Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,352 members, 7,957,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:25 AM

The Kings of Kentworth - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Kings of Kentworth (4561 Views)

The Kings of Kentworth (Book Two) / KINGS 2(battleground) / Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Kings of Kentworth by Slymer: 6:50pm On May 07, 2019
Chapter 28

The day of the test was finally here. Trevor sat there in the middle of the awkwardly silent class. Mr. Decker had not arrived yet, but the class was quiet because everyone was having last minute preparations for the test. Well, everyone except for a group of boys at the back that didn't seem to care. Trevor looked at Lance's empty seat beside him. He prayed Lance would make it to class before the teacher would come. Trevor turned back and saw Lance's skinny seating partner studying in a seat he had found at the back after Trevor had bounced him earlier. He looked to the side and saw a familiar red haired girl looking up at him. Lenny, the water boy from soccer practice, was sitting beside her. He was whispering something to her and Trevor felt they were most likely talking about him.

"Hey," Lance's voice almost made Trevor jump. Trevor turned and saw Lance towering over him with an A4 sheet of paper held out to him. Trevor quickly grabbed it from him and began studying it immediately.

To be honest, Trevor had no idea what he was looking it. The sheet was filled with equations and numbers and he was astonished to see that Lance had even written his name and his student number at that top of the sheet. He looked into Lance's notebook and was also relieved to see that Lance had made his handwriting very different from his. Trevor flipped through the three leaves of A4 paper filled with solutions and equations. He just scanned through and made sure all the questions were answered. All ten of them.

Mr. Decker walked into class and asked that the assignments be submitted first. All the students walked to the front of the class and dropped thier papers on his table. Lance was right behind Trevor and Trevor turned and smiled at Lance.

"Thanks a lot Bro," Trevor said as he fell into his seat."You're a lifesaver."

Lance said nothing. He just smiled and looked away.

Few minutes later, Mr. Decker told everyone to put thier books and bags away and just like that, the test began. Trevor sat there, confident as hell as he watched Mr. Decker placing the papers on the desks of various students . Lance had given him the key areas to study for the test. he looked over at Lance who was just sitting there, waiting patient without an ounce of worry in his feature and wondered how he could be so calm. He was wondering maybe he and Lance would hang out after the test or something. Mr. Decker dropped the test sheet before him and after a few minutes, he told them the time and instructed them to start.

Trevor felt a smile tug on his lips and he flipped his paper over. As he scanned through the questions on his sheet, he felt his smile fading away slowly. He felt the blood drain from his face and the paper was beginning to tremble in his equally trembling hands. There wasn't a single question from Simultaneous Equations neither was there any from Quadratic equations. Trevor looked up and noticed all heads were bent down. Everyone was concentrating now. The entire class was like a graveyard and Mr. Decker kept walking down slowly between the rows of seats with his eyes moving from one student to the other.

Trevor lowered himself and faced Lance who was seriously concentrating on his work. They had started the test a few seconds or minutes ago and Trevor could see that he had already answered questions one and two.

"Psst," Trevor whispered as he darted his cautious eyes to the teacher and then back to Lance. "Psst, Lance."

Lance didn't even move. He didn't take his eyes away from his paper. Hell, it was as if Trevor wasn't even there and Trevor could swear that Lance could hear.

"Lance," Trevor's whisper was heavier now. "I know you can hear me you fucker."

Lance still didn't say a word. He even glanced at Trevor for a second as if trying to recall something and then looked back at his paper before he flipped it and went on with his work. Trevor clenched his jaw as his grip on his pen tightened with rage when the realisation struck him. "I'm going to fucking kill you," Trevor growled through his teeth.

"Bowman," the teacher's voice startled Trevor. "Is there a problem."

"No sir," Trevor gave a weak reply.

"Good," the teacher said. "Now please mind your work."

Trevor looked down at the questions once more and was again reminded how bleeped up he was. He should have known better. How could he be so stupid and naive to think that Lance was actually going to help him. How could he have been so foolish to think that he and Lance could be friends all of a sudden. He was just too desperate that all. He was blinded by his desire pass the course so much that he wasn't using his brain anymore. Trevor sat there pondering with his eyes on the questions that were standing between him and a pass in Algebra. He looked up at Lance's work to see if he could copy, but Lance will always be Lance. Lance noticed Trevor spying on his work from the side of his eye and immediately used his right arm to obstruct Trevor's view of his work. Trevor looked up at Lance's face and felt the bile rise in his gut when he saw him smirking at him.

Bastard.

"Five minutes left," Mr. Decker announced.

Trevor immediately faced his question paper and realised he had not answered any of the eight questions asked. He started scribbling what he thought were the best solutions and answers to every question. He didn't really care of they were right. He just felt he should fill his paper up with something if he didn't want to get an F. Even as Trevor guessed and thought and wrote, there was no doubt in his mind; he wasn't passing Algebra this year.
Re: The Kings of Kentworth by Slymer: 6:53pm On May 07, 2019
Chapter 29

Trevor

"Wait," Lisa uttered. "He what?"

"He made me flunk the test," Trevor sighed as he played with his mashed potatoes with his fork; clearly deprived of an appetite after the test. "He gave me fake key points to study for the test."

"Jeez," Caleb uttered.

"He really is the devil, isn't he?," Megan chuckled.

It was break now and Trevor was with his friends at the cafeteria, telling them about the disaster that was his Algebra test. He remembered submitting his paper and hurrying outside to confront Lance, but he was made nowhere. It was probably for the best anyway, because what had happened in that class room, Trevor could not think of confronting him with hurting him again, and after thier conversation with the principal, he figure that would be a bad idea.

"Lance Tiffin created the devil," Trevor replied Megan before he took a sip of his fanta.

"The more reason you need to Bleep him up," Bruce shrugged indifferently.

Everyone turned thier attention to Bruce now. "What?" Trevor asked.

"This guy is treating you like shit Trevor," Bruce replied. "If you ask me, I'd say he is giving you all the motivation you need to win this bet."

"Yeah," Aaron joined in. "I mean check it, you may repeat this year because of the Asshole. You are failing an entire course because of that Asshole."

Trevor was about to answer Aaron but Bruce started talking again.

"So it's only logical that you fight back," Bruce said. "Hurt him real good."

"And you think humiliating him on Prom night would hurt him?" Trevor asked.

"Trevor, he's gay," Nadia replied.

"So?" Trevor shrugged.

"Trevor," Megan began. "I'm a girl, okay? If a guy pretended to love me for months and then ditched me on prom night with a video that proved that it was all a game and a prank, ....."
Megan paused and pointed to her chest. "....I would die."

Trevor sighed and ran his fingers through his hair before looking over at Lisa who was smiling wryly at him while rubbing his back gently.

"You've got to hurt this fucker were he would feel it the most." Bruce said before he forked up a piece of tomato into his mouth.

Caleb slowly turned and gave him a look that seemed to say "calm down, jeez."

Trevor thought for a while, but couldn't ignore the fact that his friends were right. Lance had treated him like shit, even to the point of toying with his academics. They were right. Lance was just giving him all the motivation he need to ruin him. He really deserves it. He deserves the humiliation.

"Excuse me," Trevor heard someone utter behind him and at the same time he felt three light taps on his shoulder.

He turned and saw a girl with wavy black hair smiling sheepishly at him. "Trevor Bowman?" The girl asked as she played with her fingers.

Trevor could see that she was nervous for some reason. He also noticed a group of girls gathered and huddled up at thier table smiling in his direction. I immediately figure they were her friends and they were also thrilled that she was talking to Trevor Bowman. They had probably sent her here on a date or something.

"Yeah?" Trevor replied as he eyed the girl with a smirk on his face. A gesture that seemed to show his interest in her.

The girl's face went red before she looked to the floor and was unable to maintain eye contact with him any longer. "Uhm p- Mr. Decker wants you," she finally said.

Trevor suddenly felt his stomach tighten. His smirk dissolved immediately into worry. What would Mr. Decker want to see him for? if not the Algebra test.

