Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

APC Re-adjusts Plan To Unleash Buhari Charm On 5 PDP States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Re-adjusts Plan To Unleash Buhari Charm On 5 PDP States (31954 Views)

Pictures From The Meeting Of PDP Leaders From Non-PDP States / Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States / APC Members Are Being Harassed, Killed In PDP States - Oshiomhole Alleges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Re-adjusts Plan To Unleash Buhari Charm On 5 PDP States by Islie: 9:18am On Mar 05, 2019
Plan to visit Delta, A-Ibom, Imo, Sokoto, Kwara, Taraba cancelled President should not misuse his office —PDP

By Emmanuel Aziken, Johnbosco Agbarakwu & Jimitota Onoyume

All Progressives Congress, APC, may have readjusted its plans to unleash President Muhammadu Buhari’s victory charm on five states it regards as strongholds of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, ahead of this weekend’s governorship and state Assembly polls.

Plans by the President to visit the five states, including Delta, Akwa Ibom, Sokoto, Kwara and Taraba, Vanguard learned, have been cancelled. Another state that had been included in the campaign itinerary of the President was Imo State.

Though controlled by APC, the party is under stress in the state on account of multiple crises among tendencies in the state chapter and the face-off between the governor and National Working Committee, NWC, of the party. Instead of the President, Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo was on call in Delta and Akwa Ibom states, two states the APC is battling to pave the way for it into the heart of Niger Delta.

Further uncertainty about the Presidency’s plans surfaced, yesterday, as it was learned that tomorrow’s planned visits to three PDP-controlled northern states of Kwara, Sokoto and Taraba had been cancelled. APC A similar visit to Imo State earlier scheduled for yesterday, according to Presidency sources, was cancelled at the last minute.

It could not be confirmed at press time why the visits to the five states were cancelled. A senior official of APC contacted on the development feigned ignorance of the reasons for the cancellation. Presidency officials also did not respond to phone calls and text messages sent to them at press time.

Kwara and Sokoto states had been particularly on the radar of the APC, ahead of the presidential elections. The President won the two states albeit marginally, despite having PDP governors who recently defected from APC to the opposition party. His visit was expected to give further impetus to the plans to upend the political control of the two states.

However, the cancellation of the visit to Imo State was, yesterday, being framed on the need to avoid the Ogun scenario. Vanguard, however, gathered that plans for the president to bolster APC in Kaduna State on Thursday is expected to go ahead.

Osinbajo meet stakeholders in Delta, Akwa Ibom

Yesterday, Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo took the president’s place in strategic meetings with chieftains of the party in Delta and Akwa Ibom states. A source present at the meeting noted that the vice-president also promised to look into complaints that officials of Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, compromised.

The source said: “He asked us to close ranks ahead of the governorship election and heard our complaints about lack of security during the presidential election that facilitated the violence and intimidation that characterised the presidential election. ‘’The vice-president also promised to expedite work on the railway project, East-West Road and the dredging of the Warri Port.”

President should not misuse his office — PDP

Ahead of the visit, Delta State chapter of PDP has, however, cautioned the president not to misuse his office for illicit political ends.

The state Publicity Secretary of the party, Dr. Ifeanyi Osuoza, in a statement, said the visit was in bad taste, wondering why the president chose to visit only Warri. The party also advised the president not to abuse his office, adding that he should not attempt to manipulate the electoral process of March 9 with the visit. According to the statement, “we urge the President not to get involved in sinister contrivances by working to use his office as President, to scheme and manipulate the electoral process.

“We say this because of the March 9, 2019 governorship and state House of Assembly elections, as we have it on good authority that Buhari’s trip is not altruistic, and has nothing to do with the good and progress of Delta State.

“It is, indeed, a thing of shame that President Buhari will ignore other very important and urgent state matters to come to Warri to be at the head of a despicable scheme to manipulate and swing votes in favour of the unpopular APC and its candidates.”

