Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,377 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

March 9: Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Others To Visit Delta Tomorrow - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / March 9: Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Others To Visit Delta Tomorrow (35584 Views)

Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Amaechi, Others At APC Caucus Meeting In Abuja / Photos From The Meeting Of Tinubu & Oshiomhole With Wamakko / How Tinubu, Oshiomhole And Balarabe Musa Stopped My Defection - Shehu Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: March 9: Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Others To Visit Delta Tomorrow by Efewestern: 10:40pm On Mar 03, 2019
senatordave1:

He didnt try as much as i wanted,agege did better.buhari should have won at least 5 lgas in urhobo land.he should also have helped edoja win the house of reps seat for ethiope.he should have inflated votes plus he should have gotten votes from ukwuani,his mother area.

Buhari wasn't that sellable in Delta State, that's the bitter truth, so many locals wanted him out because of the herdsmen crisis, Ethiope east is one of the LGA in Delta state that was most affected by that, and Buhari silence brought so many dislike to his personality. Ogboru came in and was able to convince so many people to vote for Buhari. He won Ethiope east for APC with a huge margin, he also gave APC some votes in Ukwani and Ndwokwa.

Even on Ogboru's facebook page, so many people do post comment like "Ogboru na u we go vote for Governor, But Atiku go be our president".
Re: March 9: Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Others To Visit Delta Tomorrow by oldschoollapel(m): 10:49pm On Mar 03, 2019
hmmm, o, boy come and see confusion in the camp of Delta PDP . The big guns are coming to town led by the top sheriff himself .

1 Like

Re: March 9: Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Others To Visit Delta Tomorrow by princegeo(m): 10:54pm On Mar 03, 2019
Dead movement
If they want let them go with Jesus Christ
Deltans are not stupid like kwara an Lagos state

PDP will still win in delta state
Re: March 9: Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Others To Visit Delta Tomorrow by abokikhalifa: 10:54pm On Mar 03, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Fake News. Tinubu can't follow them to Delta state. He is busy running around now because of the O To Gee movement which is in Lagos

Don't worry , you will die of shock when you see him in delta tomorrow

1 Like

Re: March 9: Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Others To Visit Delta Tomorrow by SamOyovwi: 10:55pm On Mar 03, 2019
Mr English! Delta State needs to change from these Egyptians the PDP
Hidentity:
I am not a politician and I don't intend to be one. However, there is a great danger in APC winning all states or even most. The nation would not have any opposition and that's dangerous for democracy.

The Buhari led government is too draconian and dangerous to be trusted with absolute powers. Tinubu's aggressive involvement is not for the interest of common men or the country, he has an interest which would be glaring to us all in few years to come. As for Oshiomole, he is the personification of what a leader must not be. For the record, Nigeria deserves better than Buhari and Atiku combined.

1 Like

Re: March 9: Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Others To Visit Delta Tomorrow by EnaibeSam: 11:00pm On Mar 03, 2019
In Urhobo language: #Oteri for PDP enslavement in Delta state
Re: March 9: Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Others To Visit Delta Tomorrow by VULCAN(m): 11:03pm On Mar 03, 2019
It's so long since I read a write up that was this self contradictory.

You prefer a one party system then tell us that Presidents can't control governors of the same party because of votes.

So it's when there is only one party in Nigeria that a president will be able to sanction a bad governor?

So if there was only one party in Nigeria then Buhari would have sanctioned Ganduje instead of allowing him give him millions of votes.

Bros. Go and sleep. It's obvious that you are tired. We forgive you for the write up.

Ibime:

You are wrong.

Opposition in Nigeria is not based on ideology but on campaigns of calumny which do nothing for democracy.

Most of our problems stem from our Governors. The likes of Yahaya Bello, Rochas and Fayose ran their states into the ground.

The Presidency was.powerless to go after them because their ability to deliver their state was needed from the next election.

Cast your mind back to how OBJ dealt with Fayose, Alamaesiagha and other errant Governors. He could do that because there was no external threat from another party.

Nigeria has been sitting on a.precipe where Governors have been steadily running their states into financial delinquency since 2011. They know as long as their party needs them to deliver, they can do what they like. I would urge you to look at the debt profile.of each state since 2011 till now.

http://yourbudgit.com/state-economy/#1

Our politics has become too expensive under 2 party system. Massive bribes and looting of treasury are required to deliver elections where the opposition is formidable. This comes at the expense of development.

