Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,355 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? (4211 Views)

Reno Omokri Replies Christians On 'Jesus Mother Of Mary' Mosque / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: It's Not Trump That They Hate, It's You, The Christians / RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by bloodofthelamb(m): 11:44am On Mar 03, 2019
finalboss:
It comes down to the fact that the only real reason people believe in gods, is because a lot of other people believe in gods. It’s social proof - the ‘evidence’ of god is that a lot of people believe in god…or appear to believe in god.

In fact, a lot (probably all) Christians have moments of doubt. This is why communal worship is so crucial to all religions - surrounding yourself with hundreds of other people who all appear to have strong faith, strengthens your own faith in the face of those personal doubts.

Religious belief is reflected in the story of The story of The Emperor’s New Clothes . Everyone believed the emperor was wearing an amazing costume (when he was actually naked) because everyone else acted as if they believed he was wearing an amazing costume (they were all cheering and commenting on how amazing the costume was), even though each one individually had strong doubts that he was wearing anything. But nobody wanted to speak up because they feared ridicule. It was social proof in action - everyone believed because everyone else believed.
The atheist is like the little boy in the story, who pointed out that the emperor was actually naked. The little boy burst the bubble. Social proof was instantly destroyed.

Christians fear atheists because we are poking at their secret, silent doubts about god, and if we keep on doing it, these bubbles of faith will start to burst. Since Christianity is only maintained through social proof, once a critical mass of burst bubbles is reached, the entire ridiculous facade of Christianity, and eventually of all religions, will quickly come tumbling down.

This is a perfect example of cognitive dissonance. It is a piece of cake to debunk Christian & Muslim claims, but when you’ve been indoctrinated since childhood to believe in anti-scientific & immoral gibberish then you will spend the rest of your life fighting off anything that’s contrary to your religious doctrine.

First of all, I do not believe in God because another person believes in Him. I have past that stage long time ago by his grace.

like apostle Paul, I Know who I believe. He is always with me and will never forsake me. I boldly and confidently say, "Christ whom I believe in is more real to me than the earth itself." Hallelujah!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by finalboss(m): 3:07pm On Mar 03, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

I look forward to your response.

As for finalboss, I talk the way I did only when an antagonist to the Faith makes declarations like the one in this thread in the face of responses that he does not account for.

I do sympathize with you about the work involved in these conversations. But when someone makes a challenge like the one made in that thread, then just as you did here, the person is responsible to make clear that they can or cannot respond and that they are taking time to make a response if they are.
relax, if i may inquire to be inspired, do you just fabricate non-existing antique words just to make your writeups appear hard-face and toxicative before the subscribers of this malicious powwow your replies are naff and i'm not really inquest for any vox-pop from this scenairo, lest i shall acrimoniously lull your folly till you potray it no more
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by finalboss(m): 3:25pm On Mar 03, 2019
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Ihedinobi3: 3:29pm On Mar 03, 2019
finalboss:
relax, if i may inquire to be inspired, do you just fabricate non-existing antique words just to make your writeups appear hard-face and toxicative before the subscribers of this malicious powwow your replies are naff and i'm not really inquest for any vox-pop from this scenairo, lest i shall acrimoniously lull your folly till you potray it no more
To be honest, I'm not sure what the above means.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by finalboss(m): 3:33pm On Mar 03, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

To be honest, I'm not sure what the above means.
little one, you will get what you want soon.
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by OPUSDEI1(m): 5:01pm On Mar 03, 2019
Why is the OP and his likes propagating an unfounded opinion?

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by FruitCakes(f): 5:22pm On Mar 03, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
What's the matter with barcadi?
Dont tell me you dont eat food with alcohol in it at all ooo, or is it you dont and/or never really do eat food with alcohil in it ni?
I only take non alcoholic substances
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Heathen777(m): 6:38pm On Mar 03, 2019
I won't say they are afraid of atheists, I just think they're more afraid of being proven wrong/ shown the flaws in their religion.. So they stay away from logical arguments and argue based on sentimental... (why they feel and believe they are right).