The vice-president was at press time expected in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State capital. “We condemn the president’s insensitivity to the sensibilities of the people of Delta State who have taken PDP as their party.

‘’We also decry the shameful, slimy drive of Buhari and his detestable mission to use the power of State to secretly get the various agencies of the Federal Government, namely, the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, the police, the military and other security agencies to intimidate and harass PDP supporters, voters and subvert their democratic will and foist on the State an unpopular APC and its candidate.”

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/03/apc-re-adjusts-plan-to-unleash-buhari-charm-on-5-pdp-states/

3 Likes

Re: APC Re-adjusts Plan To Unleash Buhari Charm On 5 PDP States by Cyclops10: 9:24am On Mar 05, 2019
Let him do the campaign for failing governors but allow Inec to conduct a free and fair exercise

Check my signature to take this phone at a giveaway price

1 Like

Re: APC Re-adjusts Plan To Unleash Buhari Charm On 5 PDP States by hypertension(m): 9:25am On Mar 05, 2019
My state is Just laughing APC. we will retire Ogboru on saturday. He thinks we play tribal politics.

Delta is PDP. Its our culture here.

117 Likes 6 Shares

Re: APC Re-adjusts Plan To Unleash Buhari Charm On 5 PDP States by DigitalGenius: 9:35am On Mar 05, 2019
Didn't need to read this to know Buhari would cow out. Non of this states apart from Northern ones he can dare win... Rigging or no rigging. So, it's best he relax and work towards improving this great country Nigeria.

Do you need a Professional, Creative, Clean, Powerful, Modern and Attractive website Designed within time and budget?

Do you want to optimize, redesign or fix any bug on your already existing website? Then your search ends here.

With my services, you will be able to operate a professional Web site that offers you everything you need for the growth of your brand and the success of your business.

Call me now or send me a message and let's make great things happen!

PHONE & WhatsAPP no - 08109060566

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Re-adjusts Plan To Unleash Buhari Charm On 5 PDP States by anambraamaka: 9:35am On Mar 05, 2019
Ok
Re: APC Re-adjusts Plan To Unleash Buhari Charm On 5 PDP States by Nobody: 9:36am On Mar 05, 2019
Wen they mean charm it means he wants to woo the Northern pple in the state to vote APC.

Na joke o

4 Likes

Re: APC Re-adjusts Plan To Unleash Buhari Charm On 5 PDP States by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 9:36am On Mar 05, 2019
APC is rubb1sh

9 Likes

Re: APC Re-adjusts Plan To Unleash Buhari Charm On 5 PDP States by Nobody: 9:36am On Mar 05, 2019
we already know the plans

3 Likes

Re: APC Re-adjusts Plan To Unleash Buhari Charm On 5 PDP States by naijaguy1234(m): 9:37am On Mar 05, 2019
We are atikulated, we are obidiently atikulating. Back to daura 2019, he is the lifeless one. My pvc is my power , APC will be wiped off after election, Atiku will win all south south, south west and all the north !

Where are all those idiots now ? Answer me if you are here

24 Likes

Re: APC Re-adjusts Plan To Unleash Buhari Charm On 5 PDP States by bhella10: 9:37am On Mar 05, 2019
Time to join the winning team. You are all welcome to our state

3 Likes

Re: APC Re-adjusts Plan To Unleash Buhari Charm On 5 PDP States by focus7: 9:37am On Mar 05, 2019
APC planning strategizing to take more territory, pdp still brooding and mourning over lost of election.

4 Likes

Re: APC Re-adjusts Plan To Unleash Buhari Charm On 5 PDP States by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 05, 2019
hypertension:
My state is Just laughing APC. we will retire Ogboru on saturday. He thinks we play tribal politics.

if atiku wins this court case then bye bye to APC in Edo state.

