Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,055 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje (51420 Views)

Jimi Agbaje To Tinubu: There’s A Limit To Hardship Nigerians Can Endure / Jimi Agbaje wins Lagos PDP Governorship Primary / Lagos: 2019 Jimi Agbaje Joins Governorship Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by texazzpete(m): 8:00am On Mar 11, 2019
tsinzu:

By some kind of miraculous coincidence, every state where the PDP is doing well in the north has either been declared inconclusive or collation suspended but every state where the APC is doing well, no problem.
There are clearly laid down rules about how elections are won. You need the margin between winner and loser to surpass the number of voided votes, otherwise it is declared inconclusive. If the situation was reversed and APC was leading with a similarly small margin, it would still be declared inconclusive otherwise INEC would be taken to court.
Why are you people so determined to rig the elections? Why won’t you allow INEC do their job?
You whine about the conduct of the elections but you’re busy criticizing INEC for doing the right thing.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Prompto: 8:01am On Mar 11, 2019
I pray your father does not die lying Plateau state APC is leading with over 40,000 was declared inconclusive like those PDP was leading. If foolish people on NL by now do not know why election declared inconclusive that is your problem. I can not be explaining something as simple as that to foolish people repeatedly.

tsinzu:
What's the need of coming out to vote when your vote will not count at the end of the day? These elections were some of the worst ever. We haven't seen anything like this since the Maurice Iwu era. Very terrible
By some kind of miraculous coincidence, every state where the PDP is doing well in the north has either been declared inconclusive or collation suspended but every state where the APC is doing well, no problem. This is elections has taken us more than ten years back when we are supposed to be moving forward

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by bgossipnaija(f): 8:01am On Mar 11, 2019
We are Nigeria's fast growing car marketplace with the goal of helping car deals to sell their cars both old and new, spare parts and car accessories. At Car Mart Nigeria our passion is to build the infrastructure for commerce that allows sellers and buyers of Nigerian used and New Cars, spare parts and car accessories to exchange value quickly, cheaply and with unhindered access to independent relevant information required for decision making.

https://carmartng.com

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by skukimania(f): 8:02am On Mar 11, 2019
wellmax:
Sorry Jimi try again next time.

Kai! You are wicked. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Jayslicky: 8:02am On Mar 11, 2019
honeychild:
Lol. Nezt time make sure your support base is not from the 5% peepu. As a son of the soil why should your support base be from people who can be threatened into sitting at home?
You guys have started with all these your degrading talk after you claim igbos are chestbeaters, since agbaje is a yoruba man, why didn't the yorubas support your son, the truth is that people in lagos are comfortable with whoever tinubu presents for them even though less or no thing is known about him, I am sure most people don't even know sanwo-olu a year ago, I just hope sanwo-olu government wouldn't be disturbed by any godfather.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by capitalzero: 8:03am On Mar 11, 2019
Pascopele:
Oyo State - New governor
Lagos State - New governor
Ogun State - New governor.

Can these 3 work with Osun, Ondo & Ekiti to form a strong regional alliance to develop the SW on Education, Agriculture, Transportation & Human Capacity building without influence of godfathers?

it would not work because of tinubu. aketi, fayemi are not tinubu fans. am not sure of dapo. seyi will stay clear of him. sanwo and otetola can worship tinubu. by 2023, north will play dangerous politics that will surprise many.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Randerl: 8:03am On Mar 11, 2019
dachilino:
Jimi Agbaje has revealed he lost the Lagos Governorship election to the All Progressives Congress, APC candidate, Babajide Sanwo-Olu. In an interview with PUNCH shortly after the result of the governorship election was announced, Jimi Agbaje who lamented the low voter turnout in Lagos State, said it was less than 20 per cent of the total number of persons that collected Permanent Voter Cards. 

He further said that  threats, coupled with the manner in which the presidential election was conducted, led to the voter apathy witnessed in the nation’s commercial nerve centre.

