Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,394 members, 7,815,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje (51415 Views)

Jimi Agbaje To Tinubu: There’s A Limit To Hardship Nigerians Can Endure / Jimi Agbaje wins Lagos PDP Governorship Primary / Lagos: 2019 Jimi Agbaje Joins Governorship Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by 2blessed01(m): 8:14am On Mar 11, 2019
...Noted!
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Ashinner: 8:14am On Mar 11, 2019
Why people will turn out people exposed themselves to the sun voting, at the end our vote did not count. Until the truth of presidential election is revealed,buhari and his cohort have discouraged the Masses.

1 Like

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by bencr7: 8:14am On Mar 11, 2019
Prompto:
I pray your father does not die lying Plateau state APC is leading with over 40,000 was declared inconclusive like those PDP was leading. If foolish people on NL by now do not know why election declared inconclusive that is your problem. I can not be explaining something as simple as that to foolish people repeatedly.

so with 40,000 different d election is still inconclusive

1 Like

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 11, 2019
Pascopele:
Oyo State - New governor
Lagos State - New governor
Ogun State - New governor.

Can these 3 work with Osun, Ondo & Ekiti to form a strong regional alliance to develop the SW on Education, Agriculture, Transportation & Human Capacity building without influence of godfathers?

No, we will not work with Oyo!

grin
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Laysmt001(m): 8:14am On Mar 11, 2019
Presidiotbuhari:
All igbos should not attend any church owned or Pastored by a Yoruba person.
This is where the stupidity of Nnamdi Kanu emanated from
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Sheriman(m): 8:15am On Mar 11, 2019
AgamaHub:
Real, just better luck next time.

AgamaHub in conjunction with Queens Recruit International a multinational recruitment agency for some of the biggest companies in Canada are recruiting Africans into companies in Canada.
Application and Recruitment is on a regular basis.
Queens Recruit International will help you prepare your visa and travel documents once you get recommended for a job.
Queens Recruit International will help you get the job
Queens Recruit International would not ask you for a dime to process anything.

We get the Job for you
We we process the travel documents, visa inclusive
We get you accommodation.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE
Chaaiii!!! See Another Modern type of human trafficking and Slavery...

1 Like

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by odomanis: 8:16am On Mar 11, 2019
Alapafaari:

You are a big fool. Does that mean all Yorubas share the same ideology politically with APC? Guy wise up, Yorubas are not like Ibos who see will never see anything good in APC and gullibely follow PDP.

You tried to correct the tribalist then,ended up being like him. Please let us unite,it will pay us more than all this division.
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 8:16am On Mar 11, 2019
Pascopele:
Oyo State - New governor
Lagos State - New governor
Ogun State - New governor.

Can these 3 work with Osun, Ondo & Ekiti to form a strong regional alliance to develop the SW on Education, Agriculture, Transportation & Human Capacity building without influence of godfathers?

That has always been my dream. That those basket head of governors will realize that Yoruba states need to develop together at a rapid pace. What stops the governors from linking their states to one another through the use of ultra modern trains? Inter-trade between the Yoruba states, more integration among the states in terms of employment into the civil service, power generation capabilities for the six Yoruba states, security coordination, infrastructural development assist, etc.

I wonder what they discuss in their Southwest governors' forum anyway.

1 Like

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Gandollar(f): 8:18am On Mar 11, 2019
Tflex01:
You lost because you couldn't have won in the first place. cool
The only sensible comment here so far.
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Sheriman(m): 8:18am On Mar 11, 2019
AgamaHub:
Real

AgamaHub in conjunction with Queens Recruit International a multinational recruitment agency for some of the biggest companies in Canada are recruiting Africans into companies in Canada.
Queens Recruit International will help you prepare your visa and travel documents once you get recommended for a job.

We get the Job for you

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE
See Again ooooo my People This is another Modern type of Human Trafficking and Indentured Slavery.

