Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) (31958 Views)

Port Harcourt International Airport Remodelling 90% Complete(pictures) / What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project / Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Boyoorisha: 1:34pm On Jun 05, 2012
One of the several light rail stations being built a by CECC for Lagos state is complete

1 Like

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by nateevs(m): 1:37pm On Jun 05, 2012
Wow! Amazing stuff. I particularly love the external cladding employed.
It's easier and cheaper to maintain in the long run and it gives it the sparkling, shiny look.

I hope it also well illuminated at nights.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Arosa(m): 1:52pm On Jun 05, 2012
I don't like the design, it doesn't look structurally sound. undecided

1 Like

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by nateevs(m): 1:58pm On Jun 05, 2012
Arosa: I don't like the design, it doesn't look structurally sound. undecided

And you determine "structural soundness" by looking at a picture online with the building at least 50 yards from the camera?
How do people come up with such stuff?

4 Likes

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Arosa(m): 2:05pm On Jun 05, 2012
nateevs:

And you determine "structural soundness" by looking at a picture online with the building at least 50 yards from the camera?
How do people come up with such stuff?

Are you an architect?

1 Like

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by nateevs(m): 2:06pm On Jun 05, 2012
Arosa:

Are you an architect?

No!
Are you?
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Arosa(m): 2:11pm On Jun 05, 2012
nateevs:

No!
Are you?

I did it for just one semester, but my sister is one.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by CyberG: 2:15pm On Jun 05, 2012
This cannot be true! You mean a Rail station was started and completed by a state government while the federal government taking the most money and lead by the crying, clueless, dull-brain Daftluck Jonsatan is yet to achieve anything except BH, corruption, subsidy probes, renaming institutions built by the labour of others while it has not fulfilled its many useless promises?

4 Likes

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by nateevs(m): 2:15pm On Jun 05, 2012
Arosa:

I did it for just one semester, but my sister is one.

And she told you the building doesn't look "structurally sound"?

2 Likes

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Beaf: 2:19pm On Jun 05, 2012
I do not see any access for disabled people. There should at least be a ramp or lift.

7 Likes

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Arosa(m): 2:34pm On Jun 05, 2012
nateevs:

And she told you the building doesn't look "structurally sound"?

Wake me up when the building collapses, yawn! cry

2 Likes

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by EvilBrain1(m): 2:48pm On Jun 05, 2012
It's not really complete. The rail lines haven't been laid, the railings, electrical work, plumbing, etc aren't done. I passed by there a few days ago and was able to get a close look. The basic structure is finished, but it is far from ready for use.

That's not to take anything away from the LSG though. Good job.

2 Likes

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 2:59pm On Jun 05, 2012
Nice . . .

1 Like

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by GboyegaD(m): 3:07pm On Jun 05, 2012
OP,
What about the tracks? That is the most important and not the stations. How far have they gone with the tracks knowing they have less than one year because the project at inception said it was going to be for four years. Kindly give feedback on this please.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 05, 2012
Arosa:

And you can tell from the picture that it is likely to collapse? How do people even come up with some crazy theories?
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 05, 2012
CyberG: This cannot be true! You mean a Rail station was started and completed by a state government while the federal government taking the most money and lead by the crying, clueless, dull-brain Daftluck Jonsatan is yet to achieve anything except BH, corruption, subsidy probes, renaming institutions built by the labour of others while it has not fulfilled its many useless promises?
Its WorldBank loan my brother. Always get facts before giving yourself high BP

1 Like

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Ricdave(m): 3:16pm On Jun 05, 2012
cryptic:

And you can tell from the picture that it is likely to collapse? How do people even come up with some crazy theories?

Nairaland, a place of a thousand laugh...

1 Like

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Revolva(m): 3:17pm On Jun 05, 2012
Arosa:

Are you better in knowledge than the chinese I don't know why some people are very pressmistic how could you say such balderdash and I am sure you have never been to orile area of lagos before

They are yet to compleyte the mileE part please they should ooo construction work is causing havoc in mile 2 down to maza maza first gate
Good one fashola

1 Like

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by naptu2: 3:18pm On Jun 05, 2012
Cool
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by oliseh3: 3:18pm On Jun 05, 2012
CyberG: This cannot be true! You mean a Rail station was started and completed by a state government while the federal government taking the most money and lead by the crying, clueless, dull-brain Daftluck Jonsatan is yet to achieve anything except BH, corruption, subsidy probes, renaming institutions built by the labour of others while it has not fulfilled its many useless promises?

