Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,072 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:00 PM

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire - Jobs/Vacancies (1708) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire (4825451 Views)

Did You Apply For Stanbic IBTC Experience Hire Position? / 1,000 NNPC Graduate Trainees Begin Work On Monday / Graduate Trainee And Exp. Job Recruitment At Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1705) (1706) (1707) (1708) (1709) (1710) (1711) ... (1843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by BenFlash: 12:49am On Feb 27, 2020
dchem:

Really a sad one. Similar situation almost played out in NLNG around the same period only that northerners were added to some merit list and many wait listed were dropped. I was affected by the NLNG decision but I really see wisdom with federal character especially if we want to remain a peaceful nation. I believe someday when the issues causing the gap is addressed true merit will take its place.

However, for your case the NLNG method should have been adopted rather than deny people who truly merited the scholarship. Good to know you guys turned out well so did I.

To remain a peaceful nation, smh. It is just a matter of time before this fragile peace crumbles if we don't allow for a level playing ground and discard this discriminatory policy.

What you just said is like Chelsea vs Arsenal about to play but because we know Arsenal will make trouble if they do not win, so we all agree to give them an unfair advantage by allowing them field 4 extra players for the sake of Peace. (I doubt if anyone really has a monopoly of violence)

My analogy looks abnormal but it is what is very much obtainable in Nigeria of today right from the unity school level (see link from guardian newspaper below)

https://m.guardian.ng/features/how-discriminatory-admission-criteria-poor-performance-haunt-unity-schools/amp/

God bless Emir Sanusi Lamido for saying it as it is. How I wish someone with such integrity can rule this nation but unfortunately we have built a system that supports only criminals.

12 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by CSmooth: 6:54am On Feb 27, 2020
What a senseless post, you have no idea what merit is

muhamm3d:

I am not a northerner but I feel the decision by Buhari is right. So long as the northerners that were chosen are intelligent minds also. Not only the south have intelligent people they also reside in the north too. Every major group should be represented just for the sake of peace. Here you are wanting all southerners to be chosen for the sake of merit. Now if the president had chosen all northerners in the name of merit, what will be the reaction of every southerner? All southerners will be crying about how Buhari wants to northernize the country. Considering the nature of nigeria, the principle of federal character representation is what is still giving us a semblance of sanity and its currently more important than merit so long as all the candidates are of similar IQ. Jonathan that was trying to push all southerners for such scholarship is the one in the wrong as the principle of federal character is even enshrined in our constitution

7 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by cocococo: 7:43am On Feb 27, 2020
jaiye4love:
Pls all EH should go to NNPC Twitter account and say something concerning our yet to be concluded recruitment exercise. Use the ashtag already provided at the previous page. Regrads
No, I’m not doing. wink No be you need this job pass everybody o. grin
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Atikuorbuhari: 7:46am On Feb 27, 2020
All those people that got invited for Oando second level test, you can check this out

HERE>>>>>>
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Iyajelili(f): 7:53am On Feb 27, 2020
muhamm3d:

I am not a northerner but I feel the decision by Buhari is right. So long as the northerners that were chosen are intelligent minds also. Not only the south have intelligent people they also reside in the north too. Every major group should be represented just for the sake of peace. Here you are wanting all southerners to be chosen for the sake of merit. Now if the president had chosen all northerners in the name of merit, what will be the reaction of every southerner? All southerners will be crying about how Buhari wants to northernize the country. Considering the nature of nigeria, the principle of federal character representation is what is still giving us a semblance of sanity and its currently more important than merit so long as all the candidates are of similar IQ. Jonathan that was trying to push all southerners for such scholarship is the one in the wrong as the principle of federal character is even enshrined in our constitution

You are full of hate and you need to purge yourself of hate because it makes you look unintelligent and stvpid. So even if northerners who sat for the exam/test failed woefully, some should be considered because of peace amongst tribes that is non-existent in the first place? This is the same reason Nigeria is a shit hole and why it is sinking everyday.
I am a Southerner but for God's sake if I don't pass an exam it means I don't deserve it. Truth is the North has benefited from the spoils and corruption of this nation than any other region.