1 Like

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by olaolaking: 8:18am On Mar 11, 2019
Jayslicky:
You guys have started with all these your degrading talk after you claim igbos are chestbeaters, since agbaje is a yoruba man, why didn't the yorubas support your son, the truth is that people in lagos are comfortable with whoever tinubu presents for them even though less or no thing is known about him, I am sure most people don't even know sanwo-olu a year ago, I just hope sanwo-olu government wouldn't be disturbed by any godfather.

Because he didn't seek for their support. He was banking on the odzer people.

Did you know ambode before he became governor?

For the fact that you all later like ambode suggests that tinubu always pick a good candidate
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Pope22(m): 8:18am On Mar 11, 2019
honeychild:
Lol. Nezt time make sure your support base is not from the 5% peepu. As a son of the soil why should your support base be from people who can be threatened into sitting at home?
You are so proud to say that right? Where I live in my state in the east, 90% percent of students living there are Yoruba's but I give them light from my gen for free, give them water from my tank for free, any of them that comes to me for help I must render and we dont maltreat them because we love strangers and and we dont like doing anything that will make strangers in our land regret or feel intimidated for being around us even when they dont contribute anything to our living. May God bless you for being happy that Igbos are being intimidated in ur land and u are proud of it.
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by NEIGHBOUR(m): 8:19am On Mar 11, 2019
AgamaHub:
Real, just better luck next time.

We get the Job for you

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

.... and you are here suffering in Nigeria!!!
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by imam07: 8:19am On Mar 11, 2019
Presidiotbuhari:
So ibos go to church because of human being. U have also brought your hatred to the churches of God. Why not say ibos should not sell their goods to yorubas. Whenever a yoruba man comes to buy electronics in your shop don't sell to him. Abi your hatred of yorubas never reach money level?

4 Likes

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Mabpaine(m): 8:20am On Mar 11, 2019
Presidiotbuhari:
All Ndigbos should stop developing all yoruba states too and stop increasing revenue of yoruba states by working there but go to the East to work and develop there.. Dont you think that way Biafra is achieved without too much stress.. Atleast no one can force Ibos to work in yoruba states nor Fulani states

2 Likes

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:20am On Mar 11, 2019
canadastime:
Mr. Jimi you can try again next time, why you lost is because after every election you always go on hibernation until another four years instead of you to be on the government neck we won't hear anything from you again till next time.

Anyway you can still come to Canada and to raise money.
You have said it all.
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by odumessi(m): 8:24am On Mar 11, 2019
Afamed:
Customer dada nii. Come again in 2023. May God spear us beyond.

God will not spear us ọ...he will rather spare us
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Sheriman(m): 8:24am On Mar 11, 2019
NEIGHBOUR:

.... and you are here suffering in Nigeria!!!

Your family is suffering in Nigeria you this fucking human trafficker.. God go soon Catch you.. Stupid Man.
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Ingocof(m): 8:25am On Mar 11, 2019
Presidiotbuhari:

may be they shouldn't patronise shops owned by Yoruba or they shouldn't live in a house owned by a Yoruba man.
go get sense
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by soothsayer2: 8:26am On Mar 11, 2019
What you only do is to appear every four years with ur campaign of calumny inciting Igbos in Lagos against the yorubas. Promising to elevate Eze Indigbo(Igbo Leader) to the status of Oba of Lagos in the name of getting power at all cost. Indigenes of Lagos were the ones who mobilised against you. Indigenous people of Badagry, Epe, Eti-Osa & Lagos Island cannot allow their ancestral lands to end up as No Man's Land they claimed.
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by lailo: 8:27am On Mar 11, 2019
u lost bcs ur hope is d Igbo living in Lagos.They don't constitute d majority and u can never win.
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Benobute: 8:28am On Mar 11, 2019
Jk is lying .he agbaje is not serious for the election at all. All the agent of PDP in the gov election are volunteer we did not hear any things from jimi agbaje. For us in pdp grassroots in Lagos believed that jimi agbaje and his team have collected money from Tinubu.
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by xpool(m): 8:29am On Mar 11, 2019
dachilino:
Jimi Agbaje has revealed he lost the Lagos Governorship election to the All Progressives Congress, APC candidate, Babajide Sanwo-Olu. In an interview with PUNCH shortly after the result of the governorship election was announced, Jimi Agbaje who lamented the low voter turnout in Lagos State, said it was less than 20 per cent of the total number of persons that collected Permanent Voter Cards. 