Such is life grin

Such is life
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by wandeay: 3:20pm On Jun 05, 2012
nice job well done, others should emulate dat, if trains are available from state 2 state, more pple wil prefer than 2 board a plane or busm GEJ, wake up dear!
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by mcchegzy(m): 3:21pm On Jun 05, 2012
Arosa:

You wont wake coz it will collapse on you

4 Likes

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Ricdave(m): 3:23pm On Jun 05, 2012
mcchegzy:

Lol...here we go again
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by manny4life(m): 3:27pm On Jun 05, 2012
Nice though that work is in progress, however, the building does look boring though. Where is the modern architecture design? Oh well, who says better things won't come to Lagosians? To be honest though, let me call spade a spade, Lagos Light rail is more economic efficient and sound than all the monorail being studied in the East, and SS.

@Beaf, haba, how do you wanna see access for disabled people in that bldg? If at all, the ramp is located inside of the bldg not outside so you can see it. Besides, from what I've seen here, disabled folks either use the elevator or get special shuttle ride in the absence of an elevator.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by zangiff(m): 3:30pm On Jun 05, 2012
not bad
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Arosa(m): 3:31pm On Jun 05, 2012
Revolva:
Are you better in knowledge than the chinese I don't know why some people are very pressmistic how could you say such balderdash and I am sure you have never been to orile area of lagos before

They are yet to compleyte the mileE part please they should ooo construction work is causing havoc in mile 2 down to maza maza first gate
Good one fashola

An average Chinese is not smarter than me, thank you very much. Do your research on the building works done by the Chinese in Angola. What I will like to know is that this building has passed all necessary structural engineering test required for a rail station in a place like Lagos.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by aljharem(m): 3:37pm On Jun 05, 2012
see hatred for thread

Omo odua e je ka dupe owo Olorun. Another milestone

The First lightrail station in West Africa. Yes we have done it again.

While others are wishing for it to collapse, others would simply not give credit but Allah is with us.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 05, 2012
What business does an architect has with "Structural Soundness" of a structure? You should be talking about a structural engineer. Some Nigerians are invariably ignorant and what pains me is that they say this smugly thinking they are right! If you aren't sure of something, shut the Bleep up! I have no doubt people of your type will go and hire an architect to build a house for you and two yrs later, the house has collapsed killing innocent lives.

For the young man that said her sister is an architect, what does that statement mean? What are you trying to say? The fact that your sister has a son, doesn't mean it's your son. Same goes with her profession.

Now, as a structural engineer, by principle of structural analysis, which can be done without being present at the site, it appears to me from the picture that the structure has a substantial amount of columns to support the load/floor above it. In other words, if you analyze the structure in terms of tributary area of load being supported by each column, I am convinced that the gravity loads (live and dead) are distributed uniformly and safely. Now, as to the quality of the materials used and compliance to IBC and ASCE building codes and standards, these cannot be determined without being present at the site and testings done.

Structural engineer
3 years + experience with ENCON, Denver, CO.

5 Likes

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Arosa(m): 3:38pm On Jun 05, 2012
mcchegzy:

You know i live in the Uk right? I am only drawing attention to your perfect safety regulations put in place for you peeps. have fun in your perfect rail station.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by CyberG: 3:40pm On Jun 05, 2012
LeoMax: Its WorldBank loan my brother. Always get facts before giving yourself high BP

So, your Jonatan president and his corrupt government have not been collecting loans? Are you aware of the ~ $ 8 B loan that was recently approved by your corrupt finance minister Iweala for this useless government? Keep on deceiving yourselves!

1 Like

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by xavier3g(m): 3:40pm On Jun 05, 2012
That Aboki in the last picture looks like he is already planning to bomb, see how he is looking at it angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by freshmoney(m): 3:41pm On Jun 05, 2012
Wow, an outstanding project! God bless Lagos State. God bless Nigeria! You can't just be WRONG with ACN.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pius Odubu Escapes Assassination (Edo Deputy Governor) - Photo / Saraki Addresses Protesting National Assembly Staff, As Ahmed Lawal Speaks / Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.