Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,426 members, 7,815,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje (51417 Views)

Jimi Agbaje To Tinubu: There’s A Limit To Hardship Nigerians Can Endure / Jimi Agbaje wins Lagos PDP Governorship Primary / Lagos: 2019 Jimi Agbaje Joins Governorship Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by BABANGBALI: 10:48am On Mar 11, 2019
Agbaje Igbo born politician the serial loser
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by seguno2: 10:54am On Mar 11, 2019
Pascopele:
Oyo State - New governor
Lagos State - New governor
Ogun State - New governor.

Can these 3 work with Osun, Ondo & Ekiti to form a strong regional alliance to develop the SW on Education, Agriculture, Transportation & Human Capacity building without influence of godfathers?

You are too late to the party.
Have you not heard of the Development Agenda for Western Nigeria, DAWN
Maybe Tinubu and his fellow APC rogues just used it to steal the people’s money?

1 Like

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 11, 2019
tsinzu:
What's the need of coming out to vote when your vote will not count at the end of the day? These elections were some of the worst ever. We haven't seen anything like this since the Maurice Iwu era. Very terrible!!
By some kind of miraculous coincidence, every state where the PDP is doing well in the north has either been declared inconclusive or collation suspended but every state where the APC is doing well, no problem. This is elections has taken us more than ten years back when we are supposed to be moving forward

Hmm, another food for thought.
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by jaxxy(m): 11:05am On Mar 11, 2019
prince3009:
How the economy of Lagos, Ogun and Osun continues to be under the anal crevice of one man and "they" allow it seems to be mind boggling undecided

Oh...i get it...it is because of the photo below. Some people depend on their daily livelihoods by standing and sitting in front of the gate of bourdillion just to get as little as N200.

Go to the houses of people like Authur Eze, Ifeanyi Uba etc. My people can never degrade themselves to stand in front of the gates of these men to get peanuts!

Total reliance and dependency on a fellow man who is politically and socially manipulating others in his enclave is all about "sufferstikation" and not "sophistication"

But unfortunately, these people would rather remain "sufferstikated" than emancipated simply because another tribe they loathe is in alliance with the person who wants to emancipate them!

It’s not that people worship tinubu he has brought out credible people to succeed him and that’s what has kept him relevant. If saraki had done same I’m 100% sure he can’t be ejected from kwara bt he didn’t.

Jimi agbaje wasn’t a good alternative that’s why people still voted for Apc. If Apc keeps developing Lagos at a better rate they will remain in power.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Omololu2121: 11:11am On Mar 11, 2019
capitalzero:

olodo. gbogbo omo ipinle oyo to dibo fun pdp je Igbo abi? ibadan is political headquarter of south west. 18million mumus in lagos should keep worshiping tinugod.
go back and read the reason i quoted you.

Now make sure you read and understand before writing replying.
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by enigma2007(m): 11:25am On Mar 11, 2019
Gandollar:
Jimi should shut up his dirty mouth. You Lost because you are not a serious contender.

What kind of opposition goes to bed after every election only to reappear after 4yrs?

With the magnitude of corruption going on in Alausa, PDP could not leverage them to whittle APCs power in that state. A credible opposition will keep his eyes on the ball 24/7 whether election is near or not.

APC won't allow you to erect bill boards, so you have to do your work on foot! Door to door, grassroots to grassroots! Upset the apple cart. Rock the boat. Horse-trade. Blackmail. Plant moles.

But Truth is, Lagos PDP are under Tinubu's payroll and that's why they can't get serious.

You nailed it with the highlighted portion.. PDP is dead arnd my end, i am sure Accord party will beat PDP black and blue arnd my end.

Jimi was never really a contender by the way, e.g. He alleged that his billboards was destroyed blah blah, what happened to his online presence? or other means of reaching out.. I doubt that he even campaigned on the mainland..
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by 27Pushing30: 11:40am On Mar 11, 2019
elotajohn1:
Since the population of Nigerians below 40 years is above 60%, I guess it's time we demand for E-voting.

Electronic system of voting for Computer literates while the normal balloting will still be an option for those that can't do E-voting.

This approach if adopted will cub the Election Wars we are witnessing now

Actually it won’t curb the war but it’ll at least increase voter participation... cos tbh I no get power to go meet the uncertainties at Pooling booths
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by madjune(m): 12:41pm On Mar 11, 2019
Serial loser.

Go retire.
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Bobnotrouble: 12:49pm On Mar 11, 2019
You lost probably because Lagos is NOT a Nomansland as acclaimed by some clueless fellas!

1 Like

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by APCsupporter: 1:01pm On Mar 11, 2019
tsinzu:
What's the need of coming out to vote when your vote will not count at the end of the day? These elections were some of the worst ever. We haven't seen anything like this since the Maurice Iwu era. Very terrible!!
By some kind of miraculous coincidence, every state where the PDP is doing well in the north has either been declared inconclusive or collation suspended but every state where the APC is doing well, no problem. This is elections has taken us more than ten years back when we are supposed to be moving forward

What about plateau state? Maybe you need education on what an inconclusive election is.

1 Like

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by efilefun(m): 1:07pm On Mar 11, 2019
Pascopele:
Oyo State - New governor
Lagos State - New governor
Ogun State - New governor.

