DEBUNK” JOHN 14:12, and let us see who has “COGNITIVE DISSONANCE!”

I really want to see if you are not going to start breakdancing to avoid doing what you boasted you could do, but which my FOUR DECADES of Born Again Full-Gospel Christian Experience has proven to me that you cannot possibly.

Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Ihedinobi3: 3:07pm On Mar 07, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Damn lies.

For a christian, you can lie!!

Google the history of the bible. In fact, John the Apostle could not have even seen the bible in its full form. Someone that was mentioned in the new testament and we all know that the new testament was compiled at least at 321 AD. John died at 100 AD.

Do your research.

The catholic church compiled the bible you are using today.

Read about the latin vulgate, st Jerome and the council of Nicea.

Bloody ignorant protestant
John was the last Apostle to write. His book The Revelation of Jesus Christ was the last book of the Bible written. Chances are that he did in fact see the completed Bible before his death.

During the weekly meetings of believers commonly held on Sunday in every city in ancient times, the full Bible was read to Christians so that they got to know what it said. This is why copies of the inspired letters and Gospels and the prophecy of Revelation in addition to the Old Testament were available in the places where they gathered. It wasn't common that believers owned copies because they were generally poor and making copies of any text at all was expensive.

Because of the limitations of technology at the time, these copies were not bound into a single volume. But not only did they exist, believers knew that they were Scripture although other texts also existed that sometimes claimed to be Scripture but the apostles and the existing Old Testament set the gold standard for what was Scripture. If anything was written to contradict what was taught in the Old Testament and in writings from the Apostles (and special messengers like John Mark, Luke, James, and Jude), then it obviously was not Scripture. Additionally, inspired Scripture was and is its own witness, so any truly interested reader could tell if something was Scripture and if it wasn't.

Therefore, when councils were held, they certainly did not "create" the Bible or determine a Canon by any means. The councils were ostensibly reacting to heresies that attacked the Scriptures. But one unwise decision does not become wise because it attacks another unwise one. The Bible has never really been in question as to what it says. People have always tried to corrupt it by adding to it or trying to take away from it. The answer is always to judge what they add by the Spirit and to question why anything is to be removed. The answer is not to impose a definition on anybody else.

So, no, no council created the Bible. Book technology did improve primarily because of Christians' desire to have all the Scriptures in one volume, but no council defined the Canon. The Canon was self-evident right from the writing of the Scriptures themselves.
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Anas09: 4:00pm On Mar 07, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Keep quiet! Is there love and salvation in your mushroom church?

Is there love in prosperity preaching?

Is there love in tithing and fake miracles?

Is there love in crazy rambling aka speaking in fake tongues? Orikikiki-shambala!!
You sound like a teenager. You are not fit to have a conversation, so get lost.
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Anas09: 4:03pm On Mar 07, 2019
JeromeBlack:

See this prosperity preacher claiming scriptural authority.

Lol. I was like you once. I will attack anyone who said anything against the mother church, until Christ Himself notched me and pulled me out of Babylon.

Son, Come out of her or you'd drink from her cup of fury.
It's coming

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Anas09: 4:17pm On Mar 07, 2019
oaroloye:
MISHIGAS!

THAT PROBABLY APPLIES IN EUROPE, THE HOTBED SOURCE OF ATHEISM, WHERE ALL THE PEOPLE WHO COULD DEMONSTRATE THE SUPERNATURAL WERE EITHER CANONIZED INTO UNATTAINABLE “SAINTS,” OR ELSE EXTERMINATED AS “WITCHES,” OR “SORCERERS.”

The last thing that the Monarchies ruling Europe wanted was The God in Whose Name they drew people together, in order to rule them, was for that very God to be accessible to the Common man- and giving them ideas they could not tolerate: such as, that they were totally wrong!
Who would fight wars for them, if they understood that they would go to HELL for KILLING on behalf of their King and Country?

Therefore, the active part of Bible Religion was suppressed, and only the Pacifying, Subduing part, that produced meek and docile populaces, who could be easily controlled, was imposed upon the Europeans.