After few minutes after he had received the message, Trevor left his friends at the table and headed to Mr. Decker's class. He was relieved when he walked in and the class was completely empty; students where still on break obviously.

"Bowman," the man called. "Please, Come in."

Trevor walked in and closed the class door behind him. He felt his heart race when he saw the piles of test scripts beside the teacher as he came closer. He stopped right infront of Mr. Decker's table and swallowed hard.

"You wanted to see me?" He asked with a voice laced with fear.

Mr. Decker sighed before he pulled his drawer and took out a few papers and laid them on the table right where Trevor could see them clearly. Trevor looked down and the papers before and felt his stomach drop.

On paper that was clearly his test scripts had a large and circled 'E' scribbled with a red marker. He then looked at the other paper; his assignment script with and equally large, circled and red inked 'F' on it. At that point, Trevor slowly closed his eye and lowered his head to his feet. This was a nightmare. Trevor could not believe it, he wasn't going to graduate this year. There were three tests every term and he had failed two. He thought he could really make it up with this last one, but he couldn't. Now he was going to be held back one more year, because even he knew no matter what he scored in his exams, it wouldn't matter. He was done. Finished.

Trevor looked up and Mr. Decker and expected to see pity in his eyes, but there was none. Trevor just stood there infront of his Algebra teacher, unable to utter a word. The entire classroom was quiet. The sound of Mr. Decker's fingers drumming the table and the ticking clock of the wall were the only sources of sound in the room.

Mr. Decker stopped dropping his fingers and suddenly raised his hands to his chin. "What about your dad?" He asked.

Trevor looked up at his teacher. He can't say he wasn't expecting that question though. Every single science teacher in school had Trevor's dad's number stored on thier phone. Nobody monitored Trevor's science grades more than his father did; not even his mum.

Even after Trevor's parents got a divorce back when he was in 9th grade which was about two or three years ago, his father had still shown keen interest in his academics. Trevor's father was a very successful civil engineer who lived in New York with his new fiancée. After the divorce, Trevor's mum win custody of Trevor and they both moved to Kentworth, while his dad won custody of his elder sister, Kim, who was in her second year in NYU studying Art and Photography. Trevor's dad wanted his only son to be an engineer just like him and that's why it was very important for him to ace all his courses. He was willing to fund Trevor's tuition in college if he wasn't able to get the football scholarship. Trevor looked down at his E and F one more time and felt his stomach turn. What would his dad say?

"Trevor," Mr. Decker pulled him back to reality. Trevor looked up at his Algebra teacher.

"What about you dad?" The man repeated.

""He-he's good," Trevor stuttered a reply. "He's still in New York."

Mr Decker nodded slowly,stared into space and was obviously thinking about the next step. Trevor watched him and suddenly wished he could read Minds. He wanted to know what the man was thinking. He wanted to know if he was going call his dad. A wave of panic suddenly washed on him at the thought.

"Please don't call my dad," the words flew out of Trevor's mouth before he could even think.

Mr. Decker looked over at Trevor with his brows slightly furrowed in surprise. "Why shouldn't I?" The man asked as he leaned forward on his table.

Trevor suddenly felt uneasy. He felt sick, like he was going to throw up. His confused eyes were travelling round the wall behind his teacher. Mr. Decker looked at the overwhelmed and confused teenaged boy standing before him. He took of his glasses and rubbed his temple as if he had a headache all of a sudden. He then reached forward, grabbed Trevor's test and Assignment scripts, held them up and tore them into two equal halves.

Trevor's eyes widened when he saw what his Algebra teacher had just done. "Mi-mister Decker, what are -?" The shock was unmistakable in his voice.

"The third Test and Assignment has been cancelled," the man interrupted Trevor as he tossed the shredded papers in a waste paper basket near his desk. He then turned to Trevor. "I'll announce the news to the class later, together with the new dates for a repeat of both."

Trevor looked at the trash can and then looked back at Mr. Decker with his eyes still wide and a smile tugging on his lips. The relief that poured on him felt like heaven.

"Don't smile," Mr Decker pointed to him and warned sternly. "You're not off the hook yet."

Trevor's smile evaporated immediately before he stiffened and looked to the floor before him. "Sorry sir."

"Now," Mr. Decker stood and moved away from his seat. "What are you going to do to make sure you don't mess up this last chance i'm giving you?"

Trevor looked up at his teacher standing in front of him now and grimaced. "Study?" Trevor replied.

"Well you've already proven that won't work," Mr. Decker said as he nodded to the trash can.

Trevor looked over at the trash can and dropped his shoulders. He was right. He really sucked at studying anything; calculations most especially. He then looked back up at his teacher and slowly shrugged. He was clueless at this point.

"You need help Trevor," Mr Decker said as he folded his arms on his chest.

Trevor grimaced and looked to the floor again. The last thing he wanted was some random Nerd to pop up everywhere he was, reminding him about the fact that they needed to study later. He remember Caleb going through something like that last year, but alas, Caleb was now on a far better level than he was academically. Trevor had no choice at all.

"Do you know anyone who could help you,"Mr Decker. "Anyone you know who is really good with science and has great grades to match."

Trevor looked away from his teacher and was lost in thought for a while.

"I would personally make sure that person sticks with you and you stick with that person till the goal is achieved." Mr Decker said as he walked back to his seat. "I will closely monitor you both."

Trevor suddenly looked at his teacher. He was going to make sure his tutor stuck with him? At that point, it hit Trevor. He stared into space and felt a smile tug on his lips again.

"Bowman," the teacher uttered and Trevor looked back down at him. "Do you know anyone?"

Trevor's smirk widened into a smile as he looked at his teacher.

"Yes sir," Trevor replied. "I certainly do."
Re: The Kings of Kentworth by Slymer: 6:54pm On May 07, 2019
Chapter 30

The boys had gotten their shower,dressed up and were heading out of the lockeroom and into the field towards the entrance of the school stadium. They had just finished soccer practice.

Trevor felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He pulled it out and looked into the screen and saw a message from Lisa.

Baby: hey you.

Trevor smiled and started typing a response.

Trev007: What's up?

Baby: your mom coming home early today?

Trevor stared into space, trying to remember what his mum and told him this morning before he left for school. She said she was going to late today, but that if she wasn't back by 8pm, she wasn't coming home to r morning.

Trev007: I don't know yet. But U can come over.

Baby: OK. what time?

Trev007: say 8:30?

..and like that, Lisa didn't even reply. She just went off line. Trevor pushed the phone back into his pocket and turned to see Aaron staring at him in a mischievous way. He was close; way too close.

"What?" Trevor asked even though he knew he had seen his chat with Lisa.

"Looks like someone's gonna get some tonight, Huh," Aaron mumbled playfully as he wiggled his eye brows. The other boys heard him started to cheer.

"Shut up Aaron," Trevor chuckled as he rolled his eyes away from him.

Trevor then felt Bruce's heavy arms grab him by the shoulder in what was almost a hug.

"My man!" Bruce praised in a playful and quite masculine aggression and Trevor couldn't help but laugh.

"Dude,Just make sure she screams your name," Aaron added and all the boys laughed.

"Yeah, make her scream," a random boy yelled from behind.

"You guys are nuts," Trevor chuckled as he shook his head. He felt his face heat up.

Trevor looked and felt the smile fall off his face when he saw Lance matching towards the group with his hooded eyes fixed on Trevor. Trevor's stomach tightened because he felt he knew what this was about. Earlier, while they were still practising on the field , a boy hand walked into the stadium and moved over to the coach before coach called Lance's attention and told him Mr. Decker wanted to see him.

"You son of a bitch!" Lance growled before he even got close. "You pathetic son of a bitch!"

"Here we go again," Trevor rolled his eyes.

Lance finally got to the front of Trevor and stopped. "You told Mr. Decker that you wanted me to be your Tutor, didn't you?" Lance spat.

