Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire - Jobs/Vacancies (1709) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire (4834321 Views)

Did You Apply For Stanbic IBTC Experience Hire Position? / 1,000 NNPC Graduate Trainees Begin Work On Monday / Graduate Trainee And Exp. Job Recruitment At Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1706) (1707) (1708) (1709) (1710) (1711) (1712) ... (1843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by CSmooth: 11:50am On Feb 27, 2020
Very correct, the key point being "competence"

yungmin:

Abroad countries don't do incompetence. The criteria has always been to find a citizen who can do the job before considering a foreigner. This is different from the quota system we practice here.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by AududuNine11: 11:59am On Feb 27, 2020
favouredpikin:

For me any firm that identifies an employee's real worth just on resignation of the employee is not worth staying. This happened in the coy where I work. My boss got a good offer. It was then that they woke up and decided to triple the offer. But my boss was advised to leave despite the juicy offer. And now my boss is with Carbon as the HOD finance.
So what am I saying you have to move to NNPC don't mind the offer on the table

Spot on!
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by tyakson99: 11:59am On Feb 27, 2020
survivex:
Merit is neither a Southerner or Northerner. Merit simply says let the best performing individual(s) be given the responsibility do what is required based on test criteria carried out.

I wonder why we have divided everything in this country across ethnic and religious lines. We need to learn to address and respect people based on their competencies and not across divided lines.

Unfortunately, the government have sown seeds of disconnects and divides amongst us, and all we see is region and religion before respect for the individual follows. The crux of the matter is that we have defaced merit for divide, people are favoured cos they are either from this region or based on faith. These factors are why things are not working in the country and corrupt practices continue to strive. Every region has excellent people, let the best compete and have the jobs.

Bros.. When you have a heterogeneous set-up like in Nigeria, common sense should let us know that opportunities should be spread across all regions and the best from each region should be selected for inclusive growth and peace. There is intelligence in every locality. The only difference is the literacy and exposure level and that is why you think you are better than someone from the north. Some even use your oratory prowess to judge your level of intelligence which is wrong.

6 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Miky91: 11:59am On Feb 27, 2020
Quota system means the best performing candidates from each state. It is called merit list from each state.

5 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 12:02pm On Feb 27, 2020
Let's see quota system as merit list from each state....That's a good one... Please let everyone get fair share in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Ladyjane5657(f): 12:08pm On Feb 27, 2020
Am I the only one who doesn't know how to join in this argument?? cry
Haven't been more bored and clueless in my entire stay on this thread.

Why do people keep choosing to argue over sensitive issues like this? Next thing now, ethnic rivalry! Puleeeeeezeeeee y'all should shift!

NEWSFLASH
I'm still looking for a good job that pays well and won't stress my life cheesy
BTW, if u tinking I'm not serious minded, wait till u employ me grin

10 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by tyakson99: 12:10pm On Feb 27, 2020
yungmin:

Abroad countries don't do incompetence. The criteria has always been to find a citizen who can do the job before considering a foreigner. This is different from the quota system we practice here.
What you are now talking about doesn't bother on quota system. It is the corruption in our system where people get jobs through connection and not because they are the best in their state. If federal character and merit is been followed judiciously, competent people will be hired. I have seen countless situations where those with poor grades are hired from a state because they have connection while the intelligent once from those state are denied the opportunity. So in that situation, you may tend to think that people from such state are not qualified without knowing that the qualified once were denied the opportunity because they don't know anyone

12 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by yungmin: 12:15pm On Feb 27, 2020
tyakson99:

What you are now talking about doesn't bother on quota system. It is the corruption in our system where people get jobs through connection and not because they are the best in their state. If federal character and merit is been followed judiciously, competent people will be hired. I have seen countless situations where those with poor grades are hired from a state because they have connection while the intelligent once from those state are denied the opportunity. So in that situation, you may tend to think that people from such state are not qualified without knowing that the qualified once were denied the opportunity because they don't know anyone

We are know that what we refer to as quota system is actually corruption. I actually believe there are extremely intelligent northerners and corrupt system also does not give them opportunity.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by tyakson99: 12:22pm On Feb 27, 2020
yungmin:

We are know that what we refer to as quota system is actually corruption. I actually believe there are extremely intelligent northerners and corrupt system also does not give them opportunity.
Bro... You are correct, believe me even America and all the developed countries, they ensure everything they do has national spread to promote peace and unity but in doing so, they clamor for the best from each region. You won't realize this until you deeply look into their system

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by tyakson99: 12:30pm On Feb 27, 2020
And even this quota system that some of you are clamoring to be removed, I can tell you it won't favor many state even in the south. By the time 90% of the slots in terms of jobs and scholarship keep going to one or two state in the south west because of their educational advancement and the rest are left with little or nothing, nobody will tell you to demand for merit based quota system.

