Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? (3970 Views)

Is Governor Umahi The Best Performing In Terms Of Salary Payment? / Is PHCN On Strike Nationwide? / How Is PHCN Doing In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by Tonyet1(m): 12:40pm On Aug 31, 2010
[size=5pt]I actually didnt know where to create this thread. . .mods help me out.[/size]

I live in Port Harcourt, Sandfilled area of Borikiri (main town), since the visit of the president to PH city and his commissioning of Amaechi's power scheme. I must say the power situation has improved immensely, from receiving 5hours power supply daily it has risen to 20hours of late.

Lets know the average hours you receive power in your neighborhood. And how you'll rank their performance.

For me, i'll give them 90%  grin, about yours?  wink
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by Tonyet1(m): 12:42pm On Aug 31, 2010
At least no more buying of fuel for generators, let it be used for our vehicles more. grin
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by prenny(m): 12:52pm On Aug 31, 2010
Hmmm! Na tru talk sha! at least theyve improved from 2 hrs/day to like 6hrs/day in my area in Kano. Although some area use up to 10 - 15 hrs ooo. I give them 65%
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by brotherly: 1:07pm On Aug 31, 2010
Light has improved in my area tremendously. We now have about 15hrs light on the average daily. it used to be between 5-7hours daily in january.

If na for light i go say JONATHAN DON TRY
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by PapaBrowne(m): 1:16pm On Aug 31, 2010
Light has improved tremendously for some months now. Infact there are many companies who have reduced their diesel consumption by something like 60%. Looks like this Jonathan guy might just be the one to solve this power problem once and for all.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by ozaro(m): 3:40pm On Aug 31, 2010
There has been rapid increase in my area. It used 2 be 12hrs on average bt nw its increased 2 18hrs(on average), there was a time in feb we had light for 3 days straight(without blinking), i'll give them 90%
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by Afam4eva(m): 4:45pm On Aug 31, 2010
That's true. Electricity has also picked up in my area. Is Barth nnaji responsible for this?
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by naso2(m): 4:47pm On Aug 31, 2010
Hmmmmmmm. sweet topic. yes it has improved in my area.

afam4eva:

That's true. Electricity has also picked up in my area. Is Barth nnaji responsible for this?

Yes he is, under the leadership of GEJ grin grin
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by Beaf: 5:11pm On Aug 31, 2010
Jonathan has quietly achieved in 3+ months, what no other govt has been able to in the several past decades of mis-governance. Yet, there are still more impovements to come. In fact, Jonathan has promised 24/7 light by 2012 (I hope to God, that it is possible and that he can achieve it).

Nigeria needs to move forward, it isn't often we hear good stories like this. cool
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by calyx: 5:15pm On Aug 31, 2010
In my area in Lekki, its still the same thing. About 18 hrs/day. Are we not a part of this Nigeria? What of our own improvement
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by Jakumo(m): 5:23pm On Aug 31, 2010
Jonathan Goodluck is now solidly PROVEN to be the ONLY man capable of leading Nigeria out of its 30-year electrical power dark age.   No other Nigerian head of state was so much as attempted the type of amazing logistical feats that current president Jonathan Goodluck performs in leaps and bounds, and that fact alone answers the question of just who Nigeria's next president MUST be - Jonathan Goodluck

[size=14pt]Go Johnny Go !  Johnny B. Goodluck[/size]
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by naso2(m): 9:02am On Sep 01, 2010
[size=70pt]GOODLUCK NIGERIA[/size]
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 01, 2010
3 Brand New Jet at a time, #15 billion Naira for a day Birthday, #400 Million for additional , party funds,,,,,,,,,spends over $14 Billions Dollars less than 100 days in office. we just less than $2 billion in excess oil accounts and also seeking additional $5 Billons loans well more to if he is voted in 2011.

Nigeria may go Bankrupt before the man left office
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by PapaBrowne(m): 10:27am On Sep 01, 2010
barnabasj:

3 Brand New Jet at a time, #15 billion Naira for a day Birthday, #400 Million for additional , party funds,,,,,,,,,spends over $14 Billions Dollars less than 100 days in office. we just less than $2 billion in excess oil accounts and also seeking additional $5 Billons  loans   well more to if he is voted in 2011.

If he buys one private jet each for his kids and cousins and spends 100 billion on buying limousines for his girlfriends and at the same time fixes this lingering electricity problem, then he would be the best president Nigeria ever had!!!
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by naso2(m): 10:43am On Sep 01, 2010
barnabasj:

3 Brand New Jet at a time, #15 billion Naira for a day Birthday, #400 Million for additional , party funds,,,,,,,,,spends over $14 Billions Dollars less than 100 days in office. we just less than $2 billion in excess oil accounts and also seeking additional $5 Billons loans well more to if he is voted in 2011.

[size=14pt]Dem ask you simple question , light don improve for ya place or e no improve[/size]?