"Yeah," Trevor's reply seemed to shock him alittle.

"Why?" Lance's asked in rage.

"..because you're a straight A student?" Trevor shrugged as if the answer was obvious with the reply coming out inform of a question.

Lance steadied himself before he pointed to Lenny who was not too far behind them. "Lenny is a straight A student," he growled, then he pointed towards the school building with his eyes still on Trevor. "Stephanie Morris is a straight A student, Charlie Cage is a straight A student, Mia West is a straight A student, hell, even my sitting partner, Chris, he's a straight A student," Lance stopped for a second to catch his breath. "Why the hell did you pick me?"

"..because I love you," Trevor's reply was immediate as he folded his hands on his chest and smirked at Lance. The rest of the boys laughed when the heard what Trevor said.

Lance stood there in heavy breaths watching as Trevor kept smirking at him mischievously and the boys continued to laugh hysterically behind him, all of them except Caleb. One of the boys even fell to the floor with his arm wrapped around his stomach. It didn't take Lance long to realise that they were making fun of him.

Lance then inches closer to Trevor and pointed at him. "You stay the Bleep away from me," he hissed through his teeth. "You understand."

"Lance..," Trevor began, as he waved Lance's pointing finger away from his view. "I'm not the one in charge here, I mean, if you have a problem, you should take it up with Mr. Decker,bro."

Lance said nothing. He just stood there glaring at Trevor and the boys with his entire torso moving up and down with heavy breaths. Trevor saw the rage in his eyes and he could not deny how satisfying it as seeing him this way. Now, he was the one who was in distress.

Lance hung his bag over his shoulder, spun and began walking away from the boys very quickly.

"Bye sweety!" Aaron yelled after him and the boys started to laugh again.

That Evening at Trevor house, ....
Lisa had come over just like she said she would. Immediately Trevor had opened the door for her to come in, she jumped on him and wrapped her legs around his waist before she buried her tongue in his mouth. Before they knew what was going on, they were both butt naked in Trevor's bed with Trevor pounding her like his entire life depended on it. They went at it for forty straight minutes until they both climaxed and Trevor fell on Lisa's breasts with a smile on his face and the sweat on his body making the friction between them ever so slippery. Trevor saw the way Lisa seemed to frown as the both laid there.

Trevor raised himself to rest on his left elbow "You okay?" he asked with concern as his eyes travelled up and down her naked body. "Di - did I hurt you?"

Lisa smiled lazily at him as she reached up and began to play with his blonde curls. "No silly," she said. "I'm just kinda hungry, that's all."

Trevor suddenly jumped off bed, pulled up his boxers and turned to her. "I'll be right back," he said, before walking out the door.

Trevor was downstairs for just five minutes trying to fix up something for Lisa to eat before he heard the distant ringing of his phone. The ringing apparel to increase in intensity until he walked out of the kitchen and saw Lisa hurrying downstairs and moving towards him and at the same time, stretching the phone towards him. She mouthed a soundless, "It's your mum." Trevor took the phone from her and tapped the receive button immediately.

Apparently, she just called to make sure he was okay and that she was not going to be home till tomorrow morning.

"Have you eaten something?" Mrs Bowman asked.

"Just putting something together in the kitchen for us," Trevor replied before he widened his eyes and squeezed his mouth shut when he realised what he had just said. Lisa spun to him too with wide eyes and mouthed a soundless "Oh my God."

"Us?" Mrs Bowman asked.

"Uhm -," Trevor started thinking fast. "Us, you know, you and me. I'm making enough for both of us in case you are hungry when you get home tomorrow."

Trevor looked over at Lisa in time to catch her roll her eyes. She was obviously not impressed with his lie.

"Oh," Mrs Bowman uttered. "I see. That's sweet of you."

"Sure," Trevor replied. "No problem."

"Well," she said. "..be safe, lock the doors and switch on the alarms, okay?"

"Sure Mum," he replied.

"Love you honey."

"Love you too mum."

"..And oh, tell Lisa I said 'Hi'" she finally said.

Trevor froze and raised his wide eyes to Lisa. Lisa looked at him with confusion.

Trevor then dropped his shoulders and sighed. "I will."

Mrs Bowman chuckled on the other side and uttered, "Bye honey." before she finally dropped the Phone.
Re: The Kings of Kentworth by Slymer: 6:56pm On May 07, 2019
Chapter 31

Trevor

"You sneaked out on me last night," Trevor gave Lisa a dirty smirk as he started the car and moved down her driveway. Lisa said nothing in return. She just smirked back and him and pulled out her mirror from her bag, before she started applying he lip gloss.

Lisa had stayed over at Trevor's house last night and when he woke up this morning, he was surprised to see her side of the bed was empty. He quickly picked up his phone and called her.

"I had to get ready for school," she had said.

"Oh."

"Pick me up in twenty minutes," She said and dropped the Phone before Trevor could even reply. So, he got up, took a bath, and got dressed. He headed down stairs and made himself a cup of coffee and a sandwich before racing towards the door. He found his mum practically passed out of the three seater Couch with her mouth open and shoes still on. She must have been really exhausted because she was still in her scrubs with her ID card hanging down her neck. Trevor stared at her for a while and wondered how his father could have been so stupid as to let such a beautiful creature go. He blonde hair was tied in a ponytail and her make and lipstick were still in good shape. Her chest rose and fell with every breath she took and even from where he was standing, Trevor could inhale the soft and pure scent of her lavender perfume. Trevor raised his wrist to his view and looked into his watch, and realised he didn't have time. He leaned forward and gave his other a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"Love you Mum," he whispered before he hurried out of the door.

"Hello?" Trevor heard Lisa's voice as he saw her hand moving up and down infront of his face. "Hello? Earth to Trevor!"

Trevor blinked rapidly and turned to face his confused girlfriend. "What," he said, as he darted his eyes between Lisa and the road ahead. "I'm here, i'm here."

Lisa pursed her lips. "Sure you are."

Trevor chuckled.

"So," she began. "I heard you've got a new tutor now."

Trevor turned to face her and saw her smiling at him mischievously before he rolled his eyes back to the road. "That's if Lance agrees to it," Trevor said.

"Oh come on," Lisa rolled her eyes. "This is a different situation. Mr. Decker is involved now. He won't have any choice but to oblige."

Trevor chuckled. "You don't know Lance," the words just dropped from Trevor's mouth. After he had spoken, he immediately realised the awkwardness of his utterance and hoped Lisa didn't notice notice it too. He turned and her sliding through pictures on her phone; obviously oblivious to what he had just said. Trevor heaved a somewhat internal sigh of relief.

He faced forward and suddenly remembered something. "Hey," he began with a smile. "You won't believe what happened after soccer practice yesterday."

Without even looking up at him and away from her phone, Lisa asked, "What?"

Trevor then told her everything. From how an angry and Furious Lance had matched up to him and yelled at him infront of his friends to how he and his friends mocked and made fun of him.

"It was hilarious," Trevor laughed. He wondered why Lisa wasn't laughing along as he expected before he turned to face her and was shocked to meet her astonished eyes on him.

"Trevor," Lisa shifted to face him well. "What do you think you are doing?"

Trevor was confused. He couldn't think of anything he could have said that would have upset her. "Wha-What do you mean?" He stuttered.

"Do you want to win this bet or not?" Lisa hissed through her teeth.

Trevor coughed out a laugh. "I don't really have a choice now," he uttered. "Do I?"

"Exactly," Lisa leaned in closer. "So why are you making fun of him."

Trevor darted his confused eyes from the road to Lisa and back to the road again. "I don't understand," he said.

"You're supposed to make this guy trust so that this bet can work. He is not going to trust you if you keep making fun of him, Trevor," Lisa said before she turned her eyes back to the road and gold her arms on her chest.

Trevor looked over at her and wondered why she was so upset about this.

"I was the one who put you in this mess," Lisa started,as if she was answering him telepathically. "The least I could do is make sure this is less difficult for you until you get this over with."