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Shalnick23: 12:32pm On Feb 27, 2020
There are a lot of highly intelligent people from the north as well as a lot of illiterate and unexposed persons. Most people complaining here have not even been to the north before. I'm from the north, kaduna in particular...one of the best scientist Nigeria has ever produced Prof Andrew Nok, came from the same place with me.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by yungmin: 12:36pm On Feb 27, 2020
Shalnick23:
There are a lot of highly intelligent people from the north as well a lot of illiterate and unexposed persons. Most people complaining here have not even been to the north before. I'm from the north, kaduna in particular...one of the best scientist Nigeria has ever produced Prof Andrew Nok, came from same the place with me.

This is where I get really uncomfortable having this conversation with you guys from the north. Even there are people who exceptionally intelligent in the north, it doesn't remove the fact that in the overall, there is an educational problem in the north compared to the south. Don't you guys see the details of waec and neco results released every year? Or should we talk about the outrageous cutoff marks given to northerners to get into any of the unity schools? You guys should just face it

9 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by BenFlash: 12:40pm On Feb 27, 2020
Shalnick23:
There are a lot of highly intelligent people from the north as well as a lot of illiterate and unexposed persons. Most people complaining here have not even been to the north before. I'm from the north, kaduna in particular...one of the best scientist Nigeria has ever produced Prof Andrew Nok, came from same the place with me.

The bolded sentence applies to every region which beckons the question, why will some states still be classified as educationally disadvantaged when we know they can produce the likes of Prof. Andrew Nok?

Everyone seems to be forced to look away from this daylight lie because it favours a particular set of people.

8 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by tyakson99: 12:46pm On Feb 27, 2020
To add to my submission, I can tell you that even Private companies practice quota system. Yes they do. For example, a company that has offices in different part of the country would like to have employees from many part of the country to favor their business. But in doing so, they go for the best available from the recruitment screening.

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by BenFlash: 12:55pm On Feb 27, 2020
tyakson99:
And even this quota system that some of you are clamoring to be removed, I can tell you it won't favor many state even in the south. By the time 90% of the slots in terms of jobs and scholarship keep going to one or two state in the south west because of their educational advancement and the rest are left with little or nothing, nobody will tell you to demand for merit based quota system.

Truth is if 90% of the slots goes to two states in the South west because of their educational advancement like you purported (which I seriously doubt though), it will prompt other regions to put more efforts and stop hoping on quota system to favour them.

If America did not humiliate Japan in the 50s, do you think they would have pushed themselves to be one of the best in technology today, military and otherwise? Please any society that welcomes healthy competition will certainly excel. That's a fact.

8 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by BenFlash: 1:00pm On Feb 27, 2020
tyakson99:
To add to my submission, I can tell you that even Private companies practice quota system. Yes they do. For example, a company that has offices in different part of the country would like to have employees from many part of the country to favor their business. But in doing so, they go for the best available from the recruitment screening.

I think the word you are looking for is diversification and not quota system because the idea of quota system has been abused by our leaders. They seem to understand it differently.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Dmamasboy(m): 1:05pm On Feb 27, 2020
BenFlash:

Oga all tribes in Nigeria are inherently nepotistic, it is the way the average Nigerian is wired and that includes Yoruba. Let's not even go there. If you mention U.B.A. for Igbos, then one can be tempted to mention the defunct Oceanic Bank for Yorubas or the defunct Platinum Habib Bank for the Hausa/fulanis. Abeg lets not go that route, it is a bottomless pit.

If you look very hard for errors in a simple situation, you are more often than not going to find one. Aguiyi Ironsi did something in the 60s, you held on to it but I am sure you won't talk about the inauguration of the chief Imam of Imo state at the state house that just happened few days ago because it does not suit your divisive narrative.

