Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire - Jobs/Vacancies (1808) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire (4834329 Views)

Did You Apply For Stanbic IBTC Experience Hire Position? / 1,000 NNPC Graduate Trainees Begin Work On Monday / Graduate Trainee And Exp. Job Recruitment At Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1805) (1806) (1807) (1808) (1809) (1810) (1811) ... (1843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Originakalokalo(m): 4:04pm On Dec 17, 2020
episio2:
Good day bro, please can you reach out to your source?

My source has always been hopeful.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 17, 2020
Originakalokalo:

My source has always been hopeful.
The hope theory grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Abdul119(m): 6:33am On Dec 18, 2020
Punch Newspapers – The most widely read newspaper in Nigeria logo

6'
NNPC GMD, Mele Kolo Kyari

FEATURED
NNPC abandons 10,000 applicants amid alleged secret recruitment
Published December 18, 2020

Eniola Akinkuotu, Abuja

Thousands of applicants, who were shortlisted by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation to fill positions for the experienced cadre, have written an open letter to the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), alleging foul play.

The applicants said while those who applied as graduate trainees had already been employed, others who applied for the experienced category had not been contacted by the NNPC since June 2019 when they sat exams.

The letter read in part, “In March 2019, the then NNPC GMD, Dr Maikanti Baru (now deceased) with his management team that included the current GMD, Mallam Mele Kyari, through various national newspapers, placed advertisements welcoming applications to vacancies in different positions involving graduate trainees and experienced hires after the needs assessment of the corporation.

“By June 1, 2019, a CBT aptitude test was conducted nationwide for the over 60,000 candidates shortlisted in an open and transparent manner monitored by leading television stations. After assessment, about 10,000 candidates passed the test and were scheduled for interviews between July 1 and 10, 2019 at the NNPC Towers Abuja conducted by the different corporation’s technical panels.”

The applicants said the seamless communication and engagement from the NNPC management at the initial stages were commendable, but things began to change after Kyari took over, as no one communicated with them any longer.

They said on February 14, 2020, the NNPC management released the outcome of the interview for only the graduate trainees titled: ‘External Communication on 2019/2020 Recruitment’, where it was mentioned that the experienced component of the recruitment would be addressed in due course.

The applicants said several attempts by civil society organisations to get the NNPC to complete the exercise proved abortive, while advertorials and open letters to Kyari were ignored.

The letter further read, “The GMD, Mallam Mele Kyari, appeared on the monthly webinar programme, the June edition of the Nigerian Association of Petroleum Explorationists, and several questions about this lingering incomplete recruitment were posed.

“He responded that the ‘experienced hire candidates will be contacted as soon as possible’. Your Excellency, till date, this pledge has not been fulfilled and still (there’s) no communication or any form of contact with the affected candidates, who are very qualified Nigerian young professionals, who have been assessed and interviewed by the highest technical organ of the corporation itself.”

They said they had taken to Twitter to inform the President; Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo; Senate President, Ahmad Lawan; Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila; and the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Timipre Sylva, and the matter had generated over 10,000 tweets, but all their pleas have fallen on deaf ears.

The applicants said several months after, there had been no progress and they began hearing that secret recruitment had taken place and only the relatives of Very Important Persons were hired.

In a desperate plea, they called on the President to live up to his promise to curb corruption by ensuring that the process was transparently completed.

A text message sent to the Manager, Public Affairs, NNPC, Kenny Obateru, had not yet been responded to as of the time of filing this report.

10 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by DarkShades: 6:58am On Dec 18, 2020
I am loving the ongoing campaing by fellow EH in the press.

Also, i heard that the result of the IOR exams has been released yesterday. Hopefully MPE result will be out today. Maybe they can now face our matter squarely and sort us out.

@elzab and @nilnilsef please confirm

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by OKOOMOGE: 7:30am On Dec 18, 2020
The issue concerning the EH component of the recruitment was up for discussion on radio stations in Lagos this morning.

8 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Originakalokalo(m): 8:40am On Dec 18, 2020
Let's keep up the pressure.

Good work EHs.

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 18, 2020
Wishing you a pleasant festive season..

We shall all be alive to dance and celebrate in our days of glory in Jesus name. Amen

God bless you exceedingly in Jesus name. Amen.

Glory to Jesus Christ!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Tekoa: 10:14am On Dec 18, 2020
This media campaign must continue. The GMD is tarnishing his own reputation the longer he holds on to our apl.
He should do everything to release the apl this year.

5 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Ezalb: 10:22am On Dec 18, 2020
MPE is out also..both were released as the GMD promised during their Town hall meeting...
DarkShades:
I am loving the ongoing campaing by fellow EH in the press.

Also, i heard that the result of the IOR exams has been released yesterday. Hopefully MPE result will be out today. Maybe they can now face our matter squarely and sort us out.

@elzab and @nilnilsef please confirm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by DarkShades: 11:03am On Dec 18, 2020
Ezalb:
MPE is out also..both were released as the GMD promised during their Town hall meeting...

Fantastic. No more excuses.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 18, 2020
It's easy for NNPC. It's just for them to release few people to prove a point to the public and avoid these prolonged debates. What is there in employing 100 or 80 E.H and your name being among? It's easy.....

The media is hot, and NNPC need to do the needful...

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Topzylaw: 12:18pm On Dec 18, 2020
[quote author=Abdul119 post=97182999]
@MobilePunch is doing well on Twitter.
Keep the pressure on, folks.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by blackpanda: 12:53pm On Dec 18, 2020
Tekoa:
This media campaign must continue. The GMD is tarnishing his own reputation the longer he holds on to our apl.
He should do everything to release the apl this year.

