Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje (51416 Views)

Jimi Agbaje To Tinubu: There’s A Limit To Hardship Nigerians Can Endure / Jimi Agbaje wins Lagos PDP Governorship Primary / Lagos: 2019 Jimi Agbaje Joins Governorship Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Akolawole(m): 8:41am On Mar 11, 2019
elotajohn1:
Since the population of Nigerians below 40 years is above 60%, I guess it's time we demand for E-voting.

Electronic system of voting for Computer literates while the normal balloting will still be an option for those that can't do E-voting.

This approach if adopted will cub the Election Wars we are witnessing now
Most people that votes are always illiterates. Educated elements shout on the Internet.

1 Like

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by tsinzu: 8:43am On Mar 11, 2019
akdjr:
Go and read history of how election was conducted in 1999,2003,2007 and 2011 before you make comments. I was an ANPP agent during 2007 election when the security agent were ask to chase all opposition party agent from collation center that it was an instruction from Mr. Fix it. I ran through catholic cemetery for safety that night. Election ended at about 2pm and PDP claimed election were still ongoing at 1am just to perfect some fake results, we kick against it and they ordered security men guiding INEC to chase us out of the office including our supporters outside.[author=tsinzu post=76546681]What's the need of coming out to vote when your vote will not count at the end of the day? These elections were some of the worst ever. We haven't seen anything like this since the Maurice Iwu era. Very terrible
By some kind of miraculous coincidence, every state where the PDP is doing well in the north has either been declared inconclusive or collation suspended but every state where the APC is doing well, no problem. This is elections has taken us more than ten years back when we are supposed to be moving forward
So we should continue doing the wrong thing because some people also did the wrong thing in the past?
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Ajeyo(m): 8:43am On Mar 11, 2019
Igbos not to attend 'Yoruba' church?,You are just a terible person.

1 Like

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Gandollar(f): 8:47am On Mar 11, 2019
Afamed:
Customer dada nii. Come again in 2023. May God spear us beyond.
Lol @Spear cheesy
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by cyrilamx(m): 8:49am On Mar 11, 2019
bencr7:
so with 40,000 different d election is still inconclusive
Yes Apc is ahead of PDP with over 40k in Plateau State, but that number is less than cancelled vote hence it was declared inconclusive
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by koladebrainiac(m): 8:51am On Mar 11, 2019
You lost because you did not campaign. U only campaigned on twitter

1 Like

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by AllenSpencer: 8:55am On Mar 11, 2019
elotajohn1:
Since the population of Nigerians below 40 years is above 60%, I guess it's time we demand for E-voting.

Electronic system of voting for Computer literates while the normal balloting will still be an option for those that can't do E-voting.

This approach if adopted will cub the Election Wars we are witnessing now

E voting is not secured. It can be hacked. Many developed countries don't even use it. E.g UK

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by mfm04622: 8:59am On Mar 11, 2019
tsinzu:
What's the need of coming out to vote when your vote will not count at the end of the day? These elections were some of the worst ever. We haven't seen anything like this since the Maurice Iwu era. Very terrible
By some kind of miraculous coincidence, every state where the PDP is doing well in the north has either been declared inconclusive or collation suspended but every state where the APC is doing well, no problem. This is elections has taken us more than ten years back when we are supposed to be moving forward

Stop lying!!!

This is the NATURAL progression of things. We should have expected this. This is NOT INEC's fault! Blame the society in general and the politicians especially. This system is designed to counter ballot stuffing and ensure transparency. The election have been transparent. We can all follow the result from PU to ward to LG collation centre to wherever we want. Parties can know within hours of election closing how they did. That is transparency! The card reader addressed the ballot box stuffing by ensuring vote cast cannot be more than accredited voters. So what we are seeing is politicians still trying to game the system. How can we blame INEC for that? There are only 2 ways presently to rig elections. 1) Buy votes 2) Cause trouble in areas you expect to lose so the votes in such areas will not count. INEC cannot address these two issues. The security agencies have tried to curb vote buying in this election. As for violence, except we want to deceive ourselves, we do not have enough security agents to counter politicians ready to use violence for election. In addition, people have been blaming INEC for inconclusive elections. INEC should be praised for inconclusive elections! Inconclusive elections mean the election was very competitive and there was no mago mago. We should realise we started experiencing this when card readers was introduced.
What I will blame INEC for is still their poor logistics, discarding trained ad-hoc staff for untrained ones.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by frowland(m): 9:03am On Mar 11, 2019
tsinzu:
What's the need of coming out to vote when your vote will not count at the end of the day? These elections were some of the worst ever. We haven't seen anything like this since the Maurice Iwu era. Very terrible!!

