Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,768 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire - Jobs/Vacancies (1364) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire (4833631 Views)

Did You Apply For Stanbic IBTC Experience Hire Position? / 1,000 NNPC Graduate Trainees Begin Work On Monday / Graduate Trainee And Exp. Job Recruitment At Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1361) (1362) (1363) (1364) (1365) (1366) (1367) ... (1843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by muhamm3d: 11:00pm On Dec 18, 2019
Eggovic:
Just a question. Is it advisable as a man, to get married and give birth to kids with no steady source of income?

Brother there is nothing worse than when you have d good job and money but you have lost the only woman that u have ever loved and has ever loved u. See, that feeling is killing. If your girl is ready to go through it with you but you have to be totally open to her, let her know ur finances and capacity, don't form and d major thing is that u are hustling and not sitting at home playing ludo and whot. If u are going out and hustling and she's supportive bruh don't ever in ur life lose her else regret will kill you. When u have money and a good job every girl would seem to love u but would u beat ur chest they won't run when things go south. Only that girl that went through hell with you will u beat ur chest that she will stay with you, that feeling alone is satisfying. If you must marry you can hold on with having kids cos kids are expensive but if both of you are getting old u can try with 1 and see how things go but don't forget keep hustling. That alone will keep her hopeful cos last last she's human and she has to see that u are trying to make progress in life no matter how little. But never lose the love of ur life. Celebs are depressed cos they can't find who truly loves them. Forget d online charade you see. Every girl wants to be with them but can they say it's true love. Reason with all d money and fame they hardly ever settle down. Its a terrible feeling trust me. It gets so bad some want to go back to their previous life before celeb status. He no easy trust me.

18 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by joobseekar: 11:04pm On Dec 18, 2019
larride:

Maybe we need to start looking at why everyone must be a graduate.

There’s nothing wrong in being an Artisan. There are lots of artisans that make more money than those in the corporate world.

South Africa that a lot of people use as a yardstick in Africa has a 29% unemployment rate with a 50m population compared to Nigeria with about 200m with a 23.1 unemployment rate (Which is still unacceptably high).

The corporate world in Nigeria cannot absorb the number of graduates our tertiary institutions churn out every year.

If they make schools beyond the reach of commoners, you will still complain.

But there's everything wrong in a graduate being an artisan. Graduate should be an Artist among Artisans.

There's a reason a graduate of Building or Civil Engineering don't go the route of a Bricklayer or Excavator Driver, during his course of learning in the university, yet he leads on site, and do his job to satisfaction.

Human beings are designed or wired to complain, even the rich complains.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by larride(m): 11:04pm On Dec 18, 2019
Grupo:

In many European countries, textiary education is free. And we are talking about quality education here.

In Germany, for instance, many textiary institutions institutions offer free education to both citizens and non citizens alike.

It's mostly in CAPITALIST America where people have to pay through their noses for university education.

Germany has a population of 82m.

Nigeria has a population of about 200m.

Germany is a first world country

Nigeria is still a third world country.

Nigeria has free education from primary to secondary level and heavily subsidized tertiary education.

There’s no country with our kind of population that will offer free tertiary education but Nigeria still try to give a 97% free education. Appreciate it.

10 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by larride(m): 11:05pm On Dec 18, 2019
joobseekar:

But there's everything wrong in a graduate being an artisan. Graduate should be an Artist among Artisans.

There's a reason a graduate of Building or Civil Engineering don't go the route of a Bricklayer or Excavator Driver, during his course of learning in the university, yet he leads on site, and do his job to satisfaction.

OK.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by muhamm3d: 11:07pm On Dec 18, 2019
cocococo:

I love your generous spirit, but you may want to listen to everybody’s story before you decide on who you want to share the limited APLs to.

I may look unsympathetic, but there are some stories that never faze me even when it looks like the subjects of the stories have gone through a lot. The greatest challenge anyone can ever face is health issues, and I mean serious chronic health issues. Anyone saying how he has suffered due to no finance but he still has good health is still in luxury as far as I am concerned. I have been an accident victim that left me in different teaching hospitals in Nigeria and abroad for a combined duration of over 6 months and over 3 years to recuperate, and having done over 10 major surgeries with each taking over 8 hours. Those months, feeding, bathing, taking me to the toilet and cleaning me up was done by my mother. Of course, my girlfriend whom I was supposed to marry ran away. I lost my job that paid me about 200k monthly. Up till this moment, man is still single, because my present hustling is basically a survival job. All my mates are married with kids. I even still have some mild physical deformities I struggle with everyday, and the medical aspect of the NNPC recruitment scares me even if I get APL. But I’m cool, and I have accepted that life cannot always be what we want. During my hospital admission days, I wished I was even an uneducated almajiri person with no degree but with good health. I admired anyone who walked by with his 2 feet and 2 hands, complete and functional. But the funny thing is that while I was on admission, I even saw worse cases in my wards that made my own look like a joke. There was a guy that had 2 legs amputated above the knee, and he pooped on the bed. There was another guy who had his hand about to be amputated and the other hand had serious fractures. A boy had snake bite and got his hand amputated.

