Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,961 members, 7,814,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos (46565 Views)

I Am Confused As A Father And As Husband / 15-year Old Marriage Collapses As Husband & Wife Engage In Alleged Adultery / Woman Cries As Husband Surprises Her On Her Birthday With IPhone, Money In Cake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos by labani06(m): 3:16pm On Mar 05, 2019
export them back to Nigeria and let them join us in enjoying this Buhari tenure
Re: Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos by Yankee101: 3:21pm On Mar 05, 2019
E record am for police
Re: Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos by Sprumbaba: 3:57pm On Mar 05, 2019
donstan18:

Filming what exactly? Is he a movie director?

And what happens when one of them gets injured or die in the heat of the fight the argument might result to?

For not putting her disrespectful wife in her place, he is foooooooooolish! Very foooolish!

The filming is actually the best option. That will make her go to jail if it is on camera she hit the old woman.

By the way, In the era of #METOO movement by Women and some feminists, when you are abroad and you are having argument with a lady, you better start recording before they claim you do what you did not do.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos by ImaIma1(f): 4:01pm On Mar 05, 2019
gabbytabby:
Ladies it's never okay to get into a war of words with your mother or mother in law just walk away or your silence is golden.

Nigerian mother's and mother in law's can be over bearing. They are meant to be guest in your home but want to come in and run it. They want to dictate what you eat, discourage your husband from helping, what your standard of housekeeping should be sometimes even without lifting a finger to help despite knowing how rushed off your feet you are.

Some say they are coming for omugo but only add to your stress. We really need to be honest with ourselves for peaceful coexistence. Otherwise the she who can never do wrong might have to stay in her palace.

Owo lafin wewo. Life is give and take.

You are so right. A wife and MIL should learn to live in peace for the sake of the man they love. The mother in-law should realize that it is not her house and is only a guest there. The DIL should accommodate her knowing that she is not staying forever.

The problem would be with the MILs that try to create issues between the couple... giving the wife problems and pretending when her son is around.

My cousin's MIL did something like that. She would go to her son and tell him something and go to her DIL and tell her another thing. When they confronted her, she was mute.

There is no competition. Wife and mother are different roles. A pastor once said that it is a woman that doesn't have a good relationship with her husband that will keep disturbing her son and his wife in their house.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos by ImaIma1(f): 4:09pm On Mar 05, 2019
Offpoint1:
That's why your wife should always remain in Nigeria, the lack respect once they left the shore.

That is why the guy should just marry his mother and let everybody rest.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos by GraGra247(m): 4:19pm On Mar 05, 2019
seunfly:
This is so common among most Nigerian women, they sheild their mum from her evil ways and makes mountain out of molehill from her mother in law, my elder brother's evil wife go little further by lying to her super emotional but senseless brother about our mother
Yet she protect her own evil mother.
I just wonder what those

My brother the thing tire me. I've seen countless examples in real life that I've lost count.

They can endure mountain size major flaw in their own biological mom but they can't stand a tiny size flaw in their mother in law.
Re: Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos by Mizwisdom(f): 4:20pm On Mar 05, 2019
The mother in law thought she's in Nigeria grin grin you never c anything

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos by Dchair2: 4:26pm On Mar 05, 2019
Joromi12:
Why do whites abroad not have this issue Cos everyone minds their businesses and lives their lives. Nigeria mother in law sometimes are a nuisance. Stay in ur lanes abeg
one mumu spotted
Re: Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos by Dchair2: 4:29pm On Mar 05, 2019
egojeny1:

Go and sit down jare
you sef keep standing o!
Re: Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos by astrodome: 4:51pm On Mar 05, 2019
Not surprised its ngb-ati, ngb-ati people. Useless
Re: Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos by astrodome: 4:53pm On Mar 05, 2019
EVILFOREST:
99% Sure that they Must have hailed from my TRIBE

They are afonjas
Re: Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos by dochenaj: 4:58pm On Mar 05, 2019
hahn:

Do you really think that is the first time she is doing something like that? He is probably filming to have proof of her behaviour
Why did the video make it to the internet? Proof for who? For the world to see how uncultured your wife is? And how you're not able to rein in your wife, who should listen to you?