9 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by crowther15(m): 8:15am On Feb 27, 2020
Greenway:
Hello everyone,

I've been following this thread since July 2019. Didn't eventually get the APL but I'm very happy to engage the new phase.
Thanks to all the eggheads here. All of you, irrespective of your idiosyncrasies, are amazing. Even without dropping a comment all these while, I've learnt how to respect each person's line of thought and never take anything personal (so many words here were hurting for real smiley)

Anyway, the success story may not come today but will come someday, so we keep hope alive.
A big congratulations to the successful guys.
I wish the EHs too a successful outcome of this effort.

Moving forward: after the release of the APL, many commiserating messages included the need to explore the field of IT and I've decided to embrace one aspect of it.
Among other plans, I wish to learn and become a professional in Data Science.
Please I need direction in this field - free courses to take, materials to download etc.

I will really appreciate anyone who deems it fit to help a brother with the needed guidance.

Thanks and God bless!
You can check this out................ https://learndigital.withgoogle.com/digitalskills/sign-in?destination_url=https%3A%2F%2Flearndigital.withgoogle.com%2Fdigitalskills%2Fprofile%3Futm_source%3DEmail%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_term%3DSMB%26utm_content%3Dcta_visitmyaccount_page%26utm_campaign%3DQ2_2018_AFEN_signupform

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Keemy88(m): 9:00am On Feb 27, 2020
Congratulations to the successful candidates
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by muhamm3d: 9:02am On Feb 27, 2020
Iyajelili:

You are full of hate and you need to purge yourself of hate because it makes you look unintelligent and stvpid. So even if northerners who sat for the exam/test failed woefully, some should be considered because of peace amongst tribes that is non-existent in the first place? This is the same reason Nigeria is a shit hole and why it is sinking everyday.
I am a southern but for God's sake if I don't pass an exam it means I don't deserve it. Truth is the North has benefited from the spoils and corruption of this nation than any other region.
English isn't so hard. Read, digest before you reply. Comprehension is a vital part of literacy.

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 9:09am On Feb 27, 2020
Federal character is good for a country like Nigeria, and good for a multi-lingua nation. Those who are from the merit regions are to train those who are from educationally-low regions, and employment should involve all, since everyone is expected to pay tax.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by muhamm3d: 9:16am On Feb 27, 2020
FLOW101:
You don't understand merit. It shows in your response. Many Nigerians don't understand what merit really means. They've been going through life cutting corners in everything. The other day, one Northerner wanted to use 'connection' to jump a hospital queue of only three persons. I had to ask him if he couldn't do even the simplest things without gaming the system.

Merit means a test taken by everyone should be the only basis of the scholarship, not the tribe or region of the candidate.

Many people fail to realize that:

1. Easy Oil Money is the reason we can afford to be so stupid for so long. If our economy relied entirely on our productivity as individuals, we'd even be importing competent people from abroad like advanced societies do.

2. If all sectors of our economy were peopled with the most competent of us, we'd lift more people out of poverty. Heck, we'd be so rich that the low fliers now occupying critical positions on account of their tribe would even be on welfare where they'll live out their days to the best of their abilities.

It's rich seeing how the easterners are complaining about how northerners are trying to dominate everywhere and hence no meritocracy. When they are the ones that started this dominance in the 1st place. The first coup that happened in Nigeria in which Aguiyi Ironsi created an extremely unitary state, he kept Igbos in every position in this country. Removed all other tribes from every position and put Igbos eveeywhere. Go read your history book. No one says anything about it. Some of us painstakenly read history of nigeria even though they are no longer thought in our schools. Igbos started this idea of dominating everywhere with their tribe people in Nigeria right from the 1st republic and It's still in existence till today. If you go to UBA you will think the 2nd floor is a portal to Enugu. Igbo owned private business in other places are dominated by igbo employees. When Stella Oduah was aviation minister. If you are not Igbo you can't join FAAN, It's as simple as that. 90 percent of all employment into aviation in her time were Igbos. So what are we talking about. If an Igbo man becomes president today he will fix Igbos everywhere just like Buhari is doing to northerners, they can't stop themselves even if they try it. So why are they now blaming Buhari like he has done what they wouldn't do. Only tribe that accommodates others in Nigeria are Yorubas. Yorubas are the ones that will start a company and every tribe will be adequately represented in the organization. Infact Yorubas will be the least employed cos his employment will be strictly based on merit. Igbo and hausas/fulanis are the same that's why they can never agree on anything.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by muhamm3d: 9:23am On Feb 27, 2020
I'm Yoruba but Igbos need to stop underestimating other people. It's the sole reason they lost woefully in their failed Biafra attempt. Northerners are extremely intelligent also. Infact an average Kano man is extremely intelligent and calculative. The idea that academic merit should favour only the south is nothing short of crazy but when northerners are chosen in large numbers it can only be through God-fatherism. This thought process is simply pathetic and shows your lack of exposure cos if you had ever left your mother's laps you would learn many things about other tribes in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Amex2018: 9:28am On Feb 27, 2020
Greenway:
Hello everyone,

