Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

What’s Your Take On This? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What’s Your Take On This? (3302 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What’s Your Take On This? by MissRaine69(f): 12:22pm On Mar 09, 2019
How would you handle this scenario? The father of the bride gifted the newly weds a 6 bedroom house in a very affluent part of Abuja, however the husband has refused to move in. The announcement of the gift was done at the wedding.

1 Like

Re: What’s Your Take On This? by Newboss(m): 12:40pm On Mar 09, 2019
MissRaine69:
How would you handle this scenario? The father of the bride gifted the newly weds a 6 bedroom house in a very affluent part of Abuja, however the husband has refused to move in. The announcement of the gift was done at the wedding.

He should sell the house to avoid "leave my house" scenario from the in law in the future. Then share the money 50-50 with the lady.

They didn't need the house because they would still have survived without the "gift". angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s Your Take On This? by lilmax(m): 12:45pm On Mar 09, 2019
either he refuses or accepts and sell the house

a man should accept it only if he's poor
Re: What’s Your Take On This? by peteruuu(m): 1:01pm On Mar 09, 2019
I won't take this!.

That wedding has been rigged, and JEGA knew about it!.

We will not take this!

2 Likes

Re: What’s Your Take On This? by MissRaine69(f): 2:13pm On Mar 09, 2019
lilmax:
either he refuses or accepts and sell the house

a man should accept it only if he's poor

He is not poor by any means.

1 Like

Re: What’s Your Take On This? by MissRaine69(f): 2:18pm On Mar 09, 2019
peteruuu:
I won't take this!.

That wedding has been rigged, and JEGA knew about it!.

We will not take this!
A “rigged” wedding?
Re: What’s Your Take On This? by donstan18: 2:23pm On Mar 09, 2019
Keep the house. Stay in your own house.
Re: What’s Your Take On This? by ednut1(m): 2:41pm On Mar 09, 2019
Me i will move in. Bt the day she rubs it in my face we move out and rent it out
Re: What’s Your Take On This? by blujoi(m): 2:43pm On Mar 09, 2019
In my opinion the guy is being childish!! It’s a gift for crying out loud! It’s their way of showing how they love their daughter. For me I will take the gift, why not? If I were staying in a house of my own I’ll still take it and rent it out. Some guys with their myopic mindset sha!!!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s Your Take On This? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 09, 2019
that is a loving father but men it is wrong ooh....maybe he would have done it in secret. anyway, whether secret or open, i dont think, i can accept the gift. the father of the bride just interfere with the stablity of the marriage, can he allow the groom to be a man.lol

you know Nigerians and gifts, once things goes wrong, they will use the gift to blackmail the man to do their biddings, it would have been good if the groom father did that not the bride father. also what happened can kill a man ego.

gifts in respect to property can cage the groom from speaking his mind when things go wrong. it can also make him uncomfortable in the marriage.

1 Like

Re: What’s Your Take On This? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 09, 2019
blujoi:
In my opinion the guy is being childish!! It’s a gift for crying out loud! It’s their way of showing how they love their daughter. For me I will take the gift, why not? If I were staying in a house of my own I’ll still take it and rent it out. Some guys with their myopic mindset sha!!!

rent what? something they gave us as a gift to live inside. lol
Re: What’s Your Take On This? by joseo: 3:01pm On Mar 09, 2019
Rent the house out
Re: What’s Your Take On This? by ePrive(m): 3:08pm On Mar 09, 2019
Depends on the individual.
His evaluation of his wife's family. There are families you'll know that the gift can come to haunt you later, and other family from whom you know it's a genuine act and it won't be used when problems/disagreement arise later (which would always arise).

I've seen gifts do the opposite of what it suppose to represent.

Generally speaking, I'll accept the gift but won't make it our primary home.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What’s Your Take On This? by blujoi(m): 3:09pm On Mar 09, 2019
No, I was saying if by any chance I was already living in my own house, I’ll still take the gift and rent it out

wetdick:

rent what? something they gave us as a gift to live inside. lol
Re: What’s Your Take On This? by ePrive(m): 3:12pm On Mar 09, 2019
joseo:
Rent the house out

You don't do that to gifts, especially from someone as close as your father in-law, also citing the special occasion in which the gift was given.

If he wanted to give you something for an additional income, he would have given you cash.
Re: What’s Your Take On This? by pryme(m): 3:13pm On Mar 09, 2019
MissRaine69:

Any real reason the husband has for not moving in?
Re: What’s Your Take On This? by oboy81: 5:08pm On Mar 09, 2019
Hahahahahahaha Ode!
Na Nollywood you dey? grin be using Nairaland people head

1 Like

Re: What’s Your Take On This? by DonroxyII: 7:10pm On Mar 09, 2019
We will surely move in....
After some time under a year.... we will sublet it and move to another posh environ!!