They can't logically prove Christianity is the one true way, but they can argue they have faith, and also argue from their individual personal experiences, (which really doesn't prove anything).

3 Likes

Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Akin1212(m): 7:37pm On Mar 03, 2019
daveP:
Lol.Sometimes i do wonder...why is it that 5/5 of atheist that sat down with the Holy Bible, trying to disprove all therein, always end up getting converted?

And other atheist end up jumping this real life fact with more baseless talk. lol

Most of yall ranting cant even sit down and try disprove the scientific way, talk less of the basic way.

Anyone who gets converted by reading the bible is a fool. Lol, how can such a fictional book convert a human being. When even for you to convert anyone, you as a Christian must speak for God and the bible. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Akin1212(m): 7:44pm On Mar 03, 2019
bloodofthelamb:

First of all, I do not believe in God because another person believes in Him. I have past that stage long time ago by his grace.

Lies!!!!

bloodofthelamb:

like apostle Paul, I Know who I believe.

Who? To be a who, means it's a person. Because the word who introduces a relative clause.

bloodofthelamb:

He is always with me and will never forsake me.

Always with you, how? Have you ever seen this 'who' who is always with you? And what has he done for you that he has not done for anyone else?

bloodofthelamb:

I boldly and confidently say, "Christ whom I believe in is more real to me than the earth itself." Hallelujah!!

You can touch the earth, can you touch christ? Don't lose touch with reality please.
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by MuttleyLaff: 9:59pm On Mar 03, 2019
FruitCakes:
I only take non alcoholic substances
Well I am sorry to be party pooper but I am sure you are aware that most of what we eat does contain trace amounts of alcohol substances in them sha

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by MuttleyLaff: 10:11pm On Mar 03, 2019
bloodofthelamb:
I boldly and confidently say, "Christ whom I believe in is more real to me than the earth itself." Hallelujah!!

Akin1212:
Lies!!!!

Always with you, how? Have you ever seen this 'who' who is always with you?
I dont need to or have to see, the assurance given, does me just too fine

Akin1212:
And what has he done for you that he has not done for anyone else?
I dont use another person's time clock for my work, neither do I poke nose into other people's business to know what's been done for me and not for anyone else

Akin1212:
You can touch the earth, can you touch christ? Don't lose touch with reality please.
Yes you can and are expected to touch Christ

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by FruitCakes(f): 10:46pm On Mar 03, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Well I am sorry to be party pooper but I am sure you are aware that most of what we eat does contain trace amounts of alcohol substances in them sha
No I'm not aware. You're the genius so thanks for giving me that info
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by NNAMDIII(m): 11:30pm On Mar 03, 2019
finalboss:
little one, shall we ?
why do you think there's no God? I'm starting to think there's no God too but society no go gree me
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Nobody: 8:06am On Mar 04, 2019
finalboss:
It comes down to the fact that the only real reason people believe in gods, is because a lot of other people believe in gods. It’s social proof - the ‘evidence’ of god is that a lot of people believe in god…or appear to believe in god.

In fact, a lot (probably all) Christians have moments of doubt. This is why communal worship is so crucial to all religions - surrounding yourself with hundreds of other people who all appear to have strong faith, strengthens your own faith in the face of those personal doubts.

Religious belief is reflected in the story of The story of The Emperor’s New Clothes . Everyone believed the emperor was wearing an amazing costume (when he was actually naked) because everyone else acted as if they believed he was wearing an amazing costume (they were all cheering and commenting on how amazing the costume was), even though each one individually had strong doubts that he was wearing anything. But nobody wanted to speak up because they feared ridicule. It was social proof in action - everyone believed because everyone else believed.
The atheist is like the little boy in the story, who pointed out that the emperor was actually naked. The little boy burst the bubble. Social proof was instantly destroyed.

Christians fear atheists because we are poking at their secret, silent doubts about god, and if we keep on doing it, these bubbles of faith will start to burst. Since Christianity is only maintained through social proof, once a critical mass of burst bubbles is reached, the entire ridiculous facade of Christianity, and eventually of all religions, will quickly come tumbling down.