Charle!!!! So Imo state inaugurated chief imam!! That is shocking to me. I’ve never seen an Igbo Muslim before. Tells you no be everything pesin know. But the inauguration is a huge development.
But come to think of it, the fact that the government inaugurated it doesn’t mean the people accepted it. Government has a way of sidelining the people to do things that will appeal to the outside people.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by BenFlash: 1:07pm On Feb 27, 2020
Dmamasboy:

Charle!!!! So Imo state inaugurated chief imam!! That is shocking to me. I’ve never seen an Igbo Muslim before. Tells you no be everything pesin know. But the inauguration is a huge development.
But come to think of it, the fact that the government inaugurated it doesn’t mean the people accepted it. Government has a way of sidelining the people to do things that will appeal to the outside people.

Your last paragraph is a matter for another day, but the point I am making is that it happened but the divisive minded people wont want to discuss it.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by tyakson99: 1:23pm On Feb 27, 2020
BenFlash:

Truth is if 90% of the slots goes to two states in the South west because of their educational advancement like you purported (which I seriously doubt though), it will prompt other regions to put more efforts and stop hoping on quota system to favour them.

If America did not humiliate Japan in the 50s, do you think they would have pushed themselves to be one of the best in technology today, military and otherwise? Please any society that welcomes healthy competition will certainly excel. That's a fact.
Oga... You can only grow when given the opportunity to do so. If the best amongst you are not been giving the opportunity to get further exposure through scholarship or jobs simply because you are deemed not good enough. How then do you develop and encourage other to follow suite?
The point of America and Japan is not applicable here because they are two different independent entities, no sane society and I repeat sane society does not fight for inclusive growth through equity.
If I may ask, why do this advance countries formulate laws and policies to protect the vulnerable and promote greater inclusiveness. Nowadays you see scholarship and opportunities being solely left for women to bridge gender gap in science and technology, you see laws to protect elderly and so on.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by BenFlash: 1:34pm On Feb 27, 2020
bulespephilo:

Exactly o. I've always wondered where such theories and conclusion come from.
I'm from the North (Taraba), grew up in the North (Kaduna), and studied in the North. I'm currently pursuing a master's degree in the southwest (U.I).
In a class of a little over 70 with around (90-95)% from the southwest, I couldn't find the kind of competition I expected, especially from an institution like UI.

Once the lecturer goes outside the box and past questions, students are crippled beyond expectation. cry
Cramming ability defines excellence many times. Such an excellence I'd say is only comparable to president Buhari's fight against corruption. It's simply fake.

I still wonder where that notion of South > North comes from. In terms of exposure, I agree 100% but in terms of mental capacity? It's a different ball game entirely. Expose us to same environment, circumstances and resources on the average and see what happens over a period of time; I bet it'll be a shocker to many.

In few words, Nigeria is blessed and graced across all regions. We have our differences and that makes us unique and beautiful. The earlier we embrace it, the better for us if we'll ever push the country.

@bolded: for the umpteenth time, the problem of the North are their elites, they are ones pushing the narratives that the south is educationally advantaged over their northern counterpart so as to curry unhealthy favour from FGN leveraging on quota system.

The northern elite will not want the Almajiri to go to school and be exposed, they'd prefer to see them carry their plates and line up in front of their houses for a meal per day and worship them like demi gods. This in turn promotes an unwavering loyalty towards their political cause.

The parents of these kids are too impoverished to influence their fate, the best they can do is to sleep with each other and produce more Almajiris afterall God will handle the rest.

So in essence, my point is that the exposure,environment, circumstances and resources are there in the north to enable them compete favourably with their southern counterpart but the problem is that it is only confined to the four walls of that Alhaji's mansion while those that really need it are queued up outside barely clothed with one big bowl under their armpit.

10 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by tyakson99: 1:35pm On Feb 27, 2020
BenFlash:

I think the word you are looking for is diversification and not quota system because the idea of quota system has been abused by our leaders. They seem to understand it differently.
Again sir, the whole essence of quota system is for diversity and inclusive development. Quota system is abused in Nigeria because of corruption. If the best from a less educationally exposed state is selected, incompetency would be reduce and through interaction with more learned folks, the guys would also pick up the challenge and horn their skills.
However, how to you expect the federal government to improve the education system in the North if it gives all the scholarship to those from the south?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by tyakson99: 1:44pm On Feb 27, 2020
BenFlash:

@bolded: for the umpteenth time, the problem of the North are their elites, they are ones pushing the narratives that the south is educationally advantaged over their northern counterpart so as to curry unhealthy favour from FGN leveraging on quota system.