Excuses!!! But votes are currently counting in Kano, Plateau, Bauchi, Oyo, Adamawa, even benue, and so on and so forth. Please even if all football playing lagosians come out to vote, APC will still win.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by temmychic(f): 9:03am On Mar 11, 2019
tysontim:
The igbos were divided.

One side decided to support Tinubu cus of Igbokwe and Uba factor (don't underestimate Igbokwe he has been Yorubatized)

The other side didn't come out because of threats.
Tinubu is Lagos Lagos is Tinubu, if he continues to give others a chance in govt even d igbos then his reign won't end soon.

Congrats to the igbo that won HOA

Like other tribes can become HOA in the east abi?
Lagos is south west. They should go and have the chance in Aba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by wifeesnatcher(m): 9:06am On Mar 11, 2019
donstan18:
You lost because your tribesmen are too tribalistic.

You also lost because your tribesmen finds it difficult not to worship Tinubu.

you think politics is this nonsense you'd cooked up in romance section anupam

jimi lost because he believe Igbo that are lesser than Hausas in number would elect him. you can't play tribalism and religion politics in Yoruba land and win.

Yorubas will vote you whether you're Christian or Muslim and of course no one will against another tribe emerging as Lagos Governor even Tinubu that redress the constitution of political inclusion would have love Igbo to be Governor one day but the way Igbo believe that have say in Lagos politics had draw them far back for that reality to happen

as it stand now PDP can never rule Lagos. jimi lost because of his party inability to checkmate the incumbent govt for good 4years, checkmating them build their stand as opposition in Lagos political empire

secondly jimi showing face every 4years didn't help matter

thirdly, jimi believing Igbo that have the least PVC in Lagos would elect him

jimi that's not a grassroot politician is bent on playing tribalism politics at the detriment of his people. he killed his political career in 2015 and bury it in 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Honor10: 9:09am On Mar 11, 2019
tsinzu:
What's the need of coming out to vote when your vote will not count at the end of the day? These elections were some of the worst ever. We haven't seen anything like this since the Maurice Iwu era. Very terrible!!

What about kano that PDP is winning presently? their votes is not counting too? get sense now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by WETTMAN(m): 9:10am On Mar 11, 2019
na lie jo
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by olajide8(m): 9:11am On Mar 11, 2019
Pascopele:
Oyo State - New governor
Lagos State - New governor
Ogun State - New governor.

Can these 3 work with Osun, Ondo & Ekiti to form a strong regional alliance to develop the SW on Education, Agriculture, Transportation & Human Capacity building without influence of godfathers?

Oyo is the traitor in the mix now- it would be difficult to integrate the whole S.W when one state belongs to a different party- with a different ideology - oduduwa investments was frustrated by fayose - if you can remember at the meeting held in ibadan where he came in one useless agbada, he didn't allow the plan go as schedule as there was supposed to be a regional plan launch, when they wanted to bring it back- so, as far as there is one opposition governor in the midst of the others - he would always go in another direction* in 4yrs we would assess seyi makinde

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by lavenjcrown(m): 9:12am On Mar 11, 2019
Jim Jim... Hmm.
You are just like Lagos city marathon where naija never wins than people from kenya... Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by SheikhMuniru(m): 9:12am On Mar 11, 2019
IGBO PEOPLE ARE AFRAID TO COME OUT AND VOTE BECAUSE OF AGBERO MC-OLUOMO AND HIS BOYS
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Stone03: 9:29am On Mar 11, 2019
dachilino:
Jimi Agbaje has revealed he lost the Lagos Governorship election to the All Progressives Congress, APC candidate, Babajide Sanwo-Olu. In an interview with PUNCH shortly after the result of the governorship election was announced, Jimi Agbaje who lamented the low voter turnout in Lagos State, said it was less than 20 per cent of the total number of persons that collected Permanent Voter Cards. 