Both parties have no.ideology. PDP is no opposition to APC. Nothing differentiates them. The only opposition we truly have (should) come from civil society and the press.
Re: March 9: Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Others To Visit Delta Tomorrow by Maromark(m): 11:04pm On Mar 03, 2019
ClearFlair:

You mean your existence?

You can stay under ur brown roof, and dictate what will happened in my back yard. Orue na
Re: March 9: Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Others To Visit Delta Tomorrow by TheKingIsHere: 11:15pm On Mar 03, 2019
soberdrunk:
I don't envy Okowa, the only way he is winning a 2nd term is if the fathers of his fathers are behind him...... angry

Okowa is foolish.

For 4 years he did nothing in Delta state.

Does he expect the people to now vote for him?

APC is seriously eyeing delta state and if gotten, other SS states will be easy to get
Re: March 9: Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Others To Visit Delta Tomorrow by Chukzy44(m): 11:25pm On Mar 03, 2019
Plus Tinubu.
plus bugarri ...
Plus the whole A. P. C members including
Oloshi-omole and even Satan himself
can never I repeat,can never ever take away
My delta from p. D. P
Even though Deltans are ready for
a change in power
But certainly not A.p.c
May God of heaven's forbid
DELTANS ARE P. D. P....
Re: March 9: Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Others To Visit Delta Tomorrow by Ibime(m): 11:36pm On Mar 03, 2019
VULCAN:
It's so long since I read a write up that was this self contradictory.

You prefer a one party system then tell us that Presidents can't control governors of the same party because of votes.

So it's when there is only one party in Nigeria that a president will be able to sanction a bad governor?

So if there was only one party in Nigeria then Buhari would have sanctioned Ganduje instead of allowing him give him millions of votes.

Bros. Go and sleep. It's obvious that you are tired. We forgive you for the write up.

The proof is in the pudding, not all this naive rambling you typed above. OBJ sanctioned Alams, Fayose etc without batting an eyelid cos he knows there is no threat from opposition.

Buhari will.not sanction Ganduje when he needs him to hold off Kwankwaso in Kano. It would be political suicide to do so. That is not to say he would, but the importance of Ganduje to his electoral fortunes immediately took Presidential sanction off the table.

A two party system is supposed to be a battle of ideology. Only a foolish person would think a non-ideological party in opposition is good for Nigeria. Both are just playing a campaign of calumny and ethnic division so they can take control of the national cake. . . . and is very dangerous for Nigeria. True opposition from Civil Society is drowned out. Instead what we have is lies and ethnic politics from PDP masquerading as.opposition. Where opposition in the past was spearheaded by true Patriots in Gani, Soyinka, Fela et al, now National discussion is drowned out by the FFKs, Fayoses, Wendell Simlin and other ingrates. And someone will say such opposition is good for the country. Nonsense.

I believe in benevolent dictatorship or one party state if that is not available, until Nigerians start behaving like reasonable human beings. Money meant for our development is subverted to fight elections. It is no surpise.that almost all of our major infrastructure were built during military regime whether you are.talking of dams, bridges, refineries, airports etc. I would rather have 1000 thieves under military regime than 100,000 thieves under our current democracy. Same reason I rather have one party state than 2 where it becomes more difficult to maintain control on reckless greed. Where Babangida crossed Atlantic with ease for 3rd mainland Bridge, democratic dispensations of the last 20 years cannot even cross the river for 2nd Niger Bridge. That's because we practice democracy of settlement, such than no money is left after everyone is settled. It is the same thinking that makes me prefer one central party. My proof is in the pudding, and may go against the popular rhetoric, but I'm only concerned with results.

1 Like

Re: March 9: Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Others To Visit Delta Tomorrow by Hairyrapunzel: 11:46pm On Mar 03, 2019
Efewestern:

Exactly, Delta Central can easily strike Delta north and balance some votes from Delta south, but with the thousands of votes flying from that axis, it will be difficult for APC to defeat Okowa.

Lol, dude, last election I was like what!, manager pulled 220k votes, from where kwa?, or since when do fishes start voting grin. In a free and fair election, Uduaghan would have won, because votes from the isokos and itsekiri's were in his favor, only for us to start seeing some results from the creek.