He further said that  threats, coupled with the manner in which the presidential election was conducted, led to the voter apathy witnessed in the nation’s commercial nerve centre.

Jimi Agbaje also disclosed that he lost the Lagos Governorship election as many of his supporters were intimidated, and even threatened with eviction and sack if the PDP won in their areas. He added that rather than risk their lives and their livelihood, the people decided to sit at home which gave his opponent the upper hand.

“From the outset it was clear that the numbers were on our side and naturally, that was our comparable strength but the moment you had the numbers slashed, then we were at a disadvantage. The strategy of the other side was to make sure that those numbers did not come out to vote and to that extent it has worked in their favour.”“It is not good for our democracy when only about 20 per cent come out to vote. There was voter apathy because of the event that happened during the presidential election.”

https://unclesuru.com/2019/03/11/why-i-lost-the-governorship-election-jimi-agbaje/

Agbaja abi na agbajie, you are too weak and docile for Lagos election.
Lagos PDP committed a repeated blunder for selecting you again.
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by semyman: 8:30am On Mar 11, 2019
Oga respect yourself
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by IjebuWarrior: 8:30am On Mar 11, 2019
Presidiotbuhari:

They're a "Nobody", anyway, grin
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by deic9(m): 8:31am On Mar 11, 2019
Presidiotbuhari:

The problem with this is that almost 99.9% of your igbo pastors are 419
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by lailo: 8:32am On Mar 11, 2019
elotajohn1:
Since the population of Nigerians below 40 years is above 60%, I guess it's time we demand for E-voting.

Electronic system of voting for Computer literates while the normal balloting will still be an option for those that can't do E-voting.

This approach if adopted will cub the Election Wars we are witnessing now
yes u are right.But d vote buying issue will become more pronounced and will be more difficult to stop.Election will become highest bidder bcs of d high level of poverty.Easiest to buy vote in dis type of country.Biko,we aren't ripe for that.When u solve one problem,u create another one.

1 Like

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 11, 2019
Pope22:

You are so proud to say that right? Where I live in my state in the east, 90% percent of students living there are Yoruba's but I give them for free, give them water from my tank for free, any of them that comes to me for help I must render and we dont maltreat them because we love strangers and and we dont like doing anything that will make strangers in our land regret or feel intimidated for being around us even when they dont contribute anything to our living. May God bless you for being happy that Igbos are being intimidated in ur land and u are proud of it.

#yinmu.

What state is that? And what school? I'd like to confirm the area and school in the east where 90% of them are Yorubas.

1 Like

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Larryslim(m): 8:33am On Mar 11, 2019
I don't know why Jimi agbaje thinks he can win.
He didn't campaign, all he did was go on twitter and cause the igbo vs yoruba war, is that what's good for democracy?
Despite the fact that sanwoolu looked likely the winner, he still campaigned, visited media houses, radio stations.
Agbaje isn't serious at all!

1 Like

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Meliaen(f): 8:37am On Mar 11, 2019
honeychild:
Lol. Nezt time make sure your support base is not from the 5% peepu. As a son of the soil why should your support base be from people who can be threatened into sitting at home?

Good point. Beautiful logic.
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Princewillz: 8:37am On Mar 11, 2019
Kill Tinubu and win. That’s all
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by martius101(m): 8:40am On Mar 11, 2019
Presidiotbuhari:

Now I know,ur mumu never do....Igbo padtor abi?yeye sombori

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mosque Used By Boko Haram In Kogi Destroyed (Photos) / 22 APC Senators Planning To Defect To PDP - Fani-Kayode Cries / FFK: "Okorocha The Diaper-Wearing Governor Says Buhari Is Not On Life Support"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.