Elaborate Sacred Ritual Pantomime was instituted to make people think that their Ceremonies actually meant something. Indoctrination was from Cradle-to-Grave, and quite subtle. A former Priest explained the reason for the sonorous chants, choruses, and hymns- the ostentatious ornamentation and colourful robes- the best in town this side of the prosperous: IT IS ALL TO IMPRESS THE LAYMAN [/i]FROM INFANCY, WHEN THEY ARE BROUGHT TO THE CHURCH TO BE “CHRISTENED,” THROUGHOUT THEIR LIFE, THAT: [i]THIS[/] IS THE HOUSE OF [i]GOD!

It was not until the turn of the 20th Century that this process was Scientifically-explained for the consumption of the intellectuals: IVAN PAVLOV explained the process of the CONDITIONED REFLEX by feeding dogs at a particular time, sounding a bell or whistle at the same time- and then proving that the dogs would react the same way- by getting excited, wagging their tails and salivating- by sounding the bell or whistle without providing any food.

The reason being that the process could be theoretically applied to HUMAN BEINGS.

The Atheistic SOVIET UNION Government became known for controlling its peoples through FALSE PROPAGANDA. A thing it did with enormous success. Lord BERTRAND RUSSELL- outspoken Welsh Atheist spoke highly of their system of Educational brainwashing, and advocated its use to train children to believe that SNOW IS BLACK, and that anyone who persists in saying that it is white be declared to be crazy by their peers.

It later emerged- as Lord Yeshua predicted- that Ivan Pavlov’s honours were not based on THEORY, but that he had actually demonstrated his thesis on HUMAN BEINGS- including children and adults. The demonstrations required surgically mutilating the face in order to measure the flow of Saliva.

The public was not to know, but the film footage emerged, decades after Professor Pavlov and his collaborators took his secret with them to the grave.

Therefore, Oyinbo Christian Religion is based on the conditioning of the Christian to believe that their Ceremonies, Costumes, and Rituals mean something to God.

One can only imagine what was done to people who renounced Christianity altogether at that time.

Eventually, however, Atheists won the Right to live and practice their Anti-Faith as free people, never accused of insanity to their faces. FREEMASONRY WAS INSTRUMENTAL IN BRINGING THIS ABOUT.

WHEREAS THIS PRINCIPLE IS THE BASIS OF BELIEF IN TRADITIONAL OYINBO CHRISTIANITY, MODERN FULL-GOSPEL CHRISTIANITY HAS FAR SUPERSEDED THIS STUMBLINGBLOCK.

IT SHALL NOT HURT THEM;
AND THEY SHALL RECOVER."

19. So then after the Lord had spoken unto them,
Amen.

TO THE DISMAY OF TRADIONAL CHRISTIAN CLERGY, THESE SIGNS AND WONDERS HAVE BEEN REPEATEDLY DEMONSTRATED WHEREVER THE TRUE GOSPEL- DEVOID OF THE EXTRANEOUS INTERPRETATIONS SPURIOUSLY ADDED TO CHRISTIANITY TO RENDER IT POWERLESS.

which were of Jerusalem,
saying,

when they eat bread.

The Commandment of God
by your Tradition?
4. “For God Commanded,
Saying,

“and,

LET HIM DIE THE DEATH.'

5. “But ye say,

'WHOSOEVER SHALL SAY

IT IS A GIFT,
BE PROFITED BY ME;

6. 'AND HONOUR NOT
HE SHALL BE FREE.'

7. "Ye Hypocrites,
saying,

WITH THEIR MOUTH,
TEACHING FOR DOCTRINES

and Said unto them,

"Hear, and understand:
defileth a man;
this defileth a man."

and said unto him,

"Knowest thou

"Every plant,
which my Heavenly Father
hath not planted,
shall be rooted up.
14. "Let them alone:

16. And Jesus Said,

goeth into the belly,
18. "But those things
and they defile the man.

THE SAME PROCEDURE USED TO RENDER THE BIBLE USELESS AT THE TIME OF LORD YESHUA WAS DELIBERATELY ADOPTED BY THE OYINBO THEOLOGIANS TO PRODUCE A FORM OF CHRISTIANITY DEVOID OF ACTUAL CONTACT WITH GOD.

except they be agreed?"

I no longer perform extreme Miracle Signs and Wonders at this time, because to do that would bring swift Judgment upon those who still remained in Unbelief- including Christians who insist on belonging to fake Churches- like THE SYNAGOGUE CHURCH OF ALL NATIONS of T.B. JOSHUA that counterfeits Divine Miracle Power to glorify their False Prophet.

Should I begin Operating in Manifestation, I should have to go to war against these Charlatans- which will, as the vernacular goes, “get ugly.”