The only place uduaghan won was warri south.
Re: March 9: Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Others To Visit Delta Tomorrow by Bbklopsy: 11:51pm On Mar 03, 2019
apc thinks Delta is Nigeria. no fools here
Re: March 9: Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Others To Visit Delta Tomorrow by Hugo7(m): 12:06am On Mar 04, 2019
APC can visit all they want..Delta state is PDP
Re: March 9: Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Others To Visit Delta Tomorrow by wink2015(m): 2:17am On Mar 04, 2019
CollinsWeGlobe:
According to publication by Eseoghene Emuke, Mandy News also confirmed

Ahead of the March 9th governorship election, President Muhammadu Buhari will on Monday (tomorrow) visits Delta State for a townhall meeting with leaders and members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) towards wrestling the state from the control of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

President Buhari, who is expected to be accompanied on the visit by APC National leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Ameachi, APC National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole and other national leaders of the party, will also meet traditional rulers in the state.

The townhall meeting will hold at the Conference Centre of the Petroleum Training Institute (PTI) Effurun, Uvwie Local Government Area of Delta State.

The meeting is expected to begin to at about 10am.

It was learnt President Buhari would also spend part of his time in Delta to resolve the crisis rocking the state chapter of the party and unite the warring factions during the visit.

Buhari is expected to be received by APC governorship candidate, Chief Great Ogboru, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan, Olorogun O’tega Emerhor, Senator Ovie Omo-Agege, Prof. Pat Utomi, Engr. Victor Ochei and other leaders of the party in the state.

The Delta State APC Presidential Campaign’s spokesman, Dr. Cairo Ojougboh, in a message announcing the visit, said Buhari would also meet with candidates of the APC in the February 23rd and March 9th elections in the state.

According to the statement, “This is to inform the general public that the President and Commander in Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, General Muhammadu Buhari, GCON, will visit Delta State for a townhall meeting.

“Those to attend include traditional rulers, opinion leaders, politicians, market men and women, National Assembly members, candidates for the March 9 elections, and stakeholders in the Nigerian and Delta Project.

“President Muhammadu Buhari appreciates Deltans for voting for him in the February 23 Presidential.”

https://mandynews.com/buhari-tinubu-oshiomhole-others-to-visit-delta-tomorrow/

These might be a turning point for Great Ovedje Ogboru who has consistently been failing to win the governorship election for the past years.

Although Ogboru maintained that he had always been rigged out of previous election that he assumed to have been won by him.

I think Delta state is on Oshiomole strategic list.

He wants to capture Delta state and add it to Edo state which is the sole Apc state in the Niger delta region.

Left for President Buhari he would not think of visiting Delta state at least at this early stage but I think he must have been induced and encouraged by Oshiomole.

I think Apc might defeat Pdp in Delta state if they resolve their internal crisis and also President Muhammadu Buhari need to carry federal government development projects to cover the states so that the state will not just be a contributor to the federation account but also a beneficiary.

When Buhari visited Delta state during his last campaign he and his entourage were not stoned or threatened but this happened in Ogun states under the watchful eyes of governor Ibikunle Amosun.

That show that Deltans are peace lover.

For Delta state I think they should change their PDP MENTALITY in which pdp as a political party is not bringing accelerated development to the state but Deltans keep blindly following pdp.

There is nothing as good as a state connecting to the federal centre.

It makes states that are of the same political party with the centre to enjoy the goodwill of the federal centre

Delta states can boost that they have all the crude oil and the big money that comes with it

What do I need the federal centre for?

But Delta state should not forget that it is the blessing and support of the federal government that can bring accelerated development to the state.

Delta state should stop being antagonistic with the federal centre.

The state certainly need a state governor that can network with the federal government.

We have had

Ibori
Uduaghan
Okowa

All of them with the same mentality and pattern of administration.

Lets support Great Ovedje Ogboru to see the difference he will make as a governor.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: March 9: Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Others To Visit Delta Tomorrow by hollywater: 3:14am On Mar 04, 2019
maximunimpact:
Delta State deserves a power shift from PDP to APC. I am from the state and i can tell you that should PDP continue to rule, the state will be under a lot pressure to use half of her resources to fund PDP for the next 4yrs plus the "chop i chop" share the money Delta PDP is known for.

Besides PDP has been rigging since 2003 and for good measure the time is ripe for them to have a taste of their own medicine!