All I’m saying is that financial issues only become a thing to deeply worry yourself about when you don’t have a deep understanding of life. That’s why when people come here praying for APL like their whole life depends on it, I laugh! There are other blessings in life you already have that you are taking for granted. On your spare time, take a trip to the A & E of any government hospital. If I had done this before my accident, I wouldn’t have complained about life like I foolishly did that time even with a 200k salary. You don’t have to be like me before you understand life. Take that trip now.

I'm so sorry for everything that has happened to you bro. But you gotta understand that whatever happens to us is our reality. His present situation is his own reality and he hates it. Others will hear what has happened to you and be like you are not serious. Remember there are cancer patients there are those battling with kidney failures. No matter d situation in life there are those above you and there are those below but u can't down play others reality cos you will never know what they are going through. Psychological pressure to provide for d family has driven people to depression and eventual suicide. What could be worse than that bro? I'm really sorry for everything and I want to use this opportunity to beg Almighty Allah in his infinite mercy and the love he has for prophet Muhammed (saw) and all other prophet of his to grant all ur heart desires and all of our desires in this place. Whatever happens I hope we end up in a better place in the coming year. Amin!

18 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by joobseekar: 11:08pm On Dec 18, 2019
muhamm3d:

Brother there is nothing worse than when you have d good job and money but you have lost the only woman that u have ever loved and has ever loved u. See, that feeling is killing. If your girl is ready to go through it with you but you have to be totally open to her, let her know ur finances and capacity, don't form and d major thing is that u are hustling and not sitting at home playing ludo and whot. If u are going out and hustling and she's supportive bruh don't ever in ur life lose her else regret will kill you. When u have money and a good job every girl would seem to love u but would u beat ur chest they won't run when things go south. Only that girl that went through hell with you will u beat ur chest that she will stay with you, that feeling alone is satisfying. If you must marry you can hold on with having kids cos kids are expensive but if both of you are getting old u can try with 1 and see how things go but don't forget keep hustling. That alone will keep her hopeful cos last last she's human and she has to see that u are trying to make progress in life no matter how little. But never lose the love of ur life. Celebs are depressed cos they can't find who truly loves them. Forget d online charade you see. Every girl wants to be with them but can they say it's true love. Reason with all d money and fame they hardly ever settle down. Its a terrible feeling trust me. It gets so bad some want to go back to their previous life before celeb status. He no easy trust me.

Are you not the "Lawyer guy that always want this recruitment canceled?"
Now, I'm wondering, on how I used to wonder, about your wonder...

7 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by CSmooth: 12:41am On Dec 19, 2019
Please what is the name of this thread?

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 12:43am On Dec 19, 2019
This is NNPC thread, so expect your NNPC APL............

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Obasi001(m): 1:20am On Dec 19, 2019
"God hath not promised skies always blue,
Flower-strewn pathways all our lives through;
God hath not promised sun without rain,
Joy without sorrow, peace without pain.
But God hath promised strength for the day,
Rest for the labor, light for the way,
Grace for the trials, help from above,
Unfailing sympathy, undying love.

God hath not promised we shall not know
Toil and temptation, trouble and woe;
He hath not told us we shall not bear
Many a burden, many a care.
But God hath promised strength for the day,.....
Unfailing sympathy, undying love."

That's an extract from a song by Annie Flint, it makes sense to share it in this phase of our life stories. I've had my own share of very bitter experiences too, but all I'll say is this; don't allow any of life's present difficulties to weigh you down, shake them off and step up. Keep pushing until you start living live in the full reality of God's faithful promises.
Tomorrow is pregnant

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 2:50am On Dec 19, 2019
Nice.
Allt of folks have become inspirational storytellers.
Appreciate every situation, you never can tell what brings out the skill of writing in you?
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Eggovic: 3:54am On Dec 19, 2019
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by TheMatrix3: 4:06am On Dec 19, 2019
joobseekar:

No wonder ur nickname is jobseeker grin grin grin
You've probably neither never read books on these subjects (try and read: "global brands: how they made it"wink nor ever been employed only to find out your salary is just a bribe to mk u forget your destiny

One advice though: very very few jobs will ever make u financially stable (even this nnpc salary no go do u after a few years) - learn a trade, it will help u

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Grupo(m): 5:27am On Dec 19, 2019
larride:

Germany has a population of 82m.

Nigeria has a population of about 200m.

Germany is a first world country

Nigeria is still a third world country.

