Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,635 members, 7,809,388 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode (30198 Views)

Fact Check: Did IPOB Kill A Yoruba Man Because He Is Yoruba & Voted For Tinubu? / How Many Yoruba Voted In The East / Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by fixedfolly: 12:30am On Mar 04, 2019
Cantonese:

Sometimes this FFK of a man seems to confuse himself. I disagree with him absolutely on this. He needs to check his statistics.

First he should not hold the Igbos responsible for the failure of Atiku. Atiku is a northerner just like Buhari. In the contest how many votes did Atiku score in the northeast where he comes from. If you add the northwest then you can find the result yourself.

Obi delivered his state Anambra by a very wide margin, even totally defeating APGA in Anambra state where the governor openly campaigned for Buhari. Obi delivered the whole of the south east. What was the score card of Atiku in the north east?

Now concerning the issue. FFK as an inlaw to the Igbos should be reminded the reason for the recent tribal issues with the Yorubas in Lagos. The Yorubas are not happy that the Igbos are voting PDP. If we use the issues of the happening in Lagos as our window to look at other Yoruba states then we can safely say that the South west votes was so high because the Igbos in the south west voted Atiku. Ordinarily most of the South west voted and would always vote APC. The Igbos are contesting for positions in government. A vote for whoever it is translates to a vote for PDP.

The truth is that PDP has a lot of work to do in the south west. Look at Lagos, while APC is out there telling the Yorubas that the Igbos are their problems, FFK and PDP led by Agbaje have not come out to vehemently counter it. If they do so that should give the Igbos more confidence to come out in the governorship and vote PDP. That done will increase PDP votes more.

Please do your research properly FFK.
You have to understand that the northeast is not ethnically or religiously homogeneous like the south east, of all Nigeria's geopolitical regions, the southeast is the most homogeneous. It is therefore expected of them to vote the same way. The northeast is home to a large number of Christian minorities cut across over 100 ethnic groups.Its difficult to get block votes there
Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by abokikhalifa: 12:42am On Mar 04, 2019
Cantonese:

Go to the east and find out for yourself friend. Have you ever been across the river Niger at the Onitsha side? You will come back to the south west bringing the good news of what you saw. Never judge a book by its cover.

I'm a fully Lagos boy born and raised but
I am from the south outh, akwa ibom to be precise. Schooled at Uniuyo for 4 years, served in delta state, Warri for one year. Asaba to Onitsha is a stone throw. I go to visit my fellow Corp members on a regular and bro they is nothing like any Yoruba man working with your state government. Don't play your self here unless you want to keep deceiving your self.you guys don't even have anything doing at your secretariete. Na only market una sabi. Fake things everywhere, red sand everywhere .SMH

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 12:48am On Mar 04, 2019
zeromeridian:
Yes, your brothers are fighting the Igbos for supporting Atiku Obi PDP, meanwhile Southwest voted for Atiku more than Igbos.

Yoruba Muslims will destroy the Yoruba Nation. The are filled with bile and hate. All this threat on Igbos, just check that it's the Yoruba Muslims.

The Hausa fulani have seen the useful idiot in the VP and they are making use of him in it's fullness.

I will not be surprised if Lagos turns an Emirate which l know the Yoruba Muslims would not mind. They are the first to always say we are Yorubas before religion but we all know it's a lie. Go to Alausa and see that 90% of the civil servants are Yoruba Muslims.

Why would Yoruba attack Igbos for voting PDP?
PDP won in Ondo and Oyo, Yoruba states. This frustration of Yoruba Muslims will create wahala if not checked.

My sincere love to the Yoruba Christians

After hausa- Igbo. Now it's Yoruba Muslim/ Yoruba Christians. Get a life. Life is too short to be living with hate and depression.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by Amah70: 12:50am On Mar 04, 2019
ijustdey:

https://mobile.twitter.com/realFFK/status/1102132828597293056

About half or one-third of the
Yoruba votes could be Igbo voters in the SW region.
Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by LazyGold(m): 12:56am On Mar 04, 2019
grandstar:

I'm 99.99% sure you have never interacted with a Yoruba Muslim.