He further said that  threats, coupled with the manner in which the presidential election was conducted, led to the voter apathy witnessed in the nation’s commercial nerve centre.

Jimi Agbaje also disclosed that he lost the Lagos Governorship election as many of his supporters were intimidated, and even threatened with eviction and sack if the PDP won in their areas. He added that rather than risk their lives and their livelihood, the people decided to sit at home which gave his opponent the upper hand.

“From the outset it was clear that the numbers were on our side and naturally, that was our comparable strength but the moment you had the numbers slashed, then we were at a disadvantage. The strategy of the other side was to make sure that those numbers did not come out to vote and to that extent it has worked in their favour.”“It is not good for our democracy when only about 20 per cent come out to vote. There was voter apathy because of the event that happened during the presidential election.”

https://unclesuru.com/2019/03/11/why-i-lost-the-governorship-election-jimi-agbaje/

Nigeria should be improving along with the western nations we copy their lifestyle but the reverse is the case. Threatening people not to come out and vote with eviction is another evil I pray it doesn't get to our nerves. Since the emergence of this APC, election has been likened to war. This is a disappointment from the leading African nation.
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by FBIL: 9:37am On Mar 11, 2019
The 5% became so powerful in Lagos and elsewhere such that Tinubu, Sanwo Olu had to resort to threats, intimidation, killing and even lobbying with promises and calling Orji-Uzo Kalu and Ifeanyi Uba to help. When a people are economically and educationally strong, call them any derogatory names at your own peril.
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by arrestdarrester: 9:40am On Mar 11, 2019
GEJ (a Southerner) appointed Jega (a Northerner) who took INEC and Nigeria two steps forward and now by the nepotistic appointment of Bubu this Chairman has taken INEC and Nigeria ten steps backward.

There was no militarization of the North in 2015 elections. Now there was heavy militarization of the South in 2019. This, to the extent the military and police were fighting over securing INEC Office in Rivers from Collation Officers who came to turn in their numbers.

The price we must pay for freedom is eternal vigilance. Nigerians should get ready to sleep with one eye closed...
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Bimpe29: 9:47am On Mar 11, 2019
Oga Jimi, enough is enough. It seems you are not good match to Sanwo-olu and your pre election campaigns were not good enough to attract votes of the less than 20% voters that came out for ballot.
O to gee, give another aspirant chance to fly PDP's flag come 2023.
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Skyeplus(m): 9:49am On Mar 11, 2019
whats your point and stop blowing grammar

prince3009:
How the economy of Lagos, Ogun and Osun continues to be under the anal crevice of one man and "they" allow it seems to be mind boggling undecided

Oh...i get it...it is because of the photo below. Some people depend on their daily livelihoods by standing and sitting in front of the gate of bourdillion just to get as little as N200.

Go to the houses of people like Authur Eze, Ifeanyi Uba etc. My people can never degrade themselves to stand in front of the gates of these men to get peanuts!

Total reliance and dependency on a fellow man who is politically and socially manipulating others in his enclave is all about "sufferstikation" and not "sophistication"

But unfortunately, these people would rather remain "sufferstikated" than emancipated simply because another tribe they loathe is in alliance with the person who wants to emancipate them!
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Xisnin(m): 9:49am On Mar 11, 2019
prince3009:

Go to the houses of people like Authur Eze, Ifeanyi Uba etc. My people can never degrade themselves to stand in front of the gates of these men to get peanuts!
You are a fool and a liar.
Beggars troop the houses of those you mentioned when they are available.
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 11, 2019
accept defeat and stop weeping.
tell your brother to improve customer care services at his bank.
you dont expect upset customers to come and vote for you.
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by tysontim(m): 9:52am On Mar 11, 2019
temmychic:

Like other tribes can become HOA in the east abi?
Lagos is south west. They should go and have the chance in Aba

Yorubas voted every wia they were, including d east. A Yoruba came out in Abuja he came second. U cant stop anyone that has d population to contest, igbos won councillor position in Kano last time.

