Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) (48317 Views)

Ijelespeaks Carries Placard Calls Zion Pastor Arangee Master PHOTOS / They Call Okowa Road Master, But No Good Roads In Delta - Pela / "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) by bayelsaowei(m): 1:59pm On Mar 07, 2019
Mediocrity ... Africans are really slaves... sad

1 Like

Re: See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) by Burgerlomo: 2:02pm On Mar 07, 2019
Nobeluscabral:
Oh my God see wetn Nigerians dey celebrate grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) by chinedumoooo: 2:03pm On Mar 07, 2019
This is flexible pavement with less cost and prone to portholes and also maintenances culture in Nigeria is very poor.
I encourage okowa to emulate Govrn Dave umahi of ebonyi state in his road constructions and modern rehabilitation.
Re: See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) by aremz(m): 2:04pm On Mar 07, 2019
Lol later they'll say afonjas have red roofs...just take a look at thier soil *spits*
Re: See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) by mrZENographer: 2:04pm On Mar 07, 2019
Unlike Kano where a PDP had a #1million for anyone who shows one road that was built by Ganduje.
Re: See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 07, 2019
Mutemenot:
Op didn't show us the massive drainage okowa is construction in asaba and it's environ. And the pictures of the roads shown is very little compared to what has he done in asaba alone . Okowa is the right man for delta
He had no choice because Asaba had been neglected by previous administration. In the cause of my tour from Enugu to Asaba, I weep profusely. Onitsha her next neighbour has good roads.
Re: See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) by Emedu(m): 2:07pm On Mar 07, 2019
Most of the roads are NDDC projects. Don't be deceived. Okowa will win because Ogboru is not from Delta North. APC got the votes in presidential election because most the NDDC projects were contracted to their traditional rulers and key politicians in Delta.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) by Heffalump(m): 2:08pm On Mar 07, 2019
Honestly, Okowa doesn't need to campaign because his performance for 4 yrs is more than 8 yrs of Uduaghan, the klepto Governor!

Ogboru of APC should exercise patience till 2023. As far as the people of Delta State are concerned, there is no vacancy in the Government house, Asaba cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) by gregyboy(m): 2:08pm On Mar 07, 2019
Why do they have to put red sand on the road after construction i have never seen such in developed nations from the image above the roads looks untied and very unpleasant and if they have to use sand let them use sharp sand
Re: See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) by BRAINZBox(m): 2:09pm On Mar 07, 2019
iluvdonjazzy:
AUTOJOSH they have bribed u, Okowa is the worst governor in Nigeria, Delta state is the 4th richest state in Nigeria yet have nothing to show for it.

On point bro... AUTOJOSHNIG better talk how much them pay you oh.... to campaign for that big lipped clueless thief.

Do your research well before you come to embarrass yourself... Some of those roads are even NDDC handwork....

Tell AUTOJOSHNIG tell me one thing Okowa did to create job in Delta state ?

4 Likes

Re: See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) by Rumobaba: 2:10pm On Mar 07, 2019
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT
Re: See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) by Mutemenot(m): 2:11pm On Mar 07, 2019
asuustrike1:

He had no choice because Asaba had been neglected by previous administration. In the cause of my tour from Enugu to Asaba, I weep profusely. Onitsha her next neighbour has good roads.

Onitsha has better road but it's gradually depreciating . The drunkard we have their isn't doing anything. Anambra is just in the past glory l3ft by Peter Obi.
As for asaba, Okowa's 4 years is much better than Uduagha 8 years.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) by Optional09: 2:11pm On Mar 07, 2019
Nobeluscabral:
Oh my God see wetn Nigerians dey celebrate grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

They have been made mad lol
Re: See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 07, 2019
road mater kill you there.. you that seized people salary to the extent that, they could not pay for medical bills.. delta state lost many of their staff because of this man.
he ended up paying everything last year because buhari asked all governors to pay up b4 election.. ogboru should take over abeg

4 Likes

Re: See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) by highness25(m): 2:13pm On Mar 07, 2019
AutoJoshNIG:
Since his emergence as the Governor of Delta state in 2015, the administration of Governor Ifeanyi Okowa has recorded quite a number of successes.

