Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? (3978 Views)

Is Governor Umahi The Best Performing In Terms Of Salary Payment? / Is PHCN On Strike Nationwide? / How Is PHCN Doing In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by 4Play(m): 7:18pm On Sep 01, 2010
Beaf:

Dat one na transmission problem. Even if where is abundant power, poor equipment still holds things back.
Jonathan and Sambo recently released 2000 containers of NEPA equipment worth billions that had ben sitting in the ports for 3 whopping years (because the mudafcking cabal was planning to auction them). They even accrued 4billion Naira demurrage!

In a few months those faulty lines should be fixed and everybody will see the improvements. The amount of power generated in the country is set to double by April next year. So, fingers crossed, things seem to really be changing!

Are you GJ's official ambassador to NL?
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by Amalaaba: 8:24pm On Sep 01, 2010
Hello friends, Lets be careful in praising Dr Goodluck for the marginal improvement in power situation in the country. Power and the equipment used in delivering power are not bought on the shelves as your praises are suggesting. Lets take the case of PH; The power plant started during the regime of Dr Odili as part of Obasanjo's IPP master plan. The plant was completed but the produced power could not be evacuated. The evacuation was completed by Amechi.

In order to make it possible for power to get to more people, Amechi has bought hundreds of transformers which are now being installed along with those being installed by NDDC. In addition, the House of assembly members also included huge amount of money under constituency project for building INJECTION/SUBSTATIONs STATIONS.

Dr Goodluck's contribution are 1. Resume the Obasanjo IPP master plan. 2. Announcement to privatize PHCN which is also an Obasanjo agenda accepted by all the best experts in the world. Barth Nnaji who is the special adviser to the President owns a power plant (GEOMETRICS) which will in a month complete a power plant that will deliver power to industries in Aba.

Trust me i don't like Obasanjo for his arrogance and hypocrisy, but he got good advice on power from experts.

I hope i have provided some insight!
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by oseiwe(m): 8:55pm On Sep 01, 2010
In my area here in warri, light is very stable like abt 2hrs darkness per week. I should say since february dis year.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by jbola(m): 9:16pm On Sep 01, 2010
at my area bariga it was partial som area will hav light throught out d day but we might not hav till midnight.gbagada estate, lad-lak, new garage, ifako and oworo it's only we leaving in lad lak dat suffer off light and we are all under d same PHCN i give jonathan 80 % since he has became president light has good but dey re doing partial in our area they should pls help us so dat we 2 can enjoy light like others. cry sad
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by calabaman(m): 9:52pm On Sep 01, 2010
Considering what others are facing out there i.e months without light. The 6 hrs/day of light in my area at ajah is fairly ok. What a country!!!
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by xxxboy(m): 11:47pm On Sep 01, 2010
Here in Agege, Lagos State, its been blackout since the phcn strike. Its quite frustrating. Its been a week plus we had light last.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by 5point(f): 9:01am On Sep 02, 2010
I live off Airport road in Port Harcourt.Well, we live on gen 24/7 cos we usually have light for maximum of 2hrs a week cry.Yet PHCN brings bills (unfailingly) every month. grin[i wonder how they calculate d due amount].
However,I got a rather unbelievable news yesterday when I returned from work that there was light for 8hrs 30mins and today there is light as I as type this.I hope it is for real though.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by chelseabmw(m): 10:14am On Sep 02, 2010
phcn. . . . .85%
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by scopusng(m): 10:51am On Sep 02, 2010
9-12 hours daily, i live in ikorodu area in lagos
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by soloqy: 10:58am On Sep 02, 2010
blank:

In my area in Surulere, my husband told me that for the past 2 weeks, NO LIGHT AT ALL.
One of the reasons i was happy to move to Surulere was cos of the almost 24 hrs light in my area.
But since GEJ, light has progressively gotten worse till now we don't av light at all.
I am not looking forward to going home at all.