I am not afraid to bring Ugly Divine Retribution upon those who deserve It- but I should like for It to mean something: those who Believe because they see Signs and Wonders are irreparably damaged- which often only reveals itself after decades. For instance, you have people who have been followers of Miracle-Workers for DECADES- still going to someone else to pray for them, as if they were not issued their own mouths to pray with.

These people cannot ever develop FAITH again, because their SOUL BODIES are COMPROMISED. Have you not heard of “ELDERS” under “big names” like BENSON IDAHOSA and ENOCH ADEBOYE who need someone else to pray for them?

THAT ONLY APPLIES TO THE USELESS CHRISTIANS WHO ARE UNABLE TO DEVELOP THEIR FAITH INTO THE SEVEN STAGES THAT COME AFTER FAITH.

and because they thought
12. He said therefore,

and said unto them,

'OCCUPY TILL I COME.'

saying,

TO REIGN OVER US.'

to be called unto him,
saying,

BECAUSE THOU HAST BEEN
HAVE THOU AUTHORITY
OVER TEN CITIES.'

saying,

20. "And another came,
saying,

21. 'FOR I FEARED THEE,
THOU TAKEST UP
AND REAPEST THAT
THOU DIDST NOT SOW.'

'OUT OF THINE OWN MOUTH
WILL I JUDGE THEE,
THOU WICKED SERVANT.
THOU KNEWEST THAT
I WAS AN AUSTERE MAN,
MY MONEY INTO THE BANK,
THAT AT MY COMING
I MIGHT HAVE
REQUIRED MINE OWN
WITH USURY?'

AND GIVE IT TO HIM
THAT HATH TEN POUNDS.'

26. 'FOR I SAY UNTO YOU,

SHALL BE GIVEN;
EVEN THAT HE HATH

WHICH WOULD NOT
BRING HITHER,

You cannot apply that cynical theory to those Christians who develop THE TEN TALENTS OF POWER- whose Principles are involved in thie Teaching of Lord Yeshua.

. THE TEN TALENTS OF POWER. (Matt. 25:1-30.)[/i]

1. TOTAL RECALL.
3. TELEKINESIS.
4. TELEPORTATION.
5. TRANSLATION.
6-10. EVERLASTING LIFE.

IF YOU REQUIRE PROOF OF THE BENEVOLENT VERACITY OF THE BIBLE, AND THE MALICIOUS MENDACITY OF YOUR ATHEISTIC SLAVEMASTERS WHOM YOU BLINDLY SERVE, YOU NEED LOOK NO FURTHER THAN THE FIRST TALENT OF POWER.

Even Atheistic Scientists have confirmed that the average Mind only operates at 10% of its capabilities, due to inadequate training during its so-called “formative years.” They cover-up the fact that FULL CONSCIOUS AWARENESS CAN BE RESTORED TO ANYONE AT ANY AGE.

Any Atheist can see that the Atheistic, Luciferan, and Satanist Ruling Elite cannot want to try to rule over a populace of Enlightened Beings, ten times more aware than what currently obtains: because you all know that that will not be possible.

IT IS YOU, RATHER, WHO SUFFER FROM COGNITIVE DISSONANCE.

Like the supporters of the European Powerless decaffeinated Christianity whom you and your ilk are trained to bully, you ignore the fact that TRUE CHRISTIAN RELIGION EXISTS, and proves the foolishness of Atheism.

THE MOUTH YOU HAVE ON YOU!

. [u]JOHN 14:12.

THE WORKS THAT I DO
SHALL HE DO ALSO;
AND GREATER WORKS
THAN THESE SHALL HE DO;

I really want to see if you are not going to start breakdancing to avoid doing what you boasted you could do, but which my FOUR DECADES of Born Again Full-Gospel Christian Experience has proven to me that you cannot possibly.
Sciencewatch, come and carry your friend and send him back to Yabaleft abeg.
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by oaroloye(m): 4:51pm On Mar 07, 2019
MISHIGAS!

finalboss:

It comes down to the fact that the only real reason people believe in gods, is because a lot of other people believe in gods. It’s social proof - the ‘evidence’ of god is that a lot of people believe in god…or appear to believe in god.