Jimi Agbaje also disclosed that he lost the Lagos Governorship election as many of his supporters were intimidated, and even threatened with eviction and sack if the PDP won in their areas. He added that rather than risk their lives and their livelihood, the people decided to sit at home which gave his opponent the upper hand.

“From the outset it was clear that the numbers were on our side and naturally, that was our comparable strength but the moment you had the numbers slashed, then we were at a disadvantage. The strategy of the other side was to make sure that those numbers did not come out to vote and to that extent it has worked in their favour.”“It is not good for our democracy when only about 20 per cent come out to vote. There was voter apathy because of the event that happened during the presidential election.”

https://unclesuru.com/2019/03/11/why-i-lost-the-governorship-election-jimi-agbaje/

Just give an excuse for your misadventure.
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by tradepunter: 8:04am On Mar 11, 2019
Don't get brain dead of ideas to generate revenue for yourself and to start a business this year.

Join our stock and forex training for just 5k!!! Yes 5k, enough of getting cheated by brokers who charge high fees for trainings and also charge you commission by making you open an account with them.

Training will be held across training centers in Abuja, Ibadan, Ogun and Benin...

For further details call or reach us on whatsapp on.
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by ssogundele(m): 8:04am On Mar 11, 2019
Pls next time don't only appeal to just a section of the state but to all. Let your next campaign be devoid of tribal sentiment. All lagosians matters! Also, let all tribes in Lagos be your support base!

3 Likes

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Okeji(m): 8:05am On Mar 11, 2019
Lol! Do u really thought u could win lagos b4? Next time, u will learn not to rely on igbo when u are not in their state. Well, that is if u will ever have a chance tho.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Badonasty(m): 8:06am On Mar 11, 2019
dachilino:
Jimi Agbaje has revealed he lost the Lagos Governorship election to the All Progressives Congress, APC candidate, Babajide Sanwo-Olu. In an interview with PUNCH shortly after the result of the governorship election was announced, Jimi Agbaje who lamented the low voter turnout in Lagos State, said it was less than 20 per cent of the total number of persons that collected Permanent Voter Cards. 

He further said that  threats, coupled with the manner in which the presidential election was conducted, led to the voter apathy witnessed in the nation’s commercial nerve centre.

Jimi Agbaje also disclosed that he lost the Lagos Governorship election as many of his supporters were intimidated, and even threatened with eviction and sack if the PDP won in their areas. He added that rather than risk their lives and their livelihood, the people decided to sit at home which gave his opponent the upper hand.

“From the outset it was clear that the numbers were on our side and naturally, that was our comparable strength but the moment you had the numbers slashed, then we were at a disadvantage. The strategy of the other side was to make sure that those numbers did not come out to vote and to that extent it has worked in their favour.”“It is not good for our democracy when only about 20 per cent come out to vote. There was voter apathy because of the event that happened during the presidential election.”

https://unclesuru.com/2019/03/11/why-i-lost-the-governorship-election-jimi-agbaje/

Bros leave grammar...the long and short is that don't trust Igbo people

2 Likes

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 8:06am On Mar 11, 2019
dachilino:

Hahahahahahahaha Next Level Lagos no de joke. One love

1 Like

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 11, 2019
elotajohn1:
Since the population of Nigerians below 40 years is above 60%, I guess it's time we demand for E-voting.

Electronic system of voting for Computer literates while the normal balloting will still be an option for those that can't do E-voting.

This approach if adopted will cub the Election Wars we are witnessing now
easier to rig. Just programmer the data na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by saintneo(m): 8:07am On Mar 11, 2019
Presidiotbuhari:
All igbos should not attend any church owned or Pastored by a Yoruba person.

Stop this nonsense.

Did any true believer join in the harassment?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 8:08am On Mar 11, 2019
Pascopele:
Oyo State - New governor
Lagos State - New governor
Ogun State - New governor.

