Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,076 members, 7,852,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:08 PM

Worth A Piece Of My Observation - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Worth A Piece Of My Observation (254 Views)

Married Guys Please I Need Clarification About This My Observation. / My First Day In Ashawo House. And My Observation. / My Observation Of Boys From Single Mother Homes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Worth A Piece Of My Observation by odurombi: 7:22am On Mar 09, 2019
I have noticed a 'craze' in the world, manifesting chiefly in fashion, entertainment, and sexual orientation.

In fashion, they say it's now the trend to have canvass or sneakers on traditional attire. The first time I saw 2baba (a foremost Nigerian artist) on it, I was full of resentment and abuse for his PR. I was later to be corrected that I was the one not keeping up with fashion trends. I adjusted quickly and felt satisfied with my progress until I saw a colleague at work clad in traditional attire, with a fez cap to match. What?! Mr Fashion Trend Police swung into action. I was quick to ask him to remove the fez cap. It was there on the spot Mr Fashion Trend Police was told that is what is trending. Oh my Goodness! Mr Fashion Trend will need to go for some refresher course.

I always wonder at the price for which crazy jeans are sold. And I still wonder at the innovation, too. What fashion trend is this! A top or blouse on a almost tattered jeans, and it comes at a cost too. Something akin to akisa, Yoruba word for rags. If the mentally derailed parading the streets sight most of today's celebs, they won't be convinced they aren't like them, dress-wise at least. It is difficult to believe that men will buy rags for fashion accessories. True to its name, it takes a crazy fellow to buy and clad in one. End of discussion!

On sex, the orientation is becoming more fluid and the definition is largely relative now. It isn't the norm to talk about heterosexualism. Homosexualism, lesbianism, gay, transgender, autosexualism, pansexualism are just a few of the emerging orientations on sexualism. The West that boasts of technological advancements, economic prosperity, advanced political ideologies, formidable educational policies and programmes wants Africa to jettison her mono-sexual orientation that favours only heterosexuals. The West has grown accustomed to being at the forefront while Africa trails from behind. Now, they want to school us on sexualism. In fact, they are succeeding already. You may wish to know how: in the foreign movies and novels that many of our teenagers watch and read. You may also wish to know that some of the cartoons kids see on popular foreign channels are subtly introducing them to witchcraft and LGBT*, with excitement. A predator will not prepare a good meal, add poison, and put a warning label on it. That describes the the content of most of the foreign books, and movies on TV. I suggest reading and viewing with suspicion! A quick challenge to parents: how will you define marriage to your child? And if, to your shock, s/he confides in you to be sexually attracted to fe/males, what will be your reaction? School him or her in the way of the so-called enlightened West?

In music there is too much noise. Satirizing this negative trend, a singer sang, 'ariwo kọ ni music o, empty barrel lo n pariwo'**. Noise-making-songs is not a recent trend. It only gained prominence recently. Way back in the 80s, a fuji legend was alleged to have posited thus: 'igba orin ti fọ, awo orin ti ya'***. That many of today's songs encapsulates the postulation of the late fuji veteran is stating the obvious. Wishy-washy, uninspiring lyrics, with nonsensical similar beats now rent the air. You call to mind the lyrics of Beautiful Nubia, Asa, Timi Dakolo, Dare ArtAlade, etc., and you appreciate lyrical aestheticism. Not to talk of that of the like of Ebenezer Obey, KSA, IK Dairo, Yusuf Olatunji, Orlando Owo, Orlando Julius, Dayo Kujore, Fela Anikulapo, etc. I have been told the 'noise' sells and is popular with the youths. You probably aren't in vogue if those songs are insulting to your intellect.

Fake now substitutes originality. Can one really decipher the actual size of a lady's breasts. What of the butts and the hips? Spoon, apple, rectangle, banana body shapes are everywhere. What of the face? On the face of ladies are a very heavy heap of cosmetics that usually transform them into masquerades we just have to accommodate at work, church, or social events. You can imagine taking a snapshot with masquerades. Haba, can't it be moderate? A story was told of a father of a bride who was surprised at the look of his about-to-wed daughter and kept asking her whereabouts. It took a while before he was convinced the make-up face was that of his lovely daughter. It was said he warned her sternly not to repeat it for the church wedding.

(https://www.nairaland.com/3192859/before-after-make-up-photos-shock)

One can go on and on. Before accusing fingers will come pointing, I go for the cover.

*Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender

**music is not noise, it is characteristic of an empty barrel to be noisy

***music muse has leaked out

http://olabanjititles..com/2019/03/worth-piece-of-my-observation.html?m=1
Re: Worth A Piece Of My Observation by dingbang(m): 7:28am On Mar 09, 2019
cool

(1) (Reply)

The Spirit Of God / Tips To Help You Get Over Your Ex / Watch Tv Online Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.