Me go move in ooo, u say wetin cheesy.... No ego for this issue Na, no be gift .... e no mean nothing say Na ihm papa dash us na....
Re: What’s Your Take On This? by davien(m): 7:21pm On Mar 09, 2019
Move in... build a second house and live peacefully, if the lady is using the house against me I move into my second house.. simple.
I may even rent the second house... I don't see a gift like this as a bad thing..
Re: What’s Your Take On This? by MissRaine69(f): 7:23pm On Mar 09, 2019
oboy81:
Hahahahahahaha Ode!
Na Nollywood you dey? grin be using Nairaland people head
Quite the contrary
I attended this wedding.
Re: What’s Your Take On This? by MissRaine69(f): 7:26pm On Mar 09, 2019
pryme:

Any real reason the husband has for not moving in?
He has his own place, it’s not modest by any means. That new wife won’t move in because she is sure, other women may have slept there and she wants a “fresh” house. His argument is he does not want to give her leverage i.e “This is my father’s house during arguments!”
Re: What’s Your Take On This? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 09, 2019
I'll accept the gift wholeheartedly,lease it out and wifey will be the beneficiary.
Re: What’s Your Take On This? by pryme(m): 9:29pm On Mar 09, 2019
MissRaine69:

He has his own place, it’s not modest by any means. That new wife won’t move in because she is sure, other women may have slept there and she wants a “fresh” house. His argument is he does not want to give her leverage i.e “This is my father’s house during arguments!”

Well there can be 2 scenarios here and both are not good,

The first one could be the wife has actually exhibited some traits that she will actually say this "this is my father’s house".
the wife may not think it's an issue, but the man does. Which means both partners are not team players.

The second could be false pride on the man's part. There is nothing wrong in letting your wife cover up where you are vulnerable - as long as she does not rub it in your face.
Re: What’s Your Take On This? by oboy81: 9:59pm On Mar 09, 2019
MissRaine69:

Quite the contrary
I attended this wedding.
Abeggi! Go Sleep Jare angry grin
How E take Consign you undecided Na your Problem undecided
Re: What’s Your Take On This? by Fidelismaria: 10:37pm On Mar 09, 2019
Nawa ooo

Black man and his ego

As for me I will accept the gift

There's nothing bad in a woman providing shelter for her man
Re: What’s Your Take On This? by Lnxxxxx(m): 10:44pm On Mar 09, 2019
Thank the father, rent the house out and the wife should keep the cash. This way the wife family wont feel bad and the guy can keep his pride.
Re: What’s Your Take On This? by MissRaine69(f): 12:35am On Mar 10, 2019
oboy81:

Abeggi! Go Sleep Jare angry grin
How E take Consign you undecided Na your Problem undecided
If you had NOTHING intelligent to contribute to the discussion say nothing. No gun was held against your head.
Re: What’s Your Take On This? by MissRaine69(f): 12:37am On Mar 10, 2019
pryme:

Well there can be 2 scenarios here and both are not good,

The first one could be the wife has actually exhibited some traits that she will actually say this "this is my father’s house".
the wife may not think it's an issue, but the man does. Which means both partners are not team players.

The second could be false pride on the man's part. There is nothing wrong in letting your wife cover up where you are vulnerable - as long as she does not rub it in your face.
You are spot on with your first comment....
Twice the wedding was postponed.
Re: What’s Your Take On This? by pryme(m): 6:53am On Mar 10, 2019
MissRaine69:

You are spot on with your first comment....
Twice the wedding was postponed.

Then why was the husband scare of making the hard decision by walking away.
I have been in such position before - I left, it turns out I dodge a bullet.
It's even more difficult for the man especially if the women is hot and beautiful as f..k.
Re: What’s Your Take On This? by zexy2030(m): 7:19am On Mar 10, 2019
MissRaine69:
I will accept the offer on this condition that document of that house is changed to my name..and not the father's then handed over like he did his daughter.
Re: What’s Your Take On This? by oboy81: 7:41am On Mar 10, 2019
MissRaine69:

If you had NOTHING intelligent to contribute to the discussion say nothing. No gun was held against your head.
E be like say Your Ogo is Turningoniown grin
Re: What’s Your Take On This? by MissRaine69(f): 10:33am On Mar 10, 2019
pryme:

Then why was the husband scare of making the hard decision by walking away.
I have been in such position before - I left, it turns out I dodge a bullet.
It's even more difficult for the man especially if the women is hot and beautiful as f..k.

The last part of your argument...... grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lady Reveals The Huge Sacrifice She Made For Her Boyfriend To Become Rich / Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me / How Do You Handle a Nymphomaniac ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.