The man is an embarrassment.
Re: Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos by hahn(m): 5:47pm On Mar 05, 2019
dochenaj:

Why did the video make it to the internet? Proof for who? For the world to see how uncultured your wife is? And how you're not able to rein in your wife, who should listen to you?

The man is an embarrassment.

Bro you won't understand until you've lived with a woman. Women can be sweet and cute until after they get married and start acting up especially Nigerian women whose husbands take them abroad.

Since they are abroad he can't hit her or kick her out of the house without facing repercussions.

We don't know the full details but I can guarantee you that living with and marrying a woman is not as easy as it seems.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos by Foodforthought: 5:48pm On Mar 05, 2019
ImaIma1:

The fact that I leave my parents to stay with him and become his wife already means I have done that. I take care of him more than I do my parents. Though they are late now.

Marriage is bigger than just putting a woman in your house. It is the joining of two hearts. You have become one and are now each other's first concern and responsibility
About the parents, I'm sorry.
I'm talking about a situation where there's trouble between a wife and a mother In-law. It's never easy for a man to take sides. Quite frankly he shouldn't really unless he has no choice.
But on no account should a woman, no matter the grievance, trade insults with or confront her husband's mother. It doesn't speak well of you as a wife. Let the husband handle it. If you feel he's not handling it well, let him know your stand. A wife has a way to her husband's heart and can reach areas a mother won't. I have seen women who used their husband to subdue a troublesome mother In-law....without fighting. Don't confront or insulting his parents, same goes for a husband as well.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos by ImaIma1(f): 6:17pm On Mar 05, 2019
Foodforthought:

About the parents, I'm sorry.
I'm talking about a situation where there's trouble between a wife and a mother In-law. It's never easy for a man to take sides. Quite frankly he shouldn't really unless he has no choice.
But on no account should a woman, no matter the grievance, trade insults with or confront her husband's mother. It doesn't speak well of you as a wife. Let the husband handle it. If you feel he's not handling it well, let him know your stand. A wife has a way to her husband's heart and can reach areas a mother won't. I have seen women who used their husband to subdue a troublesome mother In-law....without fighting. Don't confront or insulting his parents, same goes for a husband as well.

Spoken with wisdom.

I don't think any woman should hurl insults at her MIL. She should let her husband handle it. It even puts the husband in a difficult position.

I had an issue with my MIL when she came around. She did something that brought tears to my eyes. I was really pained. My husband wanted to confront her about it because he saw that she was wrong. But I told him to let it go.

If MILs could treat their DILs as their daughters and not try to compete, marriages would be better. And the DIL too has to be accomodating.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos by mofedamijo(m): 6:19pm On Mar 05, 2019
donstan18:
That man is a disgrace to his mother and to men out there.

Believe me, the disrespectful wife insulted her mother-inlaw because she knows how foolish her husband is.

And yes, the husband proved his foolishness by recording and filming them instead of cautioning his wife.
My brother i want to beg in Jesus name, if you ever find your wife fighting your mother in the U.S, NEVER EVER TOUCH YOUR WIFE, MAKE SURE YOU RECORD THE SCENE BEFORE YOU SEPERATE, THE WIFE MIGHT HAVE BEEN LYING TO PEOPLE, YOU NEED PROOFS, BEAT HER AND YOU GO TO JAIL, WOMEN ARE NO JOKE IN THE U.S, PLEASE DON'T TOUCH YOUR WIFE, I BET YOU WITH THAT VIDEO, THE WIFE WILL BE IN TROUBLE IF SHE BEATS THAT OLD WOMAN....SECONDLY, THE GUY MIGHT HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A WAY TO DIVORCE THE STUBBORN WIFE JEJELY WITHOUT PAYING ALIMONY AND ALL THAT SHIT, IF THE WIFE BEAT MAMA, NA JAIL, THEN THE NIGGA CAN EASILY MOVE ON WITH HIS LIFE, BE SMART MA NIQQA, NO BE EVERYTHING BE GRAGRA, ESPECIALLY IN A PLACE LIKE U.S

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos by OnyesomJ(m): 6:23pm On Mar 05, 2019
Wasted Sperm,
Monkey Better Pass This Obolo!!
Re: Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos by Maxi3k(m): 6:29pm On Mar 05, 2019
I love drama
Re: Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos by ndindiatu: 6:44pm On Mar 05, 2019
Are u sure they in abroad.? The house so messy. Please Africans in abroad is not to snap and show ur selves for people to see and know u are doing well in abroad. Bikonu show neatness and class. Buy fine furnitures etc. Na wah Oh . I wan commit sef
Re: Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos by Foodforthought: 6:56pm On Mar 05, 2019
ImaIma1:

Spoken with wisdom.

