Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,551 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode (30227 Views)

Fact Check: Did IPOB Kill A Yoruba Man Because He Is Yoruba & Voted For Tinubu? / How Many Yoruba Voted In The East / Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by emerged01(m): 4:14am On Mar 04, 2019
Daviddson:
I'm neither Igbo nor Yoruba, but this your divide tactics is very sickening and silly. Stop dividing Yoruba people into two.
Bro,you get time o! No one can divide Yorubas. Let him continue.

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by Moukandjo: 4:35am On Mar 04, 2019
YourNemesis:
Besides, Igbos by themselves can not determine the direction any national election result will go. They usually need another region to vote in the same pattern to make a significant enough impact, Usually SS.

But this time, the SS states all had their own individual interests from Delta to Akwa Ibom to Edo to Bayelsa.

If there are 2.4 Million igbo voters in Lagos state, how many voters are now in Lagos state in total?
Yes there are igbos outside Igboland, but the number is mostly usually artificially inflated by Igbos for some other motives. That was what Agbaje was relying n 2015 that led to his disgrace. You Igbos should learn to be sincere with the people who depend on you like Atiku and co, so that they can do proper strategic planning ahead. It is not everything that y'all have to 'chestbeat' about.
They're gorillas na & gorillas always beat their chests.

10 Likes

Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by Sheggy13(m): 4:43am On Mar 04, 2019
Pascalogb:
Do you know how many igbo votes in that south west votes? Because most Lagos votes came from igbos in Lagos.
You would have said all Lagos votes for PDP come from Igbos not most. I guess they're also the ones that got PDP all the votes in Oyo and Ondo states where PDP won. You guys overrate yourselves.

12 Likes

Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by kenex4ever(m): 4:46am On Mar 04, 2019
YourNemesis:
Igbos are not as populated as Yorubas.
While Yorubas can afford to vote 40 or even 45% for one party and still give 55% to the winners while managing it, Igbos can't afford to even give away as little as 25% of their votes to another political party, It would be disastrous. And that is exactly what has played out here.

Forget all those massive 99% turnout figures in the SE from previous years- they were all cooked up figures that couldn’t be done this year because power had changed axis long ago.
. You.are very unintelligent to relate this to population,

To start with, Igbos didn't come out to vote. Most of them wasn't interested in d election.

Also a lot of voters in Lagos and portharcourt are Igbos, did you calculate those ones?
Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by Dracas: 4:57am On Mar 04, 2019
This good for nothing guy is always looking for something to say.
Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by holuphisayor(m): 5:32am On Mar 04, 2019
Senseless post.
How do you get your yoruba figures.
Igbos are everywhere in the southwest like mtn.
Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by Mrexcell(m): 5:35am On Mar 04, 2019
ijustdey:

https://mobile.twitter.com/realFFK/status/1102132828597293056

The igbo votes will definitely be higher if you consider that majority of the people who voted for atiku in the south west and the north are actually igbos residing in those areas.
Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 6:01am On Mar 04, 2019
[s]
YourNemesis:
Besides, Igbos by themselves can not determine the direction any national election result will go. They usually need another region to vote in the same pattern to make a significant enough impact, Usually SS.

But this time, the SS states all had their own individual interests from Delta to Akwa Ibom to Edo to Bayelsa.

If there are 2.4 Million igbo voters in Lagos state, how many voters are now in Lagos state in total?
Yes there are igbos outside Igboland, but the number is mostly usually artificially inflated by Igbos for some other motives. That was what Agbaje was relying n 2015 that led to his disgrace. You Igbos should learn to be sincere with the people who depend on you like Atiku and co, so that they can do proper strategic planning ahead. It is not everything that y'all have to 'chestbeat' about.
[/s]

As a Benin man who has travelled far and wide I can tell you that you are an uninformed bigot and extremely unexposed

The south east have more population than the south west

I have lived in taraba, Adamawa, Kano , kaduna, anambra , enugu, Lagos , osun all for work because my job demands I travel alot and in every state I have gone you can find a group of igbos living and doing business
You are too stupid to understand that the government has twisted census figures for years for political notices so stupid people like you can talk rubbing and chest beat like a lunatic

The problem I have with the South easterners is that they do not come out and vote

In anambra alone there were over 1.9 million registered voters but less than 700k picked up the PVC

You are too stupid to understand this aren't you?

In enugu same thing, in Imo same thing, the number of ibo in Lagos alone is more than some south Western States population

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by seanfer(m): 6:04am On Mar 04, 2019
Jman06:
Yes I read it, and the message is still same. Why would he brag about the number of votes southwest gave Atiku since Atiku didn't eventually win?? What gain would he derive from that??

He's indirectly passing the message that not all southwesterners are for APC and that a large proportion of them would vote PDP in the guber election. So, people should let the igbos rest!