I've been following this thread since July 2019. Didn't eventually get the APL but I'm very happy to engage the new phase.
Thanks to all the eggheads here. All of you, irrespective of your idiosyncrasies, are amazing. Even without dropping a comment all these while, I've learnt how to respect each person's line of thought and never take anything personal (so many words here were hurting for real smiley)

Anyway, the success story may not come today but will come someday, so we keep hope alive.

Moving forward: after the release of the APL, many commiserating messages included the need to explore the field of IT and I've decided to embrace one aspect of it.
Please I need direction in this field - free courses to take, materials to download etc.

I will really appreciate anyone who deems it fit to help a brother with the needed guidance.

Thanks and God bless!

Same story here.

Even before missing out of the APL, I've started learning Python programming on a low key. I haven't made much progress in this regards anyway. I would very much appreciate advice on how to stay focus and make it a goal before year's ending.

Respect

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by ottsaraf: 9:41am On Feb 27, 2020
MY CONSOLATION AFTER NNPC DISAPPOINTMENT

I had high hopes on the NNPC recruitment after the interviews which, to the best of my knowledge, I did very well. My current job (now previous) became tiring for me and i thought NNPC woukd salvage my aspirations.

I was on an official assignment that Friday when mails were sent to successful candidates but i didnt have the time to come on nairaland to check updates. In the evening when I got home, i received a chat from my female friend who knew i applied for the job. She said they've started sending mails. I hurriedly relaunched my Gmail app and refreshed multiple times but unfortunately, I didnt see ant mail from NNPC. I was sad, dejected and disappointed. My wife felt it the more....she went into deep thought straight like she was the one that applied.

But to the glory of God, the following Tuesday, I got an offer (not like NNPC but far better than my current job) to resume in an Oil Terminal in Warri with a company. To God be the Glory.

To other people who didn't get the NNPC APL like me, I pray to God to make you smile very very soon with a job (better job).

To those that got the NNPC APL, I wish you all the best in your careers too.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Isaacosas1: 9:42am On Feb 27, 2020
Someone should just ask for my CV and tell me I'm qualified for this opportunity (any with reasonable pay check) and I got the job. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Nairalanders please help a friend in need. cry cry

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by BenFlash: 9:45am On Feb 27, 2020
freedomest:
Federal character is good for a country like Nigeria, and good for a multi-lingua nation. Those who are from the merit regions are to train those who are from educationally-low regions, and employment should involve all, since everyone is expected to pay tax.

The average northerner believes that he/she can stand toe-to-toe, shoulder-to-shoulder with his/her southern counterpart or even better, I for one have come across some exceptionally intelligent blokes.

So where did this idea of educationally low regions come from?

This can only come from the snakes in politics irrespective of the tribe. They work to divide us along tribal lines, they highlight the excesses of the other tribe but intentionally play down on whatever attempt each tribe made at unifying the country. The sad part is that we always take the bait.

8 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Isaacosas1: 9:47am On Feb 27, 2020
This is a good opportunity that can make one feel less depressed about this NNPC disappointment. Congratulations to you. Cheers

ottsaraf:
MY CONSOLATION AFTER NNPC DISAPPOINTMENT

I had high hopes on the NNPC recruitment after the interviews which, to the best of my knowledge, I did very well. My current job (now previous) became tiring for me and i thought NNPC woukd salvage my aspirations.

I was on an official assignment that Friday when mails were sent to successful candidates but i didnt have the time to come on nairaland to check updates. In the evening when I got home, i received a chat from my female friend who knew i applied for the job. She said they've started sending mails. I hurriedly relaunched my Gmail app and refreshed multiple times but unfortunately, I didnt see ant mail from NNPC. I was sad, dejected and disappointed. My wife felt it the more....she went into deep thought straight like she was the one that applied.