However, one area that he has excelled enormously is in the area of Urban Renewal and Road Infrastructure.

Within 4 years of his administration, over 317 road projects across the state have been embarked upon.

Interestingly, a significant percentage of these roads are located in rural areas. This was deliberately orchestrated in order to facilitate the movement of goods and services in and around Delta State.

These constructed roads feature large surface and underground storm drainage facilities. This was done to reduce the devastating effects of flooding and ensure the durability of the roads.

The portfolio of constructed and re-constructed roads by the Okowa administration include over 1,000km of roads and 344km of drains valued at over N243bn. Out of this number, 135 projects covering 405km of roads and 159km of drainage channels (alongside roads) have been completed.

In addition, some road construction projects were equally embarked upon in riverine communities with their difficult terrain.

Of particular interest are the Main Axial Road and Okerenkoko Township roads in Warri South West Local Government Areas as some of the flagship projects of this administration. There is also the on-going rehabilitation and Asphalt Overlay of the 19.7km Obutobo 1 –Obutobo 11 – Sokebolou – Yokori road in Burutu Local Government Area.

There is also the on-going rehabilitation and Asphalt Overlay of the 19.7km Obutobo 1 –Obutobo11 – Sokebolou – Yokori road in Burutu Local Government Area.

Some of the major road projects that readily come to mind are the 10.8km km Okpare-Umolo-Ovwodokpor-Kiagbodo road in Ughelli South and Burutu LGAs, Jeddo-Ughoton road in Okpe LGA and Construction of Access road to Eagle Heights University, Oteri Township road in Ughelli North LGA and Okpe-Olomu/Otor-OrereOlomu road Ughelli South LGA.

Other roads construction projects by the Okowa administration include the expansion and rehabilitation of sections of Oghara Junction to Otefe Road in Ethiope West LGA Oghara, access road to Jesse town, access road to Ugbuwangue new layout, construction of Okuomowa road to Osubi to link Efekpo lane, the construction of Ekete main road, off DSC Expressway, the rehabilitation ofEkreravwe/Orhoakpor/Isiokolo Road in Ethiope East LGA, Abraka Township Roads Phase 1, and the reconstructed 8.5km Ughelli-Afiesere-Ofuoma road in Ughelli North LGA.

Asaba, the Delta state capital, is not left out of this road construction fiesta.

Cable Point Dual Carriageway and several township roads have given the state capital a befitting face-lift.

Asaba residents now have alternative routes as against the usual hiccups that characterized the main access road, the Nnebisi road.

The recently commissioned Kwale -Ogume- Obiaruku and Ozoro -Oleh roads have greatly enhanced the economic activities of the people of those areas. High transportation fares coupled with excruciating pains of having to ply deplorable roads are becoming outdated.

Indeed, it is this landmark achievement of Ifeanyi Okowa in the road sector that has earned him the sobriquet- the Road Master.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/see-why-they-nicknamed-governor-okowa-of-delta-statethe-road-master/

The more the road, the chances of robbers escaping when done robbing. shey na road go give us employment ni?
Re: See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) by OsusuBishop(m): 2:16pm On Mar 07, 2019
This people are not serious ooooo. Okowa has done nothing in delta state. All they do is use state money to settle godfathers and empower thugs. The best houses in the state are own by thugs and politifcians

Warri and Asaba metropolis roads are zero. OP how there u mention Jeddo - Ughoton road? To think the commissioner of works is from that place is really depressing.