Nigeria has free education from primary to secondary level and heavily subsidized tertiary education.

There’s no country with our kind of population that will offer free tertiary education but Nigeria still try to give a 97% free education. Appreciate it.

You have changed tone.

Earlier, you claimed Nigeria is the only country in the world that offers "free education." I countered it, now you are talking about population.

Okay, let's talk about population. Let's even assume Nigeria has 200m people. More than half of that population don't go to school because they are in the North. The remaining half, get crappy textiary education which you cannot compare to what you get in most other places.

Also, primary and secondary education is not free in most parts of Nigeria. And in places where it is free, people don't take advantage of it because it is low quality elementary education.

However, in places like the US and Canada, quality elementary education up to secondary school is free.

In European countries, you get quality education for free from primary to PhD level.

My argument: Nigeria is not the only country that offers subsidized "low quality" education.

10 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by souljar(m): 5:52am On Dec 19, 2019
Grupo:

You have changed tone.

Earlier, you claimed Nigeria is the only country in the world that offers "free education." I countered it, now you are talking about population.

Okay, let's talk about population. Let's even assume Nigeria has 200m people. More than half of that population don't go to school because they are in the North. The remaining half, get crappy textiary education which you cannot compare to what you get in most other places.

Also, primary and secondary education is not free in most parts of Nigeria. And in places where it is free, people don't take advantage of it because it is low quality elementary education.

However, in places like the US and Canada, quality elementary education up to secondary school is free.

In European countries, you get quality education for free from primary to PhD level.

My argument: Nigeria is not the only country that offers subsidized "low quality" education.
Grupo on firee!! Everybody, please BE A GRUPO!! grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Amalynda: 5:55am On Dec 19, 2019
souljar:

Do you have a Facebook account with at least 200 friends and at least 2months old? Do you have a smartphone? You can earn $150 - $300 monthly in a very legit way. Join whatsapp group https:///BkuC9iQRTRw0MBH36v1RSy to learn about it.

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Grupo(m): 6:04am On Dec 19, 2019
souljar:

Smh!

Are we still waiting for the APL like this?

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Powersurge: 6:43am On Dec 19, 2019
larride:

How many countries in the world provide free “tertiary” education?

Education is expensive anywhere in the world but Nigeria made it affordable for a lot of people. Appreciate that. It’s an open secret that we have infrastructure deficit that must be tackled. No one is denying that.

Nigeria provides animalistic Education yen yen yen but most still use this same degree to pursue masters even Ph.d abroad and those schools still accept those degrees.

Society was not designed for everyone to be a graduate. Thousands or even millions of graduates are doing this kind of jobs (plumbing, welding n the likes). It is the arrogance I’m talking about that makes you think once you are a graduate, you are not cut for those kind of work anymore.

When you finally get the chance to travel out of the country, maybe your view on this will change.

Finally, what have you done for Nigeria?

Education is free in Norway, Sweden and Ireland. There are more but can't remember. Keep quoting J.F Kennedy. Ambazonians are using Cameroon's passport but it doesn't mean Cameroon has the best passport. Because for now, they are cursed with Cameroon. Nigeriens use their certificate as well. Does that make their glorified secondary schools better? We have being used to decay for so long in this country, hence we celebrate rags.

The leaders know the system is animalistic. That's why their kids will not school here. That's why your president will travel to UK to treat ear infection. That's why many of them are having dual citizenship. But it seems you are among the 1% of the 1% that believe. It's a great thing. However, faith is not a leap in the dark. It's a leap on something.

About what I have done for Nigeria, I will just pass on that.

5 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by souljar(m): 7:28am On Dec 19, 2019
Grupo:

Smh!

Are we still waiting for the APL like this?
Right now I care less. If it shud come, it'll meet me on the road to somewhere else. I no come earth to stand for crossroad.

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by souljar(m): 7:28am On Dec 19, 2019
Amalynda:

Do you have a Facebook account with at least 200 friends and at least 2months old? Do you have a smartphone? You can earn $150 - $300 monthly in a very legit way. Join whatsapp group https:///BkuC9iQRTRw0MBH36v1RSy to learn about it.
Wait, why me?? grin
What if I have a smart phone but I am not smart enough to make the money?? cheesy
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 7:37am On Dec 19, 2019
I am sorry i think i am lost, is this NNPC thread?, i mean the thread for 2019 NNPC hopefuls?

This is what happens when a teacher or lecturer fails to show up in time.

Anyway you guys should carry on, whatever rocks your boat at this moment, we cannot come and kill ourselves.

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Grupo(m): 7:42am On Dec 19, 2019
souljar:

Right now I care less. If it shud come, it'll meet me on the road to somewhere else. I no come earth to stand for crossroad.