The northern elite will not want the Almajiri to go to school and be exposed, they'd prefer to see them carry their plates and line up in front of their houses for a meal per day and worship them like demi gods. This in turn promotes an unwavering loyalty towards their political cause.

The parents of these kids are too impoverished to influence their fate, the best they can do is to sleep with each other and produce more Almajiris afterall God will handle the rest.

So in essence, my point is that the exposure,environment, circumstances and resources are there in the north to enable them compete favourably with their southern counterpart but the problem is that it is only confined to the four walls of that Alhaji's mansion while those that really need it are queued up outside barely clothed with one big bowl under their armpit.
Bros... I want to ask you, Why are some scholarship and jobs left for women to promote gender balance? Why don't you tell organizers of such scheme to throw it open to both men and woman and pick you that would score 100/100.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by BenFlash: 1:49pm On Feb 27, 2020
tyakson99:

Again sir, the whole essence of quota system is for diversity and inclusive development. Quota system is abused in Nigeria because of corruption. If the best from a less educationally exposed state is selected, incompetency would be reduce and through interaction with more learned folks, the guys would also pick up the challenge and horn their skills.
However, how to you expect the federal government to improve the education system in the North if it gives all the scholarship to those from the south?

At least we both agree that what we practise here is not quota system but corruption. I deliberately asked you to replace quota system with diversification so that your point will be made clearer to those who still misunderstand you.

Coming to your last paragraph, any responsible government that wants to promote clarity and eschew regional grievances should not give a national test and then drop someone who scored more just because he is from a particular region then replace him with someone who scored lower because he came from a certain region, that is discriminatory.

If you want to practise true federalism, you should from the onset, conduct regional scholarship tests. So that southerners will compete against southerners and vice versa for northerners. At the end of the day, you pick the best from both regions based on merit without anyone feeling cheated. Mission accomplished. How hard can that be? But no, what is usually obtainable here is slot swapping, name changing etc. and them someone comes here to justify corruption as quota system.

5 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by CircleOfWilis: 1:54pm On Feb 27, 2020
useless argument here and there....

8 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by BenFlash: 1:56pm On Feb 27, 2020
tyakson99:

Bros... I want to ask you, Why are some scholarship and jobs left for women to promote gender balance? Why don't you tell organizers of such scheme to throw it open to both men and woman and pick you that would score 100/100.

We have both answered this question, diversification is the original idea but corruption is what we are practising.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Greatken007(m): 2:01pm On Feb 27, 2020
It seems some persons are benefiting from this distraction.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by tyakson99: 2:05pm On Feb 27, 2020
BenFlash:

We have both answered this question, diversification is the original idea but corruption is what we are practising.
Bros.. What we should both conclude is that let the best from each state be selected and not telling us federal character should be abolished.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by BenFlash: 2:13pm On Feb 27, 2020
tyakson99:

Bros.. What we should both conclude is that let the best from each state be selected and not telling us federal character should be abolished.

All I am clamouring for is a level playing field, federal character or not.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by SenatorJChris: 2:54pm On Feb 27, 2020
CircleOfWilis:
useless argument here and there....
I swear
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by YourSugarDaddy: 3:08pm On Feb 27, 2020
BenFlash:

All I am clamouring for is a level playing field, federal character or not.

And that is exactly what Federal Character is, it levels the playing field for all states.

For instance nnpc employed 25 GT's from each state based on merit, meaning the best 25 applicants from each state made the list. If this isn't fair then i honestly don't know what you folks refer to as fair.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Pshinero(m): 3:38pm On Feb 27, 2020
Thread just becoming more BORING by the day. Scrolling and hoping to see something interesting and may be hilarious as ususal only for me to see federal character, zoning, northern, southern, eastern, south south omg! haha, u guys should just stop! Is this why we are all here?

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by cocococo: 3:41pm On Feb 27, 2020
Pshinero:
Thread just becoming more BORING by the day. Scrolling and hoping to see something interesting and may be hilarious as ususal only for me to see federal character, zoning, northern, southern, eastern, south south omg! haha, u guys should just stop! Is this why we are all here?
No mind them o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1706) (1707) (1708) (1709) (1710) (1711) (1712) ... (1843) (Reply)

Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.