Do you think a president will just wake up one day and request the NA to approve the purchase of three jets? Do you know the state of the jets in the presidential fleet? Are you aware of the disgrace and almost fatal tragedy that would have happened in uganda recently?

Ok do you know about budgets? and fiscal discipline? Do you know that the budget for those jets were actually done by the late UMYA and approved  by NA? Do you know that not adhering to budgets as approved by NA is an impeachable offence? ok now check this and keep quiet on the presidential jet issue:

NOV 25 2009

The Federal Government is proposing to buy four more aircraft for the presidential fleet, according to the 2010 Appropriation Bill sent to the National Assembly yesterday by President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua.
The expenditure item, which came under the “Intelli-gence Community” budget, listed the cost of purchasing “4 Nos Presidential Air Craft” at $210 million, which is about N31.5 billion, although only N23.4 billion is to be provided for it in the next fiscal year.
The presidential fleet currently boasts of 8 aircraft – including three jets – but the types of the proposed purchases were not stated in the budget. The individual costs were also not stated, presumably because of state security secret.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=160654

Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by otokx(m): 11:29am On Sep 01, 2010
I stay in the greater Port Harcourt Area and the NEPA situation is like 7 hours a day guaranteed light, though issues still abound of transformer problem.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by GOZILLA(m): 11:35am On Sep 01, 2010
Better!! smiley
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by anitabest(f): 11:48am On Sep 01, 2010
Am in Kano, give 2day, 2morrow u won't c.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by Agbo2(m): 11:53am On Sep 01, 2010
Goodluck Joathan is a very sensitive president and he understands the people's needs.
This he has been able to demonstrate.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by stagger: 12:00pm On Sep 01, 2010
My residence in the FCT has 22 hours of power supply daily, 24 hours on weekends. A vastly improved situation right from the month Goodluck Jonathan took over.

I am not one to heap praise on politicians, but I have to give it up for him. He has done well, and will surely get my vote in 2011.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by tytylayor: 12:08pm On Sep 01, 2010
in mile 2, i tink its gettin worse, no specific time, but at least 2hrs a day sad so sad cry
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by ud4u: 12:14pm On Sep 01, 2010
It really improved in Lagos area, but is like it is dropping after the last strike. Jonathan should please help call them back to order.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by blank(f): 12:22pm On Sep 01, 2010
In my area in Surulere, my husband told me that for the past 2 weeks, NO LIGHT AT ALL.
One of the reasons i was happy to move to Surulere was cos of the almost 24 hrs light in my area.
But since GEJ, light has progressively gotten worse till now we don't av light at all.
I am not looking forward to going home at all.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by haboosa(m): 12:29pm On Sep 01, 2010
i may not be in a position to appraise the PHCN in my area cos i am not always at home but every night the light stay for at least from 10-6:30 when am leaving home.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by Soulstarr(m): 12:31pm On Sep 01, 2010
Wonderful news, So GEJ has built several power stations since taking office, kudos grin
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by bioye(m): 12:48pm On Sep 01, 2010
At my place in Maitama Abuja, it's been almost 24 hours a day for the past one month except for 1 or 2 days where the light was below par. Can we attribute the improvement to Jonathan? And can we rest assured that this is for the long haul?
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by mrofficial(m): 12:53pm On Sep 01, 2010
Lol. You guys are lucky. In my area, for over a week now, it has been blackout! Not even a blink!
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by naso2(m): 1:04pm On Sep 01, 2010
Soulstarr:

Wonderful news, So GEJ has built several power stations since taking office, kudos grin

Not really. However when he took over as acting president , he immediately gave daily gas target for NNPC to PHCN. Secondly i believe with the barth nnaji team, they are gradually taking out processes that promote ineffeciencies in the power generation,distribution and transmission framework .

But you never still answer the question. Light don improve for your side?
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by bodsibobo(m): 1:08pm On Sep 01, 2010
Magodo Area - Light has improved tremendously! We now have light most part of the day and mostly ALL night. (My gen is up for sale! cool cool cool
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:10pm On Sep 01, 2010
College road, IfakoIjaiye, Lagos.

prior to last weekend, roughly 14 hrs a day when the chap at the switch is in a good mood, on days he quarreled with his wife, 5 hrs!!!!

BUT SINCE LAST WEEKEND, NOT EVEN A BLINK!!
as i speak, water na luxury for there now as no power to even pump.

so u pple shld thank ur stars o.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by benheart(f): 1:33pm On Sep 01, 2010
in my area at mafoluku, the light has become a nightmare,u will see the light at about 12-1 am then at about 3am its gone there have been no improvement atall.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by alexleo(m): 2:05pm On Sep 01, 2010
Great improvement in my area too. We get between 20 and 24hrs a day so i give them 95%. Jonathan is doing well because he refused to play politics in the power sector like the past presidents. Barth Nnaji is a competent hand in the field. He is a round peg in a round hole. God will continue to help him.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku Donates N10m To Jigawa Flood Victims / How Jonathan Undermined & Defiled The First Law Of Power. / New CBN Policy On Trapped ATM Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.