At least you confirmed that some areas of surulere used to have almost 24 hrs light. It should have occurred to you that there is a major problem in surulere(marsha/aguda/kilo/akerele) or do you think its normal for the surulere that ranked high in Power consumption to be without power for more than 2weeks now?
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by JazzyPhizzle: 11:15am On Sep 02, 2010
@Sology,

Even before the PHCN strike, there has been a Complete BLACK OUT in the WHOLE of Surulere for over 2 weeks now!
So I confirm Blank's husband's complaints.

You should see the bills that they bring every month end. Sometimes up to N9,000! And I'll assume that this month won't eb any different. I live with my wife and 1 year old daugter and we only come home at night to sleep.

There's no excuse for their poor service, abeg.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by mrofficial(m): 12:26pm On Sep 02, 2010
soloqy:

At least you confirmed that some areas of surulere used to have almost 24 hrs light. It should have occurred to you that there is a major problem in surulere[b](marsha/aguda/kilo/akerele)[/b] or do you think its normal for the surulere that ranked high in Power consumption to be without power for more than 2weeks now?

Even Coker and Orile.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by baani(m): 12:56pm On Sep 02, 2010
I DNT KNW ABT UR AREA BUT EVER SINCE G.D CAME TO LAGOS TO TO LAUNCH HIS ROAD MAP TO BETTER POWER GENERATION LIGHT HAS WORSENED TERRIBLY, AS AM SENDING THIS MAIL IM ACTUALLY RUNNING ON GEN,
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by DTaj: 2:32pm On Sep 02, 2010
We don't know what PHCN means in my neighbourhood!

The whole of Eric Manuel Crescent- including Bashir Augusto Street, Eric Manuel, Sulaiman, etc (off Bode Thomas Street, Surulere) and a part of the whole of Bode Thomas Street, Surulere, have not had one minute of power since Aug 3! Even before that date, at best, we used to get only about 5-6 hours at very odd hours (12am-6am)!

In August, my expenditure on power included: Fuel for 2 generators (N25,300), Repair of generators (N9,350), purchase of engine (motor) oil @ N1,700 each (N5,100), aside from constant harrassment at work by the guard to the effect that 'ooooga, puel don pinish por generata pa, buy am com', lol. In effect, I spent N39,750 on power generation in August 2010!!!! THIS IS REALLY SAD!!!
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by DTaj: 2:35pm On Sep 02, 2010
We don't know what PHCN means in my neighbourhood!

The whole of Eric Manuel Crescent- including Bashir Augusto Street, Eric Manuel, Sulaiman, etc (off Bode Thomas Street, Surulere) and a part of the whole of Bode Thomas Street, Surulere, have not had one minute of power since Aug 3! Even before that date, at best, we used to get only about 5-6 hours at very odd hours (12am-6am)!

In August, my expenditure on power included: Fuel for 2 generators (N25,300), Repair of generators (N9,350), purchase of engine (motor) oil @ N1,700 each (N5,100), aside from constant harrassment at work by the guard to the effect that 'ooooga, puel don pinish por generata pa, buy am com', lol. In effect, I spent N39,750 on power generation in August 2010!!!! THIS IS REALLY SAD!!!
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by blank(f): 2:54pm On Sep 02, 2010
^^^^^^^^^

Very very true
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by Vindy: 4:30pm On Sep 02, 2010
In my area, Agip Estate Ext. Phc. Sometimes we av power 4 72hrs nonestop oda time 18hrs daily nobody wants 2 leave even wit d fact that d landlords keep on increasn their rent, cos they knw d area has light.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by Sagamite(m): 5:07pm On Sep 02, 2010
JazzyPhizzle:

@Sology,

Even before the PHCN strike, there has been a Complete BLACK OUT in the WHOLE of Surulere for over 2 weeks now!
So I confirm Blank's husband's complaints.

You should see the bills that they bring every month end. Sometimes up to N9,000! And I'll assume that this month won't eb any different. I live with my wife and 1 year old daugter and we only come home at night to sleep.

There's no excuse for their poor service, abeg.

Why do you keep on paying?