Any yoruba is free to contest in Aba
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 11, 2019
Ajeyo:
Igbos not to attend 'Yoruba' church?,You are just a terible person.

why na, you hate igbos but love their money eh?

too bad.
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Ntente(m): 9:57am On Mar 11, 2019
What is VTU technology?
VTU means virtual-top-up

A technology that enables u to have direct access to the Telecom companies around the world
Have u ever asked urself why banks now sells airtime and data everyday in all their channels?
Were they into recharge card selling 5 to 6 yrs ago?the answer is "NO".

U Dnt make money from this sector because u dnt have a VTU e-wallet account

I want to introduce u to a telecommunication company that gives u the opportunity to have your personal VTU account and by doing all that banks and major distributors are doing to generate massive money from the Telecom industry
The name of the telecommunication company is *Recharge and get paid. Copy and past the link below in your whatsapp to join the trend.

https:///HqynURqPF2NHf5wTnv5i2S
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Omololu2121: 10:01am On Mar 11, 2019
capitalzero:

it would not work because of tinubu. aketi, fayemi are not tinubu fans. am not sure of dapo. seyi will stay clear of him. sanwo and otetola can worship tinubu. by 2023, north will play dangerous politics that will surprise many.
I wander why some of you yeebos see northerners as god grin

Gej defeated a northern candidate in 2011 and PDP will zone the presidency to the south
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 11, 2019
Skyeplus:

whats your point and stop blowing grammar

That's the problem.

People like you will never see my point because you are Asiwaju's "Yes man".
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 11, 2019
Xisnin:

You are a fool and a liar.
Beggars troop the houses of those you mentioned when they are available.

And photos of them never surfaced online unlike your "Lagos god" whose compound was littered with sufferstikated beggars waiting for the bullion van to offload it's contents.

Continue deceiving yourself
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by jaymichael(m): 10:21am On Mar 11, 2019
Jayslicky:
You guys have started with all these your degrading talk after you claim igbos are chestbeaters, since agbaje is a yoruba man, why didn't the yorubas support your son, the truth is that people in lagos are comfortable with whoever tinubu presents for them even though less or no thing is known about him, I am sure most people don't even know sanwo-olu a year ago, I just hope sanwo-olu government wouldn't be disturbed by any godfather.
It wasn't even Tinubu that brought out Samwo-olu. It was the party elders that pointed out that he is the man they want. Tinubu has no personal issues with Ambode. APC governors, PMB, Osinbajo, Baba Bisi Akande all pleaded for Ambode but the elders of the party in Lagos state remained adamant and even threatened to leave the party for him qnd Ambode, so Tinubu had no choice than to support the candidate they presented.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Barzinime(m): 10:27am On Mar 11, 2019
I hope you are not living in the same lagos?
If so you can go back to your home town and be free
You want to send lagosians back to stone age under pdp but it wont work, let them finish their national secretariat first then we can think about allowing them.
grin grin
prince3009:
How the economy of Lagos, Ogun and Osun continues to be under the anal crevice of one man and "they" allow it seems to be mind boggling undecided

Oh...i get it...it is because of the photo below. Some people depend on their daily livelihoods by standing and sitting in front of the gate of bourdillion just to get as little as N200.

Total reliance and dependency on a fellow man who is politically and socially manipulating others in his enclave is all about "sufferstikation" and not "sophistication"

But unfortunately, these people would rather remain "sufferstikated" than emancipated simply because another tribe they loathe is in alliance with the person who wants to emancipate them!

1 Like

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by capitalzero: 10:37am On Mar 11, 2019
Omololu2121:
I wander why some of you yeebos see northerners as god grin

Gej defeated a northern candidate in 2011 and PDP will zone the presidency to the south

olodo. gbogbo omo ipinle oyo to dibo fun pdp je Igbo abi? ibadan is political headquarter of south west. 18million mumus in lagos should keep worshiping tinugod.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mosque Used By Boko Haram In Kogi Destroyed (Photos) / 22 APC Senators Planning To Defect To PDP - Fani-Kayode Cries / FFK: "Okorocha The Diaper-Wearing Governor Says Buhari Is Not On Life Support"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.