I don't think any woman should hurl insults at her MIL. She should let her husband handle it. It even puts the husband in a difficult position.

I had an issue with my MIL when she came around. She did something that brought tears to my eyes. I was really pained. My husband wanted to confront her about it because he saw that she was wrong. But I told him to let it go.

If MILs could treat their DILs as their daughters and not try to compete, marriages would be better. And the DIL too has to be accomodating.

Exactly
Re: Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos by frozen70(f): 7:56pm On Mar 05, 2019
candlewax:
The husband should send the mother back to Nigeria asap.... I'm not there but I know the mother is the cause otherwise it would have been the couple fighting

I get headache o grin

My dear, decisions are not taken that way.

A man can not send his mum packing out from his home

It's a taboo and and not justifiable

I blame the man for not being able to handle this issue until it gets out of hand

A man will aways find himself in between these two people and he must be able to play his game well

Women are very manipulative so he has to find a way to handle the both of them

It's even easier for him to control or talk sense to his mother than his wife

But he became tired of their constant quarell and lost it out

Now by the time his mother travels back to wherever she comes from, his wife will set a fire that will burn only him at home

That woman came for a visit and she doesn't deserve such treatment from her daughter in law

Even if she never wanted her son to marry her, for the fact that her son went ahead and she becomes his wife, the daughter in law should have known that she is already in the marriage

Well she is a woman and if such happens to her she will understand the pains better
Re: Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos by Daisy17: 8:14pm On Mar 05, 2019
Randy100:
I can never support my wife, even if my mother is wrong. My wife has no right to raise her voice against my mother cos I can't even do that. Last last my mother won't be wrong.

Please stay single

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos by dochenaj: 8:38pm On Mar 05, 2019
hahn:

Bro you won't understand until you've lived with a woman. Women can be sweet and cute until after they get married and start acting up especially Nigerian women whose husbands take them abroad.

Since they are abroad he can't hit her or kick her out of the house without facing repercussions.

We don't know the full details but I can guarantee you that living with and marrying a woman is not as easy as it seems.
I do know, some wives can be intolerable. That is not my point, my issue is with the man who chose to wash his dirty linens outside by not only filming the encounter but also publishing it on the internet.

And let me also state this, the man who marries a contentious woman should share some blame in her recalcitrant behavior.
Re: Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos by hahn(m): 10:22pm On Mar 05, 2019
dochenaj:

I do know, some wives can be intolerable. That is not my point, my issue is with the man who chose to wash his dirty linens outside by not only filming the encounter but also publishing it on the internet.

No one knows how far he has been pushed

And let me also state this, the man who marries a contentious woman should share some blame in her recalcitrant behavior.

How and why?
Re: Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos by GoodFaith: 10:52pm On Mar 05, 2019
Sad

Hopefully she will have her own kids
and because mother in law some day
What goes around
comes around
Re: Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos by dochenaj: 12:29am On Mar 06, 2019
hahn:

How and why?
Marriage is like being part of a team and interestingly since we are Africans we largely maintain the traditionalist view where the team leader is the man. If you can agree to that analogy then you would know that a team leader should be able to have the respect and admiration of his team members and any team lead that doesn't has failed.

And that is why I opine that the man who cannot earn and maintain the respect of the wife and kids is a failure.

Let me assume my mother infuriates my wife and she is at the very brink of boiling over, all I will say is "Babe, I understand that you're upset and do have a right to be, but it is okay" and I'm certain she will just let it slide because she respects me.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos by bukatyne(f): 8:46am On Mar 06, 2019
Foodforthought:
May there never come a day I put my wife above my mother. I don't even want to know what happened, but one of those 2 women gave birth to the man in question.