Trevor could now understand what she was feeling. It was guilt. He remembered she had not even taken the Prom dress from him even after she had forgiven him for giving into the bet. He looked over at her again as she kept her eyes on the road. He could tell she was far away even if she was in the car with him.

He reached out and places his large hands on her laps. Lisa then turned and looked at her boyfriend smiling at her.

"It's okay," he said.

Lisa smiled and turned back to my the wide screen and so did Trevor, with his hands still on her laps. As he turned into the school drive way, he couldn't but think how correct Lisa was. He had to be serious with all this. He had to get serious with this bet. No sentiments whatsoever.
Re: The Kings of Kentworth by Slymer: 6:58pm On May 07, 2019
Chapter 32

Lance

"Dude," Trevor hissed as he stopped and leaned forward infront of Lance's table at the Library. "I've been looking all over for you. Where the hell have you been?"

Lance said nothing. He totally ignored Trevor and kept his attention on the book before him. He was going to die first before he would help Trevor with anything academically. He had been ignoring Trevor for the past four days now ever since he made fun of him at the soccer field when he confronted him. Trevor had been bugging him on and on, non-stop for the past four days. about when thier first study session would hold, but Lance had been ignoring the hell out of him. He remembered the way Trevor and his friends laughed at him, and held himself from looking up at Trevor pacing infront of him. He wasn't reading anymore. All he could see were just words, words that had stopped making sense to him ever since Trevor walked into the Library.

"I'm sorry," Trevor voice was calm.

Lance was so shocked, he held himself from looking up and Trevor, but he couldn't. Lance immediately shot his head up and faced Trevor with furrowed brows. "What?" He asked.

"I'm sorry," Trevor repeated with a shrug.

Lance couldn't help the one sided smile that was tugging on the side of his mouth as he stared at Trevor in shock. "Sorry for what?" Lance asked.

Trevor rolled his eyes. "For making fun of you after soccer practice a few days ago," Trevor said as he looked to the ground. "It was shitty of me."

Lance was speechless. He tilted his head to the side and kept eyeing Trevor as if he was some kind of alien that had dropped from putter space. Was Trevor Bowman apologising to him right now? Was this really happening?

"Look," Trevor started. I know we've had our differences in that past,but I want us to just forget about it all and just be friends, you know."

Lance's eyes widened. He could swear he was dreaming or something. What the hell was going on?

"Aren't tired of us fighting all the time?" Trevor grimaced.

Lance's mouth was open, but words still refused to come out for some reason. It was as if he had something to say, but instead, he burst out in laughter. Lance started laughing so hard, he felt his stomach muscles begin to ache. He didn't care how many students turned and looked in his direction, he just kept laughing. Trevor darted his eyes to every corner of the hall and realised that he and Lance were the centre of attraction. He looked far behind and saw Lenny with that strange red haired girl again; they were both looking this way with curiosity written all over thier features.

Trevor looked away from them and back to Lance who was slapping the table with his palms now while still laugh hard. It was strange that Lance's laughter made Trevor want to laugh too, but he held back. Lance felt his eyes beginning to water and he suddenly found it hard to breath. He couldn't remember when last he laughed like this.

"What's so funny," Trevor gave and exasperated sigh.

Lance stopped laughing, coughed a few times and them looked up at Trevor. He them looked down, gathered his book and stood up. He walked out of his seat and moved straight to Trevor until they were face to face.

He looked into Trevor's blue eyes and started, "I don't know what game you're playing here, Bowman, but you might as well just five up, cuz you're wasting you're time."

He then inched further to Trevor's face until he could smell Trevor's minty breath. "I'm not playing along," Lance hissed before he turned and walked out of the Library, leaving Trevor behind.

Stephanie and Lenny

"What was that about?" Stephanie asked as she adjusted her glasses and sat back down on her seat after watching Trevor leave the Library a few seconds after Lance.

"Don't know," Lenny replied without even looking up at her as he scanned through his book. "Probably has something to do with what happened at soccer practice days ago."

Stephanie paused and then turned to Lenny. "What happened at soccer practices days ago?"

Lenny looked up from his book and gave an exasperated sigh, immediately regretting why he had just told her that.
"Apparently," he began before he finally faced her. "Mr. Decker told Trevor to pick a tutor this year because his grades were not looking to good."

There was silence for a while with Lenny and Stephanie just staring at each other, before Stephanie nodded and gestured for him to go on. "And?" She said.

"And..," Lenny mimicked her voice before he smirked at her. "Trevor picked Lance."

Stephanie's eyes went wide. "Wha-What!"

Lenny chuckled. "I know right."

"But they hate each other," Stephanie faced Lance but didn't seem to be taking to him anymore."Why would Trevor Bowman pick Lance Tiffin as his tutor?"

Lenny shrugged. "Thier problem I guess," he mumbled. "..Now come on, the quiz competition is in three weeks and we have a lot of work to do."

Stephanie watched as Lenny returned his attention to the chemistry textbook before him. She then turned away and faced the book before her, but she wasn't reading anymore. All she could see were letters and equations now. Her mind was elsewhere. It all didn't just make sense to her. She had been seeing Trevor hovering and literally pestering Lance. Trevor Bowman, actually pestering someone. She had seen Trevor kick away Lance's sitting partner in class just to sit by him and had watched them fight in Chemistry after the accident. She had not realised by then, that for some reason, Trevor was trying to get close to Lance. She knew how much they hated each other, hell, she of all people knew how difficult Lance was, but yet, Trevor was willing to look past all his bullshit. Trevor was being persistent; even to the point of making Lance his tutor.

Why?

Stephanie looked up from her book and stared into space. It didn't make sense.

None of this made sense to her at all.
Re: The Kings of Kentworth by Slymer: 7:02pm On May 07, 2019
Chapter 33

Trevor

The day after, Trevor and the gang decided to stop over at Blinley's for a few snacks on thier way home from Cheer-leading and soccer practice after school. Nadia, Caleb, Aaron Bruce and Trevor found a table close to the window, while Megan and Lisa made thier way to the counter to make thier order.

"What the Bleep," Aaron's voice made Trevor shoot his head up. He saw Aaron sneering at the phone in his hand which was actually Trevor's phone. Aaron then looked up at Trevor with the sneer still in his face before he waved the phone at Trevor. "Is there any song in here for actual human beings?"

Nadia threw her head back in laughter after hearing what her boyfriend said.

Trevor didn't utter a word. He just lazily and slowly stretched his right hand forward and opened his palm for Aaron to give him the phone. He was too tired to argue or defend his choice of music with his friends today.

"Who the hell listens to Lionel Ritchie in two thousand and eighteen?" Aaron coughed out with a laugh before he brought the phone to his view again. "..And who the hell is Andrea Bo..Bo...Boce-"

"Bocelli," Trevor interrupted Aaron's appalling attempt at pronouncing the name of one of his favourite artists as he stretched his hand even further. "Can I have my phone back please?"

"Absolutely!" Aaron quickly pulled the earphones from his ears and passed the phone to Trevor.

"Thank you," Trevor said as he took the phone and put one earpiece to his ear.

"Jeez Hommie," Aaron went on. "Your songs are so boring, I actually felt myself ageing while listening to them."

The entire table erupted with laughter. Everyone was laughing; everyone except Caleb who was just staring at Trevor. Caleb had noticed how quiet and sluggish his friend had been through out that day.

Without looking up from his phone, Trevor raised his middle finger in Aaron's direction. A gesture that made everyone laugh even more.

"A little J Cole or Chris Brown, " Bruce shrugged with a mocking smile. "Or even Bieber or Halsey, would not hurt you know."

"Oh my god!," Nadia gasped before reached over and touched Bruce's right shoulder. "I love Halsey."

Trevor just ignored them like he always did. He just felt they didn't understand his choice of music. He himself couldn't explain the feeling he always got when he would listen to the mind blowing voices of Celine Dion, Joshua Groban or even Luciano Pavarotti. He couldn't listen to music that didn't make him feel anything.

