Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,470 members, 7,830,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Which Is Appropriate? Being Ethical Or Moral. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Which Is Appropriate? Being Ethical Or Moral. (3066 Views)

Sex Will Make Your Relationship Stronger Only At The Appropriate Time / What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? / What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is Appropriate? Being Ethical Or Moral. by zipper003: 4:19am On Sep 03, 2010
michelin89:

@ poster

You aren't ethical youself by posting confidential info on a public forum.

well, ! i really appreciate all the comments that have being made and diverse Angles through which one could view this very sensitive and life determining issues such as these, and whether we like it or not one day you'll find-out that what i'm talking about isn't Sci-Fix, but reality.

And talking about sharing confidential info on a public forum, i'm abit sad to hear u pass a comment like that however i'm not offended, and just to let you know that 90% of what u watch on Tv in form of films are true life stories with the characters being changed. i.e names. location. sex. etc. ctc,

when we say use the Condom during Sex if u don't intend to be faithful to ur spouse, there are reasons for we saying that and those who defaulted now agree with our earlier advice as to the rational for our action and clinical advice,  and that is part of why there are so many NGO's with convincing stories as to why we need a HIV-Free Generation.

sylve11:

i find it difficult to believe the stories . . . . Mr. Doc. sad tongue cool

I can understand if u find it difficult to believe me,  The blunt truth is that the most-successfull marrages today are built on LIES AND FALSEHOOD, because if you knew what your wife or your husband told their respective physicians in confidence! i can assure you that you'll use your bare-hands and kill them.

If Satan new all of God Almighty Secrets the Coup Attempt in Heaven would have being a very successfull One, but it failed because Lucifier alias Satan had a deficiency of certain vital information that would have being crucial to his success,

So my dear these aren't Just stories I've being a health-care provider in field of Obstetrics And Gynaecology for more than 21yrs now and u will not want to know what i'm told in confidence by people that u have so-much respect for, but that isn't the issue here but how the right choices can be made that result in saving peoples lives and not sending them to their graves early, men and women have either being Doomed for life or Made by certain decisions that they took or have taken,

NOW Here is what happened,
This lady was so incenced and vexed about the idea of a 2nd wife coming into the house and she couldn't stand it! and as far as she was concerned the was only one option left to her. when it was close to the arranged wedding between Alhaji and his new bride who was carrying a pregnancy that was surpossed to be for him.! The wife @ home one Quiet evening came into the Alhaji's room and confessed to him the whole truth as to how she had arranged with the Doctor in the 1st place, and 2ndly how those two children that he thinks are his children aren't really his children but belong to his best friend! which means that this woman coming from outside with a pregnancy claming him, Alhaji as the father was all a "pack of lies". and that he was Impotent and could never have a child of his own,

Alhaji calmly sat in amazement as to how his entire life had being a dream, well! after she had concluded her elaborate explaination he stood-up and told his wife that he was going out briefly and that he'll soon be back, my dear readers till date that you are reading what i'm telling you, Alhaji is yet to return home, The Children who were in Expensive schools got withdrawn because the mother couldn't afford their school fees, she also couldn't afford to pay the house rent and eventually got evicted, one by one the cars broke down and got ruined because of same reason "no money". Today this woman is living in the true defination of poverty and sadly she is not receiving much sympathy.

One interpretation is if she had kept her mouth shut, maybe her life would have taken a different turn. and instead of being selfish and trying to gain the whole world eventually lost everything! well. off-course her life was spared.