70℅ of our monthly money goes to oshiomeole

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Re-adjusts Plan To Unleash Buhari Charm On 5 PDP States by hisexcellency34: 9:37am On Mar 05, 2019
Don't bring your craze to Delta. Only Ibori, the Odidigborigbo we know. We are proud of his rotational policy which has ensured equity in the three senatorial districts

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Re-adjusts Plan To Unleash Buhari Charm On 5 PDP States by Bruno531(m): 9:37am On Mar 05, 2019
PDP we know in south south.. Federal might will not work there

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Re-adjusts Plan To Unleash Buhari Charm On 5 PDP States by Alighoda2(m): 9:38am On Mar 05, 2019
Am from Delta, though Okowa is not doing very well, but we don't want ogboru,because that guy is going to play Buhari role in Delta state

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Re-adjusts Plan To Unleash Buhari Charm On 5 PDP States by jk200: 9:38am On Mar 05, 2019
remove all the southern states from ur list including Taraba state

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Re-adjusts Plan To Unleash Buhari Charm On 5 PDP States by kelvin254: 9:39am On Mar 05, 2019
this is good

1 Like

Re: APC Re-adjusts Plan To Unleash Buhari Charm On 5 PDP States by Nobody: 9:40am On Mar 05, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Don't bring your craze to Delta. Only Ibori, the Odidigborigbo we know. We are proud of his rotational policy which has ensured equity in the three senatorial districts

asin eh
I taya for some people
I dy school for abk but ppl dy talk say make we vote for Ogboru
nai I tell am say urhobo neva rule b4 grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Re-adjusts Plan To Unleash Buhari Charm On 5 PDP States by bishopkay: 9:40am On Mar 05, 2019
hypertension:

U and who? I state categorically here I Am very anti buhari...matter of fact the fool is walking around with a stolen mandate but for the governorship elections in delta state I want Ogboru to win. Successive PDP governors have brought that state nothing but pains and ridicule especially the pig called uduaghan then this horse toothed bastard called okowa. The pig won't even pay up salaries promptly till it's election period. If Deltan let their self fall for the okowa smart scam, they would have only themselves to blame! Fvck okowa and on Saturday I hope he loses and dies

8 Likes

Re: APC Re-adjusts Plan To Unleash Buhari Charm On 5 PDP States by guywitzerogal(m): 9:40am On Mar 05, 2019
Nairaland is the biggest false news carrier in Nigeria I wish Seun can verify some news b4 bringing it to FP

2 Likes

Re: APC Re-adjusts Plan To Unleash Buhari Charm On 5 PDP States by bigpicture001: 9:41am On Mar 05, 2019
.....now i understand what saraki is trying to prevent...a one party state..

APC re-organised the election time table so dat d president is first put in place, den uses presidential power nd state institutiins to bully states into converting to APC....

I dont blame Nigerian leaders, i blame the followers for ALWAYS taking shit!....

No protest at all...nigerians are slaves!!!!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Re-adjusts Plan To Unleash Buhari Charm On 5 PDP States by bejeria101(m): 9:43am On Mar 05, 2019
Next level Riggers
Re: APC Re-adjusts Plan To Unleash Buhari Charm On 5 PDP States by Koralords: 9:43am On Mar 05, 2019
So you expect Buhari to travel to 5 states after all the stress of the election ,someone that's using reserved energy ,I bet my balls that e does not bleep Aisha again

2 Likes

Re: APC Re-adjusts Plan To Unleash Buhari Charm On 5 PDP States by bishopkay: 9:44am On Mar 05, 2019
bigpicture001:
.....now i understand what saraki is trying to prevent...a one party state..

APC re-organised the election time table so dat d president is first put in place, den uses presidential power nd state institutiins to bully states into converting to APC....

I dont blame Nigerian leaders, i blame the followers for ALWAYS taking shit!....

No protest at all...nigerians are slaves!!!!!

Baba this country don cast ooo nothing fit ever make am good. If you have your way, run Bro and don't look back!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Clergymen, Bishops At Shettima’s Unveiling Not Fake:Tinubu Campaign Organisation / Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) / Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.