"Trevor!" Caleb's loud voice almost made Trevor Jump.

"What," Trevor looked over at a worried Caleb.

"You okay?" Caleb asked.

Trevor gave a tired sigh as he reached up and pinched the bridge is his nose before shutting his eyes . "Just a little tired," he replied.

"Having boyfriend problems again?" Aaron asked with a mischievous smirk.

Trevor opened his eyes and gave Aaron a warning glare.

"Shut up Aaron," Caleb stole the words right out of Trevor's mouth.

"No, but seriously," Aaron started as he stared at Trevor in genuine curiosity. "What is so difficult about getting a gay person to fall in love with you?"

"Yeah," Bruce added with a mocking smile on his face. "I mean, look at you man, you are gorgeous."

Trevor took one look at Bruce and knew he was mocking him, but he decided to ignore him. "Lance isn't a person," Trevor hissed. "He's a fucking demon."

"Still playing hard to get, huh?" Nadia said as she pulled out her phone and looked into it.

"The dude is just Impossible." Trevor uttered through his teeth as he raked his fingers through hair; unable to hide how frustrated he was.

"But I thought he was your tutor," Bruce looked serious now as he leaned forward. "like...you know, that shit should make it easier, right?"

Trevor found himself laughing at his friends. He was also laughing at how he suddenly knew Lance Tiffin better than any of them.
"Guys,we are talking about a guy who almost gave me an acid bath just to get rid of me," Trevor said. "By the time this guy gives in, I may not be alive anymore."

"Okay..Okay Okay," Nadia raised her hands in surrender. "I think I've been quiet enough."

"Quiet about what?" Aaron turned to his girlfriend.

"Are you telling me you don't see what's wrong with this picture?" She was facing Trevor straight in the eye.

Trevor couldn't say a word because like every other person on that table, he was confused.

"What are you talking about?" Caleb took the words right out of Trevor's mouth for the second time that night.

Nadia shifted in her seat and then leaned forward on the table. "You're practically the most popular guy in school, who is straight, has a hot girlfriend, and hangs the supposedly coolest click, right?" She said.

"Okay?" Trevor replied, obviously keen to hear more.

"And he.." Nadia went on. "Is a - well, nobody. A gay reclusive loner with no friends, no social status and probably no self esteem."

After Nadia had spoken, the boys looked at each other in confusion. Nadia saw that they had not gotten her point and then she rolled her eyes.

"Trust, Trevor!" She said loudly with an exasperated sigh. "He doesn't trust you yet. He's never going to give in unless he sees a reason to trust you."

"Well, how the hell am I supposed to make him trust me then?" Trevor shrugged and Caleb could see his frustration. It's not like he had not been trying after all.

Nadia smirked mischievously and said, "Ditch us."

"What?" The three boys uttered in unison.

"Stop hanging out with us," Nadia shrugged. That's the only way you'll get his trust."

Trevor thought for a second. "So you're saying he would trust me better, if I don't have any friends?" He asked.

"Exactly," Nadia gave a smug. "..Just like him."

The boys glanced at each other with raised brows. They were beginning to see sense in what Nadia was saying now.

"I mean, if I was a loner," Nadia went on. "I would want to be friends with someone like me, right? I would trust someone who is also as reserved and reclusive as I am."

"But he's Trevor Bowman,"Caleb chuckled. "The whole school knows him."

"Yeah," Aaron added. "It's gonna be pretty hard to make someone like him friendless."

The table was quiet for a few seconds and everyone suddenly noticed an evil smile on Bruce's face. "Not after we execute the plan that I have in mind," he said.

"What plan?" Aaron asked.

Bruce told them every single thing he had in mind and for the first time since he came into that coffee shop, Trevor felt genuine relief move through him.

"Awesome,"Aaron uttered as he shook Bruce and patted his shoulder at the same time. He was clearly impressed.

Trevor kept smiling until Megan and Lisa finally arrived with thier food.

"Why are you so smiley all of a sudden?" Lisa asked as she sucked on her Diet Coke through her straw.

Trevor picked up a French fry and threw it into his mouth with a smirk on his face.

"I'm about to win this bet," he said.

Lance

"Ahh!" Lance screamed as he shot his head off his pillow. His eyes darted from one corner of his room to the order. He wanted to make sure he wasn't still on the street with boots and baseball bats ramming into him. He was sweating profusely and trying to catch his breath. He raked his fingers through his black hair once he realised he just had a nightmare again.

He looked to his alarm clock by his beside. "2:45 AM."

He felt his nerves beginning to calm, but suddenly realised his breathing wasn't doing the same and his heart rate wasn't slowing down either.

"Oh God. Not again," Lance thought as he jumped out of the bed and rushed to his drawer,pulled it out and started searching for something. He was having a panic attack, just like he mostly had after his nightmares. His heart was beating so fast now, his chest was beginning ache. Was he having a heart attack?

"Where are you? you fucker!" Lance growled in rage as he pulled the entire cabinet out and threw it to the floor. The entire room was beginning to spin.

Lance managed to reach for the second drawer. He pulled it open and dug his hand into it. He immediately wrapped his hand around a small plastic container which was exactly what he was looking for.

Lance popped two tablets of Propanol into his mouth before he fell to the floor. He wasn't unconscious, but his heart was still racing and his breathing was still quick. Lance squeezed his eyes shot. Why wasn't his heart rate slowing down? Why was the room still spinning? Was he dying?

At that point, Lance wanted to scream for his parents, but he held himself. This wasn't the first time this was happening to him after all, but there was something scary about this particular episode though. No matter what, Lance wasn't calling for anyone. He was going to fight this like he always had. Alone.

Seconds turned to minutes and minutes to hours. Lance opened his eyes and heard birds chirping outside his window. He lifted himself off the floor and looked out his window. The sky was an illuminated mixture of blue and orange. Lance rubbed his eyes with the back of his hands. He had not slept at all since the nightmare. He had just laid on the floor with his eyes closed and his hand on his chest; terrified to drift off and possibly die. He was tired and still very much sleepy.

He spun and looked over at his alarm clock.

6:45 AM

He had to get ready for school.
Re: The Kings of Kentworth by Slymer: 7:03pm On May 07, 2019
Chapter 34

Lance

Biology was the last class before break. Lance sat in the cafeteria filled with students. He was the only one at his table as usual and he hoped to God no one joined him; not that he was expecting anyone though. Lance faced his plate of two king sized burgers. He hoped to God he could finish them because he wasn't really hungry. Even though he had not eaten anything all morning, he wasn't hungry. His eyes felt so heavy and his muscles felt weak. He didn't need food, he needed sleep.

"Hey Lance," A girl's voice made Lance look up immediately.

He saw Stephanie move up to his table, drop her tray of food and then drop to a seat infront of him with a smile on her face. Lenny was right behind her. He did as she did, but slower. He looked reluctant as he dropped his tray on Lance's table. It was almost as if he was scared of Lance.

"What's up?" Stephanie asked as she picked a slice of cucumber from between her burger and chewed.

Lance said nothing. He just glared at her for a while through hooded eyes, before he looked back down at his food.

"Stephanie, we should just go and leave him alone,"Lance could hear Lenny's whisper as clear as day even through the humming and the chatting from students in the cafeteria.

"Lance," Stephanie began, obviously ignoring her friend's advice. "Can I ask you a question?"

"No." Lance spat without even looking at her as he sipped on his orange juice.

"What's the deal with you and Bowman?" Stephanie asked anyway and from the side of her eye, she saw Lenny roll his eyes and massage his temple. "Why has he been hanging around you so much lately?"

Lance took a bite off his burger and raised his eyes to the red haired girl before him. He was a little surprised to see that she looked concerned, but more surprised at the fact that he couldn't even answer her question. He honestly didn't know why Trevor Bowman was so interested in him all of a sudden. He didn't know why, of all the straight A students in class, Trevor had chosen him. She was asking a good question, but he wasn't going to tell her that, was he?