#Oteri
#Ozugo
#Oteno
Angel Buhari can visit Obi of the whole Delta,Ogboru will end up losing as usual. He is a costumer.
Re: March 9: Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Others To Visit Delta Tomorrow by Oricha79(m): 4:01am On Mar 04, 2019
S/south leaders are nothing but a group of looters, Delta State is reacher than katsina state but in terms of infrastructure development katsina is far ahead. Okowa no dey try at all.

1 Like

Re: March 9: Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Others To Visit Delta Tomorrow by ogbonti: 5:14am On Mar 04, 2019
Hidentity:
I am not a politician and I don't intend to be one. However, there is a great danger in APC winning all states or even most. The nation would not have any opposition and that's dangerous for democracy.

The Buhari led government is too draconian and dangerous to be trusted with absolute powers. Tinubu's aggressive involvement is not for the interest of common men or the country, he has an interest which would be glaring to us all in few years to come. As for Oshiomole, he is the personification of what a leader must not be. For the record, Nigeria deserves better than Buhari and Atiku combined.

Brilliant!

1 Like

Re: March 9: Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Others To Visit Delta Tomorrow by Odioko1(m): 5:17am On Mar 04, 2019
Useless PDP. Just take a look at Delta State. PDP kill the state. God forbid, not this time. Power most change. By fire by force.
Re: March 9: Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Others To Visit Delta Tomorrow by viralinfo: 6:03am On Mar 04, 2019
hmmmm
Re: March 9: Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Others To Visit Delta Tomorrow by Amumaigwe: 6:35am On Mar 04, 2019
soberdrunk:
I don't envy Okowa, the only way he is winning a 2nd term is if the fathers of his fathers are behind him...... angry

This move is dead on arrival. We don't play godfather politics in SE/SS. The voters' minds are already made up. Let the godfathers face West.
Re: March 9: Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Others To Visit Delta Tomorrow by Amumaigwe: 6:52am On Mar 04, 2019
Ganjafama:
Honestly speaking, I don't see any correlation between your post and the topic on hand.

Those guys are becoming paranoid over Lagos.
Re: March 9: Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Others To Visit Delta Tomorrow by Okiemuteomos(m): 7:09am On Mar 04, 2019
ceejayMAX:
HE WAN CUM CONSOLE OGBURU IN ADVANCE
less monitor this comment we see if you say the truth after on the 9th if ogboru win or PDP losse
Re: March 9: Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Others To Visit Delta Tomorrow by Blazebond(m): 7:13am On Mar 04, 2019
Hahaha,make him come with Nigerian army sef,delta go still vote PDP.
Re: March 9: Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Others To Visit Delta Tomorrow by Hidentity(m): 7:47am On Mar 04, 2019
Ibime:

You are wrong.

Opposition in Nigeria is not based on ideology but on campaigns of calumny which do nothing for democracy.

Most of our problems stem from our Governors. The likes of Yahaya Bello, Rochas and Fayose ran their states into the ground.

The Presidency was.powerless to go after them because their ability to deliver their state was needed from the next election.

Cast your mind back to how OBJ dealt with Fayose, Alamaesiagha and other errant Governors. He could do that because there was no external threat from another party.

Nigeria has been sitting on a.precipe where Governors have been steadily running their states into financial delinquency since 2011. They know as long as their party needs them to deliver, they can do what they like. I would urge you to look at the debt profile.of each state since 2011 till now.

http://yourbudgit.com/state-economy/#1

Our politics has become too expensive under 2 party system. Massive bribes and looting of treasury are required to deliver elections where the opposition is formidable. This comes at the expense of development.

Both parties have no.ideology. PDP is no opposition to APC. Nothing differentiates them. The only opposition we truly have (should) come from civil society and the press.

I am wrong, but you're right? In matters of opinion, you don't issue a rebuttal by saying someone is wrong and then attempting to shove your opinion down their throat. How to you sit down, consider someone's opinion (perception) as wrong and then proffer your idea of what is right? This is not mathematics of 2+2 equals 4 which is cast in stone. Even that changes sometimes. State your opinion based on your experience, information available to you and sentiment, but to assume the role of a superior opinion holder is laughable. Thanks
Re: March 9: Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Others To Visit Delta Tomorrow by bigfish3k: 10:35am On Mar 04, 2019
Kagawa10:

Is the federal government not getting revenue from Lagos seaport which was built before the Amalgamation of Nigeria? Abi you dey mad?