I just hope that God in his infinate wisdom would enable us to make the right choices, decisions and deliver us from the spirit of Error. Amen
Re: Which Is Appropriate? Being Ethical Or Moral. by Nobody: 5:28am On Sep 03, 2010
zipper003:

NOW Here is what happened,
This lady was so incenced and vexed about the idea of a 2nd wife coming into the house and she couldn't stand it! and as far as she was concerned the was only one option left to her. when it was close to the arranged wedding between Alhaji and his new bride who was carrying a pregnancy that was surpossed to be for him.! The wife @ home one Quiet evening came into the Alhaji's room and confessed to him the whole truth as to how she had arranged with the Doctor in the 1st place, and 2ndly how those two children that he thinks are his children aren't really his children but belong to his best friend! which means that this woman coming from outside with a pregnancy claming him, Alhaji as the father was all a "pack of lies". and that he was Impotent and could never have a child of his own,

Alhaji calmly sat in amazement as to how his entire life had being a dream, well! after she had concluded her elaborate explaination he stood-up and told his wife that he was going out briefly and that he'll soon be back, my dear readers till date that you are reading what i'm telling you, Alhaji is yet to return home, The Children who were in Expensive schools got withdrawn because the mother couldn't afford their school fees, she also couldn't afford to pay the house rent and eventually got evicted, one by one the cars broke down and got ruined because of same reason "no money". Today this woman is living in the true defination of poverty and sadly she is not receiving much sympathy.

One interpretation is if she had kept her mouth shut, maybe her life would have taken a different turn. and instead of being selfish and trying to gain the whole world eventually lost everything! well. off-course her life was spared.

that Alhaji sounds more like me, just quietly leave the scene and let justice take its toll,   cheesy

She spit it out herself, so morality and ethics is not an issue here,  smiley

Missy B:

Not always the case, I'D say.
Had that lab scientist not agreed to the woman's request [hence, been ethical], she probably would have :
1-Found another way to keep her husband in the dark about her HIV status,
2- Gotten married to him anyways, and
3- Still gone to the OP to voice her problems.

Consequentially, the Op would have, in any case, still been in this position of choosing between being moral or ethical.

Definitely!

and it would still boil down to the same story,

zipper003 should not base his own decisions on someone else failed responsibilities or inactions, The lab attendant involvement was just a prop in the

story not a defining moment of the issue at hand,
Re: Which Is Appropriate? Being Ethical Or Moral. by Goldenmeda(m): 8:53am On Sep 03, 2010
MR STORY TELLER, I THINK DIS SHOULD BE CONFIDENCIAL, I DONT KNOW Y U CAME HERE NOW TO ANALYS UR LINE OF WORK & WHAT MEANT TO B TOP SECRET 4 US. YOU BETTER BEWAR because U RE NOT D ONLY DOCTOR IN NAIRALAND. I WONDER IF U RE TO CARRY OUT ABROTION FOR A CELEBRITY, BY THEN D WHOLE OF FACEBOOKER & NAIRALAND WHO HEAR ABT IT.
MY ADVICE 4 U, B VIGILANT & WATCH UR BACK. OMI LEYAN ! EYAN LOMI,
Re: Which Is Appropriate? Being Ethical Or Moral. by IyaBasira: 9:37am On Sep 03, 2010
Sorry but what's the difference between ethics and morals? Aren't they kind of the same thing?
Re: Which Is Appropriate? Being Ethical Or Moral. by deeplo(m): 9:55am On Sep 03, 2010
INSTEAD OF U TO LEARN FROM WHAT HAPPENED, YOU ARE BLAMING THE DOC FOR SPILLING CONFIDENTIAL INFO. HAS HE IN ANY WAY MENTIONED WHO THE VICTIMS ARE? OR MENTIONED THE LOCATION?
AS FOR ME, I HAVE LEARN A LOT AND WILL CONTINUE TO LEARN. WOMEN SHOULD LEARN HOW TO ACCOMMODATE AND NOT BEING GREEDY. MEN CONTROL YOUR SE.X.UAL URGE
Re: Which Is Appropriate? Being Ethical Or Moral. by MissyB1(m): 10:19am On Sep 03, 2010
IyaBasira:

Sorry  but what's the difference between ethics and morals? Aren't they kind of the same thing?
There's very little difference, I'D say.