If truly what you wrote here m, Then how come Majority voted for APC in the Senate and HOR?

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by verifiablefacts: 6:28am On Mar 04, 2019
ijustdey:

https://mobile.twitter.com/realFFK/status/1102132828597293056
how can 1.75million be whooping from probable 8million?
Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by Caseless: 6:31am On Mar 04, 2019
obembet:
I never expect that kind vote from SW for PDP. When it coke.to politics, I respect Yorubas. If Jonathan get what atiku get from.West, GEJ for win.
you're lying. Look at what Jonathan got in 2015 from the entire SW : 1,821,416. Check the tweet by FFK and you'd see that gej got more than Atiku.

The shock for us in APC is that, Atiku got too many votes from our region, but APC didn't too well in his own stronghold.

Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by pjecly: 6:40am On Mar 04, 2019
This man self
Make I ask him

Is it that only Yoruba are in south west?
Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by yommen: 6:52am On Mar 04, 2019
He forgot that there many igbos in South West whose votes are being counted as Yoruba votes. How many.
Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by slowice(m): 6:54am On Mar 04, 2019
Igbo this igbo that, igbo up igbo down, igbo in everybody's mouth.... Yoruba people please leave Igbos alone..... Let them be! They re the most peace loving and supportive tribe in this nation yet they re the most abused, most hated, most betrayed, most neglected, most disenfranchised, most killed yet they ve managed to grow themselves by themselves. Yes they may not ve Lagos or Abuja in the south east but for all they ve been through yet standing they sure deserves more credit from this sick n divisive nation. Igbos re being pushed to the wall every now and then by this nation n one day they will be gone for good and this nation ll miss them greatly. Please you people should leave Igbos alone haba!!
Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by Askme8: 6:59am On Mar 04, 2019
YourNemesis:
While Yorubas can afford to vote 40 or even 45% for one party and still give 55% to the winners while managing it, Igbos can't afford to even give away as little as 25% of their votes to another political party, It would be disastrous. And that is exactly what has played out here.

Forget all those massive 99% turnout figures in the SE from previous years- they were all cooked up figures that couldn’t be done this year because power had changed axis long ago.
if u say Igbo's are not as populated as Yoruba I disagree with u.check how many Yoruba's are in Igbo land I mean landlord oh,not agbo sellers oh,and check how many Igbo's that are scattered all over Yoruba land as land owners investors u might even be typing this as a tenant from an Igbo mans house in oshobo.if u divid that one million plus vote in the west u will discover that 35to40 percent are from the Igbo's in the west that voted for atiku.the Yoruba's can not do that in the east.then check out the number of Easterners in the north and outside the country and yet we still have such a number at home, and come to think of it that here at home an average Igbo man does not come out to vote then u hide your face in shame to say that the Igbo's are not much. Omoalibe think well
Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by Slurity(m): 7:00am On Mar 04, 2019
Donald95:
Sadly, that is the truth.

Come to think of it, Many thinks that Nnamdi Kanu is brainwashing Umu Igbo . Now it is clear that Nnamdi Kanu is loved and respected just because he speaks and does exactly what Umu Igbo wants him to. Whenever he gives order that is not aligning to what we want, it is simply ignored.

Igbo People has been saying it time without number that they are not interested in nigerian politics but they think we are lying.

Have you seen how they boycotted the election despite Order from Nnamdi Kanu for us to vote?
Go and sleep my friend. Turn out for voting is generally low in all region and not Igbo alone. keep consoling yourself, you really need it
Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by xismo(m): 7:10am On Mar 04, 2019
Producing Igbo president will be one of the greatest jokes of the century. Until the system of government changed.. But for democracy which is a game of numbers, it just played out that Igbos are simply minorities among the majorities. Unless the Igbos step up with massive political mobilization of of other regions to herald relevance in the Nigerian politics or simply ignore being a president and focus on commerce which is there God gives domain.
Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by luluosas(m): 7:14am On Mar 04, 2019
Ndigbo, how market?
Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by SlayerForever: 7:20am On Mar 04, 2019
[s]
OriakuAmara:
Because Igbos are more interested in their business than who rules this stinking country.
We are not desperate for power,
We know the region that can kill for power because without political power, they will be like fish out of water
[/s]

Tufia!

