Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,862 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? (3969 Views)

Is Governor Umahi The Best Performing In Terms Of Salary Payment? / Is PHCN On Strike Nationwide? / How Is PHCN Doing In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:10pm On Sep 01, 2010
I can confrim that of port harcourt, we had to turn of the transformer today to carry out maintenance work because all the fake wire don dey burn grin grin grin grin grin but seriously 18 hrs is the minimum.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by Esanyonmi(m): 2:24pm On Sep 01, 2010
na waoo,in ma area at transformer side in romuodomaya in portharcout the thing call light is gold,cos it is 1 hour in a week and that is all so 4 hours in a month.we need help.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by JUO(m): 2:25pm On Sep 01, 2010
yes they have improved but are still the must corrupt organization in Nigeria
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by blank(f): 2:31pm On Sep 01, 2010
I give them minus 100% angry angry angry angry
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by Mobsync(m): 2:37pm On Sep 01, 2010
In my area, from almost 24 hrs a day to nothing, I give them -99.9%
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by obojo(m): 2:39pm On Sep 01, 2010
lekki 1, light comes between 12 midnight to 12 am, during this period, it is still not constant, no light at all during the day

you rate them!!
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by unclebros: 2:44pm On Sep 01, 2010
In Ifako-gbagada, Lagos

The light has improved , i remembered it used to be like 2hours to 18hrs there about now , though sometimes we get less than 18 but nothing less than 12.

BUT I WANT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by tytylayor: 3:14pm On Sep 01, 2010
unclebros, alainitelorun ni yin, we wey no get anytin , wetin make we talk?
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by safariman(m): 3:32pm On Sep 01, 2010
We live in Wuse, Area 3 and my brother tells me that there have been no change. We receive light at least 10 hrs a day
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by usbcable(m): 3:34pm On Sep 01, 2010
before the 2007 elections I said anybody(excluding IBB,ATIKU,BUHARI) amongst the present government that repairs the road leading to my area and is able to give me stable power supply i will campaing for him even if he's from PDP.

so far
BRF HAS done the roads aspect

and now

GEJ is ''doing''(I hope he ''does'') the power aspect.

for ketu here
for days,  I really cant remember when last  they took power for a whole day.except when PHCN went on strike.
nowadays its hours upon hours of power supply.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by Tonyet1(m): 3:47pm On Sep 01, 2010
benheart:

in my area at mafoluku, the light has become a nightmare,u will see the light at about 12-1 am then at about 3am its gone there have been no improvement atall.

I really sympathize with the situation at 'your abode, but i was wondering, maybe the problem could be the use/existence of some faulty electrical components restricting the easy flow of this power.  smiley

I heard that when some fuse in the distribution transformer goes bad, it could really affect supply even when it is supplied.  smiley

Chrisbenogor:

I can confrim that of port harcourt, we had to turn of the transformer today to carry out maintenance work because all the fake wire don dey burn grin grin grin grin grin but seriously 18 hrs is the minimum.

Bro i see say u dey happy well well. . .me also hear say somewhere around Rumuigbo/ Psychiathric road dem dey receive power for 24hrs. I don dey believe am sha.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by graciella(f): 3:56pm On Sep 01, 2010
here at coker village,

For the past three weeks, omo them never flash light, talkless of bring,

We are going backwards?
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by frankoko(m): 4:10pm On Sep 01, 2010
i live is satelite town i n Lagos no light for the past 2 weeks na wah cry sad
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by frankoko(m): 4:11pm On Sep 01, 2010
i live in satelite town in Lagos no light for the past 2 weeks na wah  cry sad
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by KunleOshob(m): 4:22pm On Sep 01, 2010
@Tonye
Maybe the improved power supply you are experiencing is reward for you regular payment of "tithes"

@All
I am suprised that nobody as remembered to give OBJ any credit for this improved power supply. We shd remember that he set the ball rolling thru the power sector reforms act and he laid a solid foundation for the power road map, infact he got to an advanced stage in delivering stable power supply to us before that clueless yar'adua put us back in reverse motion. Jonathan is only concluding the work OBJ started. Kudos to him sha, at least we are making progress.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by tunde1200(m): 4:33pm On Sep 01, 2010
in shasha its realy bad for phcn they gave us light 3hours in a day and off every 4 days, it will be shifted to another like places orisumibare etc so which improvement are we talking about please. every things in this nation is upside down.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by PapaBrowne(m): 5:01pm On Sep 01, 2010
This is impressive!! If Jonathan can have this much impact in just 3 months, without much investment, then just imagine for a moment what he can do in 4 years!! Another very great achievement he has accomplished is the eradication of fuel scarcity!!

Jonathan has my vote and I will spend my money to get others to vote for him!!!!!!!
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by prosperup(m): 5:01pm On Sep 01, 2010
Na wa o!
E be like say he carry the whole light land for PH.
In Kano, Kumbotso feeder,if we get 3 hrs we dey happy.
They collect N500k to connect you to 'blue line' 33KV.
That line gets 22hrs of light.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by MIBB: 5:07pm On Sep 01, 2010
I live in Rumuomasi, Port Harcourt. Interestingly, i have been enjoying over 20hours of power supply since July. Before now, i run generators in turn, since i own two. I sincerely hope that this situation can only get better.