I like to think that Morals define what's good and bad. In this case, an individual determines this and thus, it's subjective. What I find moral, you may find immoral.

While ethics are a set of codified rules agreed upon by a group to guide behavior, regarding what good and bad. It's not one person, defining what's good and bad. A group of people have set down the rules, any other person that comes into that enviroment must obey them irrespective of whether their moral code is in line with the ethical rules or not.

embarassed
Re: Which Is Appropriate? Being Ethical Or Moral. by IyaBasira: 10:37am On Sep 03, 2010
So basically, morals define ethics but ethics are not necessarily moral. Right?
Re: Which Is Appropriate? Being Ethical Or Moral. by oluite(f): 10:52am On Sep 03, 2010
The lady is the first story is EVIL,infact they are both evil!Hw can you intentionally infect your husband?Its bad enough that people infect others intentionally but to infect someone you claim to love for better or worse?at only 24?
Re: Which Is Appropriate? Being Ethical Or Moral. by nanidee(f): 11:48am On Sep 03, 2010
wow, this is a big lesson, and you can never be too carfeful.

@ poster, thanks for sharing.
Re: Which Is Appropriate? Being Ethical Or Moral. by MrCork8: 11:54am On Sep 03, 2010
yawnnnn , Yes, am a medical Doctor too!!
Re: Which Is Appropriate? Being Ethical Or Moral. by yeye4live(m): 12:34pm On Sep 03, 2010
being moral wins it all in life cuse u will finally b judge by GOD him self no mata how u claim etical is rite, as of the lady in the first story, she not only deserve hell but hellsssssss ,,, for the second woman she mesd up by not leting here husby no b4 acepting to fonicate outside, to every body reading this in this life u cant hide the truth 4long even as long as u try ur best to hide it, its beta u let GOD take control of things 4u,
doctor b moral cuse u will end up going to hell if God curse u, OR SIMPLY DONT ATEND TO SUCH PERSON ATALL THAT CARING THE PERSON CROSS ONLY ON YOUR HEAD
Re: Which Is Appropriate? Being Ethical Or Moral. by Johero: 6:44am On Sep 08, 2010
Ethics and moral ar basic ingredient need,but dere is one tin missing n dt is professionalism[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Which Is Appropriate? Being Ethical Or Moral. by kristonium(m): 1:01pm On Sep 08, 2010
Goldenmeda:

MR STORY TELLER, I THINK DIS SHOULD BE CONFIDENCIAL, I DONT KNOW Y U CAME HERE NOW TO ANALYS your LINE OF WORK & WHAT MEANT TO B TOP SECRET 4 US. YOU BETTER BEWAR because U RE NOT D ONLY DOCTOR IN NAIRALAND. I WONDER IF U RE TO CARRY OUT ABROTION FOR A CELEBRITY, BY THEN D WHOLE OF FACEBOOKER & NAIRALAND WHO HEAR ABT IT.
MY ADVICE 4 U, B VIGILANT & WATCH your BACK. OMI LEYAN ! EYAN LOMI,

how has he disobeyed the law of confidentiality?has he mentioned any name or location?dont u know there are thousands of people with similar issues?why dont u sit down and learn instead of criticizing the doctor who is his own sheer benevolence has decided to share with his us his immense wealth of experiences.
Re: Which Is Appropriate? Being Ethical Or Moral. by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 08, 2010
whatever you do
there are gonna be consequences
both for your conscience and for your Job.

but come to think of it if they both consulted you together then it would not be totally wrong to
be moral

anyways here is my advice?
discuss with the woman and let her know what you think
ask her if she is willing to let her husband know the truth?
if not?
then let her know that it is also your obligation as a human to protect another life
if the husband does not find out about his hiv status ontime that could also be deadly

finally when i'm faced with a choice of two evils
i always take the choice of the lesser evil
what you can live with is different from what i can
laws are meant to be broken
and if it will save a life then why not,

think about it
would you rather let a man die
or would you protect another from her dirty secrets.