Elaborate Sacred Ritual Pantomime was instituted to make people think that their Ceremonies actually meant something. Indoctrination was from Cradle-to-Grave, and quite subtle. A former Priest explained the reason for the sonorous chants, choruses, and hymns- the ostentatious ornamentation and colourful robes- the best in town this side of the prosperous: IT IS ALL TO IMPRESS THE LAYMAN [/i]FROM INFANCY, WHEN THEY ARE BROUGHT TO THE CHURCH TO BE “CHRISTENED,” THROUGHOUT THEIR LIFE, THAT: [i]THIS IS THE HOUSE OF GOD!

finalboss:

In fact, a lot (probably all) Christians have moments of doubt. This is why communal worship is so crucial to all religions - surrounding yourself with hundreds of other people who all appear to have strong faith, strengthens your own faith in the face of those personal doubts.

finalboss:

Religious belief is reflected in the story of The story of The Emperor’s New Clothes . Everyone believed the emperor was wearing an amazing costume (when he was actually naked) because everyone else acted as if they believed he was wearing an amazing costume (they were all cheering and commenting on how amazing the costume was), even though each one individually had strong doubts that he was wearing anything. But nobody wanted to speak up because they feared ridicule. It was social proof in action - everyone believed because everyone else believed.
The atheist is like the little boy in the story, who pointed out that the emperor was actually naked. The little boy burst the bubble. Social proof was instantly destroyed.

IT SHALL NOT HURT THEM;
AND THEY SHALL RECOVER."

19. So then after the Lord had Spoken unto them,
Amen.

which were of Jerusalem,
saying,

when they eat bread.

The Commandment of God
by your Tradition?
4. “For God Commanded,
Saying,

“and,

LET HIM DIE THE DEATH.'

5. “But ye say,

'WHOSOEVER SHALL SAY

IT IS A GIFT,
BE PROFITED BY ME;

6. 'AND HONOUR NOT
HE SHALL BE FREE.'

7. "Ye Hypocrites,
saying,

WITH THEIR MOUTH,
TEACHING FOR DOCTRINES

and Said unto them,

"Hear, and understand:
defileth a man;
this defileth a man."

and said unto him,

"Knowest thou

"Every plant,
which my Heavenly Father
hath not planted,
shall be rooted up.
14. "Let them alone:

16. And Jesus Said,

goeth into the belly,
18. "But those things
and they defile the man.

except they be agreed?"

finalboss:

Christians fear atheists because we are poking at their secret, silent doubts about god, and if we keep on doing it, these bubbles of faith will start to burst. Since Christianity is only maintained through social proof, once a critical mass of burst bubbles is reached, the entire ridiculous facade of Christianity, and eventually of all religions, will quickly come tumbling down.

and because they thought
12. He said therefore,

and said unto them,

'OCCUPY TILL I COME.'

saying,

TO REIGN OVER US.'

to be called unto him,
saying,

BECAUSE THOU HAST BEEN
HAVE THOU AUTHORITY
OVER TEN CITIES.'

saying,

20. "And another came,
saying,

21. 'FOR I FEARED THEE,
THOU TAKEST UP
AND REAPEST THAT
THOU DIDST NOT SOW.'

'OUT OF THINE OWN MOUTH
WILL I JUDGE THEE,
THOU WICKED SERVANT.
THOU KNEWEST THAT
I WAS AN AUSTERE MAN,
MY MONEY INTO THE BANK,
THAT AT MY COMING
I MIGHT HAVE
REQUIRED MINE OWN
WITH USURY?'

AND GIVE IT TO HIM
THAT HATH TEN POUNDS.'

26. 'FOR I SAY UNTO YOU,

SHALL BE GIVEN;
EVEN THAT HE HATH

WHICH WOULD NOT
BRING HITHER,

You cannot apply that cynical theory to those Christians who develop THE TEN TALENTS OF POWER- whose Principles are involved in this Teaching of Lord Yeshua.

Anthropologist CARLOS CASTANEDA proved that these Powers are not exclusive to Bible Religion alone, but alternate ways can be found to activate Man’s Hidden Abilities that The Bible is based on.

. THE TEN TALENTS OF POWER. (Matt. 25:1-30.)