But to the glory of God, the following Tuesday, I got an offer (not like NNPC but far better than my current job) to resume in an Oil Terminal in Warri with a company. To God be the Glory.

To other people who didn't get the NNPC APL like me, I pray to God to make you smile very very soon with a job (better job).

To those that got the NNPC APL, I wish you all the best in your careers too.

6 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by yungmin: 9:48am On Feb 27, 2020
muhamm3d:

You northerners like arguing back and forth. The origin of this argument was as a result of some you trying to make point the north is not educationally backwards and your schools provide better education bla bla bla. Even when we know that the average kid in the south is required to perform more the twice better than an average northerner to secure a place into any of the federal unity schools. This guy's post which I shared is very clear. Imagine if after the aptitude test we did with NNPC, we got our results immediately; I doubt anyone would be peddling rumours as to any irregularities in the recruitment process. This was the case with the PRESSID scholarship. They got their results immediately after clicking the "submit" button in the exam hall. This is what is called merit based selection process. There is no way any selection process would take place in Nigeria that would produce only northerners; if it is done by merit. You guys should just accept that the quota system is just in Nigeria to accommodate northerners. The sad part is that you guys have refused to improve in all developmental indices. Before now, it was the southwest and perhaps southeast that dominated the academia and technical professionals. The south-south were seen as militants. But truth be told, we in the south-south have improved tremendously. We are not clamouring for any quota system to compete.

I'm sure if we do a research why most of our government institutions are failing, it might not be unrelated to the population of northerners who are there as a result of quota system. Just see Magu and corruptionvirus sorry, coronavirus grin

15 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by BenFlash: 9:55am On Feb 27, 2020
muhamm3d:

It's rich seeing how the easterners are complaining about how northerners are trying to dominate everywhere and hence no meritocracy. When they are the ones that started this dominance in the 1st place. The first coup that happened in Nigeria in which Aguiyi Ironsi created an extremely unitary state, he kept Igbos in every position in this country. Removed all other tribes from every position and put Igbos eveeywhere. Go read your history book. No one says anything about it. Some of us painstakenly read history of nigeria even though they are no longer thought in our schools. Igbos started this idea of dominating everywhere with their tribe people in Nigeria right from the 1st republic and It's still in existence till today. If you go to UBA you will think the 2nd floor is a portal to Enugu. Igbo owned private business in other places are dominated by igbo employees. When Stella Oduah was aviation minister. If you are not Igbo you can't join FAAN, It's as simple as that. 90 percent of all employment into aviation in her time were Igbos. So what are we talking about. If an Igbo man becomes president today he will fix Igbos everywhere just like Buhari is doing to northerners, they can't stop themselves even if they try it. So why are they now blaming Buhari like he has done what they wouldn't do. Only tribe that accommodates others in Nigeria are Yorubas. Yorubas are the ones that will start a company and every tribe will be adequately represented in the organization. Infact Yorubas will be the least employed cos his employment will be strictly based on merit. Igbo and hausas/fulanis are the same that's why they can never agree on anything.

Oga all tribes in Nigeria are inherently nepotistic, it is the way the average Nigerian is wired and that includes Yoruba. Let's not even go there. If you mention U.B.A. for Igbos, then one can be tempted to mention the defunct Oceanic Bank for Yorubas or the defunct Platinum Habib Bank for the Hausa/fulanis. Abeg lets not go that route, it is a bottomless pit.

If you look very hard for errors in a simple situation, you are more often than not going to find one. Aguiyi Ironsi did something in the 60s, you held on to it but I am sure you won't talk about the inauguration of the chief Imam of Imo state at the state house that just happened few days ago because it does not suit your divisive narrative.

8 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Aminuabiolamuhd(m): 10:06am On Feb 27, 2020
josescotch:
Please oh for we non engineers, what is Newton's 3rd law

Newtons 3rd Law states that for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

The posters reaction was triggered by some actions i guess.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Aminuabiolamuhd(m): 10:18am On Feb 27, 2020
muhamm3d:
I'm Yoruba but Igbos need to stop underestimating other people. It's the sole reason they lost woefully in their failed Biafra attempt. Northerners are extremely intelligent also. Infact an average Kano man is extremely intelligent and calculative. The idea that academic merit should favour only the south is nothing short of crazy but when northerners are chosen in large numbers it can only be through God-fatherism. This thought process is simply pathetic and shows your lack of exposure cos if you had ever left your mother's laps you would learn many things about other tribes in Nigeria
How can i like your comment more than once. Some people are just soo full of them selves.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by DeeOne19: 10:19am On Feb 27, 2020
Hi Greenway,
For youtube video lessons, you can follow this guy "Krish Naik" - https://www.youtube.com/user/krishnaik06/playlists.