as for the second whatever she does is her problem?

she has to live with the consequences of her actions and lies

i suggest u leave her alone sooner or later nemesis will catch up with her
don't just be part of the process to help her lie futher
so therefore i'll suggest being moral

but all the same if you are a christian then pray
cos the bible says if anyone is lacking in wisdom let him pray and \God will give him.

wisdom is profitable to direct,

May God be with you
Re: Which Is Appropriate? Being Ethical Or Moral. by deniyor: 5:41pm On Sep 08, 2010
Geez - this is how it is done. Example A man sleeps with a lady that is STD infected. Once the doctor and authorities know she is infected, they ask her for a list of people she has slept with within a possible period of infection. The health authorities send out a letter to all the dudes (and gals) telling them that someone they had sex with is infected with that STD and it is recommended they come in for testing. No names mentioned, all anonymous. If you are the type that is promiscous, you hv no idea who it really is. If you are a single sex partner kinda person, you know who it is. Case dismissed. Once you know you are infected with STDs and you knowingly infect others, it is a crime. It is part of your ethics and it doesnt violate your patient doctor confidentiality.

[s]Either stop claiming to be a doctor, or do your ethically bound duty. Whichever one you choose, stop being incompetent.[/s]
Re: Which Is Appropriate? Being Ethical Or Moral. by bxcode(m): 7:18am On Oct 10, 2010
The first story shows how inhumane people can be, this is a lesson for singles, look beyond what you see whem it comes to marriage.
Re: Which Is Appropriate? Being Ethical Or Moral. by Jenifa1: 4:10am On Feb 14, 2011
deniyor:

Geez - this is how it is done. Example A man sleeps with a lady that is STD infected. Once the doctor and authorities know she is infected, they ask her for a list of people she has slept with within a possible period of infection. The health authorities send out a letter to all the dudes (and gals) telling them that someone they had sex with is infected with that STD and it is recommended they come in for testing. No names mentioned, all anonymous. If you are the type that is promiscous, you hv no idea who it really is. If you are a single sex partner kinda person, you know who it is. Case dismissed. Once you know you are infected with STDs and you knowingly infect others, it is a crime. It is part of your ethics and it doesnt violate your patient doctor confidentiality.

[s]Either stop claiming to be a doctor, or do your ethically bound duty. Whichever one you choose, stop being incompetent.[/s]

I agree.
I don't think OP is a doctor either.

the second story is so ridiculous it's not even funny.
how can a doctor lie to a man because his wife told him to. did she bribe him to lie to her husband. there is nothing ethical or moral about that.
and how does he even know about the family's personal stories. aren't doctors taught to keep their relation with their patients solely professional? how does he know his patients' family drama?
Re: Which Is Appropriate? Being Ethical Or Moral. by saridonp2: 12:06pm On Feb 14, 2011
If its about profession you just have to follow the ethics of the profession and for the moral aspect,I guess is your choice.
Re: Which Is Appropriate? Being Ethical Or Moral. by Jenifa1: 8:12pm On Feb 14, 2011
^ I agree. It's best to follow the ethics of the profession. If the ethics conflict with your moral obligations, quit working at the hospital start your own private practice. Just don't be surprised when you start getting sued left and right.

If I were the husband of that lady for example, I would definitely sue for malpractice. how can a doctor lie to a patient and tell him that his sperm is functioning properly when in fact it's non-existent. lipsrsealed
just because he wants to be "moral" and not break a marriage. seriously when did doctors become marriage counselor.
Re: Which Is Appropriate? Being Ethical Or Moral. by Nubyme: 10:34pm On Feb 14, 2011
d second story, nollywood @ its peak. D first wife had 2 tell alhaji dat he is nt capable of impregnating a woman and then d issue of who the father of the children is starts

(1) (2) (Reply)

Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn / How To Get Bigger Busts Naturally / 15 Claims Of Nairaland Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.