This is a perfect example of cognitive dissonance. It is a piece of cake to debunk Christian & Muslim claims, but when you’ve been indoctrinated since childhood to believe in anti-scientific & immoral gibberish then you will spend the rest of your life fighting off anything that’s contrary to your religious doctrine.
When you hear the group name "CHRISTIANS" what do you perceive as in your expectations from them?
First of all you need to know the meaning of the group name,their mission,objectives and rules, otherwise you'll be led astray with wrong expectations! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Many people today have been led astray due to misinformation coupled with misrepresentation when talking about christianity. For your information, Christians are people from different races across the globe loyally and faithfully adhering to the instructions passed on to them by a small group of 12 first century men. So to be sure of their objectives,you need to study carefully the instructions given by those 12 men. The founder of the group was a young Nazarene called Jesus,he ordered them to preach and teach ONLY "the lost sheep of the house of Israel". This means that whoever doesn't possess the sheepish attribute of obedience should be left out! The order from the 12 men{singlehandedly chosen by the young Nazarene} to all their present and future predecessors is to AVOID UNNECESSARY ARGUMENTS with those who aren't sheepish in attitude. undecided undecided undecided
Atheism is for those who detests MIND CONTROLLING, this means atheists have already declared their stand regarding sheepishness so no well informed intellectual should expect the REAL Christians to waste precious times on atheists when there are still billions of sheepish ones suffering due to misinformation and misrepresentation powered by FALSE religious beliefs! undecided undecided undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 04, 2019
TATIME:
When you hear the group name "CHRISTIANS" what do you perceive as in your expectations from them?
First of all you need to know the meaning of the group name,their mission,objectives and rules, otherwise you'll be led astray with wrong expectations! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Many people today have been led astray due to misinformation coupled with misrepresentation when talking about christianity. For your information, Christians are people from different races across the globe loyally and faithfully adhering to the instructions passed on to them by a small group of 12 first century men. So to be sure of their objectives,you need to study carefully the instructions given by those 12 men. The founder of the group was a young Nazarene called Jesus,he ordered them to preach and teach ONLY "the lost sheep of the house of Israel". This means that whoever doesn't possess the sheepish attribute of obedience should be left out! The order from the 12 men{singlehandedly chosen by the young Nazarene} to all their present and future predecessors is to AVOID UNNECESSARY ARGUMENTS with those who aren't sheepish in attitude. undecided undecided undecided
Atheism is for those who detests MIND CONTROLLING, this means atheists have already declared their stand regarding sheepishness so no well informed intellectual should expect the REAL Christians to waste precious times on atheists when there are still billions of sheepish ones suffering due to misinformation and misrepresentation powered by FALSE religious beliefs! undecided undecided undecided
Hmmm certainly anyone still engaging atheists in arguments on social media is not a REAL christian! 1Timothy 6:4, Philippians 2:14, colossians 2:4, Titus 3:9
We're to go in SEARCH of 'the LOST SHEEP of the house of Israel' Matthew 10:6 compared with Ezekiel 34:6. Not those who detests sheepishness!
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Akin1212(m): 11:45am On Mar 04, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

I dont need to or have to see, the assurance given, does me just too fine

I dont use another person's time clock for my work, neither do I poke nose into other people's business to know what's been done for me and not for anyone else

Yes you can and are expected to touch Christ

Wait, are you the user I quoted? So you people have started using double accounts to make it look as though you are in numbers. Lol

All I see here are subjectivity and not objectivity. If that's what you want to base it on, then your God is fictional. I believe you of all people have heard that constantly.