"He wants to Bleep me I guess?" Lance shrugged with a dirty smirk on his face.

Lenny looked up at Lance and scowled at his remark. The look on Lenny's face was close to that of disgust. But Stephanie, Stephanie just rolled her eyes and smiled at him. Lance was going to have to try harder if he was going to gross her out.

"I just think it's weird,that's all." Stephanie shrugged as she played with her straw dipped in her juice box. "I mean, he never gave a shit about you all this while. Why is he so interested in you now?"

Lance sipped on his orange juice again as he chewed on his burger with a smile. "Because he wants to Bleep me." He repeated slowly this time.

"Dude, could you please stop saying that?" Lenny groaned. He looked like he was going to be sick.

Stephanie threw her head back in a silent laughter.

"Homophobic much?" Lance smirked at Lenny mischievously.

"I'm not homophobic." Lenny hissed through his teeth as he gave Lance a death stare.

"Look," Stephanie began as she shifted on her seat and leaned in towards the table. "All I'm trying to say is that you should be careful. It just doesn't make sense."

"Jeez," Lance rolled his eyes. "Thanks mum."

Stephanie leaned back and gave out an exasperated sigh while shaking her head at Lance. He was so damned stubborn.

Lance looked up at them with raised brows. "You both can go now." He said in a matter of fact tone.

"Thank God." Lenny whispered heavily and rolled his eyes as he grabbed his tray and stood to his feet; waiting for Stephanie to follow him. "Come on Steph."

Stephanie just sat there, staring at Lance. She swallowed hard before looking down at her plate and asking,"Are you still interested in the-"

"No I'm not interested in some stupid quiz competition." Lance cut her off. "No can you please leave me alone?"

Stephanie looked up at him and stared for a while.

"Come on Steph," Lenny placed a hand on her shoulder.

Stephanie then got up and followed Lenny to another table. A table filled with people like them. A table filled with nerds. Lance kept his eyes on his food as he picked up his burger piece by piece, and threw them into his mouth. He held himself from looking over at Stephanie and Lance at the other table, not because he was feeling bad about pushing them away even after thier concern for him, hell no, but because there was some truth to what to what she was saying. Trevor was never interested in being friends with him, why was he now?

Lance looked up at the table with Trevor's clique. They were all there. Laughing and chatting, feeling like the 'so called' Kentworth Royalties that they were fondly called. The handsome man-whores with thier sluts beside them. Proud bastards. They probably thought they were better than anyone else in the universe.

Lance paused when hour noticed something odd about the clique. He knew all of them and he could tell they were all at the table. Bruce with his arms over his girl's shoulder and a stupid smile on his face, Aaron and his ghetto bitch, Caleb and then Lisa; Trevor's girlfriend, but..... where was Trevor?

"Hey Lance," The familiar voice made Lance turn quickly and right there beside him with his tray of food in his hands, stood Trevor Bowman.

Lance was confused for first ten seconds as he stared up at Trevor towering over him. Trevor looked nervous as he kept tightening his grip on his food tray at both sides. Lance took his eyes off Trevor and glanced round the hall and noticed a few students also found the situation awkward. He turned in Lenny and Stephanie's direction and wasn't surprised when he saw them watching too.

"What do you want?" Lance finally turned to Trevor and asked.

"Can -uhm," Trevor swallowed hard before looking at his tray and back at Lance again. "Can I sit with you?"

Lance almost choked on his juice before he turned to Trevor with wide eyes. "Of course not." Lance spat.

Trevor clenched his jaw and gave a depressing sigh as he dropped his shoulders. He shot a nervous glance at the table were his friends were and looked back down at his tray.

"Yo!" Aaron yelled. "What's the matter Trevor? Toy Lonely?"

Everyone turned their heads in the direction of Trevor's friends and then to who they were talking to.

"Yeah," What's wrong?" Bruce the joined in. "You're boyfriend won't let you sit with him?" Then everyone at thier table burst into laughter. Thier laughter was so contagious, some students found themselves laughing along.

Lance turned away from Trevor's laughing friends and looked up at Trevor. Trevor was glaring at them, before he turned and walked away from Lance's table. He walked over to an empty table at the corner and dropped to his seat. He didn't even both looking up at all. He didn't care.

Lance looked over at Trevor's friends again. They were still laughing like the bloody hyenas that they were.

"You're a real disappointment Trevor!" Bruce yelled. "A big one."

Lance was shocked to that Lisa wasn't even saying anything. She didn't even raise he head from her food.

Lance looked over at Trevor again as he ate his meal; head faced down and not looking at anyone. Lance was confused now. For the first time in a long time, he was confused.

What the hell is going on?
Re: The Kings of Kentworth by Slymer: 7:05pm On May 07, 2019
Chapter 35

Lance

That day at school, Lance thought he was in the twilight zone. He did not understand what was going on anymore. First, he noticed Trevor sitting far infront and away from his annoying, snickering group of friends far behind in English class.

"Aren't you sitting with your boyfriend today, Trev?" Lance heard Aaron tease before he turned back to look at them and found them laughing at thier stupidity.

Lance faced forward and looked in Trevor's direction, Trevor didn't even look back for any reason. He was focused on his phone right infront of him.

Then there was soccer practice after school. As they all got ready in the locker room, Lance noticed Trevor had been on his own ever since they got into the stadium. All the other boys were gathered together; chatting and laughing as they changed into their respective jerseys, but Trevor was isolated at a corner...... just like Lance. Lance frowned at the fact that he was actually curious about what was going on with Trevor.

Even while on the field, none of the boys passed the ball to Trevor. None of the boys passed the ball to thier captain.

"Guys!" Trevor kept yelling. "I'm Open! I'm open."

They all ignored him. Lance was totally lost. He looked over at Lenny, the water boy who was on the Bleachers and noticed he was watching the game with confusion all over his features just like in English along with Stephanie. He was dumbfounded. Lance kept watching them ignoring Trevor in the game and sneering at him and he suddenly what Trevor had done to be knocked down to the bottom so fast. These guys were meant to be his friends.

"Prrrrrrt!" Coaches whistler screamed in the hot afternoon air. "Okay boys! That's enough for today!" He announced after an hour and a half of practice before the boys all walked over to the lockeroom to change.

"What the Bleep Bruce!" Trevor's roar made Lance turn very quickly to see Trevor shoving his hands at Bruce's chest. "Why didn't you pass the ball? What's the big idea?!"

"Oh Bleep off you gay," Bruce pushed Trevor away.

Trevor staggered back, found his footing and slowly raised his face to Bruce with narrowed eyes. "What the Bleep did you just call me?" Trevor hissed through his teeth as he slowly walked to Bruce.

Bruce gave out an evil smile before he looked over at Lance and then back to Trevor who was now right infront of him. Lance saw the both of them frown at each other as they came face to face and he suddenly realised that a fight was about to break out between Trevor and Bruce. Everyone realised it too and that's why the entire lockeroom was quiet now.

Bruce chuckled and glared at Trevor. "I really don't have time for wimps like you, Bowman," Bruce said with a dirty smile on his annoyingly handsome face before he looked over and pointed at Lance. "...but I bet your cunt of a boyfriend does."

Lance immediately felt something snap inside of him. He clenched his fist and widened his eye in rage. A rage that soon turned to shock when he saw Trevor suddenly shove Bruce against a lock, hard. "Don't fucking call him that!" Trevor growled .

Lance felt his stomach flip at what he had just seen.

Did Trevor Bowman just defend him? From the side of his eye, Lance could make out Lenny's wide as too as he stood there beside him.

Bruce surprised everyone when he swung and knocked Trevor against another locker with a heavy punch. Trevor slammed against the locker hard and held his nose. When Lance saw blood leaking out of Trevor's nostrils and beading down to his lips, he knew the fight had entered stage two. Lenny knew it too and that's why he suddenly dropped the cooler in his hand and ran away from the gathering in the lockeroom and headed towards the entrance.