Can these 3 work with Osun, Ondo & Ekiti to form a strong regional alliance to develop the SW on Education, Agriculture, Transportation & Human Capacity building without influence of godfathers?
Unfortunately NO they are more concerned about their pockets
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by deomelo: 1:38pm On Mar 11, 2019
Ode, instead of campaigning against Sanwo Olu your opponent, you campaigned against Tinubu who was not on the ballot and the ethnic and trib baiting scheme with cheap ibo votes united Yoruba APC and PDP Lagosians against you.

Just shut up and go back to your alabukun pharmacy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Presidiotbuhari: 1:57pm On Mar 11, 2019
saintneo:

Stop this nonsense.

Did any true believer join in the harassment?

Yes the Yoruba Pastor in my compound supported the harassment of Igbo traders in Oshodi by mc Oluomo and his gang.
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Presidiotbuhari: 2:16pm On Mar 11, 2019
deic9:

The problem with this is that almost 99.9% of your igbo pastors are 419

Yes, u are right likewise Igbos are 419
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Presidiotbuhari: 2:31pm On Mar 11, 2019
deic9:

The problem with this is that almost 99.9% of your igbo pastors are 419
Yes, u are right likewise Igbos are 419 and should desist from attending all Yoruba Churches like RCCG, Winners, DEE
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by omogidi234(m): 2:37pm On Mar 11, 2019
elotajohn1:
Since the population of Nigerians below 40 years is above 60%, I guess it's time we demand for E-voting.

Electronic system of voting for Computer literates while the normal balloting will still be an option for those that can't do E-voting.

This approach if adopted will cub the Election Wars we are witnessing now

No option please! Everything must be electronic. NBA had an election in 2018. All the lawyers who voted did Online.

Although, there could be hacking but you can be sure you are prepared for them as against having thousands of polling booth where people hijack ballot boxes, kill maim etc!
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 11, 2019
I voted for Jimi i do not regret it but what shall it profit those that vote for the current man and watch his neighbor suffer because of you voted for someone that give you 1k and starve 75% population well if there is God there is also Thunder and Cancer I bet you can't escape all.
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Vinstel: 5:12pm On Mar 11, 2019
Honor10:

What about kano that PDP is winning presently? their votes is not counting too? get sense now
Now that kano has also been suspended, when will you go and get sense?
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Vinstel: 5:14pm On Mar 11, 2019
frowland:

Excuses!!! But votes are currently counting in Kano, Plateau, Bauchi, Oyo, Adamawa, even benue, and so on and so forth. Please even if all football playing lagosians come out to vote, APC will still win.
All those states you mentioned with the exception of Oyo have all been declared inconclusive by INEC. Not good
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by frowland(m): 5:44pm On Mar 11, 2019
Vinstel:

All those states you mentioned with the exception of Oyo have all been declared inconclusive by INEC. Not good

Actually it is a good thing in the real sense of it... I think this inconclusive elections actually shows a good trend; that peoples votes is actually counting but not 100% effective yet.
How can you declare Tambuwal as winner with 4k votes when there was more than 75k votes cancelled?
How can you declare PDP in Bauchi winner when there is more than 60k votes on the line and the margin is 3k+?
Plateau state also was inconclusive but the APC man margin of victory is 40k+ the cancelled vote is also more than 40k I dont see PDP winning
Benue is also inconclusive but the margin of victory is Huge 80+ but the cancelled vote is more than 80k here and I dont see APC winning.

Look if this trend is not maintained, what will happen is, where I am winning I will maintain peace and where I am loosing I will disrupt the process and cause commotion so the votes will be cancelled and I will be declared winner. You must see the logic in declaring this as inconclusive as a positive to the system than negative.
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by honeychild(f): 6:45pm On Mar 11, 2019
Pope22:

You are so proud to say that right? Where I live in my state in the east, 90% percent of students living there are Yoruba's but I give them light from my gen for free, give them water from my tank for free, any of them that comes to me for help I must render and we dont maltreat them because we love strangers and and we dont like doing anything that will make strangers in our land regret or feel intimidated for being around us even when they dont contribute anything to our living. May God bless you for being happy that Igbos are being intimidated in ur land and u are proud of it.

Do those students tell you they now own your school because they are 90%?
Do they tell you they will decide your next Igwe because they are 90%? What am I saying sef. Do they tell you they will decide the next youth president of your community?
Has any of those students come out to contest for youth president because they are majority?
Learn to know your boundaries and everyone will live in peace.
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by SillyMods: 6:50pm On Mar 11, 2019
tsinzu:
Bitter soul, you're in syfia pain.

2019 elections have been the best in our history so far. If not, PDP would not have won in Oyo, Kano and other APC strongholds. Syfia pains kill you.
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by kmaster007: 7:27pm On Mar 11, 2019
And you lost because ur regular customer....
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 11, 2019
Barzinime:
I hope you are not living in the same lagos?
If so you can go back to your home town and be free
You want to send lagosians back to stone age under pdp but it wont work, let them finish their national secretariat first then we can think about allowing them.
grin grin

I am not living and can never live in Lagos!
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Validfacts: 6:34am On Mar 12, 2019
tysontim:

Yorubas voted every wia they were, including d east. A Yoruba came out in Abuja he came second. U cant stop anyone that has d population to contest, igbos won councillor position in Kano last time.

Any yoruba is free to contest in Aba

ogbeni shut up joor. Look at this smelling maggot self. He just asked u question and u re writing epistle.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

22 APC Senators Planning To Defect To PDP - Fani-Kayode Cries / FFK: "Okorocha The Diaper-Wearing Governor Says Buhari Is Not On Life Support" / Igala People Of Kogi State Protesting..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.