1. TOTAL RECALL.
3. TELEKINESIS.
4. TELEPORTATION.
5. TRANSLATION.
6-10. EVERLASTING LIFE.

Any Atheist can see how that the Atheistic, Luciferan, and Satanist Ruling Elite cannot want to try to rule over a populace of Enlightened Beings, ten times more aware than what currently obtains: because you all know that that will not be possible.

finalboss:

This is a perfect example of cognitive dissonance. It is a piece of cake to debunk Christian & Muslim claims, but when you’ve been indoctrinated since childhood to believe in anti-scientific & immoral gibberish then you will spend the rest of your life fighting off anything that’s contrary to your religious doctrine.

NOT THE REST OF OUR LIVES- ONLY THE REST OF YOURS!

YOU WILL SURELY PROVE THAT IT IS YOU, RATHER, WHO SUFFER FROM ”COGNITIVE DISSONANCE.” The inability to perceive what goes against your chosen beliefs.

O THE MOUTH YOU HAVE ON YOU!
But that is all it is- just a mouth, regurgitating what “ATHEIST CENTRAL” has ordered it to say.
finalboss:

…It is a piece of cake to debunk Christian & Muslim claims…

. JOHN 14:12.

THE WORKS THAT I DO
SHALL HE DO ALSO;
AND GREATER WORKS
THAN THESE SHALL HE DO;

Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by finalboss(m): 5:48pm On Mar 07, 2019
Anas09:

Sciencewatch, come and carry your friend and send him back to Yabaleft abeg.
grin grin
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by finalboss(m): 5:50pm On Mar 07, 2019
oaroloye you mentioned me 6 times. relax nah
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by finalboss(m): 5:58pm On Mar 07, 2019
THE TEN TALENTS OF POWER. (Matt. 25:1-30.)

1. TOTAL RECALL.
3. TELEKINESIS.
4. TELEPORTATION.
5. TRANSLATION.
6-10. EVERLASTING LIFE.

X

boy you high on crack grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by finalboss(m): 6:04pm On Mar 07, 2019
please shed some light on this. THE TEN TALENTS OF POWER. (Matt. 25:1-30.)

do not twist anything
@oaroloye
@anas09
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by JeromeBlack: 7:25pm On Mar 07, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

John was the last Apostle to write. His book The Revelation of Jesus Christ was the last book of the Bible written. Chances are that he did in fact see the completed Bible before his death.

During the weekly meetings of believers commonly held on Sunday in every city in ancient times, the full Bible was read to Christians so that they got to know what it said. This is why copies of the inspired letters and Gospels and the prophecy of Revelation in addition to the Old Testament were available in the places where they gathered. It wasn't common that believers owned copies because they were generally poor and making copies of any text at all was expensive.

Because of the limitations of technology at the time, these copies were not bound into a single volume. But not only did they exist, believers knew that they were Scripture although other texts also existed that sometimes claimed to be Scripture but the apostles and the existing Old Testament set the gold standard for what was Scripture. If anything was written to contradict what was taught in the Old Testament and in writings from the Apostles (and special messengers like John Mark, Luke, James, and Jude), then it obviously was not Scripture. Additionally, inspired Scripture was and is its own witness, so any truly interested reader could tell if something was Scripture and if it wasn't.

Therefore, when councils were held, they certainly did not "create" the Bible or determine a Canon by any means. The councils were ostensibly reacting to heresies that attacked the Scriptures. But one unwise decision does not become wise because it attacks another unwise one. The Bible has never really been in question as to what it says. People have always tried to corrupt it by adding to it or trying to take away from it. The answer is always to judge what they add by the Spirit and to question why anything is to be removed. The answer is not to impose a definition on anybody else.

So, no, no council created the Bible. Book technology did improve primarily because of Christians' desire to have all the Scriptures in one volume, but no council defined the Canon. The Canon was self-evident right from the writing of the Scriptures themselves.

I seriously hate people who cannot admit that they are wrong.

Rather than admitting that you are wrong, you are writing nonsensical epistles to prove that you know something.

Everything you wrote in bold is false. Not only are those things false, they are laughably false.

How can the whole bible be read at christian meetings? What a foolish lie!
How can canon be self evident when even the catholic church, historians and early christians all disagreed on what was or is canon?

You are a clown.
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by JeromeBlack: 7:27pm On Mar 07, 2019
Anas09:

You sound like a teenager. You are not fit to have a conversation, so get lost.

Menopausal hag talking......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igbo Gospel Mix (mp3 Download) / "YOU ARE DOGS, SAID JESUS" Christians who are Hypertensive should'nt read this / Abolish Religion ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 191
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.