And lemme just burst your bubbles, you cannot touch christ, the highest evil done to oneself is to deceive oneself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by theoriginalgood: 4:38pm On Mar 04, 2019
You see, someone can’t be born an atheist. Little babies are near useless. No human could have ever been responsible for existence. It’s obviously God. People all die someday, whereas the show keeps running. God is the only constant.

https://www.nairaland.com/5057182/reasonable-evidence-gods-existence
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by finalboss(m): 6:13pm On Mar 04, 2019
Akin1212:

Wait, are you the user I quoted? So you people have started using double accounts to make it look as though you are in numbers. Lol

All I see here are subjectivity and not objectivity. If that's what you want to base it on, then your God is fictional. I believe you of all people have heard that constantly.

And lemme just burst your bubbles, you cannot touch christ, the highest evil done to oneself is to deceive oneself.
lmao
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by daveP(m): 6:50pm On Mar 04, 2019
Akin1212:

Anyone who gets converted by reading the bible is a fool. Lol, how can such a fictional book convert a human being. When even for you to convert anyone, you as a Christian must speak for God and the bible. grin

im amazed that you sit from the comfort of your room and call those that use all means within legal standards of proof, evidences and facts, a fool.

I respect all 5 of these guys cos all of them did it within the walls of notable universities around the world.

Those are the men you sit calling fools?
Those are the men you felt were dumb, especially as we know the reason for the task was to discredit the authenticity and substantiability of The Holy Bible?

One may be a mistake, two may be a coincidence, but 3, 4, 5........ And you call all of them a fool?

Later on you will presents scientific facts to we believers of Jesus and want to use it to challenge us and all that, but the same standard of facts you suddenly find as flawed and biased when its presented to you guys? That's very funny.

Now, i would like to ask you one question

why is it that debates btw believers and atheist dont exist in forums, large scale on live tv, or in universities, esp as the challenger is the atheist? why?

See, its because mist of yall dont argue with bavked up facts.

To disprove a fact, you need a much more astounding fact to override the fact and use it to convince those that believe the challenged fact.

Whereas, vs Christians have debated the identity of the gospels, the bible and all therein with all those that came forward. These debates ended without hate or disrespect. But atheist have not had a stand on such grand stage. Are they scared?

The question is begging. And the reason is most of yall cannot prove what you stand by.

its like the opposite side of Faith on the part of believers, but believers can prove faith...

hmmmm

and lastly. What shoyld now be used to convert, if the bible own qualifies the person as a fool?
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by finalboss(m): 6:50pm On Mar 04, 2019
NNAMDIII:
why do you think there's no God? I'm starting to think there's no God too but society no go gree me
hello nnamdii, we have similar issue. Gimme smtime. I will explain everything.
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by finalboss(m): 6:59pm On Mar 04, 2019
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by daveP(m): 7:03pm On Mar 04, 2019
finalboss:
still the same question, can you prove your God exist ?
Now i see why you guys can never be taken serious in a setting that everyone speaks for himself.

Yes i can.Its been done a thousand times in the last century... But you guys in the same time frame keep having a weaker point as each years pass by. And you guys see it as strength. smh.
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by finalboss(m): 7:06pm On Mar 04, 2019
daveP:
Now i see why you guys can never be taken serious in a setting that everyone speaks for himself.

Yes i can.Its been done a thousand times in the last century... But you guys in the same time frame keep having a weaker point as each years pass by. And you guys see it as strength. smh.
stop twisting everything. And lets start. I will be back before 8:30pm. please be ready. Davep
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by NNAMDIII(m): 9:17pm On Mar 04, 2019
finalboss:
hello nnamdii, we have similar issue. Gimme smtime. I will explain everything.
Alright bro, I'll be waiting
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by finalboss(m): 9:19pm On Mar 04, 2019
davep, People who believe in one God ought to wonder why they don't believe in other gods. People have/had confidence that Thor, Zeus, Xenu, and a myriad other gods exist/existed. For what reason do they not make a difference a similar rationale they use to neglect the other gods, to their very own God?