Well, if it is GEJ, its a good development, but we need to know thats its not just to prepare our minds for next year elections. However, i will be more pleased if the extra 4hour is added so that i can have a story of enjoying 24hours in my life time and in Nigeria.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by marjo: 5:13pm On Sep 01, 2010
I moved to my own building at Ibafo (Isefu Eledede area) mid July. we do not have light in the whole area. there has been no light for over a year there. when i asked i was told that the transformer developed a fault and since then nothing. several trips to nepa/phcn have not yielded fruit. sad

the area that i know that has light has some big men with their companies who are using their connections for their area ( even there, the light is erratic). wink

As far as i am concerned PHCN is not working. there is nothing lucky about goodluck. most of you posters are in the main cities. i have coal and stove iron. we use gen everyday from about 7 to 1030pm.   angry

Anyway, i am still praying.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by Tonyet1(m): 5:17pm On Sep 01, 2010
KunleOshob:

@Tonye
Maybe the improved power supply you are experiencing is reward for you regular payment of "tithes"

@All
I am suprised that nobody as remembered to give OBJ any credit for this improved power supply. We shd remember that he set the ball rolling thru the power sector reforms act and he laid a solid foundation for the power road map, infact he got to an advanced stage in delivering stable power supply to us before that clueless yar'adua put us back in reverse motion. Jonathan is only concluding the work OBJ started. Kudos to him sha, at least we are making progress.

How far? grin Kunle, no one is talking about tithe payment nor OBJ, we are asking: How is PHCN performing in your neigborhood. Abi ur area no get nepa poles.? grin
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by siapaya(m): 5:23pm On Sep 01, 2010
off allen av Ikeja Lagos

Still as usual

9 - 10 hrs / day, night only.

and keeps getting worse,
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by Kelvinj(m): 5:32pm On Sep 01, 2010
Mehn, lite in ma area na die. I stay in owerri, the lite is just nothing 2 write home abt. But its not bad in all areas But its like the took the 1 meant for my area 2 make sure say others dey get. For the part 1yr6months we've had approx. just 40hrs of lite. This isn't just fair cos at the end of the month the bring in huge bills for lite u never consumed which is equivalent 2 robbery, Well God help us
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by siapaya(m): 5:59pm On Sep 01, 2010
Kelvinj:

Mehn, lite in ma area na die. I stay in owerri, the lite is just nothing 2 write home abt. But its not bad in all areas But its like the took the 1 meant for my area 2 make sure say others dey get. For the part 1yr6months we've had approx. just 40hrs of lite. This isn't just fair cos at the end of the month the bring in huge bills for lite u never consumed which is equivalent 2 robbery, Well God help us

THAT IS SERIOUS!
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by smasher1(m): 6:04pm On Sep 01, 2010
Airport road, Warri, Delta state I would say 23 hours a day in the past 3 months. It used to be about 20 hours. Lets say 15% improvement. There are days where there is 24 hours electricity for almost a week.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by xreal: 6:05pm On Sep 01, 2010
Guys, I'm amazed at this developmnt.
Is Jonathan responsible 4 dis?
If yes, kudos.
Maintainance shld b worked on.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by naso2(m): 6:14pm On Sep 01, 2010
[size=70pt]GOODLUCK NIGERIA[/size]
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by shawdon(m): 6:25pm On Sep 01, 2010
In my area at Elliot Ishaga,the PHCN no dey try at all.

I never witness Light for Almost a week.

I just pray thing get bettter for thisour dearly country.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by phantom(m): 6:53pm On Sep 01, 2010
eligbolo,rumuokoro, omo, the light been improve to 10hrs a month ago and stayed like that till about a wk ago when things got worse again, but elekahia light na fire!
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by Beaf: 7:05pm On Sep 01, 2010
na_so:

[size=70pt]GOODLUCK NIGERIA[/size]

Hehe!
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by Mobinga: 7:13pm On Sep 01, 2010
Hmmm there's light now oh. . . hmmm its unusual,
i stay at ag phc
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by Beaf: 7:15pm On Sep 01, 2010
prosperup:

Na wa o!
E be like say he carry the whole light land for PH.
In Kano, Kumbotso feeder,if we get 3 hrs we dey happy.
They collect N500k to connect you to 'blue line' 33KV.
That line gets 22hrs of light.

Dat one na transmission problem. Even if where is abundant power, poor equipment still holds things back.
Jonathan and Sambo recently released 2000 containers of NEPA equipment worth billions that had ben sitting in the ports for 3 whopping years (because the mudafcking cabal was planning to auction them). They even accrued 4billion Naira demurrage!

In a few months those faulty lines should be fixed and everybody will see the improvements. The amount of power generated in the country is set to double by April next year. So, fingers crossed, things seem to really be changing!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Blasts FG Over The State Of Roads Nationwide / 'Attack On The Nation Newspaper’s Vehicle Was Aimed At Gov Sylva' / Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.