Can these 3 work with Osun, Ondo & Ekiti to form a strong regional alliance to develop the SW on Education, Agriculture, Transportation & Human Capacity building without influence of godfathers?
oh u think they care about u and i?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by cheango: 8:08am On Mar 11, 2019
One day Lagos will be freed from slavery

1 Like

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by elotajohn1(m): 8:09am On Mar 11, 2019
Joromi12:
easier to rig. Just programmer the data na
Using intranet accept if INEC will always remain dependent
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Jolite(m): 8:09am On Mar 11, 2019
Election of selections and compenciation of the main opposition party with few states. Only in nigeria.
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 11, 2019
Presidiotbuhari:

Lol. Your god nnamdi kanu already gave that directive years ago. Say something else.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 11, 2019
elotajohn1:

Using intranet accept if INEC will always remain dependent
so what of the back end Abeg its more easy to rig

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Gandollar(f): 8:10am On Mar 11, 2019
oluseyiforjesus:
Keep trying Sir
Otogeee for Jimmy and Ogboru abeg.
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by AntiWailer: 8:11am On Mar 11, 2019
U are a serial loser and a lazy politician.

An opportunist who will crawl back to his cave and make another attempt in 2023.

You will concentrate on your drug supply contract to Lagos Hospitals and come back to pitch tribes against themselves

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by twilliamx(m): 8:11am On Mar 11, 2019
Presidiotbuhari:
Good! It will reduce the number of morally bankrupt people coming to church

3 Likes

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by chukwuibuipob: 8:11am On Mar 11, 2019
sad sad Pa Bode George go shop for anoda customer. Just pray U nor owe ur staff/close ur "chemist shop"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by okus17: 8:12am On Mar 11, 2019
Presidiotbuhari:
I'm sure you're insane.. Idiot spilling rubbish
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by akdjr(m): 8:12am On Mar 11, 2019
Go and read history of how election was conducted in 1999,2003,2007 and 2011 before you make comments. I was an ANPP agent during 2007 election when the security agent were ask to chase all opposition party agent from collation center that it was an instruction from Mr. Fix it. I ran through catholic cemetery for safety that night. Election ended at about 2pm and PDP claimed election were still ongoing at 1am just to perfect some fake results, we kick against it and they ordered security men guiding INEC to chase us out of the office including our supporters outside.[author=tsinzu post=76546681]What's the need of coming out to vote when your vote will not count at the end of the day? These elections were some of the worst ever. We haven't seen anything like this since the Maurice Iwu era. Very terrible
By some kind of miraculous coincidence, every state where the PDP is doing well in the north has either been declared inconclusive or collation suspended but every state where the APC is doing well, no problem. This is elections has taken us more than ten years back when we are supposed to be moving forward[/quote]
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 11, 2019
Presidiotbuhari:
You are a big fool. Does that mean all Yorubas share the same ideology politically with APC? Guy wise up, Yorubas are not like Ibos who see will never see anything good in APC and gullibely follow PDP.
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:13am On Mar 11, 2019
Presidiotbuhari:

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by oweman: 8:13am On Mar 11, 2019
[quote author=donstan18 post=76546759]You lost because your tribesmen are too tribalistic.

You also lost because your tribesmen finds it difficult not to worship Tinubu.[

NO SIR you are wrong .

He lost because Lagosians cant begin to align with the pdp remembering what pdp did to lahos during obadanjo tenure and the ownership of pdp mow by the Igbo people eith thier lsgosbeing s no msnd land mentslity by the ibo's resident in Lagos .

1 Like

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by odomanis: 8:14am On Mar 11, 2019
Presidiotbuhari:

Please respect yourself. What's this ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sylvia Ekweremadu Stuns In Bikini (Photos) / INEC Suspends The Announcement Of Results In Akpabio's Senatorial District / Lagos APC; Sanwo-olu Reacts After Ambode's Allegations Against Him. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.