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by Askme8: 7:23am On Mar 04, 2019
gberra:
Atiku is unarguably the most stupid and tactlessly clueless a politician despite his long foray into the local political clime, to even think that the choice of a peter obi from an electorally worthless, less politically savvy region of the country would have slightly or otherwise brightened his chances of being victorious.
I insist that Jack, is far more popular than Peter Obi in the SE and would have tilted more votes than Obi will ever be capable of. Obi is nothing but an overrated and a glorified third rate political liability much as Atiku is to the Northern population.
And as for FFK, this little piece of his mind appears to be a soft jab to the igbos. A soft jab in such a way as not to draw as much blood than a reality check.
I really do hope you would receive this soft jab as graciously as you received his numerous praises.
Igbos good morning.
e still never clear to u say na atiku win this election abi. The Igbo's did it this time, were in the history of election u prospone election same day of election, and use one week to call the result? I see u are still living in denials. 16th of Feb your cooked result was not ready some state result are not ready they have to push the election forward to finish the cooking, even after the election they were still cooking result for your so called baba in your west and north because they never believed the turn out will be like that for PDP . have u stop to think why the delay of result calling? On Sunday night we all know the result of 2015 election. In 2019 it took them oneweek so they can perfect their rigging. Igbo's we did it this time we surprise them in Lagos in Ogun in osun in their own back yard and their so-called strong hold. Come 2019 after buhari APC will be history
Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by Ziggylady(f): 7:25am On Mar 04, 2019
YourNemesis:

You just love to overate your little poor selves...Typical lizard who imagines itself a crocodile..You made so much noise,insulted everyone because of buhari only to sneak behind and vote Atiku afterall..

In your normal delusiional state,you have now attributed the 55% vote you rigged for buhari/APC as the winming formular for him..Meanwhile the miilions of votes rigged for buhari in the North says completely otherwise..Shame and truth does not exist in your tattered dictionary..

Such pathetic neither-here-nor-there noise makers..Yet after hovering around,will be the first and loudest to claim a "victory" you had no hand in..

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by Ziggylady(f): 7:29am On Mar 04, 2019
YourNemesis:

Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by thegoodone1234(m): 7:37am On Mar 04, 2019
If you can check my previous post. I said PDP made a great mistake for pick v. p from SE. if they pick v. p from south west or south south could have better. south east don't have numbers to decides any election in Nigeria. The only time South East can be the president of this country is when the big two political party zone the president to South East alone. 30% of south West population is more than the whole population of south east. it may be as the result of civil war. One Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by bluntMonkey: 7:38am On Mar 04, 2019
Donald95:

Come to think of it, Many thinks that Nnamdi Kanu is brainwashing Umu Igbo . Now it is clear that Nnamdi Kanu is loved and respected just because he speaks and does exactly what Umu Igbo wants him to. Whenever he gives order that is not aligning to what we want, it is simply ignored.

Igbo People has been saying it time without number that they are not interested in nigerian politics but they think we are lying.

Have you seen how they boycotted the election despite Order from Nnamdi Kanu for us to vote?

You are a big fool like your leader Nnamdi Kanu, shebi he said that the ipob demands have been met and therefore asked you people to go out and vote with burnt pvcs, now the election is over, what next? I guess the Biafra state will be actualized now without any form of agitation? Morons

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by Ziggylady(f): 7:38am On Mar 04, 2019
Donald95:

The card-readers sent to SE were faulty ones and failed to work in most cases...INEC then instructed that votes without card-readers be voided while in the mlllions voted without card-readers..

Be informed next time before typing away with reckless abandon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by Ziggylady(f): 7:41am On Mar 04, 2019
StOla:
FFK about to lose some of his loyal puppets.

You must an old kid..,He is saying you lots are traitors and cant be trusted.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by lx3as(m): 7:41am On Mar 04, 2019
kenex4ever:
. You.are very unintelligent to relate this to population,

To start with, Igbos didn't come out to vote. Most of them wasn't interested in d election.

Also a lot of voters in Lagos and portharcourt are Igbos, did you calculate those ones?

You are conflicting yourself; Igbo didn't come out to vote but voted massively in Lagos and Port Harcourt. I want to ask: why you people like to chest-beat?

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by Askme8: 7:49am On Mar 04, 2019
abokikhalifa:

I'm a fully Lagos boy born and raised but
I am from the south outh, akwa ibom to be precise. Schooled at Uniuyo for 4 years, served in delta state, Warri for one year. Asaba to Onitsha is a stone throw. I go to visit my fellow Corp members on a regular and bro they is nothing like any Yoruba man working with your state government. Don't play your self here unless you want to keep deceiving your self.you guys don't even have anything doing at your secretariete. Na only market una sabi. Fake things everywhere, red sand everywhere .SMH
see akwa ibom wey get white sand.imbuk between business and secretariat which is more lucrative? The last time I check business gives u money on daily bases but the other is on monthly bases which is the home of corruption.in the east every successful business man is a land lord but in akwa ibom majority Secretariat men are tanant being own month of salary like your current Npower of Feb.
Re: Yoruba Voted For Atiku More Than Igbo – Fani-Kayode by thegoodone1234(m): 7:49am On Mar 04, 2019
pjecly:
This man self Make I ask him
Is it that only Yoruba are in south west?
ist only Igbo are in south east?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dr Maduka Builds, Donates 40 Free Flats To 40 Widows In Anambra (Pictures) / Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury / Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.