If I was the one, after one year of paying and no light, I will stop.

What will happen if you stop paying? They will stop giving you light they were not giving anyway? You will have to use the generator you are already using everyday?
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by soloqy: 9:02pm On Sep 02, 2010
@blank, Dtaj, una sorry o. I know it wasnt like this in Surulere before. I know cause I used to have about 19 hrs of power daily. There is a major fault in surulere. They also said they wont be sending any bills for the last month and if any of them walks to your place to present a bill of the last month, you have a right to detain him in your toilet(ok, I added that  grin).

But hey, they say it may end this weekend so be expectant.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by dTouch: 11:31pm On Sep 02, 2010
In my area of Port Harcourt, light dey go only when you forget to recharge PHCN card. Knock yourself out. Someone said Odili started it and Amechi is concluding it. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT FOR 8 YEARS THAT'S ALL ODILI DID. NOTHING ELSE. That name should not be mentioned in Rivers State. The name rattles the ear.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by dTouch: 11:33pm On Sep 02, 2010
How Odili spend 8 years to do light and no fit finish am beats everybody.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by amaechijay: 7:18pm On Sep 03, 2010
I live in Rumuola in Port Harcourt. Electric power has been steady for months now.

I rate PHCN 90% for now.

Hope they wont change sha o!
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 03, 2010
You just have to look at his thread to know that it is very cheap to please Nigerians and hence easy to fool them.

I am disinterested in taking statistics of whether I see light 2hrs on Monday or 5hrs on Tuesday. Hellllooooooooo!!!!! The 6th largest producer of crude should never have power cuts and all this talk about 10hrs light, 6hrs light bla bla bla does not make a lot of sense to me. It nullifies the urgency of the situation and encourages the Government to take as long as they like to resolve the energy situation.

I will only celebrate the energy policy of any Government when I see un-interrupted power supply for 3 months without power cuts.

FOR THAT IS THE WORLD THAT OUGHT TO BE.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 03, 2010
When Odili came to office in 1999, electricity supply improved in River State.

Then what used to happen is NEPA that usually takes light and brings it the next day or the next 2days, now began to bring light sometimes within an hour or minutes of taking it.

Each time light came back people will chant O-D-I-I-L-L-I-I-I!!!!!!!!!!

But you know what? after 8years of Odili Government we know how that supperficial improvement of power supply by the Odili Government ended.

So if you think you used to see light for 2hours and you now see it for 6hours. It means nothing, it could simply be the kind of gimmick you see in an election period.
Let us appraise the efforts of these guys when we go 6 months or 12months without an unplanned power cut.

For now it is all superficial.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 03, 2010
[size=18pt]Power outage interrupts Eagles training [/size]
Posted: 2010-09-03 06:40

Power outage at the UJ Esuene Stadium forced the cancellation of the Super Eagles first training session in Calabar on Thursday.

The squad, complete with new arrival Joseph Yobo, were forced to abandon the session within half an hour following a generator malfunction.

Efforts to fix the problem ended with no success and the players were quickly ushered back into their team bus and ferried away.

Stadium officials declined comment on the exact nature of the problem with the generator, but promised that it would be fixed before the next training session

------------ culled from Kickoff Nigeria.
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by MrStrategy(m): 10:05pm On Sep 03, 2010
It hasn't gotten any better at my end yet.
Hope we see the best of GEJ's reforms soon.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by kemisoye: 11:43am On Sep 06, 2010
Well, has PHCN really improved in my area?
Not Really, the proportioning system is still on.
Sometimes, the system is very effective, sometimes it is not.
Like my lecturer says, when it is my area's turn, we have the right to hope for electricity.
Re: How Is PHCN Performing In Your Neigborhood? by yimiton(f): 2:22pm On Sep 06, 2010
power has been quite stable in my Magodo AGRA area. I've not had to use generator for a long time.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply / When Was Nigeria Given Her Name? / Uduaghan Commissions Effurun Flyover Amidst Eulogies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.