Good one, my man. Enjoy the upcoming holidays.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by dharniehl(m): 8:26am On Dec 19, 2019
Jump at this if you can http:///s49e422bd191216en_ng
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by DustnSheaButter: 8:38am On Dec 19, 2019
Hehehehe!
And this thread has finally turned to a Relationship thread.

muhamm3d:

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by lahizak: 8:42am On Dec 19, 2019
DustnSheaButter:
Hehehehe!
And this thread has finally turned to a Relationship thread.

Abeg let d thread turn to whatever it wants. Who we kidding? Deep down we all know that less than 10 people on this thread will get APL if it eventually show and 7 out of dos 10 probably have strong godfathers. Probably by sharing stories here, others can reach out and give us jobs
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 19, 2019
muhamm3d:

You sound like someone hustling to please a woman . You should hustle to add value to the society not to please a self acclaim love of your life(woman).

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Teaser4(m): 8:55am On Dec 19, 2019
Eggovic:
Just a question. Is it advisable as a man, to get married and give birth to kids with no steady source of income?
NO

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by saxha: 8:56am On Dec 19, 2019
TheMatrix3:

No wonder ur nickname is jobseeker grin grin grin
You've probably neither never read books on these subjects (try and read: "global brands: how they made it"wink nor ever been employed only to find out your salary is just a bribe to mk u forget your destiny

One advice though: very very few jobs will ever make u financially stable (even this nnpc salary no go do u after a few years) - learn a trade, it will help u

Lol, you can try harder. Didn't you read the part where he said, a graduate should be an artist among artisans?
If I want to be artisan, why am I in classroom? It is people like you that believe what most Nigerian graduates learn only is English speaking.

Who is a graduate?

Graduates (Engineers) research, design, test and build everything from machinery to electrical devices.

Technicians often help engineers with the research and testing of new products or upgrades to old systems.

Artisans are craftspeople who might work with one of a variety of mediums, such as wood, metals or glass.
Below is a comparison of some careers from each field.

Job Title Education Requirements Median Salary (2016)
Graduates (Engineers): Bachelor's Degree $89,210
Technicians:Associate's Degree $58,480
Artisans: High School Diploma, Apprenticeship $31,180
Source: *U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

From the above, why should a person trained to research, design, build and test machines, be working with woods and metals, the role a Secondary school leaver is fit for?

Because Nigeria has failed us, doesn't mean we shouldn't see things right.

9 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 19, 2019
Tommorow is another day to expect APL, never give up!!!

We still have 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 of December.

But today and tomorrow, never give up!!

Authority and Power can push this APL as fast as possible...

5 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by saxha: 8:58am On Dec 19, 2019
hooha:
Tommorow is another day to expect APL, never give up!!!

We still have 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 of December.

But today and tomorrow, never give up!!

Authority and Power can push this APL as fast as possible...

Naijatruth2019, is that you? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 19, 2019
saxha:

Naijatruth2019, is that you? grin grin
............Well done
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by TheMatrix3: 9:07am On Dec 19, 2019
saxha:

Lol, you can try harder. Didn't you read the part where he said, a graduate should be an artist among artisans?
If I want to be artisan, why am I in classroom? It is people like you that believe what most Nigerian graduates learn only is English speaking.

Who is a graduate?

Graduates (Engineers) research, design, test and build everything from machinery to electrical devices.

Technicians often help engineers with the research and testing of new products or upgrades to old systems.

Artisans are craftspeople who might work with one of a variety of mediums, such as wood, metals or glass.
Below is a comparison of some careers from each field.

Job Title Education Requirements Median Salary (2016)
Graduates (Engineers): Bachelor's Degree $89,210
Technicians:Associate's Degree $58,480
Artisans: High School Diploma, Apprenticeship $31,180
Source: *U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

From the above, why should a person trained to research, design, build and test machines, be working with woods and metals, the role a Secondary school leaver is fit for?

Because Nigeria has failed us, doesn't mean we shouldn't see things right.

You still fail to see the bigger picture: artisans dont need salary, they dont need be to paid 12x a year (chew on that)
And from ur US bureau of statistics brouhaha u quoted, I ask once again how many of such jobs exists in Nigeria for graduates: not everybody will get the limited jobs. Good reasons we should not be deceived that going to school is the only way to become rich, as we were told back then. If u dont understand this, I cant help u

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by TheMatrix3: 9:10am On Dec 19, 2019
The electrical engineer in your class that decides to be an "electrician", learns from an artisan electrician for a few months and , starts doing wiring for people by hinself is already an artisan and give him a few years, he'll employ you tongue

So once again I ask "why did we leave artisan jobs for non graduates?"

(1) (2) (3) ... (1361) (1362) (1363) (1364) (1365) (1366) (1367) ... (1843) (Reply)

Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.