Don't bother getting married.

Same with @Randy100.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos by bukatyne(f): 8:48am On Mar 06, 2019
serikigoro:

Is like a lot of the people commenting here don't know how it works in the abroad! The man DARES not touch the lady let alone restrain her. Why do you think Nigerian ladies like to relocate and live abroad. There is ABSOLUTELY nothing the man can do than to record it probable as evidence for the police. Nigerian women oppress their Husbands abroad like no man's business. They abuse their husbands, treat them like thrash and you cannot throw them out , it is too costly! So just like men are KINGS in Nigeria , Women Are QUEENS in western countries. My advice to you young man , if you cannot bear the insults and oppression from your wife please dont live in the abroad! simple!

What country as a semblance of balance?
Re: Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos by bukatyne(f): 8:54am On Mar 06, 2019
Leebeedo:
This is one of the reasons y I'm marrying "late" in life. I was scared of marriage because of the mentality of the so called "modern" ladies and their attitude of wanting to possess their spouse 100% not minding how his family struggled to raise him.

As for those that probably want to push the "hear from both sides before placing judgement " to my face, I've got news for you, I don't bleeping care what the mother-in-law did. Will the lady talk to her mother in such a manner ?

In the USA, many Nigerian women treat their spouse like this just to collect their house.I'll burn that house down before you'll steal it from me oh, believe me.

Since what goes around comes around, her daughter-in-law with treat her same way....stuupid bitch !

And the girl's family did not struggle to raise her abi?

It is funny that all these 'my mum first' breeds next generation of MILs who think their DILs is stealing her 'love' away from her.

The person designated to put a woman first, love her and treat her like a queen is her husband. If she misses that window and tries to get it from her son, she will only cause problems in his home.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos by bukatyne(f): 8:59am On Mar 06, 2019
ImaIma1:

You are so right. A wife and MIL should learn to live in peace for the sake of the man they love. The mother in-law should realize that it is not her house and is only a guest there. The DIL should accommodate her knowing that she is not staying forever.

The problem would be with the MILs that try to create issues between the couple... giving the wife problems and pretending when her son is around.

My cousin's MIL did something like that. She would go to her son and tell him something and go to her DIL and tell her another thing. When they confronted her, she was mute.

There is no competition. Wife and mother are different roles. A pastor once said that it is a woman that doesn't have a good relationship with her husband that will keep disturbing her son and his wife in their house.

Words on marble.

When I see guys here say their mother come first, it just tells me the mother in a terrible marriage/ endured one.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos by bukatyne(f): 9:01am On Mar 06, 2019
GraGra247:

My brother the thing tire me. I've seen countless examples in real life that I've lost count.

They can endure mountain size major flaw in their own biological mom but they can't stand a tiny size flaw in their mother in law.

And this is unique to wives?

Mothers don't view their daughters as princesses and think their DILs are untrained?

Come off it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos by hahn(m): 9:10am On Mar 06, 2019
dochenaj:

Marriage is like being part of a team and interestingly since we are Africans we largely maintain the traditionalist view where the team leader is the man. If you can agree to that analogy then you would know that a team leader should be able to have the respect and admiration of his team members and any team lead that doesn't has failed.

And that is why I opine that the man who cannot earn and maintain the respect of the wife and kids is a failure.

Let me assume my mother infuriates my wife and she is at the very brink of boiling over, all I will say is "Lib, I understand that you're upset and do have a right to be, but it is okay" and I'm certain she will just let it slide because she respects me.

Using your analogy of being in a team I will point out that a team leader cannot always control the actions of his team member.

If you have an understanding wife then it's cool. How about if you have a wife that gets more and more agitated when you try to caution her. Of course in the beginning she might be respectful but later she starts questioning your authority and such.

In relationships we deal with other humans and unless a human wants to change there is really nothing you can do about it.

You said you are certain your wife will yield but what if she doesn't? Will you beat her? Will you kick her out of your house.

What if you lose your source of income and your sweet wife suddenly becomes controlling because she is now bringing bread to the table? What will you do then?

Remember that the guy in the op and his wide are abroad and not in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do You Have This In Your Bathroom? / I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her / My Wife Says She Is Not Sexually Attracted To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.