The guy has a very rich videos and library on how to evolve to becoming a professional Data Scientist.

Take care.

Greenway:
Hello everyone,

Thanks and God bless!
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by crowther15(m): 10:33am On Feb 27, 2020
Amex2018:

Same story here.

Even before missing out of the APL, I've started learning Python programming on a low key. I haven't made much progress in this regards anyway. I would very much appreciate advice on how to stay focus and make it a goal before year's ending.

Respect
I am also a fan of Python for data analytics

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by bulespephilo(m): 10:36am On Feb 27, 2020
BenFlash:

The average northerner believes that he/she can stand toe-to-toe, shoulder-to-shoulder with his/her southern counterpart or even better, I for one have come across some exceptionally intelligent blokes.

So where did this idea of educationally low regions come from?

This can only come from the snakes in politics irrespective of the tribe. They work to divide us along tribal lines, they highlight the excesses of the other tribe but intentionally play down on whatever attempt each tribe made at unifying the country. The sad part is that we always take the bait.

Exactly o. I've always wondered where such theories and conclusion come from.
I'm from the North (Taraba), grew up in the North (Kaduna), and studied in the North. I'm currently pursuing a master's degree in the southwest (U.I).
In a class of a little over 70 with around (90-95)% from the southwest, I couldn't find the kind of competition I expected, especially from an institution like UI.

Once the lecturer goes outside the box and past questions, students are crippled beyond expectation. cry
Cramming ability defines excellence many times. Such an excellence I'd say is only comparable to president Buhari's fight against corruption. It's simply fake.

I still wonder where that notion of South > North comes from. In terms of exposure, I agree 100% but in terms of mental capacity? It's a different ball game entirely. Expose us to same environment, circumstances and resources on the average and see what happens over a period of time; I bet it'll be a shocker to many.

In few words, Nigeria is blessed and graced across all regions. We have our differences and that makes us unique and beautiful. The earlier we embrace it, the better for us if we'll ever push the country.

8 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by helpedboy: 10:48am On Feb 27, 2020
bulespephilo:

Exactly o. I've always wondered where such theories and conclusion come from.
I'm from the North (Taraba), grew up in the North (Kaduna), and studied in the North. I'm currently pursuing a master's degree in the southwest (U.I).
In a class of a little over 70 with around (90-95)% from the southwest, I couldn't find the kind of competition I expected, especially from an institution like UI.

Once the lecturer goes outside the box and past questions, students are crippled beyond expectation. cry
Cramming ability defines excellence many times. Such an excellence I'd say is only comparable to president Buhari's fight against corruption. It's simply fake.

I still wonder where that notion of South > North comes from. In terms of exposure, I agree 100% but in terms of mental capacity? It's a different ball game entirely. Expose us to same environment, circumstances and resources on the average and see what happens over a period of time; I bet it'll be a shocker to many.

In few words, Nigeria is blessed and graced across all regions. We have our differences and that makes us unique and beautiful. The earlier we embrace it, the better for us if we'll ever push the country.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by tyakson99: 11:15am On Feb 27, 2020
Even in abroad, they practice quota system. Before they give you any opportunity, they ensure that they didn't find none of their citizens worthy of it even if you out perform them. Secondly even if there is no quota system and the competition is left for those in the south alone, I can assure you that sooner or later there will be clamor for it to be brought back because some few state in the south that are educationally ahead will grab all the opportunities while some will not. So how will that foster unity. The truth is there are intelligent people everywhere, the only difference is that due to our history, the south embraced education earlier than the north due to cultural and religious factors. This is why the literacy level in the south is higher than in the north. So to ensure equity, the best from each region should be given opportunities to grow. You might be surprise that a 2.1 graduate from the north might even be better than you with first class from the south if giving similar exposure. It is something I have seen countless time