3 Likes

Re: See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) by AAIM: 2:17pm On Mar 07, 2019
Why can’t they cover the drainage? That’s when rain falls it’s the people and the same road that will suffer again. I’m sick and tired of this useless country.
Re: See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) by omonscloak: 2:18pm On Mar 07, 2019
Xincxx2:
Na stronger thunder na go strike that your phone wey u dey use post this rubbish wey u wan take deceive people as naija hard reach
Re: See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) by realstars: 2:19pm On Mar 07, 2019
mytime24:
This is how one calabar girl fill her jamb form ----

Name:Okon Ekaette Ndifrike
Sex:10 times daily lipsrsealed
There must be some substanshus shit in your brain.
Re: See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) by soliddust2020: 2:20pm On Mar 07, 2019
I no like Okowa but i have known Ogboru long enough to know he is a devil. Okowa will win, Okowa didn't start working on time and he failed on that to be honest. Ogboru is wicked soul and evil like his party APC, forget all this people's general talk d man na scam. Ogboru can even get above 60% in delta central. Ijaws, isokos and delta north will do the magic for okowa. Watch them push ogboru out from Apc before next election, that guy no go rule delta state.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) by Jaqenhghar: 2:20pm On Mar 07, 2019
See giant of africa. See the kind of road they are celebrating
Re: See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) by omonscloak: 2:21pm On Mar 07, 2019
Na craze dey worry you, for this rubbish you post.
Re: See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) by xclusiveguy4(m): 2:23pm On Mar 07, 2019
Nawa o, Road master bawo shocked despite all the federal allocations

Somewhere in Osun state

4 Likes

Re: See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) by BlindAngel: 2:24pm On Mar 07, 2019
MrMcJay:
Waiting to hear from Nairalanders in Delta state.

I'll believe them over any blogger laundering the Governor's image.

Am not voting for him this Saturday, am voting for apc not that i ve hatred for pdp but i want power to change hand, pdp has ruled us for too long... Back to topic, okowa really tried i swear... Almost all the roads if not all in my town has been tied by okowa more that 70 if i should count, the op didn't included my town in the write up, but okowa really tried, new street light's in all the major road from starting to end, the traffic light that was abandoned has all started working again... Abeg the man try.

3 Likes

Re: See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) by suremanpatriot: 2:26pm On Mar 07, 2019
OKOWA IS FASHOLA OF DELTA STATE grin settled! AND PRETTY SOON DELTA WILL BECOME AS COSMOPOLITAN AS LAGOS ,BUT WITH NO AREA BOYZ MENACE., grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) by kayfra: 2:26pm On Mar 07, 2019
Is this a joke? grin grin grin
Re: See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) by Pabloriqueza: 2:27pm On Mar 07, 2019
Who else is expected to Make sure roads are constructed in a state? Omo this isn't worth celebrating.
Re: See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) by OlawaleSmarter1(m): 2:30pm On Mar 07, 2019
This Op just want to Embarrass Nigerians, in 2019 look at what Nigerians want to celebrate embarassed. All I see is Corruption and Embezzlement

2 Likes

Re: See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) by Mhizrasy: 2:30pm On Mar 07, 2019
Blind people Will never understand what life is by now in SE AND MINDLE-BIRTH
Re: See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 07, 2019
With 47b allocation

2 Likes

Re: See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) by bigfish3k: 2:32pm On Mar 07, 2019
okowa has tried
he is working really
the OP just showed us some
i dont know why he didnt show us the better roads in the cities instead of these village roads in okpanam

but in reality he has tried, and most deltans are confessing it
Re: See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) by Mhizrasy: 2:33pm On Mar 07, 2019
suremanpatriot:
OKOWA IS FASHOLA OF DELTA STATE grin settled! AND PRETTY SOON DELTA WILL BECOME AS COSMOPOLITAN AS LAGOS ,BUT WITH NO AREA BOYZ MENACE., grin
mumu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

New Traps Set For Emir Sanusi By Kano State Council Of Chiefs / MON: Teni Speaks On Her National Honor From President Buhari / Osita Chidoka Meets With Peter Obi As Atiku Seeks Deeper Engagement With LP(Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.