Ondo has oil in abundance also. So stop your nonsense about SS oil developing lagos.

whats the ondo percentage? oil in ondo that can hardly develop only ondo state

ondo has oil, how many cups of oil, its not substantial enough to hold the unity and economy of nigeria the way SS oil is binding nigeria together
why are your people so many in PH and not ondo working in oil companies
if not for SS oil nigeria would have divided

SS oil is the binding force, SS oil is nigerias unity
SS oil developed lagos

sea port?? does the SS not have sea port
Re: March 9: Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Others To Visit Delta Tomorrow by Iriruaga100(m): 10:45am On Mar 04, 2019
The way APC won in core northern states that is how PDP is going to win in riverine communities.
APC won just two LGA, one senatorial n house of rep seat. That's very poor for a party that want to win the governorship election. Now let's be realistic, Delta north will vote massively for okowa, Delta south, the ijaws will never vote ogboru because the deputy governor is their brother, hence bomadi, patani, bututu n some part of warri south west will vote for PDP. Warri north will vote for okowa because almost all the top politicians from itsekiri are in PDP, infact uduaghan lost in this lga. Warri south is a neutral ground any party can carry the day. For isoko north n south okowa is going to win there. Let's come to Delta central the stronghold of APC, from the presidential n NASS election igbuya lost to efe afea of PDP while aghoda lost to Ben igbakpa of PDP, ethiope west n sapele will not vote ogboru because the two above candidate lost to PDP. Okpe is a strong hold of PDP because of the speaker of the house of assembly. APC will be left with ethiope east, ughelli north n south.
Ogboru can't carry the day with a divided delta central.
Re: March 9: Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Others To Visit Delta Tomorrow by Kagawa10: 10:47am On Mar 04, 2019
bigfish3k:

whats the ondo percentage? oil in ondo that can hardly develop only ondo state

ondo has oil, how many cups of oil, its not substantial enough to hold the unity and economy of nigeria the way SS oil is binding nigeria together
why are your people so many in PH and not ondo working in oil companies
if not for SS oil nigeria would have divided

SS oil is the binding force, SS oil is nigerias unity
SS oil developed lagos

sea port?? does the SS not have sea port

Oil in Ondo state supercede the sum total of Oil in the SE. The agbami offshore oil is in the sea between the Ilaje and itsekiri region yet you dare open your mouth to spew rubbish? Akwaibom has the largest crude oil but how many oil companies are in the state? Yeye

Don't forget to note that the FG gets substantial revenue from Lagos seaport which was built before the Amalgamation of Nigeria.
Re: March 9: Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Others To Visit Delta Tomorrow by bigfish3k: 11:04am On Mar 04, 2019
Kagawa10:

Oil in Ondo state supercede the sum total of Oil in the SE. The agbami offshore oil is in the sea between the Ilaje and itsekiri region yet you dare open your mouth to spew rubbish? Akwaibom has the largest crude oil but how many oil companies are in the state? Yeye

Don't forget to note that the FG gets substantial revenue from Lagos seaport which was built before the Amalgamation of Nigeria.

oil in ondo, the question i ask is... can the oil in ondo develop ondo state?
if ur sea port can sustain u
why are u always scared of SS/SE seceding . u will always fight to death to keep them
without igbos contributing to lagos economy, lagos would have had the status of ondo state
akwa ibom that u mentioned is still in SS.
oil is nigerias unity. period
Re: March 9: Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Others To Visit Delta Tomorrow by Kagawa10: 11:16am On Mar 04, 2019
bigfish3k:

oil in ondo, the question i ask is... can the oil in ondo develop ondo state?
if ur sea port can sustain u
why are u always scared of SS/SE seceding . u will always fight to death to keep them
without igbos contributing to lagos economy, lagos would have had the status of ondo state
akwa ibom that u mentioned is still in SS.
oil is nigerias unity. period

Who's scared of anyone seceding? Wake me up When the likes of Ekweremadu, your other SE senators and house of representatives pass the secession bill. Yeye dey smell.

Yoruba are the only tribe who can stand on her own if Nigeria breaks today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ayo Adebanjo: Like Abacha, God Will Deliver Nigerians From Buhari / Deputies Lose Out As Governors Anoint Other Aspirants As Successors / "How We Stopped Buhari From Coming To Enugu" – IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.