7 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Miky91: 11:18am On Feb 27, 2020
Gbam#

tyakson99:
Even in abroad, they practice quota system. Before they give you any opportunity, they ensure that they didn't find none of their citizens worthy of it even if you out perform them. Secondly even if there is no quota system and the competition is left for those in the south alone, I can assure you that sooner or later there will be clamor for it to be brought back because some few state in the south that are educationally ahead will grab all the opportunities while some will not. So how will that foster unity. The truth is there are intelligent people everywhere, the only difference is that due to our history, the south embraced education earlier than the north due to cultural and religious factors. This is why the literacy level in the south is higher than in the north. So to ensure equity, the best from each region should be given opportunities to grow. You might be surprise that a 2.1 graduate from the north might even be better than you with first class from the south if giving similar exposure. It is something I have seen countless time
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by yungmin: 11:27am On Feb 27, 2020
tyakson99:

[s][/s]Even in abroad, they practice quota system. Before they give you any opportunity, they ensure that they didn't find none of their citizens worthy of it even if you out perform them.[s][/s] Secondly even if there is no quota system and the competition is left for those in the south alone, I can assure you that sooner or later there will be clamor for it to be brought back because some few state in the south that are educationally ahead will grab all the opportunities while some will not. So how will that foster unity. The truth is there are intelligent people everywhere, the only difference is that due to our history, the south embraced education earlier than the north due to cultural and religious factors. This is why the literacy level in the south is higher than in the north. So to ensure equity, the best from each region should be given opportunities to grow. You might be surprise that a 2.1 graduate from the north might even be better than you with first class from the south if giving similar exposure. It is something I have seen countless time

This is a false analogy pls! The quota system we practice here is about putting round pegs in square holes.

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by tyakson99: 11:34am On Feb 27, 2020
We all see scholarship where they specify, for Europeans and attach conditions for international candidates. That is to tell you that they will first consider their citizens before looking outside. You now want a heterogeneous country like Nigeria to ditch quota system in government appointment and jobs. What i clamor for is that the best from each state be selected so that those that are educationally behind can also grow.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by survivex: 11:43am On Feb 27, 2020
Merit is neither a Southerner or Northerner. Merit simply says let the best performing individual(s) be given the responsibility do what is required based on test criteria carried out.

I wonder why we have divided everything in this country across ethnic and religious lines. We need to learn to address and respect people based on their competencies and not across divided lines.

Unfortunately, the government have sown seeds of disconnects and divides amongst us, and all we see is region and religion before respect for the individual follows. The crux of the matter is that we have defaced merit for divide, people are favoured cos they are either from this region or based on faith. These factors are why things are not working in the country and corrupt practices continue to strive. Every region has excellent people, let the best compete and have the jobs.

muhamm3d:

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by tyakson99: 11:46am On Feb 27, 2020
yungmin:

This is a false analogy pls! The quota system we practice here is about putting round pegs in square holes.
Bros... Whether you like it or not, this advanced countries give opportunities to their own citizens first before considering any outsider. But you don't see it that way because they have manage to create several opportunities far greater than their citizens can take up and because of their desire to keep leading in terms of the technology and innovations, they invite intellectuals from other parts of the world to come in.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by yungmin: 11:48am On Feb 27, 2020
tyakson99:

Bros... Whether you like it or not, this advanced countries give opportunities to their own citizens first before considering any outsider. But you don't see it that way because they have manage to create several opportunities far greater than their citizens can take up and because of their desire to keep leading in terms of the technology and innovations, they invite intellectuals from other parts of the world to come in.

Abroad countries don't do incompetence. The criteria has always been to find a citizen who can do the job before considering a foreigner. This is different from the quota system we practice here.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by CSmooth: 11:48am On Feb 27, 2020
I really don't care where any person is from, as long as people that are given stuff earned them, it's fine.
What is disturbing is when a person who ordinarily wouldn't merit something is given it because of where he/she is from but alas that's the way it is.
If you are from a region where things are easier for you as per lower requirements and all, it's your luck.
If you are from a region where competition is stiff and requirements are harder, it's your luck too, you have to work extra hard but las las, if Nigeria doesn't get to the point of placing more emphasis on merit than on region, we will not see any positive improvement.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1705) (1706) (1707) (1708) (1709) (1710) (1711) ... (1843) (Reply)

Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 195
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.