I was a believer until about a year back. At some point, I had some extra time on the train and thought, "I wonder what Scientology is." So I began inquiring about and watching documentaries and discussions on YouTube and had an extraordinary giggle. that motivated me to take a gander at other religions like Mormonism. Goodness! Truly?! more chuckles. Islam? Not the same number of snickers but rather unmistakably blemished most definitely.
At long last, I turned the inquiry on myself. Is it right that I stay here and giggle about different religions without knowing without a doubt that others aren't snickering at mine? Along these lines, I pondered what I accepted and why I thought my convictions were plainly superior to the others. My reasons were that

1. Jesus' birth was prophesied.

2. my God was conceived from a virgin.

3. There are actual historical records of his physical presence and wonders He performed.

4. it is archived that he kicked the bucket and returned to life.

5. Archeological disclosures have all bolstered the Bible. After some exploration, I observed none of these to be valid. Stun! My next idea was, "The Jews were correct from the beginning!" more research says that is false either.

I have been reasoning about this and simply engrossing anything I can discover on it and have come to understand a couple of things.

To begin with , The subject of whether there is a divine being or not is absolutely unimportant except if he needs something from us. the inquiry ought to be, "Which religion has the correct message from god?" they all have diverse messages and none is by all accounts ready to demonstrate that their message came specifically from god. from what I've realized, if the Jews are right, we don't need to be accept to go to paradise. There isn't even a damnation in any case, so it doesn't generally make a difference what you do.

second, the more intently anybody ACTUALLY pursues the religious messages that structure the premise of their religious convictions, the more violent and dangerous they become. the less individuals think about the religion they pursue, the more peaceful they become, because they tend to cherry pick the bits of the book they do like(and that comply with advanced standards), guarantee them as the reason for their religious convictions, and dismissal/disregard the rest.

Any individual who pursued the tenets spread out in the book of scriptures would realize that servitude is alright as long as you pursue certain guidelines. They would likewise "know" that homosexuality isn't right. ISIS is ACTUALLY endeavoring to make the principles of Islam into law. They are attempting to authorize Sharia Law all through the Muslim world (first). Sharia Law is the uncovered law of god as layed out in the Qur'an. Go to any nation that has a theocracy and notice how insane the laws are towards ladies or individuals of other religions. The main religions that do not fall into this standard are the Janes (and possibly Buddhists?).

Until somebody can demonstrate that they have proof that their religion comes straightforwardly from god, I'd simply assume not believe in any. In the event that I see god when I kick the bucket and he says "for what reason did you not believe in me?" I'd ask "Who exactly are you? How was I expected to know which book/set of guidelines was yours?" Surely god would HAVE to realize how much confusion there is about what he needs.
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 06, 2019
daveP:

why is it that debates btw believers and atheist dont exist in forums, large scale on live tv, or in universities, esp as the challenger is the atheist? why?
Which part of the world do you live in?

Should I start dropping links of these public debates in universities and conference centres for you?

Not to mention more than half the time, the atheist usually comes out on top with the more convincing arguments, questions, rebuttals et al
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Anas09: 2:20pm On Mar 06, 2019
finalboss:
Even the pope can't withstand me he will kowtow . I will reply you soon son.
Is Pope a Christian or a Catholic? And, your ignorant arrogance stinks
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by finalboss(m): 2:22pm On Mar 06, 2019
Anas09:

Is Pope a Christian or a Catholic? And, your ignorant arrogance stinks
anas09, gutless religious troll.
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 06, 2019
The one asking "is the pope Christian or Catholic" should have the common sense to know that the pope is still a believer in a supernatural deity
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by finalboss(m): 2:28pm On Mar 06, 2019
IAmSabrina:
The one asking "is the pope Christian or Catholic" should have the common sense to know that the pope is still a believer in a supernatural deity
she can't tell diff btw the two.
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Anas09: 3:38pm On Mar 06, 2019
finalboss:
anas09, gutless religious troll.
Hahahahaha. Gutless you say. I give up engaging ignorant twerps like you long ago.

You didn't answer me tho. Is Pope a Christian or a Catholic?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igbo Gospel Mix (mp3 Download) / Your Blood- Bought Inheritance by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / "YOU ARE DOGS, SAID JESUS" Christians who are Hypertensive should'nt read this

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.