I dont think they care about reputation

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by blackpanda: 12:55pm On Dec 18, 2020
zoputa:
It's easy for NNPC. It's just for them to release few people to prove a point to the public and avoid these prolonged debates. What is there in employing 100 or 80 E.H and your name being among? It's easy.....

The media is hot, and NNPC need to do the needful...

This is the problem with nigerians. We are always eager to settle for less and condone the wrong thing.
For me, its either they release the full list of successful candidates or not release anything at all, lets know their true colour. No middle ground. We are not asking NNPC to dash us employment. We sat for the exams and interviews. Its not charity. NNPC should do the right thing for once!

16 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by SenatorJChris: 2:25pm On Dec 18, 2020
It is not a surprise that the issue of EH recruitment still lingers. That organisation has a long history of inconclusive recruitments, and it has become a reputation (bad one at that). By their own standards, it was a huge achievement to even conclude that of GT, and that is why they keep mute whenever questions concerning EH are raised. They feel we should be grateful to them for a huge accomplishment.

Everytime I hear talks about internal realignment blah blah blah, I laugh. There is no vacancy, yet people join the organisation every month as replacements. Who is deceiving who? A high percentage of their workforce didn't go through general recruitments, and I guess even MKK himself nah backdoor things. So we shouldn't expect people who are beneficiaries of a flawed system to do what is right. TAPE my foot!! Integrity my foot!!!

9 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 18, 2020
This will be a turnaround recruitment for the E.H. If NNPC have been disappointing people in the past, this recruitment is the end of such. Next time they should determine their need before they start any recruitment...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 18, 2020
It is well

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 18, 2020
kachii77:
i sent u a pm

quote author=episio2 post=96864994] Amen bro
I sent you a PM
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Greatersttar: 10:28am On Dec 19, 2020
Ezalb:
Watching the town hall meeting..
A video of achievements of the GMD and his team was played and it was mentioned that the GT recruitment was concluded.
GMD gave a long speech and he mentioned bringing in the young ones onboard hence the successful completion of the 1050 GTs who have different ideas..
He also talked about IOR and MPE as a positive succession plan to aging TOP management staffs.
He didn't mention EH...
although someone asked about the casual staffs who went thru the recruitment process...

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by SenatorJChris: 11:37am On Dec 19, 2020
Greatersttar:

Hope u know divulging the proceeds of such meeting is unethical. For u to be part of such meeting u must be a staff or maybe u logged in with someone's profile.
It might have been better u give the info concerning the EH part without mentioning other things involved in d meeting.

Who is this one again? Oya Mr ethical go and report him. Arrest him or charge him to court. Who do us this thing for naija? Townhall meeting has now become secret cult meeting.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 19, 2020
SenatorJChris:

Who is this one again? Oya Mr ethical go and report him. Arrest him or charge him to court. Who do us this thing for naija? Townhall meeting has now become secret cult meeting.

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 19, 2020
Hmmm, the faith of many (even the strong), has started to wane.

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Originakalokalo(m): 1:55pm On Dec 19, 2020
This year is gone.

Let's hope for the best in 2021.

See you guys next year.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Kilowaggz: 1:59pm On Dec 19, 2020
Greatersttar:

Hope u know divulging the proceeds of such meeting is unethical. For u to be part of such meeting u must be a staff or maybe u logged in with someone's profile.
It might have been better u give the info concerning the EH part without mentioning other things involved in d meeting.
mr security officer..the worse part is when people ask for update, likes of you will be quiet,you never contribute anything, you only criticize and police everything..oga try and be useful to yourself and your society..we don't need that here

9 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by T4kbaba(m): 3:30pm On Dec 19, 2020
SenatorJChris:

That's is life ooo bro. That's how a guy called Soulja who we started struggle together and cried for info from sources started antagonized EH on tweeter because he is luck to be among successful GT.

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by SenatorJChris: 4:50pm On Dec 19, 2020
T4kbaba:

That's is life ooo bro. That's how a guy called Soulja who we started struggle together and cried for info from sources started antagonized EH on tweeter because he is luck to be among successful GT.

I swear that guy own surprise me. Don't know whether to call it selfishness or wickedness.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Elpadre22: 5:12pm On Dec 19, 2020
There something inherently wrong with some Nigerians, Thier true character shows whenever they get a level higher than the people they are struggling with.

I followed this thread and saw how it ended up. Some Gts tried to help, but some others scared them away. Talking about how now "they are different" from the people here.

Personally, I have no expectations from anybody or anyone, so peoples behaviours no longer surprise me anymore. And to me, all government officials, politicians or security are just entertainment. Cause 90% of them are liers especially those flaunting integrity

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Tekoa: 7:43pm On Dec 19, 2020
Greatersttar:

This is really shameful you wrote up here. Take it down.

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Fremanb4(m): 8:00pm On Dec 19, 2020
You are obviously seeking attention, for you to post this. NNPC is a public company, you must know that you can't control the information that is already in the public space. So I'd advise you to continually stay unnoticed as you were. We don't need your ethical input here.
Greatersttar:

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Greatersttar: 10:33pm On Dec 19, 2020
Fremanb4:
You are obviously seeking attention, for you to post this. NNPC is a public company, you must know that you can't control the information that is already in the public space. So I'd advise you to continually stay unnoticed as you were. We don't need your ethical input here.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Greatersttar: 10:35pm On Dec 19, 2020
Tekoa:

This is really shameful you wrote up here. Take it down.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Greatersttar: 10:36pm On Dec 19, 2020
Kilowaggz:
mr security officer..the worse part is when people ask for update, likes of you will be quiet,you never contribute anything, you only criticize and police everything..oga try and be useful to yourself and your society..we don't need that here

(1) (2) (3) ... (1805) (1806) (1807) (1808) (1809) (1810) (1811) ... (1843) (Reply)

Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.