Trevor roared in rage as he charged for Bruce, knocking him against the locker that was badly dented now, and the down to the floor.

"Guys!" Caleb called, as he hurried over.

Aaron on the other hands, just stood there with a dirty smirk on his face as he watched both his friends struggle with, and growl at each other on the tiled lockeroom floor. Lance kept staring at them while some of the players cheered. He would enjoy watching something like this on a normal day, but the fact he had just seen Trevor defending him took away all the fun. He felt annoyed when he saw Bruce roll to the top of Trevor and punching him again, and couldn't help but wonder he was just angry or confused.

"What the hell is going on here!" Coaches yell made everyone turn back to see him standing there looking furious with Lenny right behind him.

Thanks to Lenny, coach came over and broke the fight up. The school nurse was still in school even after school had closed for the day so Trevor and Bruce were taken there to have thier wounds taken care of.

"You are unbelievable," the middle aged nurse shook her head, dropped her shoulders and sighed when she saw Trevor in her clinic again with a bloodied tissue stuffed in one of his nostrils.

Lance had started walking out of the school premises when he suddenly replayed the events of the day. The football practice were Trevor Bowman, The Trevor Bowman was totally being ignored by his peers and treated like shit. He got into a fight with his friend and even defended Lance when Bruce called him a cunt.

Lance slowed down his pace and eventually stopped walking when he thought of the possible cause of it all. The reason why Trevor's friends were being hostile towards him all of a sudden. It was because of him. It was because of Lance.

Immediately the thoughts went through Lance's mind, he held himself from going back Into the school building and checking on Trevor. He wanted to go back in there and.....

Wait, was he crazy? what the hell was wrong with him? This is Trevor Bowman he was talking about for God Sake. He hated Trevor Bowman. Even if he had somehow defended him in a fight, he still hated him.

Lance continued his walk home again. Putting on foot before the other, his pace was faster than before. He was going to forget all this shit. Whether he defended him or not, Trevor was still an asshole, just like everyone else in this fucking school.

Lance had planned out the rest of his evening. He was going to go to his favourite spot and smoke his weed. He was going to smoke two..no, three wraps and then head home, ignore that worthless family of his, study a little, before going to bed.

Just like always.
Re: The Kings of Kentworth by Slymer: 7:07pm On May 07, 2019
Chapter 36

Trevor and his friends hung out at Blinley's that evening and told everyone what had gone down during soccer practice that day.

"You know," Trevor tilted his head at Bruce. "You really didn't have to punch me, Bruce."

Aaron suddenly burst into a hysterical laughter while slapping the table with his palms and his eyes shut tight.

"Sorry bro," Bruce shrugged. "...was just trying to make it realistic."

"So you had to knock his teeth out?" Lisa spat as he glared at Bruce.

"Relax babe," Trevor placed his hand on his girl friend's shoulder with a kind smile. "He didn't knock my teeth out. It just wasn't expected, that's all."

"Either way,"she went on. "..that was too much."

"Look Lisa, " Aaron wasn't laughing anymore, but they could all see tears in his eyes. "Lance is smart. Anything we did out there had to be believable."

"Exactly," Bruce supported.

Lisa clenched her jaws and glared at Bruce one more time. Trevor stared at her and could swear she wanted to reach across the table and knock Bruce's lights out.

"I agree," Nadia added. "besides, what punch could Bruce possibly give Trevor that he hasn't taken from Lance already?"

The entire table erupted in laughter. Trevor looked round and saw everyone laughing hard. Aaron and Bruce were clutching their bellies while Nadia and Megan were slapping the table with tears in thier eyes. The entire scenario appeared so amusing, Trevor found himself chuckling and shaking his head just like Caleb was. He turned and saw Lisa laughing too, but in a controlled manner with her hand covering her mouth; almost as if she didn't want Trevor to know she found it funny.

After Trevor got home that evening, he got a call from Lisa asking if she could come over. He checked the time....

8:12PM.

He also remembered his mum wasn't coming home till morning.

"Sure," he replied.

Lisa came over and they both cuddled up on the three seater Couch and watched 'Twilight' together. "God," Lisa uttered in admiration. "Taylor is so hot."

Trevor scoffed and then Lisa looked up at him with a mischievous grin. "Some is jealous."

"I'm not jealous," Trevor sneered.

"Yeah..," Lisa laughed and faced the TV again. "...Right."

After the movie was done, Lisa looked up at him and asked, "So where's the dress?"

Trevor looked down at her with wide eyes as the smile on her face grew wider. He was shocked. Shocked and happy. Lisa was finally asking for the dress. She had come here twice before and they had sex, but she had not taken the dress home possibly because of guilt. Now she here she was, asking for it.

"It's - it's upstairs," Trevor stuttered. "In my closet. In my room."

Lisa quickly lifted herself off his lap and darted for the stairs. She came down a few minutes later with the large box and a large smile on her face. "Gotta go."

Trevor got up, moved to her and held her waist. "You're not sleeping over?" He asked.

"Nope."

Lisa wiggled out of his grip, walked to the door and held the knob before she turned to Trevor and stared at him with a wry smile on her face.

"What?" Trevor asked with furrowed brows of confusion.

"Nothing," Lisa said, before she pulled the door open.

"Lisa," Trevor's voice made her freeze and turn back again.

"Yes?"

"I love you," he said.

Lisa gave him an awkward smile and replied with quiet "Yeah." Then she turned away, walked out the door and shut it behind her.

Lance

Lance checked the time on his phone.

11:45 PM

He saw the seven missed calls from his parents that he had ignored. "Fuckers."

Then he pushed the phone back into his pocket and took a drag of his weed. Lance sat there on the ground with his legs stretched forward and his back resting against a large boulder. The cool night breeze blew at his face as he stared out into the large lake before him. The beautiful Lake Kentworth appeared to be glowing thanks to the reflection of the silver moon. The stars were tiny glittering dots in the sky, crickets chirped and a group of fire-flies danced around nearby bushes and even on top the lake. It was so beautiful here at night, but yet, no one seemed to notice. That was what he loved mostly about it; the tranquillity. He was always furious when he heard stories of how teens of the town came here to have sex or to get laid. But he couldn't blame them though. If he ever had sex with anyone out here, it would be dreamy.

Lance looked up and the dark star-filled sky and took another drag of his weed and blew a puff of smoke into the air. He was not going home tonight, he was going to sleep out here.

This was his home for the night.
Re: The Kings of Kentworth by Slymer: 7:10pm On May 07, 2019
Chapter 37

Lance

The next day at school, Lance was picking a text book from his locker in preparation for his next class when suddenly, someone knocked the book out of his hands. Lance looked up and saw Bruce and Aaron smirking at him.

"What's up fairy?" Bruce snickered.

Lance narrowed his eyes at them and decided to ignore. He then squatted to pick his book up, but Bruce was faster. Bruce snatched the book away from Lance's reach before he could take it.

Lance got to his feet and glared at Bruce. "Bruce." Lance warned.

"So when is your first date with Bowman anyway?" Aaron asked.

"Bleep you." Lance spat as he reached for his book, but Bruce kept stretching it away from his reach.

"Oh come on Lance," Bruce went on as he kept moving the book away from Lance. "We know it's a dream come true for you to tutor Trevor."

Lance suddenly grabbed Bruce by the collar and slammed him against the locker. "Shut up and give me my book Bruce!" Lance growled through his teeth.

Bruce quickly pushed Lance away from him with a look of disgust on his face. "Get off me you gay!"

Lance staggered backwards and glared at Bruce through hooded eyes. He felt his blood boil in his veins as he clenched his fist. He didn't see any reason not to kick Bruce's ass right now. Some students were staring in in the hall way and some peeping out of thier classroom doors at what was going on. Lance saw Lenny and Stephanie not too far behind Bruce and Aaron.

"You ever touch me again?" Bruce snarled. "I'll break your fucking neck."