They are very secular. They even drink alcohol (even their imams) and some rear pigs. Hausas don't consider them Muslims.

They also intermarry with christians.

What you're saying here is extremely strange to Yoruba people. For your information, Oyo state is majority Muslim and Atiku won the state.

Fasholas dad is Muslim and the mum Christan. Same with Wizkid.

Even Tinubu they are crying about married a Christian Wife and he never stop her from practicing her religion.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by Nigerfine2: 1:17am On Mar 04, 2019
Figures matter....the SE SW SS votes in the just concluded election does not come close to the NORTH..
THAT'S WHY THE LESS INTELLECTUAL WILL CONTINUE TO RULE THE WISE.
Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by Oluwasanmi18: 1:24am On Mar 04, 2019
zeromeridian:
Yes, your brothers are fighting the Igbos for supporting Atiku Obi PDP, meanwhile Southwest voted for Atiku more than Igbos.

Yoruba Muslims will destroy the Yoruba Nation. The are filled with bile and hate. All this threat on Igbos, just check that it's the Yoruba Muslims.

The Hausa fulani have seen the useful idiot in the VP and they are making use of him in it's fullness.

I will not be surprised if Lagos turns an Emirate which l know the Yoruba Muslims would not mind. They are the first to always say we are Yorubas before religion but we all know it's a lie. Go to Alausa and see that 90% of the civil servants are Yoruba Muslims.

Why would Yoruba attack Igbos for voting PDP?
PDP won in Ondo and Oyo, Yoruba states. This frustration of Yoruba Muslims will create wahala if not checked.

My sincere love to the Yoruba Christians
wat d f**k is he saying��.....Yoruba Muslim/Yoruba Christian ..

11 Likes

Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by TosinEzeh: 1:34am On Mar 04, 2019
Pascalogb:
Do you know how many igbo votes in that south west votes? Because most Lagos votes came from igbos in Lagos.

The votes that they were throwing away? Abegi. angry

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by str8talk1: 1:38am On Mar 04, 2019
Igbos gave the highest votes to Atiku/Obi candidacy. Even, in that your Lagos state, 40% of valid votes casted are from the Igbos. so, wise up guy!
Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by Daboomb: 1:39am On Mar 04, 2019
Oluwasanmi18:
wat d f**k is he saying��.....Yoruba Muslim/Yoruba Christian ..

Relax now, the boy is in sifia pains and it will last another 4years. grin

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 1:52am On Mar 04, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Tribal bigot. We Igbos gave Atiku the highest votes in the South
Where are ur figures? undecided
Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 2:00am On Mar 04, 2019
TosinEzeh:

That's what I've been saying, it's the Yoruba muslims that have the issue. They're holding the South back from being great.
There's nothing like "Yoruba Muslims". Such divide and rule tactics don't work with the Yoruba's.

Yorubas are Yorubas

11 Likes

Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 2:06am On Mar 04, 2019
Cantonese:

If we use the issues of the happening in Lagos as our window to look at other Yoruba states then we can safely say that the South west votes was so high because the Igbos in the south west voted Atiku. Ordinarily most of the South west voted and would always vote APC.

So, are u saying there are more Igbos in the SW than the SE

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 2:13am On Mar 04, 2019
And do
Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by Mace0lane: 2:24am On Mar 04, 2019
This is how many Ibos talk rubbish up n down NL. How many people were killed when Obj n Yardua ruled ? Was it not Igbo inciting other Nigerians against Ebele that led to clashes experienced under his tenure ?
OriakuAmara:
Because Igbos are more interested in their business than who rules this stinking country.
We are not desperate for power,
We know the region that can kill for power because without political power, they will be like fish out of water

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by Mace0lane: 2:42am On Mar 04, 2019
Zik was the greatest tribalist among Nigeria founding fathers. Ain’t we talking about the Zik that appointed a foolish Igbo man as the VC of UI ?