Lance was about to spit out a reply when Trevor's voice cut him off. "I'd like to see you try."

Lance turned and saw Trevor walking towards the scene with his eyes trained on Bruce and Aaron. He moved up to Bruce until he was face to face with him.

"Oh look," Aaron cooed as he placed his hand on his chest and feigned fright. "It's Lance's Knight in shinning armour."

Lance said nothing. He just kept glaring at Aaron.

"Give Lance his book back, Bruce," Trevor's voice was calm and menacing as he looked into Bruce's eyes.

"Or what?" Bruce smirked as he moved his eye from Lance to Trevor.

"Or we'll have get into another fight out here again and end up in the principal's office afterwards." Trevor hissed. "I'm pretty sure you don't want that."

Bruce looked furious as he clenched his fists and moved his eyes to a speechless Lance and then back to Trevor again, before he dropped the book to the floor.

"You're disgusting," Bruce spat. He turned and walked away with Aaron following right behind him.

Lance watched as Trevor picked up the book and turned to face him. He walked up to Lance and placed the book against Lance's chest, before he walked off without even looking at Lance or saying a word to him.

Lance stood at the same spot for almost a minute after everything had happened. Once again, Trevor had defended him and worst of all, he did not even care if Lance appreciated it or not.

For the rest of that day, Lance kept watching Trevor closely. His curiosity was at its peak now. Lance watched as Trevor ate alone at a table during lunch break and his friends kept snickering with thier eyes on him; obviously gossiping about him.

Afterwards, in Chemistry class, Trevor was the only one at his table. He didn't have a partner. Lance had finished his work and watched as Trevor struggled to put up his apparatus. He had not even started. Lance heard a group of people laughing and suddenly knew he wasn't the only one watching Trevor. He looked back and saw Caleb with a smile on his face and the African American girl whom Aaron dated. Lance didn't know her name, but she had her hand over her mouth, obviously laughing at Trevor.

Then, a loud crash made Lance turn back in Trevor's direction. Trevor's clamp had somehow falling down and broken his burette in the process.

"Shit!" Trevor cussed.

The chemistry teacher spun from the board and faced Trevor. "Bowman," he said. "Be careful. Please."

"Sorry," Trevor said as he started to clean the mess.

It astonished Lance that as he watched Trevor, he was actually fighting the urge to go over and help.

Then, during soccer practice. No one was passing the ball to Trevor again and he didn't seem to care this time. Even in the locker room, he was always at a distance from the others. At a point in the game, Trevor was about to score a goal, but Bruce tackled him down in a way that even Lance could see was intentional. All the boys snickered at each other and laughed whole Trevor did his very best to ignore them.

But for some reason, Lance ignored them too and kept his eyes on Trevor.

Trevor

As Trevor walked into the changing room and took off his soccer boots, he grimaced as his leg ached from the tackle Bruce had given him. He thought Bruce was taking this shit way too seriously. He knew he was trying to make all believable, but jeez. All the boys began to make thier way into the lock room now and Trevor raised his eyes to Bruce.

"Dude," Trevor started. "Take it easy, okay? You almost-."

"Shhh," Aaron quickly cut Trevor off and pointed to the entrance. Trevor looked to the entrance and saw Lance walk in. Lance was searching for someone. Lance was searching for him.

Trevor looked away quickly and held himself from smiling. Shit, that was close.

The boys showered, dressed up. and made their way into the field and outside the stadium.

"Yo!" Bruce began. "Caleb, Aaron. You guys wanna hang tonight? the game is on by seven."

"Sure." Caleb replied.

"I'm bringing beer." Aaron added.

"Awesome." Bruce cheered as he patted thier shoulders.

"Uhm....What about Trevor?" Aaron asked with a mischievous smile on his face.

"Sorry,". Bruce laughed. "No gays allowed."

...and they all laughed.

Trevor kept walking as he heard the conversation behind him. He knew this was all a game, but damn, Bruce was good. From the side of his eye, Trevor could see Lance staring at him up until the left the stadium and walked past the school building and into the parking lot.

"Aww," Bruce started. "Don't feel bad Trev, we'll invite you over when we want to watch Sex and the City."

The boys laughed again.

Trevor took one look at them and shook his head before he opened his car and was about to get in.

"Bowman," Lance's voice made Trevor freeze. He turned and saw Lance hurrying over.

"Yeah?"

Lance stopped in front of him. "Tomorrow. Eleven. The Library," Lance instructed.

"What?"

Lance rolled his eyes and repeated. "Meet me in the library by eleven 'o' clock tomorrow," he slowed his speech as if to say Trevor was hearing impaired. "Our tutorial starts then."

"Oh," Trevor raised his brows and darted his eyes to the boys and back to Lance. "O-Okay. Yeah..sure. Thanks."

Lance hardly waited for Trevor to finish, before he turned and walked away. Trevor then turned to his friends who were watching from beside Bruce's car. he gave them a thumbs up and watched Aaron quietly punch the air like he had scored a goal or something.
Bruce just stood there with his eyes on Trevor and an evil smile on his face, before he mouthed a soundless, "You're welcome."

Trevor looked away from his friends and watched Lance walking in the distance. He couldn't help but smile.

He had done it.

He had the bastard where he wanted him and now, phase two of Lance's destruction would definitely begin tomorrow. He was finally going to Bleep this loser up. Put him in his fucking place for all the shit he put him through.

These next few weeks were going to be very Interesting .

This bet was going to destroy Lance Tiffin,.....

....just like it was going to destroy Trevor Bowman too.

[center]End of Book One[/center]
Re: The Kings of Kentworth by hottadiva(f): 10:27am On May 09, 2019
OP are you a Nigerian?
This is damn good. Didn’t want it to end
Re: The Kings of Kentworth by Slymer: 11:14am On May 12, 2019
Debbiemart:
This is cool

Next update wink wink pls.

Thank you
Re: The Kings of Kentworth by Slymer: 11:17am On May 12, 2019
hottadiva:
OP are you a Nigerian?
This is damn good. Didn’t want it to end

Lol! Haba! Me? Correct Delta boy like this! grin grin
I just read a lot off American novels and movies that's all.
Thanks a lot, i'm glad you like it. But I still dey learn sha oh.

1 Like

Re: The Kings of Kentworth by Slymer: 11:18am On May 12, 2019
bennexboy:
Interesting. Keep it up Buddy

Thank you señor
Re: The Kings of Kentworth by Slymer: 11:21am On May 12, 2019
DivineSpecial:
Slymer wants to kill me with suspense cry[color=#000099][/color]

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Kings of Kentworth by meetme01: 8:04am On May 10, 2020
henriettttta, I tag along. Using this thread to chip little words of mine.

You need to relax your mind. Free your heart to life and enjoy every moment. Don't be too hard on yourself. Calm your nerves. Be positive about everything till it turns othewise. And if if does, the way forward is the best. Everything happens for a reason and anyone our path cross is always for a reason we never know. Love is good but caution is needed. I can see you're trying not to loose guard which is very good and at the same time you need not be hard on yourself.

Bookworms around me find it hard to associate not because they don't want to, but they love their space. You are such. It's cool though however, giving a benefit of doubt is what you need to give everyone. The people we associate with sometimes bring out the best in us. It makes us have a pal to learn other things of life. If you're lucky, the step to greatness can be found amidst your close ally.

About GEE, let it flow like normal friends, draw the line till you are comfortable to cross to the other line. It will take time. Slowly, you would understand him and decide when to give more space.

Don't judge him by your thoughts. Sometimes our instincts are wrong about people till we study, test and examine them. If you're not close or converse regularly, it would be hard to make certain decisions. You never can tell, he may be the guy you really want around. Not as only friends but close friend trending into a lasting relationship.

All the best young lady.

NB.. I know you don't like this. Sincerely, I apologize if I crossed the line.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Vipers Girl / Protected / Rotimi Babatunde Wins 13th Caine Prize For 'Bombay Republic'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 288
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.