Eberejesus111:

There wasn't a place in history Zik had wanted to divide any region. As far as I can know, Zik had been a Nigerian to the core, he had seen Yoruba, Igbo, and Hausa with all other tribes as one.
Look at most of his speeches to the colonialist at a certain time, he never mentioned Igbo nor yourba in his words, all he always had to say was Nigeira, Nigeria and Nigeria .
History is very ripe in its lessons to learn, sometimes I do think if these nationalist of old did see what Nigeria would have turned out to be, they would have disagreed in the conference at Ibadan. But who knows, God has a good plan why he united people or tribes who know they can't do with each other, but continue to throw belittling remarks in fake folly.
God bless our country, Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by Mace0lane: 2:49am On Mar 04, 2019
Block or melting vote Igbo vote remain worth n useless
emmykk:

This debate that southwest voted more for atiku than south east is baseless,because it invariably means Yoruba's voted Atiku than Igbo,which is not true.

In the claimed 1.75million votes in south west Igbo may still just make up about 750K while there is no significant Yoruba voters in south east. So using region to judge which tribe that voted the more is not enough.

The idiot INEC are so stupid not to bring out deep statistics like the age,the occupation, the tribe,other wise this noise would have solve itself

Now you will hear candidates in Lagos begging Igbo to vote or not to vote but you can't yoruba to vote or not in east

Besides Igbo votes are usually block vote but south west vote for APC is never block.

There is a huge difference in the votes of both region.

I sincerely believed Igbo vote more for PDP than Yoruba's

Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by Muyology: 3:09am On Mar 04, 2019
Why does the guy enjoying throwing up unnecessary sentiment simply because he can spend all his time on social media.
The submission he made can only be correct if all the voters in south west are Yoruba and vice visa.

We have many igbos in south west than Yoruba in south east. I knew fani Kayode was not smart
Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by Muyology: 3:12am On Mar 04, 2019
Mace0lane:
Block or melting vote Igbo vote remain worth n useless

You are 100% correct
Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by giftedben: 3:19am On Mar 04, 2019
Why do Yoruba's feel inferior before intelligent people? I mean, why do they behave in a foolish manner to fool Nigerians? We all know Yoruba's were afraid of the massive Igbo voting turn out in the South West to the extent that they were demanding to be respected.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by DerideGull(m): 3:22am On Mar 04, 2019
YourNemesis:
Igbos are not as populated as Yorubas.
While Yorubas can afford to vote 40 or even 45% for one party and still give 55% to the winners while managing it, Igbos can't afford to even give away as little as 25% of their votes to another political party, It would be disastrous. And that is exactly what has played out here.

Forget all those massive 99% turnout figures in the SE from previous years- they were all cooked up figures that couldn’t be done this year because power had changed axis long ago.

At least, 1/4 of the votes that went for PDP from southwest geopolitical region are accounted by the Ndigbo. It is clear most Yoruba from the southwest geopolitical region voted for Buhari and APC.
Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by LazyGold(m): 3:27am On Mar 04, 2019
giftedben:
Why do Yoruba's feel inferior before intelligent people? I mean, why do they behave in a foolish manner to fool the people? We all know Yoruba's were afraid of the massive Igbo voting turn out in the South West to the extent that they were demanding to be respected.

Intelligent people my foot, Your actions and words from many people in Your region usually prove that just a few of you are intelligent, many of You are dumbass if you check this thread you will see many comment from people that come from your region that prove they need emergency brain check up.

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by LazyGold(m): 3:33am On Mar 04, 2019
DerideGull:

At least, 1/4 of the votes that went for PDP from southwest geopolitical region are accounted by the Ndigbo. It is clear most Yoruba from the southwest geopolitical region voted for Buhari and APC.

keep trying to Console Yourselves, millions of Yoruba are PDP supporters and we have told you before the Election that South West votes would be divided between PDP and APC but you never listened. Yoruba don't practice Zombies Politics, we can Vote for anyone we like even in my City in South West PDP won many Polling Units and APC won many polling Units too.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by Mankosi: 3:40am On Mar 04, 2019
Most people that voted atiku from Yoruba land are igbos residing in South West. So ur talk is not correct.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yemi Osinbajo Arrives For His Presidential Primary Screening (video) / #bringbackoursoldiers Now Trending On Twitter (screenshots) / Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.